You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - July 2014

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - July 2014

Marxista Fozzski
Re: RE: Go North East - Latest
(22 Jul 2014, 7:17 am)Tom wrote Does anyone know when the buses from the Commenwealth Games get back?

Which Vehicles have gone North of the Border and have GNE sent up many drivers
Site Administrator
(22 Jul 2014, 7:40 am)marxistafozzski wrote Which Vehicles have gone North of the Border and have GNE sent up many drivers
We're bidding farewell to them in 15 minutes, fozz.
Just about all have arrived at Riverside now and I shall make a post with the fleet numbers when they have gone.
The vehicles are all undergoing last minute checks at present with drivers chatting away to each other.
Marxista Fozzski
(22 Jul 2014, 7:45 am)Dan wrote We're bidding farewell to them in 15 minutes, fozz.
Just about all have arrived now and I shall make a post with the fleet numbers when they have gone.

Thanks Dan
RE: Go North East - Latest
(21 Jul 2014, 5:13 pm)Marcus wrote Is this for Chester's Tridents n'all? Just saying - but Chester, although they have a large quantity of buses, always find a way to run dry Tongue

Sorry for being late on posting the list, i wasn't on the computer at all last night.

555-560
3873-3879
4970-72 (which will get done after 4968)
4978-4982
5144-5150
5275-5283
5310-5319
5320-5324

Not sure to include the national express coaches but here they are: 7092-7102

Although iv'e updated it a tiny bit, some still remain, like the Blaydon racers.
Like Dan said, the B10's are up for a straight withdrawal if the ToonLink gets new buses.

Others may get withdrawn, iv'e just left all the ones due a repaint on!
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Go North East
4 mins ·
Unfortunately, due to a breakdown, service #923 scheduled to depart from Peterlee Bus Station at 0850 won't operate. Apologies.

Go North East
3 mins ·
Service ‪#‎X35‬ scheduled to depart Sunderland Interchange at 0825 won't be operating due to a breakdown. Sorry for any inconvenience caused.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Banned
(22 Jul 2014, 5:58 am)Dan wrote Apologies for the mass posting... I notice a man in a high vis is currently unlocking the gates to the former Sunderland Road depot - at the same time a digger was coming down the bank. Could be worth going for some photos if anyone is in the area, in case they are now starting work on its demolition

It shouldn't be going for demolition yet as planning permission for the new Aldi store hasn't been granted yet (tho it will be)

DC/14/00346/FUL if anyone wants to see the plans
(22 Jul 2014, 9:38 am)gtom wrote It shouldn't be going for demolition yet as planning permission for the new Aldi store hasn't been granted yet (tho it will be)

Doesn't stop demolition starting (unless it is a listed building).

Wasn't the Vaux site cleared before any plans were approved?

We have a site that was cleared several years ago in anticipation of a new fire station being built.
Changes in the economy mean that the fire station will now be part of the hospital (buildings that are considered superfluous).

The two sites are a mile and a half apart.
(21 Jul 2014, 5:06 pm)Dan wrote A quote from the Commonwealth Games thread above, but more relevant to this thread now...

Schools being off means one thing for the Dennis Trident/East Lancs Lolyne vehicles in the fleet - repaint time! 3873 (W183 SCU) is the first of a number to arrive at Saltmeadows for repaint into corporate livery.

Has any more arrived at Saltmeadows?
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(22 Jul 2014, 7:51 am)Michael wrote Go North East
4 mins ·
Unfortunately, due to a breakdown, service #923 scheduled to depart from Peterlee Bus Station at 0850 won't operate. Apologies.

Go North East
3 mins ·
Service ‪#‎X35‬ scheduled to depart Sunderland Interchange at 0825 won't be operating due to a breakdown. Sorry for any inconvenience caused.
Is the 923 paid for by nPower?
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Site Administrator
(22 Jul 2014, 9:57 am)aureolin wrote Is the 923 paid for by nPower?

I could be wrong, but I believe it's operated commercially by Go North East.

Judging by information that I have available; in spring 2010, nPower re-located from Newcastle, Gateshead and Peterlee to new state-of-the-art offices at Rainton Bridge Business Park near Houghton-le-Spring.

