Deprecated: strpos(): Passing null to parameter #1 ($haystack) of type string is deprecated in /home/northeas/public_html/forums/inc/functions.php on line 3538
Stagecoach North East: Latest News & Discussion - December 2013 | North East Buses

Skip to main content

Stagecoach North East: Latest News & Discussion - December 2013

Stagecoach North East: Latest News & Discussion - December 2013

Site Administrator
RE: Stagecoach North East - Latest
(10 Dec 2013, 10:04 pm)aureolin wrote So what's the crack with 22047 then...? Wink

I heard Compass Community Transport purchased it last week.
On the 73 today too, apparently!
Hi, with 21104 now replaced in the Teesside fleet by 21156 is 21104 now destined for scrap or will it be making it's way to ensign like it's sisters? Also have any of the other b10ble's with prestiege body work found new homes or are they still at ensign, I've tried a few Google searches but can't seem to find any info on them
Site Administrator
(11 Dec 2013, 1:30 am)Acky81 wrote Anyone got any pics of 22047 operating for compass

A source tells me it is on the 23 today in place of the usual van, in Nexus livery!!!
This is getting a little unrealistic and I fear my source may be incorrect... Perhaps the best idea would be to wait for Richard Smiles to share this period's Busways and Transit allocation.
(11 Dec 2013, 6:46 am)Dan wrote A source tells me it is on the 23 today in place of the usual van, in Nexus livery!!!
This is getting a little unrealistic and I fear my source may be incorrect... Perhaps the best idea would be to wait for Richard Smiles to share this period's Busways and Transit allocation.

On the 23?! - They don't even operate it any more!
(11 Dec 2013, 8:00 am)Tom wrote On the 23?! - They don't even operate it any more!

It's what we call in the business, a little white lie Wink
T488BNL AND T495BNL Both broken down or one has and the other helping out at sportsmans arms junction Sunderland. Worst place ever!!! Time for those t reg mans to go to the museum
The t s reg mans on Teesside are going strong for us on Teesside we have get them for 2 more years in till we get new buses on Teesside.
(11 Dec 2013, 6:29 pm)Acky81 wrote T488BNL AND T495BNL Both broken down or one has and the other helping out at sportsmans arms junction Sunderland. Worst place ever!!! Time for those t reg mans to go to the museum

Oh god, nothing worse!

They won't be gone untill at least February time
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(11 Dec 2013, 9:57 pm)ROBIN wrote Dan. I Shall not say any More news for a while. Thanks a lot. Regards Robin

dont be forced away from the forum, just let others help you, Richard has given you the answer to your enquiry a couple of times, anything else said is just a bit of banter
I'm sure in the Future the 100 will Gain newer buses, newer E300 maybe. Personally I would love to see Optare Versa's.

Also I have never seen a double decker on the 100 (which are needed on most journeys this time of the year) Ive heard its because of the low bridges in the Duston area, Im surprised they havent either -

- Put deckers on the service and informed the 100 drivers to go the route of the 10/10A once crossing the bridges into Gateshead (so they dont hit the low bridges on the other routes you can go to reach the Metro, the train bridge near the metrocentre in the industrial estate.)

- Bought bigger vehciles, maybe the larger Scania Omnicities (The big ones, with loads of wheels, enlighten me somebody, Im not sure what they are called)

- bendy buses, they could have got a few from Stagecoach London, they could run the service, although the 3 stops in Newcastle on the way would need to be altered slightly , maybe not the best idea, but it could of been an option.

Does anybody use the service much, I used it for 4 years, and this time of the year is a nightmare, most journeys are nearly fully seated throughout the year regardless!

What do people think of the 100.
(11 Dec 2013, 11:02 pm)Ely1992 wrote I'm sure in the Future the 100 will Gain newer buses, newer E300 maybe. Personally I would love to see Optare Versa's, I have never seen a double decker on the 100 (which are needed on most journeys this time of the year) Ive heard its because of the low bridges in the Duston area, Im surprised they havent either -

- Put deckers on the service and informed the 100 drivers to go the route of the 10/10A once crossing the bridges into Gateshead (so they dont hit the low bridges on the other routes you can go to reach the Metro)

- Bought bigger vehciles, maybe the larger Scania Omnicities (The big ones, with loads of wheels, enlighten me somebody, Im not sure what they are called)

- bendy buses, they could have got a few from Stagecoach London, they could run the service, although the 3 stops in Newcastle on the way would need to be altered slightly , maybe not the best idea, but it could of been an option.

Does anybody use the service much, I used it for 4 years, and this time of the year is a nightmare, most journeys are nearly fully seated throughout the year regardless!

