You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2014

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2014

Re: RE: Go North East - Latest
(13 Jan 2014, 9:35 pm)speedwheels22 wrote From me I don't think gne are putting much effort in there brands r buses anymore some brands r brilliant and sum are that have been messed up

Seriously? Angel, Saltwell Park, drifter and coaster look great in my opinion. Then the Citylink and Tynedale Express are both simple but effective.
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
RE: Go North East - Latest
(12 Jan 2014, 8:01 pm)Dan wrote How effective do you think advertising on buses is? As far as I know, the only interaction with passengers in regards to the new E200s at Sunderland was via advertising boards on the sides of the buses:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/nerbp/11312099894/

If I wasn't told about it getting done, I wouldn't have noticed them... If I'm an enthusiast who looks at buses, I can't imagine Betty or Tom to notice them either.

Go North East had a massive amount of promotion for each brand, the coffee wagon was out almost every day ( Rolleyes ) and I feel GNE made an effort to communicate with their passengers that they would see new buses out in service. No doubt we can expect a few more chocolate bars to be handed out when it comes to the #Fab56 promotion too. Tongue

Chocolate bars for the Fab56 promotion - surely not ! What sort of chocolate bars do you think they might be.....................
(13 Jan 2014, 10:10 pm)Adam wrote I know it's the middle of winter, but what about those Fab ice lollies!

Wouldn't be a problem keeping them cold this week ! They made the list, but not the final cut....................
(13 Jan 2014, 10:11 pm)Ely1992 wrote PERFECT!

Seeing this on a morning would make me alot happier than seeing a president.

Unfortunately, the Geminis all have current roles so I'm afraid the X30/X31 and X70/X71 are stuck with what they currently have.
The PVR for the X30/X31 is 5 (I think) and the only inter workings are the X30/X31 respectively. So at Newcastle X30 will change to X31 and will run to Lanchester and back to Newcastle then go back onto the X30 and do the same etc.
[/quote]

The X30/X31 interwork as follows X31 round trip then X30 round trip changing at eldon sq. The X70/X71 interwork as follows X70 from consett will return from ncle as an X71 & return to ncle as an X70, X71 from consett will return as an X70 & return to ncle as an X71.
RE: Venture branding thoughts and opinions
I don't like the large V over the window. Overall I prefer the livery on the MPDs, but the addition of the dark red areas is an improvment.
Ironic Advertisement on Free Metro
I got on the Go North East Ten this morning, picked up my free newspaper as normal, only to see a full page advertisement for rival Arriva's new Smartphone app. You would have thought someone would notice when the put the newspapers on the buses first thing this morning.

Also ironic is the fact that once upon a time, the Ten was more better known as Arriva's 602.
Site Administrator
(13 Jan 2014, 10:03 pm)busman101 wrote Chocolate bars for the Fab56 promotion - surely not ! What sort of chocolate bars do you think they might be.....................

Perhaps one with orange packaging? A chocolate bar with two layers, just like the two floors of the 'double decker' buses allocated to the 56? Wink
(14 Jan 2014, 3:09 pm)pdiddy wrote Another 2 Pronto deckers broken down... need replacing badly

The stuff they sub them for are just as bad. Imagine being on a broken down Pronto and a Vyking turned up Tongue
today i spotted 8293 off its usual route instead it was on X85 should have been a Solar on there managed a good shot
Favourite Company is: Go North East
Favourite Operator in UK is: EYMS
Owner of Bella the Cat

Mood right now: Fustrated and Feel Left Out
(14 Jan 2014, 5:25 pm)Bazza Houston wrote today i spotted 8293 off its usual route instead it was on X85 should have been a Solar on there managed a good shot

Good catch, have you uploaded it yet?
(14 Jan 2014, 5:27 pm)gtomlinson wrote Good catch, have you uploaded it yet?

yes i have now it has litterly been put on flickr about 10 seconds ago
Owner of Bella the Cat

(14 Jan 2014, 5:40 pm)Bazza Houston wrote yes i have now it has litterly been put on flickr about 10 seconds ago

As a newbie I'm struggling to find my way around.

Where can I find this photograph?
(14 Jan 2014, 6:06 pm)G-CPTN wrote As a newbie I'm struggling to find my way around.

Where can I find this photograph?

Welcome to the forum, a photo can be seen here Smile
(14 Jan 2014, 6:39 pm)citaro5284 wrote Bus Lane Improvements around the North End of TVTE

http://www.simplygo.com/news/bus-access-...nuary-2014

Not convinced how well this will work. At a first thought, lights on the Lobley Hill roundabout has disaster written all over it. It does however seem logical to have the bus lane from Second Avenue onwards, but it doesn't do much for the massive congestion southbound between the Eastern Avenue roundabout and the Tenth Avenue/retail park roundabout.
(14 Jan 2014, 6:38 pm)Tom wrote Welcome to the forum, a photo can be seen here Smile
Thank-you - I saw this entering Corbridge mid afternoon (probably about 3.50pm).
(14 Jan 2014, 6:54 pm)G-CPTN wrote Thank-you - I saw this entering Corbridge mid afternoon (probably about 3.50pm).

would seem reasonable i saw it at around 3:07
Owner of Bella the Cat

(14 Jan 2014, 6:53 pm)aureolin wrote Not convinced how well this will work. At a first thought, lights on the Lobley Hill roundabout has disaster written all over it. It does however seem logical to have the bus lane from Second Avenue onwards, but it doesn't do much for the massive congestion southbound between the Eastern Avenue roundabout and the Tenth Avenue/retail park roundabout.

Are we talking about the Lobley Hill roundabout at the A1, as most of the slip roads there already have lights?

I have heard that the bus lane is going to go straight through the Maingate Roundabout as shown on the map on the link below.

http://www.gateshead.gov.uk/DocumentLibr...t-Plan.pdf
(14 Jan 2014, 10:22 am)Dan wrote Perhaps one with orange packaging? A chocolate bar with two layers, just like the two floors of the 'double decker' buses allocated to the 56? Wink

Bob on !
(14 Jan 2014, 7:36 pm)citaro5284 wrote Are we talking about the Lobley Hill roundabout at the A1, as most of the slip roads there already have lights?

I have heard that the bus lane is going to go straight through the Maingate Roundabout as shown on the map on the link below.

http://www.gateshead.gov.uk/DocumentLibr...t-Plan.pdf

I'm confusing matters. I was on about the roundabout shown on the PDF you've put up. Reason I think it'll end in disaster is the peak time tailbacks going right back on to the roundabout over the A1, and causing further congestion there. I don't think the car traffic will reduce as part of these plans, so the bottleneck has to appear somewhere.