Menu

Pages (102)    122 23 24102   
MrFozz   21 Oct 2013, 5:15 pm
(21 Oct 2013, 5:13 pm)dans_bus_photos wrote Its more the cost- why have a driver sitting in the interchange for 25mins every half an hour throughout the day just so they dont have to interwork services.

The 61 that comes into Park Lane on Sundays has a 20 minute layover before going to The Galleries, dont know if it happens all day long, but the bus I get to Church does

(21 Oct 2013, 5:04 pm)Michael wrote TBH they shouldn't have to inter-work, to me its laziness from the managers department.

It's done, I guess, to cut costs, why have half the fleet out on Sundays when the passenger numbers will be lower, you kill 2 birds with one stone by interworking...

What I would do, I dont know how worthwhile it would be or if it would further confuse people, but would it not be worth GNE considering, say, changing the 2A/C's stand on Sundays only to Stand C, so on Sundays both 61 and 2A/C go off the same stand
MrFozz   21 Oct 2013, 6:02 pm
(20 Oct 2013, 11:48 pm)Adam Malarkey wrote Limited Stopping Service
20B - Sunderland - Houghton le Spring - Easington Lane - Belmont - Gilesgate Moor - Durham - Ferryhill - Newton Aycliffe - Darlington

Sunderland to Easington Lane - 31 Minutes (22 Minutes)
Easington Lane to Durham - 33 Minutes (25 Minutes)
Durham to Darlington - 59 Minutes (45 Minutes)

Journey Time = 126 Minutes (92 Minutes)

I had a thought for an Alternative Route between Sunderland and Durham that may perhaps provide a Faster Journey in which the Journey Time of 50 Minutes remained the same, as for the Darlington part, I got bored a little and decided to further my Experiment for an Alternative Route and to also see what the Journey Time would be like. Obviously this part would never actually happen.

Once again, I will say, well done at using your mind, however absurd, with this suggestion, who would benefit from this service, how well would it be used, I cant see many use from start to end, do people from Houghton need a direct link to Durham when there is already Arrivas 7 running out of Durham, is the 7 every 15 mins? Do GNE have the stomach to compete in an Arriva dominated area, look at OK1 to Darlo, Arriva won the day there. I could not see people sitting on a bus 1hr32 never mind 2hr06

It wont happen anytime soon but think of this

Sunderland-Ryhope-Dalton Park-Peterlee-Station Town-Sedgefield-Stockton-Darlington stopping only at the main bus stops in those places, I cant be bothered to work out timing at the moment, but see what you can make of this
Kuyoyo   21 Oct 2013, 6:10 pm
(21 Oct 2013, 6:02 pm)fozzovmurton wrote Once again, I will say, well done at using your mind, however absurd, with this suggestion, who would benefit from this service, how well would it be used, I cant see many use from start to end, do people from Houghton need a direct link to Durham when there is already Arrivas 7 running out of Durham, is the 7 every 15 mins? Do GNE have the stomach to compete in an Arriva dominated area, look at OK1 to Darlo, Arriva won the day there. I could not see people sitting on a bus 1hr32 never mind 2hr06

It wont happen anytime soon but think of this

Sunderland-Ryhope-Dalton Park-Peterlee-Station Town-Sedgefield-Stockton-Darlington stopping only at the main bus stops in those places, I cant be bothered to work out timing at the moment, but see what you can make of this

Arriva's 7 is indeed every 15 minutes plus it is upgraded to Sapphire shortly anyway. So, unless Go North East can offer anything better than leather seats, WiFi, Plug Sockets and the money back guarantee if a vehicle not to Sapphire standard is used on the service, then I think they might want to keep well away from Durham-Darlington.
MrFozz   21 Oct 2013, 6:13 pm
(21 Oct 2013, 6:10 pm)Kuyoyo wrote Arriva's 7 is indeed every 15 minutes plus it is upgraded to Sapphire shortly anyway. So, unless Go North East can offer anything better than leather seats, WiFi, Plug Sockets and the money back guarantee if a vehicle not to Sapphire standard is used on the service, then I think they might want to keep well away from Durham-Darlington.

