You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Stagecoach North East: Latest News & Discussion - September 2014

Stagecoach North East: Latest News & Discussion - September 2014

RE: Stagecoach North East - Latest
Saw a gas bus around walkergate this morning but didn't catch fleet number as was to far away
(17 Sep 2014, 5:46 pm)AIG20 wrote According to Matt Williamson of the Stagecoach Enthusiasts Facebook Group, 22666 (V166 DEF) has been in service at Walkergate Depot today, as have 22462, 22675 and 22735 along with 19156 on loan from Slatyford. 

22478 and 22480 have also been in service at Slatyford Depot. 

yeah 480 is back full time at the minute, 478 is back for around a week or two.
Re: RE: Stagecoach North East - Latest
(17 Sep 2014, 6:53 pm)AIG20 wrote When do you think it will re-enter service, as I guess the fleet numbers, names, logos, and so on will have to be re-applied?

Will all of the branded ADL E300s be debranded and repainted in the next few months.?
Today I believe, when a bus is repainted it gets all logos etc put on too before returning to the home depot. All E300 are being repainted.
(18 Sep 2014, 11:29 am)AIG20 wrote Therefore, as "Dan" mentioned in a previous post, it could be more likely that the "E" services may receive further investment in the future, as surely there is another reason for them being repainted other than looking a little bit scruffy in places.
They are being painted because they required it.
(18 Sep 2014, 10:05 pm)Robinwtait.19 wrote Are Any Man's coming to south shields or are they goinig just to Newcastle. Regards Robin

South Shields don't have a need for any extra MANs. They are only really needed for the X20 (PVR 2), and one spare for backup. As mentioned previously, 22734 is only used as a last resort. If any other MANs transferred it would be seen as a backward step considering that most of the depots' work is Enviro operated. 

As a side note, when transfers are made, they are noted in the news section of this site. The fleet list section also contains details about every vehicle in the fleet (including its current location).
Site Administrator
(18 Sep 2014, 11:24 pm)Simmy wrote South Shields don't have a need for any extra MANs. They are only really needed for the X20 (PVR 2), and one spare for backup. As mentioned previously, 22734 is only used as a last resort. If any other MANs transferred it would be seen as a backward step considering that most of the depots' work is Enviro operated. 

As a side note, when transfers are made, they are noted in the news section of this site. The fleet list section also contains details about every vehicle in the fleet (including its current location).
....when it's updated! It's going to be horrendously out of date at the moment, as I haven't touched it in ages.

If someone reminds me at about 1800, I'll update the Stagecoach fleet list! Just drop me a PM, message on Facebook, whatever.
Site Administrator
Believe the repainted Enviro has just left Park Lane on an E1 - looking alright from the back, but scruffy on the nearside!
Why has the format of the forum been changed ? Looks a mess now on the work computers, doesn't seem formatted right. And are we really bothered what mood someone is in?!
Site Administrator
A nice optimistic view! Great to see...

The answer to your question regarding the styling (which in the opinion of others is not bad) can be found elsewhere on the forum. There has been a vast amount of discussion on it - and I've repeated myself a good ten times which I'm not doing again.

Regarding the thread being stickied, it's probably come off when a moderator has moved a post in from one (normal) thread to this thread.
Walkergate's Enviro400 19437-46 and 19683 are presently on-loan to East Scotland for the Ryder Cup shuttles (thanks to Dougie King via David Walker on the 'Stagecoach Enthusiasts' Facebook Group). Might explain the appearance of 22666/72 on Walkergate work
Stagecoach On Teesside Stockton Depot Open Day Sunday 28th September 2014 11am-4pm

Come one and come all - next Sunday is the long-awaited Open Day at Stagecoach North East's Stockton depot, giving people a chance to see how the depot operates.

Now, for the vehicles attending

Home Fleet
The last 2 Volvo Olympian/Alexander RL (Belfast) 16834/6, also the final Double Deckers delivered new to the depot, will be operating shuttles between the High Street (stand 32, outside the Stagecoach Travel Office) alongside various members of the fleet
1 of each allocated vehicle type will be on display, while it's planned that Volvo B10B/Plaxton Verde 21037 will be in use as the Control Vehicle for the day

Other Stagecoach North East Vehicles
As well known, Walkergate will be bringing along one of their Alexander Dennis Enviro400Hs and Sunderland will be bring one of their Scania K230UB/Alexander Dennis Enviro300GS. In addition, South Shields depot will be sending one of their 2 new Alexander Dennis Enviro200s (37143/4).

Other Stagecoach Vehicles
In order to show off an example of the upcoming Alexander Dennis Enviro300s due at Stockton depot - Carlisle depot are bring along one of their recently delivered examples (27141/2)

Heritage Vehicles
As the Open Day additionally celebrates the 40th anniversary of the formation of Cleveland Transit in April 1974, the 500 Group will be displaying their active fleet (1958 Dennis Loline 99, 1973 Daimler Fleetline/Northern Counties L544 and 1977 Bristol VRT/Northern Counties H106 making its debut) in the yard as the link to the past showing the 3 eras of the depot from the late 1950s upto the late 1970s
As a link to Stagecoach North East's North Division's past - Volvo B10B/Alexander Strider 1902 will be attending

I will be at the depot from 9am helping to clean out L544 and get H106 ready for its debut - and will be assisting on the 500 Group Trade Stall so I hope to see you all there - if it's a success, it may happen again in the future Wink
(21 Sep 2014, 9:03 pm)Michael wrote Im not sure i can make it Sad
You'll be missing a cracking day out by the looks of it. First one this year locally that I've really looked forward to. I've even cut my day in Edinburgh on the Saturday short Smile
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
(21 Sep 2014, 9:12 pm)aureolin wrote You'll be missing a cracking day out by the looks of it. First one this year locally that I've really looked forward to. I've even cut my day in Edinburgh on the Saturday short Smile

I know =(, gutted 
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(23 Sep 2014, 7:37 am)AIG20 wrote A debranded ADL E300 27739 is at the rear of Sunderland Depot ready to be sanded down and repainted into standard Stagecoach livery.

