Menu

Pages (5)    1 2 3 4 5   
Cobalt271   15 Nov 2016, 3:46 pm
(15 Nov 2016, 3:19 pm)Buses98 wrote it has been noted that 22574 SP08 DDA has entered service

At least two are in service now and have been for the past week or two.
MurdnunoC   15 Nov 2016, 4:15 pm
[Image: 15058522_10155513284057195_1840705565_n....e=582E22CE]

[Image: 15058018_10155513284062195_61211787_n.pn...e=582D4A71]

New buses coming to Slatyford soon!

Sadly, Peppermint Smiles doesn't wish to share the information with anyone  Huh
Michael   15 Nov 2016, 4:22 pm
(15 Nov 2016, 4:15 pm)MurdnunoC wrote New buses coming to Slatyford soon!

It was reported by RBZ 5459, on the 9th, that the first of Slatyford's E200MMCs are confirmed due to arrive later this month.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
MurdnunoC   15 Nov 2016, 4:28 pm
(15 Nov 2016, 4:22 pm)Michael wrote It was reported by RBZ 5459, on the 9th, that the first of Slatyford's E200MMCs are confirmed due to arrive later this month.

Ah, but does he have all the details of these vehicles including "ALL the registration numbers, seating capacity and body numbers"?

Is he a genuine enthusiast?
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Andreos1   15 Nov 2016, 4:34 pm
(15 Nov 2016, 4:15 pm)MurdnunoC wrote [Image: 15058522_10155513284057195_1840705565_n....e=582E22CE]

[Image: 15058018_10155513284062195_61211787_n.pn...e=582D4A71]

New buses coming to Slatyford soon!

That's not a bad little username. It's like a mixture of Peppermint Pete and Dicky Smiles...

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Michael   15 Nov 2016, 4:35 pm
(15 Nov 2016, 4:28 pm)MurdnunoC wrote Ah, but does he have all the details of these vehicles including "ALL the registration numbers, seating capacity and body numbers"?

Is he a genuine enthusiast?

No idea but if he does then maybe he's blocked from the company about posting them?

I also think he works for Stagecoach.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
MurdnunoC   15 Nov 2016, 4:36 pm
(15 Nov 2016, 4:34 pm)Andreos1 wrote That's not a bad little username. It's like a mixture of Peppermint Pete and Dicky Smiles...

Sounds a bit DROSS to me!
Andreos1   15 Nov 2016, 4:43 pm
(15 Nov 2016, 4:36 pm)MurdnunoC wrote Sounds a bit DROSS to me!

Said rant in all its 'glory'...

I would be truly fascinated to know whether "Mr Dross", is acquainted with Staff at Stagecoach & is in regular contact with them as I am on a Daily basis to verify information, before it is posted - Answer - Probably Not.

Has "Mr Dross" contributed detailed or useful information about Fleet Developments with Stagecoach North East - Answer - No.

Can I from now on, when learning detailed & interesting developments about the Fleet etc. keep it to myself -Answer I certainly can.

Andre (dross), by name & Dross by Nature. 

I rest my case

It's my fault that Peppermint Smiles isn't sharing information.
Appologies! Big Grin

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Cobalt271   15 Nov 2016, 4:46 pm
(15 Nov 2016, 4:36 pm)MurdnunoC wrote Sounds a bit DROSS to me!

I agree! What's the point in posting about supposedly having information and then bragging about keeping it to themselves?
jack   15 Nov 2016, 4:47 pm
(01 Nov 2016, 9:08 am)Michael yes two f them have entered service so far although one is been stored at sunderland wrote Only service which i could see getting an increase, would they have enough gas buses though, in total,  they only have 5 spares out of the 40 gas buses. 

Unless its the 18/19 getting increased.... Wink

Have those Enviro's from Scotland entered service yet?, if not, maybe they can used on the new Sunderland express service?
Andreos1   15 Nov 2016, 4:48 pm
(15 Nov 2016, 4:46 pm)Cobalt271 wrote I agree! What's the point in posting about supposedly having information and then bragging about keeping it to themselves?

Cos he is a genuine enthusiast Wink

MurdnunoC   15 Nov 2016, 4:51 pm
(15 Nov 2016, 4:43 pm)Andreos1 wrote Said rant in all its 'glory'...

It's my fault that Peppermint Smiles isn't sharing information.
Appologies! Big Grin

But all of this (and perhaps this isn't the correct thread) brings up an interesting debate on the nature of confidentiality.

To me, if something is confidential you should say nothing to no-one alluding to the subject matter to which you've been entrusted. If you start flapping your gums by saying 'I know something about this subject that you dont' know' to stir up discussion amongst a certain audience (or to show how big and knowledgeable you are), is that really confidentially? 

I digress...
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Michael   15 Nov 2016, 4:58 pm
Well sorry but i was just saying i think he might have the info......... if he reveals anything and he does work for Stagecoach, he might lose his job?.

There's a few people on here who hint and stuff but don't give the full picture.....