Without trying to sound silly, what is Sapphire is it a brand or is vehicle?
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Malarkey   21 Oct 2013, 6:16 pm
As I said I was a bit bored so I added the bit to Darlington, but having the 20B Sunderland to Durham via Easington Lane would be of benefit I think in that area.
Malarkey   21 Oct 2013, 6:17 pm
(21 Oct 2013, 6:13 pm)fozzovmurton wrote Without trying to sound silly, what is Sapphire is it a brand or is vehicle?

Brand
Kuyoyo   21 Oct 2013, 6:21 pm
(21 Oct 2013, 6:13 pm)fozzovmurton wrote Without trying to sound silly, what is Sapphire is it a brand or is vehicle?

Sapphire is Arriva's new luxury brand (their version of Stagecoach Gold basically). The 7 is the fourth and final of the initial routes to be upgraded, and the only one with brand new vehicles (11 Pulsars). Further routes are due to be upgraded over the next few years.
Tom   22 Oct 2013, 11:01 am
Does anyone know if the X1 is busy from Hetton to Easington Lane?
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Andreos1   22 Oct 2013, 11:47 am
(22 Oct 2013, 11:01 am)Tom wrote Does anyone know if the X1 is busy from Hetton to Easington Lane?

It varies.
Seen it busy and carrying fresh air at different times of the day.
On other services, that level of usage has seen a service reduced or curtailed.

I am sure an insider will be able to clarify loadings

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
MrFozz   22 Oct 2013, 12:02 pm
(22 Oct 2013, 11:47 am)Andreos1 wrote It varies.

I second that Andreos...

Something else have seen a few times in the last few months is the X1 terminatng short at Hetton, although that is probably to do with trying to keep to time
Tom   22 Oct 2013, 12:07 pm
(22 Oct 2013, 11:47 am)Andreos1 wrote It varies.

Cheers! Smile - Maybe it should operate every 30 mins from Houghton to Easington Lane?
Malarkey   22 Oct 2013, 3:22 pm
Last Night/Early Hours of This Morning whilst watching WWE RAW I decided to take a look at the Latest Consultation for the Sunderland Area and some Changes I thought were Good and others Not so Good, So I decided to put my spin on this Proposed Consultation.

9 - Sunderland - Fulwell - Boldon - Hedworth - York Avenue - Jarrow - Tyne Tunnel - Percy Main - Royal Quays - North Shields (Every 15 Minutes to Jarrow/Every 30 Minutes to North Shields)

26/26A - Sunderland - Southwick - Castletown - Hylton Castle - Downhill – Boldon ASDA - Wardley (26A) - Heworth (26A) (Every 30 Minutes) (26A Evenings and Sundays Only)

35D - South Shields - Cleadon - Sunderland - Barnes Park - East Herrington – Doxford International - Houghton-le-Spring - Hetton-le-Hole - Easington Lane – Every 1 Hour (Peak Times Only)

36/36A - Sunderland – Enterprise Park - Castletown – Hylton Castle – Town End Farm – Downhill – Witherwack – Southwick – Sunderland (Withdrawn)

X36 - Sunderland – Southwick – Castletown – Boldon - Heworth – Gateshead – Newcastle – (Every 30 Minutes Replacing the X3)

39 - Pennywell - Royal Hospital - Sunderland Interchange - Grangetown - Ryhope Green - Tunstall Village - Doxford Park - Moorside - Doxford International – Every 20 Minutes

39A - Pennywell - Royal Hospital - Sunderland Interchange - Ashbrooke - Leechmere Road - Hollycarrside - Esdale Estate - Tunstall Bank Estate – Every 20 Minutes (Replacing Service 38)

42/42A – Doxford International – East Herrington - Silksworth - Tunstall Village - Ryhope - Hollycarrside - Grangetown - Sunderland – Every 10 Minutes to Silksworth/Every 20 Minutes to Doxford International – (Instead of the Proposed 26 Extension)
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
gtom   22 Oct 2013, 3:31 pm
Summer Service (plus School Holidays and Christmas)

B1 (Branded as B1 with your history)

Eldon Square - Central Station - Gateshead Interchange then direct to Beamish Museum.
idiot   23 Oct 2013, 9:28 am
I hate having a/b/c/d/e/f/y/z on end of numbers lol...

Also keep #X36 through Marley Pots!
cbma06   23 Oct 2013, 10:37 am
(22 Oct 2013, 12:02 pm)fozzovmurton wrote I second that Andreos...