What do people think of the 100.

Maybe the 100 will get the next order when stagecoach order some new buses. Ive only ever used it once amd it was packed, least then the current buses can be used to replace the MAN buses in other depots
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
I think the 100 would cope with 22047!! Tongue
nah in all seriousness it would be interesting to see newer buses for the service but at the same time how do passenger numbers compare with many of the Gne services that go to Metrocenter, i think the current buses (although off route a lot) cope well with the service and are obviously pleasing stagecoach because they've been on the service for so long now
(11 Dec 2013, 11:08 pm)Wellsey18 wrote I think the 100 would cope with 22047!! Tongue
nah in all seriousness it would be interesting to see newer buses for the service but at the same time how do passenger numbers compare with many of the Gne services that go to Metrocenter, i think the current buses (although off route a lot) cope well with the service and are obviously pleasing stagecoach because they've been on the service for so long now

You're lucky to get on a 100 at Central Station at this time of year put it that way, the loadings are outrageous which results in poor reliability.

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

(11 Dec 2013, 11:24 pm)tyresmoke wrote You're lucky to get on a 100 at Central Station at this time of year put it that way, the loadings are outrageous which results in poor reliability.

Indeed, while waiting at Central Station on Sunday while on a rare Sunday trip out, one flew past Central Station with a standing load, and this was about getting on for 12.
I personally believe the only reason the E300s have lasted so long on the 100 is down to the fact they were ordered on a longer than usual wheelbase which provides more capacity. This version of the E300 is no longer available and Stagecoach wouldn't be able to buy a standard single deck that would provide the same capacity.
(11 Dec 2013, 11:02 pm)Ely1992 wrote Also I have never seen a double decker on the 100 (which are needed on most journeys this time of the year) Ive heard its because of the low bridges in the Duston area, Im surprised they havent either -

- Put deckers on the service and informed the 100 drivers to go the route of the 10/10A once crossing the bridges into Gateshead (so they dont hit the low bridges on the other routes you can go to reach the Metro, the train bridge near the metrocentre in the industrial estate.)

SC have had a decker on a long time ago, can't recall when without looking up, but was years ago - and it lost its roof in the process.

I assume it would be like GNE, as the Metrocentre don't really like deckers on the X66 route, much rather see a B10 over a B7. Whichever type of single decker you put on the 100 it would get filled, nature of the 100.
Dan. 22021 is at south shields getting Engine Repaired also 22466 is still in depot getting attened to as well. Regards Robin
(12 Dec 2013, 5:40 pm)mattdw92 wrote SC have had a decker on a long time ago, can't recall when without looking up, but was years ago - and it lost its roof in the process.

I assume it would be like GNE, as the Metrocentre don't really like deckers on the X66 route, much rather see a B10 over a B7. Whichever type of single decker you put on the 100 it would get filled, nature of the 100.

Think your getting confused about this Matt.

Stagecoach has never put a decker on the 100. Let alone one losing it's roof.

The only incidents in Tyne and Wear which resulted in a bus losing it's roof would be the bridge at the Avenue in Wallsend claiming at least 2 buses. One being 16717 and the other been a nearly new Enviro 400.

I do have a feeling you might be referring to 16833 which was deroofed at Metal Bridge (near Ferryhill) whilst operating the X90 which ran via the Metrocentre. This happened around 2001.
Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/
Who needs heroes anyway? Villians have more fun.
(09 Dec 2013, 9:44 pm)Kuyoyo wrote As reported, 21156 is now at Stockton (as seen below). This means all 3 of the active B10BLEs (unless 21153/5 are still seeing use at Walkergate?) are now at Stockton. As it is a reserve vehicle, it will not be replaced at South Shields.

Just saw 21155 running 22 at Newcastle to Wallsend this afternoon. Good new to see that still working here
(12 Dec 2013, 10:24 pm)GMitchelhill wrote Think your getting confused about this Matt.

Stagecoach has never put a decker on the 100. Let alone one losing it's roof.

The only incidents in Tyne and Wear which resulted in a bus losing it's roof would be the bridge at the Avenue in Wallsend claiming at least 2 buses. One being 16717 and the other been a nearly new Enviro 400.

I do have a feeling you might be referring to 16833 which was deroofed at Metal Bridge (near Ferryhill) whilst operating the X90 which ran via the Metrocentre. This happened around 2001.

That could well of been the one, sounds like it! Thanks Gary.
This driver on the 4 is a right rager, it could because its because its Friday 13th.. or because he wants to get home because its a friday
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.