Next time i'll not bloody bother

------

Jack u quoted my post but i don't know what u said.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Andreos1   15 Nov 2016, 5:06 pm
(15 Nov 2016, 4:51 pm)MurdnunoC wrote But all of this (and perhaps this isn't the correct thread) brings up an interesting debate on the nature of confidentiality.

To me, if something is confidential you should say nothing to no-one alluding to the subject matter to which you've been entrusted. If you start flapping your gums by saying 'I know something about this subject that you dont' know' to stir up discussion amongst a certain audience (or to show how big and knowledgeable you are), is that really confidentially? 

I digress...

Definately. Competitors now know there's a new brand with new vehicles and all the confidentiality is now out of the window.
What could have been a surprise by SNE, featuring a huge fanfare launch may now be nothing more than a whimper.

I was travelling on the train once when a guy from a major supermarket chain was discussing upcoming strategies over the phone. 
If I was working for a rival business, it would have been gold-dust.
In reality, it just amused me.

(15 Nov 2016, 4:58 pm)Michael wrote Well sorry but i was just saying i think he might have the info......... if he reveals anything and he does work for Stagecoach, he might lose his job?.

There's a few people on here who hint and stuff but don't give the full picture.....

------

Jack u quoted my post but i don't know what u said.

He's just in 'daily contact' with them.

Michael   15 Nov 2016, 5:12 pm
(15 Nov 2016, 5:06 pm)Andreos1 wrote Definately. Competitors now know there's a new brand with new vehicles and all the confidentiality is now out of the window.
What could have been a surprise by SNE, featuring a huge fanfare launch may now be nothing more than a whimper.

I was travelling on the train once when a guy from a major supermarket chain was discussing upcoming strategies over the phone. 
If I was working for a rival business, it would have been gold-dust.
In reality, it just amused me.

He's just in 'daily contact' with them.

Like most things on here, stuff is put on here, months, even weeks before its released to the public, sites such as VOSA do that, no doubt every company use that feature, (well until now because they've wreaked it) to look for upcoming changes. Stagecoach revealed their orders in their handbook, so really its their own fault if competitors decide to buy new buses.

Oh right, the way he post on here, it sounded like he worked for them.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
jack   15 Nov 2016, 5:19 pm
(01 Nov 2016, 3:57 pm)Michael whats that doing in newcastle is it been transferred or this a new route that has these are  allocated to wrote Probables just route learning, still think we won't see gas buses allocated.  Tongue 

"Earmarked for the 71 tubs if things haven't changed.", tubs? lol
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Michael   15 Nov 2016, 5:27 pm
Jack, it was in Newcastle because its route learning for the new proposed Sunderland to Newcastle route from January.

More about these proposals for the changes in Sunderland can be found here: https://www.stagecoachbus.com/promos-and...ed-changes

Jack, you also need to write a post below the "Text" box when replying, it's hard to read when it's at the top, write below the green line (outside the box)
Attached Files
.png
Untitled.png (Size 78.19 KB Downloads 30)

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Andreos1   15 Nov 2016, 5:32 pm
(15 Nov 2016, 5:12 pm)Michael wrote Like most things on here, stuff is put on here, months, even weeks before its released to the public, sites such as VOSA do that, no doubt every company use that feature, (well until now because they've wreaked it) to look for upcoming changes. Stagecoach revealed their orders in their handbook, so really its their own fault if competitors decide to buy new buses.

Oh right, the way he post on here, it sounded like he worked for them.

But sites like VOSA don't indicate there are new vehicles or new branding nor the specific routes. Just look at the X5, X6, X7 conversations throughout the GNE section to see the debates about possible allocations, routes and brand names.
ANE will have known something was coming, but until they got official information or someone leaked it, their hands were tied.
Now timetables are out and routes have been confirmed, they can act and possibly counter the competition.

Ditto with SNE and the X24.

Totally agree that the information regarding vehicle orders is in the public domain, but who knows where those vehicles are being used? 

I think every member of the forum has shared information they have heard from friends, family members, drivers or directly from the horses mouth so to speak. Some of it will be true and some of it not. Sometimes the plans change and what we thought was going to happen, didn't.

The point I think MurdnunoC was making was specific to Dicky Peppermint or whatever his name is these days. He has blathered his gums about confidentiality in that post and in the past, yet at the same time shared snippets of information whilst having a dig at someone who he has decided isn't a 'proper enthusiast'. Where is the the confidentiality there?
People often think knowledge is power...

Michael   15 Nov 2016, 5:36 pm
(15 Nov 2016, 5:32 pm)Andreos1 wrote But sites like VOSA don't indicate there are new vehicles or new branding nor the specific routes. Just look at the X5, X6, X7 conversations throughout the GNE section to see the debates about possible allocations, routes and brand names.
ANE will have known something was coming, but until they got official information or someone leaked it, their hands were tied.
Now timetables are out and routes have been confirmed, they can act and possibly counter the competition.

Ditto with SNE and the X24.

