Deprecated: preg_replace(): Passing null to parameter #3 ($subject) of type array|string is deprecated in /home/northeas/public_html/forums/inc/functions.php on line 5739

Deprecated: preg_replace(): Passing null to parameter #3 ($subject) of type array|string is deprecated in /home/northeas/public_html/forums/inc/functions.php on line 5739

Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 | North East Buses

Skip to main content

Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2
Talking about timetable leaflets, are any available in any location 'off bus' in Peterlee
(03 Oct 2017, 9:38 pm)Wybus wrote Talking about timetable leaflets, are any available in any location 'off bus' in Peterlee

Not as far as I'm aware - the old tourist info centre (why did Peterlee ever have a TIC?!) used to have some but GNE timetables have always been really poorly available across County Durham in my opinion - worse now that the CLS travelshop is no more.  Kind of a moot point though if they are no longer producing printed leaflets for the majority of services.
(03 Oct 2017, 9:38 pm)Wybus wrote Talking about timetable leaflets, are any available in any location 'off bus' in Peterlee

Used to get them from tourist info centre until it closed down and moved everything to the library , but in the library you can only get the Arriva timetables

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Full sets of timetables including various out of date ones are still available in Nexus locations.

Wait until that large leaflet rack at Gateshead is empty except for the X12 and X34. Then the public might actually notice, as at the moment they are still picking up old ones.

I would have expected better from the Go Ahead Group to be honest, they still do an 100 page timetable 'magazine' in Brighton.
Site Administrator
(06 Oct 2017, 7:18 pm)Wybus wrote I would have expected better from the Go Ahead Group to be honest, they still do an 100 page timetable 'magazine' in Brighton.

Not for much longer!

I'm told that it is planned for this magazine to be scrapped next year...
New timetables for 14 and 30 from 29th October now uploaded onto the GNE website on the respective pages.

Only 3 journeys on an evening, but the 704 is still not included on the timetable for the 30, despite being under the same tab on the website.
(06 Oct 2017, 7:21 pm)Dan wrote Not for much longer!

I'm told that it is planned for this magazine to be scrapped next year...

Who remembers 
The go north east magazine of timetables?

Go with the times 
Was delivered to many households must of cost a fortune
A reminder that Go North East start to run the 40/40A/40B and 86 tomorrow, while Stanley travel operate some journeys on the 30.

Go North East also start to run the 14 on an evening instead of Stanley Travel.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Jamie M
Unregistered
Didn't GNE win 30 journeys back by (somewhat illogically) operating 704 as well?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
Jamie M
Unregistered
Ahh, they are morning trips. I'm pretty sure what I am talking about was in reference to the final few journeys.

(28 Oct 2017, 12:28 pm)Jamie M wrote Ahh, they are morning trips. I'm pretty sure what I am talking about was in reference to the final few journeys.

Well you just said "won journeys back", you didn't say that they were the late journeys.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Jamie M
Unregistered
oops, I was meaning to clarify that I meant evening journeys (since I was unaware early journeys were every disputed)

Jamie M
Unregistered
"GGONWAY" solars or "& Count" streetlites? Wouldn't be surprised haha.

Is it true that South Tyneside 88A is coming off and 27 reroute via Lukes Lane? for January

If so is 27 getting bigger buses to cope with the demand. Will their be any new routes?
Strange you said that I heard the 5 is going to go to North Shields from Jan.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
I only heard it from lady who went to Council Meeting. So it looks like Big Changes for South Tyneside bus network.

I was hoping for bus link to Metrocentre.
Haha I dont know about that. I heard from a mate who knows a few Washington Drivers. But they had said it was only hear say but may ring true after what you have heard to. Be interesting how it interworks with the 50. Although may still be ok driving hours wise. If its true

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
The 88A being withdrawn isn't that unlikely because the 88 and 88A usually run in 2s the good service but I don't think that corridor a service every 15 minutes and if it is withdrawn the actually be enough branded vechiles to cover the PVR
(20 Nov 2017, 7:19 pm)Ds1197 wrote The 88A being withdrawn isn't that unlikely because the 88 and 88A usually run in 2s the good service but I don't think that corridor a service every 15 minutes and if it is withdrawn the actually be enough branded vechiles to cover the PVR

Seen this on Facebook earlier...
.png Screenshot_20171120-205315.png
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
It would be nice if GNE would let people know of their plans and ask for their opinions. People need access to NHS in Shields and if 88/A comes off their will be one big problem.

Maybe Stagecoach might be coming in. Anywayif all this is true or not we will have to wait.
Seen this on the Durham County Council site:

From 30th November

Go North East 20, 20A, X20 timetable amended.

Also:

From the Durham site too: on Boxing day: GoNE will also run the 309
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(20 Nov 2017, 7:19 pm)Ds1197 wrote The 88A being withdrawn isn't that unlikely because the 88 and 88A usually run in 2s the good service but I don't think that corridor a service every 15 minutes and if it is withdrawn the actually be enough branded vechiles to cover the PVR

Go North East have confirmed that the 88/88A are under review due to reliability issues..

---------

Hi I've been informed the 88/88a are being taken off come 1st December. Please advise? Thanks.

Go North East
Go North East Hello Paula, this service is under review due to reliability issues with this service, however we have no details of this service being changed. Any changes to service will be posted on social media and at www.gonortheast.co.uk
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Lots of rumours flying about and people quoting drivers saying it's getting taken off. Doubt drivers know the whole truth because of canteen chat but there must be some weight behind the rumours.

I think a 9 re-routed to Lukes Lane and the 5 taken over to North Shields might be likely. Especially with the 9s Citaros coming back unbranded but no advertising boards.
(20 Nov 2017, 9:39 pm)Panasonic44 wrote It would be nice if GNE would let people know of their plans and ask for their opinions. People need access to NHS in Shields and if 88/A comes off their will be one big problem.

Maybe Stagecoach might be coming in. Anywayif all this is true or not we will have to wait.

I wonder if we will see some movement or possibly consultation in the new year?
'Illegitimis non carborundum'
(22 Nov 2017, 10:34 pm)Andreos1 wrote I wonder if we will see some movement or possibly consultation in the new year?

Hopefully, would be interesting to see the 5 go to North Shields instead of the 9.... if that happens, the 9 is likely to be Sunderland to Jarrow only, do many people use the service between Sunderland and Jarrow?

I did read somewhere of a new service numbered the 26, VOSA is the best place to get information, once its on VOSA, it's normally confirmed however nothing has appeared so far.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(23 Nov 2017, 7:08 pm)Michael wrote Hopefully, would be interesting to see the 5 go to North Shields instead of the 9.... if that happens, the 9 is likely to be Sunderland to Jarrow only, do many people use the service between Sunderland and Jarrow?

I did read somewhere of a new service numbered the 26, VOSA is the best place to get information, once its on VOSA, it's normally confirmed however nothing has appeared so far.

Sunderland-Jarrow is the busiest section of the route.
(21 Nov 2017, 7:38 pm)Michael wrote Seen this on the Durham County Council site:

From 30th November

Go North East 20, 20A, X20 timetable amended.

The 39 is also down to change on that day...

Looks like 1 extra run is added on an early morning, according to the NEXUS site.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.