As such, transport had to be provided from the sites nearby the previous buildings to the new building - with nPower turning to Go North East to provide said transport.

I think the contract was for Go North East to operate the services commercially, with nPower giving Key Cards to all existing and new employees who started there. In with the contract was the transport between (iirc) Newcastle Airport and nPower for conferences which are occasionally held at Rainton Bridge.
Site Administrator
See post below from the Commonwealth Games thread:

(22 Jul 2014, 11:06 am)Dan wrote From Chester-le-Street:
  • Volvo B7TL 6016
  • Volvo B7TL 6019
  • Volvo B7TL 6036

From Deptford:
  • Volvo B7TL 6008 (replacing Volvo B7TL 6010 from Stanley)
  • Volvo B7TL 6020
  • Volvo B7TL 6028
  • Volvo B9TL 6099
  • Volvo B7TL 6100

From Stanley:
  • Volvo B7TL 6009
  • Volvo B7TL 6012

From Percy Main:
  • Volvo B9TL 6116
  • Volvo B9TL 6117

From Riverside:
  • Volvo B7TL 3941
  • Volvo B7TL 3964*
  • Volvo B7TL 6015
  • Volvo B7TL 6031 (replacing Volvo B7TL 6014)
  • Volvo B7TL 6042 (replacing Volvo B7TL 6023)

From Washington:
  • Volvo B7TL 6027
  • Volvo B7TL 6029 (replacing Volvo B7TL 6011 which didn't feel too good upon arrival at Riverside this morning)
  • Volvo B7TL 6032

*I am told that Volvo B7TL 3964 was originally meant to head up North later this week, but has gone in place of 3963 (which presumably encountered problems this morning so couldn't go up today). I'd therefore assume that 3963 will go up later this week, taking the place of 3964.

After arriving at Riverside at 08:45am, the convoy of vehicles from other depots were all given last minute checks by Riverside engineering. After this, drivers made their way to the MetroCentre Coach Park between 09:00am and 09:30am for a photoshoot. Volvo B7TL 6020 unfortunately did not participate while it received further attention from engineering. The drivers all looked very happy indeed, and they got involved in some group photographs alongside other members of Go North East staff who were present.

I will update our fleetlists accordingly with the depot showing 'Glasgow' when I get a chance at some point today. One must head back out for 4968, Tridents from Stockton and odd workings on the Cobalt Clipper!
(22 Jul 2014, 5:38 am)Dan wrote I notice that more and more vehicles are re-gaining their external card readers too - with drivers being equally as clueless as to which reader passengers should be using!

Thankfully the plastic covering the cab door has also been replaced on the same vehicles.

Washington vehicles have all still been in use (4 and x1), but the 56 I am on now (just papped at Gateshead), has a leather cover on.

(22 Jul 2014, 11:15 am)Dan wrote I could be wrong, but I believe it's operated commercially by Go North East.

Judging by information that I have available; in spring 2010, nPower re-located from Newcastle, Gateshead and Peterlee to new state-of-the-art offices at Rainton Bridge Business Park near Houghton-le-Spring.

As such, transport had to be provided from the sites nearby the previous buildings to the new building - with nPower turning to Go North East to provide said transport.

I think the contract was for Go North East to operate the services commercially, with nPower giving Key Cards to all existing and new employees who started there. In with the contract was the transport between (iirc) Newcastle Airport and nPower for conferences which are occasionally held at Rainton Bridge.

Heard the contracts covered the cost of the x1 Gemini's...
Again, could be miles off.
'Illegitimis non carborundum'
(22 Jul 2014, 1:18 pm)Dan wrote Couple of shots from the photoshoot...

[Image: 14714556214_fb46458c9d.jpg]Go North East: Glasgow-bound by danielgrahamm, on Flickr

[Image: 14693950336_f54a354f55.jpg]Go North East: Glasgow-bound by danielgrahamm, on Flickr

Great photos Dan, you should have photo bombed that one with the drivers in Tongue

Any idea what time they'll arrive at Glasgow?
Site Administrator
(22 Jul 2014, 1:44 pm)Marcus wrote Great photos Dan, you should have photo bombed that one with the drivers in Tongue

Any idea what time they'll arrive at Glasgow?

