You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Go North East's New Ex GAL Enviro 400's

Go North East's New Ex GAL Enviro 400's

RE: Ex London Enviro 400's to GNE
(15 Jun 2022, 6:25 pm)Jack Gill wrote Are the E400's here for scholars and Metro replacements then?
Yes, for the Sep to Dec S.Shields line close from somewhere. They will be getting retrimmed, NSA's installed and that lot to basically meet the standards of the train
they will also be the new spares for Riverside due to the Low Emission Zone starting soon, this will push the current Riverside Omnidekkas out
(15 Jun 2022, 6:36 pm)KingSlayerRBLX wrote Can any mod change this thread to GNE's New Enviro 400's?

Yes, for the Sep to Dec S.Shields line close from somewhere. They will be getting retrimmed, NSA's installed and that lot to basically meet the standards of the train
they will also be the new spares for Riverside due to the Low Emission Zone starting soon, this will push the current Riverside Omnidekkas out
Wonder if a few will be sent to Deptford for the 56, as there seems to have been a couple streetlites and citaros on that service recently
(15 Jun 2022, 6:36 pm)KingSlayerRBLX wrote Yes, for the Sep to Dec S.Shields line close from somewhere. They will be getting retrimmed, NSA's installed and that lot to basically meet the standards of the train
I assumed that the ex London E400 will be for all the extra scholars services that start in early September.
(15 Jun 2022, 6:36 pm)KingSlayerRBLX wrote Yes, for the Sep to Dec S.Shields line close from somewhere. They will be getting retrimmed, NSA's installed and that lot to basically meet the standards of the train
Meet the standards of Metro? Surely that would involve them being untrimmed…or just cancelled  Angel
Wistfully stuck in the 90s
RE: Go North East's New Enviro 400's
Sample of a GAL e400:

These will certainly look and sound a lot more modern than the ex GAL B7s, both inside and out. 
Certainly less hoovery. Big Grin
(15 Jun 2022, 8:40 pm)busmanT wrote I assumed that the ex London E400 will be for all the extra scholars services that start in early September.
well i dont know now, probably not as much with the Gemini B9TL's that are coming to us soon which are currently sitting at B&CW
Do we know if these will help operate the Metro replacement bus service between Tynemouth and St James during the 14-day major line closure, July 16 – 29?

Is it still just the 1 repainted so far & awaiting road-stripes? Any recent pics?

Shouldn’t this thread title be ‘Ex-GAL Enviro400s’ ?
(29 Jun 2022, 8:31 pm)ne14ne1 wrote Do we know if these will help operate the Metro replacement bus service between Tynemouth and St James during the 14-day major line closure, July 16 – 29?

Is it still just the 1 repainted so far & awaiting road-stripes? Any recent pics?

Shouldn’t this thread title be ‘Ex-GAL Enviro400s’ ?

You mean the South Shields blockade later in the year? There's no bus replacement for the July 16th - 29th closure - https://www.nexus.org.uk/news/item/major...july-16-29
(29 Jun 2022, 8:46 pm)Storx wrote You mean the South Shields blockade later in the year? There's no bus replacement for the July 16th - 29th closure - https://www.nexus.org.uk/news/item/major...july-16-29

Ah fair enough. I must’ve read an older article back from March when they just referred to a replacement bus service: 
https://www.nexus.org.uk/news/item/nexus...h-tyneside
(29 Jun 2022, 9:00 pm)ne14ne1 wrote Ah fair enough. I must’ve read an older article back from March when they just referred to a replacement bus service: 
https://www.nexus.org.uk/news/item/nexus...h-tyneside

No worries, it's because they couldn't get any drivers as the first week is in term time. Seems like someone in Nexus cocked the dates up.

https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forum/showt...p?tid=4022 - There's a thread here btw in the Railways forum.
(14 Jul 2022, 5:21 pm)Arcticrossy92 wrote Seen one of these heading South past Washington Services on the A1 yesterday, any idea where it was going?
Could be going to Blackburn
Site Administrator
(14 Jul 2022, 5:21 pm)Arcticrossy92 wrote Seen one of these heading South past Washington Services on the A1 yesterday, any idea where it was going?

Gardiners in Spennymoor to get repainted, not single-door converted.
(14 Jul 2022, 6:55 pm)Dan wrote Gardiners in Spennymoor to get repainted, not single-door converted.

Heart

(14 Jul 2022, 7:03 pm)Retro Nero wrote Are any getting converted or are they staying dual door

Surely unlikely if they’re getting painted up.
(27 Jul 2022, 4:30 pm)ne14ne1 wrote At least 2 painted now:

https://flic.kr/p/2nAvWHv

Think that's 2 & 3 as the 1st one has logos on it afaik. I imagine they'll be alot more getting done in the next few weeks with it being the school holidays and September and the new school contracts only being afew weeks away.
RE: Go North East's New Ex GAL Enviro 400's
(29 Jun 2022, 9:05 pm)Storx wrote No worries, it's because they couldn't get any drivers as the first week is in term time. Seems like someone in Nexus cocked the dates up.

https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forum/showt...p?tid=4022 - There's a thread here btw in the Railways forum.

(03 Aug 2022, 6:46 pm)streetdeckfan wrote Wonder if they'll be doing anything to the interiors, or whether they'll just leave them as is. I'm guessing the latter or everyone will complain about the waste of money!
I think my feelings on this are well documented on stuff like this.
There's making something pleasant and ensuring the environment is inviting and then there's the titivations.
However it goes back to the basic fundamentals of a bus network and if that doesn't exist, then it doesn't matter how nice the on board environment is.

Regardless of any budget there may or not be.
'Illegitimis non carborundum'
(03 Aug 2022, 6:46 pm)streetdeckfan wrote Wonder if they'll be doing anything to the interiors, or whether they'll just leave them as is. I'm guessing the latter or everyone will complain about the waste of money!

Hopefully putting NSAs in and just making sure they’re clean at least.
(03 Aug 2022, 6:53 pm)F114TML wrote Considering they did nothing with the GAL B7s and B9s, I doubt they'll change anything here.

to be fair it’s not like their interiors were drastically different from go north easts interior at the time. Hopefully like andreos said they’ll be focused more on actually having a stable bus network as appose to faffing around with interiors.