Also at the rear of the depot are three gas buses - one of which was being looked at by a Scania engineer, as well as a "Sunderland Bus" branded ADL E200 and withdrawn MAN ALX300 22664.

For the third or fourth time this year, a big hole has been dug on the pavement outside the depot adjacent to the gas fuelling facility.

Not having any luck with this gas fuelling facility, hopefully the hole means they are finnaly gonna link it to the mains!!!!
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Site Administrator
(23 Sep 2014, 5:25 pm)AIG20 wrote In other news, MAN ALX300s 22214 (T214 TND) and 22731 (T731 OEF) are also apparently in service at Walkergate Depot.

Was on service 12 in Sunderland at 1730 today, as noted here.

The other working on service 12 was made up by a DDA-compliant ALX300, so I don't know where the other DDA-compliant examples were at..!
Site Administrator
(23 Sep 2014, 5:31 pm)AIG20 wrote Whoops! Blush  Rumors are not always true.

I assumed some of the DDA-compliant examples were on loan to Newcastle, given that two E200s have been allocated to service 12 both yesterday and today, though nobody seems to have seen any of them yet, so maybe they're just VOR.
Site Administrator
The vehicles at the back of Sunderland include:
(24 Sep 2014, 8:00 am)AIG20 wrote I think 16833 and 16839 are staying at Sunderland as vehicles for the Sunderland AFC Park and Ride, and I assume they were used for the match last night. If they disappear from the rear of the depot, they will probably be in internal storage instead.

16833 was definitely on the park and ride
(21 Sep 2014, 8:59 pm)Kuyoyo wrote Stagecoach On Teesside Stockton Depot Open Day Sunday 28th September 2014 11am-4pm

Come one and come all - next Sunday is the long-awaited Open Day at Stagecoach North East's Stockton depot, giving people a chance to see how the depot operates.

Now, for the vehicles attending

Home Fleet
The last 2 Volvo Olympian/Alexander RL (Belfast) 16834/6, also the final Double Deckers delivered new to the depot, will be operating shuttles between the High Street (stand 32, outside the Stagecoach Travel Office) alongside various members of the fleet
1 of each allocated vehicle type will be on display, while it's planned that Volvo B10B/Plaxton Verde 21037 will be in use as the Control Vehicle for the day

Other Stagecoach North East Vehicles
As well known, Walkergate will be bringing along one of their Alexander Dennis Enviro400Hs and Sunderland will be bring one of their Scania K230UB/Alexander Dennis Enviro300GS. In addition, South Shields depot will be sending one of their 2 new Alexander Dennis Enviro200s (37143/4).

Other Stagecoach Vehicles
In order to show off an example of the upcoming Alexander Dennis Enviro300s due at Stockton depot - Carlisle depot are bring along one of their recently delivered examples (27141/2)

Heritage Vehicles
As the Open Day additionally celebrates the 40th anniversary of the formation of Cleveland Transit in April 1974, the 500 Group will be displaying their active fleet (1958 Dennis Loline 99, 1973 Daimler Fleetline/Northern Counties L544 and 1977 Bristol VRT/Northern Counties H106 making its debut) in the yard as the link to the past showing the 3 eras of the depot from the late 1950s upto the late 1970s
As a link to Stagecoach North East's North Division's past - Volvo B10B/Alexander Strider 1902 will be attending

I will be at the depot from 9am helping to clean out L544 and get H106 ready for its debut - and will be assisting on the 500 Group Trade Stall so I hope to see you all there - if it's a success, it may happen again in the future Wink

Some amendments as of today, with some sad news:

Shuttles
All shuttle runs will be provided by some of Stockton's MAN 18.240/Alexander Dennis Enviro300s to provide a Low Floor operation, sadly this means only one of 16834/6 will be visible to visitors during the event in the display area (vehicles from the home fleet for the display area are now yet agreed upon)
Another likely absentee as of this present moment is the sole surviving Cleveland Transit vehicle left with Stagecoach - Volvo B10B/Plaxton Verde 21037 - however I will update with further details when more is known

But before I go - some teasers for Sunday's grand unveiling

.jpg 10551618_198595693647553_8256748942546586998_o.jpg

.jpg H106 Cab Shot by David Hunter.jpg

.jpg 10447616_204943716346084_7593547855633547727_n.jpg
(25 Sep 2014, 4:16 pm)Kuyoyo wrote Some amendments as of today, with some sad news:

Shuttles
All shuttle runs will be provided by some of Stockton's MAN 18.240/Alexander Dennis Enviro300s to provide a Low Floor operation, sadly this means only one of 16834/6 will be visible to visitors during the event in the display area (vehicles from the home fleet for the display area are now yet agreed upon)
Another likely absentee as of this present moment is the sole surviving Cleveland Transit vehicle left with Stagecoach - Volvo B10B/Plaxton Verde 21037 - however I will update with further details when more is known

But before I go - some teasers for Sunday's grand unveiling

This open day is rapidly going down the pan. H240 not being pulled out, H106 not MOTd so can't do anything, now Env 300s rather than Olympians on the Shuttle and the last Cleveland Transit vehicle 21037 not even present! God knows why, when it lives there! Unless you're going to tell me its gone to get restored into Transit livery!