Cheers!

Hahah, I avoid the camera like the plague. Always the man behind it! Wink

They should arrive at Glasgow within the next hour.
(22 Jul 2014, 1:45 pm)Dan wrote Cheers!

Hahah, I avoid the camera like the plague. Always the man behind it! Wink

They should arrive at Glasgow within the next hour.

Can't recognise any Chester drivers in there - but I suppose that's because of the way they're all huddled up. Did the vehicles from each depot have a driver assigned, do you reckon they might chop and change a bit when they're up there?
Site Administrator
(22 Jul 2014, 1:51 pm)Marcus wrote Can't recognise any Chester drivers in there - but I suppose that's because of the way they're all huddled up. Did the vehicles from each depot have a driver assigned, do you reckon they might chop and change a bit when they're up there?

They were all assigned judging by the conversations I overheard both in the depot and at the photoshoot - saves the scrapping over the four B9TLs! Wink

The buses from Chester-le-Street mightn't have actually been driven by drivers at that depot - a number of vehicles transferred to Riverside yesterday as other drivers were driving them instead. It could have included those Chester ones, I'm not sure.
(22 Jul 2014, 1:55 pm)Dan wrote They were all assigned judging by the conversations I overheard both in the depot and at the photoshoot - saves the scrapping over the four B9TLs! Wink

The buses from Chester-le-Street mightn't have actually been driven by drivers at that depot - a number of vehicles transferred to Riverside yesterday as other drivers were driving them instead. It could have included those Chester ones, I'm not sure.

Just imagine a supervisor telling them to go and 'pick' a bus........
I won't announce the vehicle number to protect the passenger more than anything - but I have literally just seen my first 'boob on a bus'.

A lass in a strapless top obviously didn't realise it had worked it's way south, revealing one of her boobs.
She wasn't wearing a bra either...

Hopefully she felt the cold before anyone pointed it out to her.
'Illegitimis non carborundum'
At least one V-reg vehicle there.

I suppose if the vehicle has been well-maintained it should be as reliable as vehicles just a few months old.

Hong Kong bus companies (used to) overhaul their vehicles - body off and all mechanicals (engine, gearbox and axles) reconditioned 'as new'.

I don't know whether they still do . . .

When the Gardner engines had been reconditioned several times they were sold-on for use in 'Junks' that plied around the islands.
[quote='Dan' pid='53502' dateline='1406035119']
Couple of shots from the photoshoot...

I suppose if the vehicle has been well-maintained it should be as reliable as vehicles just a few months old.

Hong Kong bus companies (used to) overhaul their vehicles - body off and all mechanicals (engine, gearbox and axles) reconditioned 'as new'.

When the Gardner engines had been reconditioned several times they were sold-on for use in 'Junks' that plied around the islands.
(22 Jul 2014, 2:34 pm)G-CPTN wrote [quote='Dan' pid='53502' dateline='1406035119']
Couple of shots from the photoshoot...

All of the Presidents sent up there are V-reg.
Hi first message on here and it not a good one about GNE the last X35 from Hartlepool Marina was late and came from Powlet Road way instead of coming from the town centre leaving a passenger on the ASDA side stranded. It just not something that should be happening also it was a prince bishop and not a fast cat which is more confusing for passengers.
(22 Jul 2014, 6:35 pm)col87 wrote Hi first message on here and it not a good one about GNE the last X35 from Hartlepool Marina was late and came from Powlet Road way instead of coming from the town centre leaving a passenger on the ASDA side stranded. It just not something that should be happening also it was a prince bishop and not a fast cat which is more confusing for passengers.

Welcome to the forum Smile
Well living in Hartlepool theres only Stagecoach I can use. I do like the Go North east buses though when I have been to Newcastle.
Marxista Fozzski
(22 Jul 2014, 6:56 pm)col87 wrote Well living in Hartlepool theres only Stagecoach I can use. I do like the Go North east buses though when I have been to Newcastle.

Living in Hartlepool, you have my sympathies...

If looks like a turd,
Smells like a Turd,
Your in Hartlepool...

Just messing mate, welcome to the forum Big Grin