Something else have seen a few times in the last few months is the X1 terminatng short at Hetton, although that is probably to do with trying to keep to time

couple of suggestions on the 4,X1 and proposed new X2

service 4 original route to Houghton Church via Herrington Burn and Newbottle then from the 10 minute frequency extends every 30 minutes along the 71 route to Chester-Le-Street (71 withdrawn), then every 30 minutes extended upto Hall lane estate, then the other every 30 minutes to Npower building.

X1 stays the same but on a 20 minute frequency

X2 same as the X1 but on 20 minute frequency, same route as X1 between Newcastle and Shiney Row, then diverts to do the old 4 route between Shiney Row and Houghton Church then same route as X1 to Hetton Interchange and have the X2 terminate at Hetton Interchange due to the bus service running longer due to via Fence Houses section, as between Hetton Interchange and Easington lane there is a 30 minute frequency on the X35 and a proposed 20 minute frequency on service X1.

Tom   27 Oct 2013, 4:44 pm
Not sure what can be done about it, but ''Washington Street Shuttle'' services generally have very poor passenger numbers.

The M2/M3 are generally busy from Concord to Birtley. However, from Concord to Heworth they are terrible. There were two passengers on the M2 leaving Heworth before my 4 came in, which isn't good. When I saw the M2/M3 leaving Concord bound for Heworth they were poor too, but busier. Not sure if people use them from Sulgrave/Donwell, though. I personally think they should have them terminating at Concord, with alternate journeys extending to Heworth.

The W5/W6 were totally awful. They only left with about 3/4 passengers, one W6 even left empty. I rode one from Concord to Washington not long ago, and me and other two OAP's were the only ones on from Concord, who both departed at Blackfell. There were a couple of people got on there, but thats it. It doesn't seem good to me, any suggestions of what can be done to improve numbers?
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Malarkey   27 Oct 2013, 5:01 pm
(27 Oct 2013, 4:44 pm)Tom wrote Not sure what can be done about it, but ''Washington Street Shuttle'' services generally have very poor passenger numbers.

The M2/M3 are generally busy from Concord to Birtley. However, from Concord to Heworth they are terrible. There were two passengers on the M2 leaving Heworth before my 4 came in, which isn't good. When I saw the M2/M3 leaving Concord bound for Heworth they were poor too, but busier. Not sure if people use them from Sulgrave/Donwell, though. I personally think they should have them terminating at Concord, with alternate journeys extending to Heworth.

The W5/W6 were totally awful. They only left with about 3/4 passengers, one W6 even left empty. I rode one from Concord to Washington not long ago, and me and other two OAP's were the only ones on from Concord, who both departed at Blackfell. There were a couple of people got on there, but thats it. It doesn't seem good to me, any suggestions of what can be done to improve numbers?

The M2/M3 could be improved but Passenger Number are quite good as I use it Daily, Journeys before 10am get rammed coming from Birtley, It's the same after 3pm in Both Directions, And Numbers between 10am and 3pm are ok I would say. Evenings after Rush Hour and on Sundays are Very Quiet. As for the W5/W6 that service has always been awful and I can't see anyway to improve it other than have it under the Nexus Contract much like the 37/73 throughout the day.
Tom   27 Oct 2013, 5:05 pm
(27 Oct 2013, 5:01 pm)Adam Malarkey wrote The M2/M3 could be improved but Passenger Number are quite good as I use it Daily, Journeys before 10am get rammed coming from Birtley, It's the same after 3pm in Both Directions, And Numbers between 10am and 3pm are ok I would say. Evenings after Rush Hour and on Sundays are Very Quiet. As for the W5/W6 that service has always been awful and I can't see anyway to improve it other than have it under the Nexus Contract much like the 37/73 throughout the day.

The M2/M3 are very busy from Concord to Birtley, however Concord to Heworth aren't!

Yeah, the W5/W6 will eventually go under Nexus Contract. Are they good Galleries-Brady Sqaure/Barmston?
Malarkey   27 Oct 2013, 5:11 pm
(27 Oct 2013, 5:05 pm)Tom wrote The M2/M3 are very busy from Concord to Birtley, however Concord to Heworth aren't!

Yeah, the W5/W6 will eventually go under Nexus Contract. Are they good Galleries-Brady Sqaure/Barmston?