Totally agree that the information regarding vehicle orders is in the public domain, but who knows where those vehicles are being used? 

I think every member of the forum has shared information they have heard from friends, family members, drivers or directly from the horses mouth so to speak. Some of it will be true and some of it not. Sometimes the plans change and what we thought was going to happen, didn't.

The point I think MurdnunoC was making was specific to Dicky Peppermint or whatever his name is these days. He has blathered his gums about confidentiality in that post and in the past, yet at the same time shared snippets of information whilst having a dig at someone who he has decided isn't a 'proper enthusiast'. Where is the the confidentiality there?
People often think knowledge is power...

Ah right!!!, my bad!

VOSA still indicates changes so in someway it still gives a hint... like the new X6, Arriva will of known GNE was launching a new service to Hartlepool but the route etc was rumoured for ages.

Wonder if we will see a new service to Newcastle via Chester road from GNE, if the X24 goes ahead...

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
cbma06   15 Nov 2016, 6:39 pm
Does anybody know the length of the gas buses that are in use at the Wheatsheaf depot, and also can anybody know on here the length of the jolly buses that were used on the South Hylton to Town service.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Andreos1   15 Nov 2016, 7:01 pm
(15 Nov 2016, 5:36 pm)Michael wrote Ah right!!!, my bad!

VOSA still indicates changes so in someway it still gives a hint... like the new X6, Arriva will of known GNE was launching a new service to Hartlepool but the route etc was rumoured for ages.

Wonder if we will see a new service to Newcastle via Chester road from GNE, if the X24 goes ahead...

My gut feeling is no. They might promote through ticketing (or their buzzfare options) on those routes or promote fast, frequent connections with the X1 on the 2's and/or 8 like.
Can't see them offering a spoiler at all.

LVK 404L   15 Nov 2016, 7:19 pm
(15 Nov 2016, 7:01 pm)Andreos1 wrote My gut feeling is no. They might promote through ticketing (or their buzzfare options) on those routes or promote fast, frequent connections with the X1 on the 2's and/or 8 like.
Can't see them offering a spoiler at all.

Buzz fare options connecting onto X1. that's red and purple day ticket at £6.30 as opposed to SNE day ticket at £3.95. I know which bus I would be getting on.
Michael   15 Nov 2016, 7:22 pm
(15 Nov 2016, 7:19 pm)ifm001 wrote Buzz fare options connecting onto X1. that's red and purple day ticket at £6.30 as opposed to SNE day ticket at £3.95. I know which bus I would be getting on.

Ye same, Tongue

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Andreos1   15 Nov 2016, 7:37 pm
(15 Nov 2016, 7:19 pm)ifm001 wrote Buzz fare options connecting onto X1. that's red and purple day ticket at £6.30 as opposed to SNE day ticket at £3.95. I know which bus I would be getting on.

Assuming those tickets are the only operator specific day ticket options available when the service launches, I would be the same.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Cock Robin   15 Nov 2016, 7:41 pm
(15 Nov 2016, 5:36 pm)Michael wrote Ah right!!!, my bad!

Isn't anyone who so desires able to view the changes in detail once they are registered?
Michael   15 Nov 2016, 7:43 pm
(15 Nov 2016, 7:41 pm)Cock Robin wrote Isn't anyone who so desires able to view the changes in detail once they are registered?

Ye, i can't remember how to do it off top of my head... but now they've changed it... no idea.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
South Tyne Lad   15 Nov 2016, 7:48 pm
(15 Nov 2016, 6:39 pm)cbma06 wrote Does anybody know the length of the gas buses that are in use at the Wheatsheaf depot, and also can anybody know on here the length of the jolly buses that were used on the South Hylton to Town service.

The Gas Scania's are on the K270UB Chassis, Which is a rigid 12m chassis.

The 8 used/uses Dennis Darts/ E200s,  Which are on the Dennis Dart 2 and Dennis Dart 4 ( E20D Chassis designation after 2012 ) chassis respectively, Which are lightweight 10.7m and 10.8m respectively.

My New Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/140662069@N02/ - Posts every Weekend at the minimum Smile
cbma06   15 Nov 2016, 7:58 pm
(15 Nov 2016, 7:48 pm)South Tyne Lad wrote The Gas Scania's are on the K270UB Chassis, Which is a rigid 12m chassis.

The 8 used/uses Dennis Darts/ E200s,  Which are on the Dennis Dart 2 and Dennis Dart 4 ( E20D Chassis designation after 2012 ) chassis respectively, Which are lightweight 10.7m and 10.8m respectively.

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
South Tyne Lad   15 Nov 2016, 8:00 pm
(15 Nov 2016, 7:58 pm)cbma06 wrote Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No bother Smile

My New Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/140662069@N02/ - Posts every Weekend at the minimum Smile
glen   17 Nov 2016, 3:33 pm
Hi I am reading new buses magazine stagecoach on teesside have new enviro 400 mmcs no are 10734'48 is that right or wrong.
Pages (5)    1 2 3 4 5