With the 4 being Every 10 Minutes it has an Impact on the M2/M3 between Heworth and Concord, Whereas the W5/W6 are just awful across the whole route.
cbma06   27 Oct 2013, 5:22 pm
(27 Oct 2013, 5:11 pm)Adam Malarkey wrote With the 4 being Every 10 Minutes it has an Impact on the M2/M3 between Heworth and Concord, Whereas the W5/W6 are just awful across the whole route.

their was always a 10 minute service provided when it was the 194/294 between Galleries and Heworth.

the M2/M3 used to be the 179/180? between Concord-galleries-Chester-Le-Street, so maybe GNE should curtail the M2/M3 at Concord if its not making much income and debrand the M in front of the service number.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Malarkey   27 Oct 2013, 5:38 pm
(27 Oct 2013, 5:22 pm)cbma06 wrote their was always a 10 minute service provided when it was the 194/294 between Galleries and Heworth.

the M2/M3 used to be the 179/180? between Concord-galleries-Chester-Le-Street, so maybe GNE should curtail the M2/M3 at Concord if its not making much income and debrand the M in front of the service number.

Yeah but People living at Donwell/Sulgrave would lose a Direct Link to Heworth, which would mean they'd have to get the 56 into Concord and Change onto the 4 which would result in possibly costing them more money. But I would drop the "M" on the Service Number.
Andreos1   27 Oct 2013, 5:57 pm
(27 Oct 2013, 5:05 pm)Tom wrote The M2/M3 are very busy from Concord to Birtley, however Concord to Heworth aren't!

The W series in Washington, allways used to be packed (all be it on smaller vehicles).
Maybe the move away from the estates and 'hail and ride' routes have contributed to the low numbers on the likes of the w5 and w6.

Then there is the companies attitude to services across washington (hunt out aureolins pictorial graphic).

Something needs to be done to attract the residents living across washington onto buses.
The current method of having a core network striking through the middle of the town and seemingly neglecting the villages with reduced services is obviously not working.

Malarkey   27 Oct 2013, 6:03 pm
Just a few ideas I have put together for the W5/W6, To be honest you can't really do much with it. I'll work on the M2/M3 after I have had my Tea.

Option 1

W5 – Waterview Park – Barmston - Brady Square - Biddick - Washington Galleries - Oxclose - Blackfell – Concord – Donwell – Springwell – Springwell Estate – Wrekenton -Birtley Crematorium - Lansbury Drive - Birtley - Barley Mow Estate

W6 – Waterview Park – Barmston - Barmston Court - Washington Village - Washington Galleries - Oxclose - Blackfell - Concord – Donwell – Springwell – Springwell Estate – Wrekenton - Birtley Crematorium - Lansbury Drive - Birtley - Barley Mow Estate

Option 2

W5 – Brady Square - Biddick - Washington Galleries - Oxclose - Blackfell – Concord – Sulgrave – Peel Retail Park - Waterview Park – Boldon Asda - Jarrow

W6 – Barmston Court - Washington Village - Washington Galleries - Oxclose - Blackfell - Concord – Sulgrave – Peel Retail Park - Waterview Park - Boldon Asda – Jarrow

Option 3

W5 – Washington Galleries – Biddick – Brady Square – Barmston – Peel Retail Park – Sulgrave – Concord – Blackfell – Oxclose – Washington Galleries

W6 – Washington Galleries – Washington Village – Barmston Court – Barmston – Peel Retail Park – Sulgrave – Concord – Blackfell – Oxclose – Washington Galleries
Andreos1   27 Oct 2013, 6:14 pm
(27 Oct 2013, 6:03 pm)Adam Malarkey wrote Just a few ideas I have put together for the W5/W6, To be honest you can't really do much with it. I'll work on the M2/M3 after I have had my Tea.

Option 1

W5 – Waterview Park – Barmston - Brady Square - Biddick - Washington Galleries - Oxclose - Blackfell – Concord – Donwell – Springwell – Springwell Estate – Wrekenton -Birtley Crematorium - Lansbury Drive - Birtley - Barley Mow Estate

W6 – Waterview Park – Barmston - Barmston Court - Washington Village - Washington Galleries - Oxclose - Blackfell - Concord – Donwell – Springwell – Springwell Estate – Wrekenton - Birtley Crematorium - Lansbury Drive - Birtley - Barley Mow Estate

Option 2

W5 – Brady Square - Biddick - Washington Galleries - Oxclose - Blackfell – Concord – Sulgrave – Peel Retail Park - Waterview Park – Boldon Asda - Jarrow

W6 – Barmston Court - Washington Village - Washington Galleries - Oxclose - Blackfell - Concord – Sulgrave – Peel Retail Park - Waterview Park - Boldon Asda – Jarrow

Option 3

W5 – Washington Galleries – Biddick – Brady Square – Barmston – Peel Retail Park – Sulgrave – Concord – Blackfell – Oxclose – Washington Galleries

W6 – Washington Galleries – Washington Village – Barmston Court – Barmston – Peel Retail Park – Sulgrave – Concord – Blackfell – Oxclose – Washington Galleries

weren't there a stack of suggestions a few months back for these services?

With the routes around the place being suitable, a frequent circular service should suffice. There will be regular links from the villages into concord and the galleries and onto connecting services - if the core routes like the x1 and 4 are to stay the same.

Ps my shift button on the phone is knackered. Only works after full stops... Sad

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Malarkey   27 Oct 2013, 6:24 pm
(27 Oct 2013, 6:14 pm)Andreos1 wrote weren't there a stack of suggestions a few months back for these services?

With the routes around the place being suitable, a frequent circular service should suffice. There will be regular links from the villages into concord and the galleries and onto connecting services - if the core routes like the x1 and 4 are to stay the same.

Ps my shift button on the phone is knackered. Only works after full stops... Sad

I believe there was a load of them made by myself mostly, but I cba to troll back through all the posts on this thread
cbma06   27 Oct 2013, 6:58 pm
(27 Oct 2013, 5:38 pm)Adam Malarkey wrote Yeah but People living at Donwell/Sulgrave would lose a Direct Link to Heworth, which would mean they'd have to get the 56 into Concord and Change onto the 4 which would result in possibly costing them more money. But I would drop the "M" on the Service Number.

Whats wrong with changing onto another service at key points like Concord, there would be a lot of passengers out there in the world that would prefer to have a direct link to a place where there want to go, its not always possible, how is it costing them more, if passengers have bus passes or day passes or week passes or monthly passes, nothing wrong with getting a 10 minute freq bus on service 56 and then changing to another 10 minute freq bus on service 4 to finish there journey.

Tom   27 Oct 2013, 7:08 pm
I think the W5/W6 just need slightly improving, not a extension to Jarrow! :L

Option 3 is probably a more sutible option, and a rather good one too!
Adrian   27 Oct 2013, 7:09 pm
(27 Oct 2013, 6:58 pm)cbma06 wrote Whats wrong with changing onto another service at key points like Concord, there would be a lot of passengers out there in the world that would prefer to have a direct link to a place where there want to go, its not always possible, how is it costing them more, if passengers have bus passes or day passes or week passes or monthly passes, nothing wrong with getting a 10 minute freq bus on service 56 and then changing to another 10 minute freq bus on service 4 to finish there journey.

I wouldn't mind changing at all if the connections I tried to use worked. I quite often have to get the X1 back from Newcastle to Washington after 8pm, and the M1 more often than not pulls out of the bus station as the X1 pulls in. Both services are timetabled at Washington Galleries for the same time though, so there's no room for error. As much as I enjoy a nice half hour wait in a cold bus station. I'd rather not to it.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Malarkey   27 Oct 2013, 7:12 pm
(27 Oct 2013, 6:58 pm)cbma06 wrote Whats wrong with changing onto another service at key points like Concord, there would be a lot of passengers out there in the world that would prefer to have a direct link to a place where there want to go, its not always possible, how is it costing them more, if passengers have bus passes or day passes or week passes or monthly passes, nothing wrong with getting a 10 minute freq bus on service 56 and then changing to another 10 minute freq bus on service 4 to finish there journey.

Right so say said person in Donwell works in South Shields and they opt to a Bus/Metro Transfer on the M2 as it is cheaper for them there and back from work, If that link is removed they are forced to buy a £6.80 Dayrover or Alternatively a Weekly/Monthly Network One Pass
Malarkey   27 Oct 2013, 7:16 pm
Service Suggestions for Washington (First 19 Posts) which gives us plenty of Ideas we have all came up with, which in turn will help create improved Suggestion. All Posts are in the Word Document Attachment below.

[attachment=4791]
Pages (102)    122 23 24102