Menu

Pages (41)    130 31 3241   
Dan   22 Nov 2013, 2:02 pm
Another unidentified SR has arrived at Saltmeadows - passed me at Heworth and by the time I got there, it was all locked - surprisingly no enthusiasts outside either!
Malarkey   22 Nov 2013, 4:45 pm
SLF Dart 8289 has reportedly been Transferred to Washington from Chester le Street and was on the 88/88A Today, Richard Tiplady showed me a Photo of it when I seen him at Heworth This Afternoon. 8289 will be used mainly on the M2/M3 once all the Versas are Repainted.
CatsFast101   22 Nov 2013, 5:08 pm
(22 Nov 2013, 7:46 am)Dan wrote Maybe next time you'll be able to evaluate all hints given and suggest such a thing sooner if it's not 'rocket science', instead of trying to be funny (as on Post 2979). Wink

I always knew what the crack was. The thing you're failing to understand is my personal disliking to all these unbranded buses about with no logos or anything, Saltwell Park Veraas, 8306-8309 drifter Versas, south Tyne 88 cadets, the two new spare Versas, not to mentioned all the unbranded yellow MPD's. It's messy in my opinion.

(22 Nov 2013, 8:17 am)Dan wrote Ah, but that wouldn't be as fun!
Liam and I are just enthusiasts anyway - who is to say that what we've hinted at is correct? Tongue

The thing I don't get is if you have so much information and 'Exclusive knowledge' why not share it with everyone? Instead of like been frankly silly and dropping hints! Isn't this a community where you want to people everyone to share opinions, facts, insider news (as best to knowledge) rather than come across as childish and immature about it. By having people beg you to release a little bit of information!
Dan   22 Nov 2013, 5:17 pm
(22 Nov 2013, 5:08 pm)CatsFast101 wrote I always knew what the crack was. The thing you're failing to understand is my personal disliking to all these unbranded buses about with no logos or anything, Saltwell Park Veraas, 8306-8309 drifter Versas, south Tyne 88 cadets, the two new spare Versas, not to mentioned all the unbranded yellow MPD's. It's messy in my opinion.

Maybe next time you can drop a few hints rather than us then? Wink
De-branding buses temporarily until all vehicles have been repainted is not new, it's always happened. It's not going to change either, just because you don't like it.

(22 Nov 2013, 5:08 pm)CatsFast101 wrote The thing I don't get is if you have so much information and 'Exclusive knowledge' why not share it with everyone? Instead of like been frankly silly and dropping hints! Isn't this a community where you want to people everyone to share opinions, facts, insider news (as best to knowledge) rather than come across as childish and immature about it. By having people beg you to release a little bit of information!

There's a time for information to be released on the public domain, and the time for the information to be released is not until the days before it actually happens. We have built up a good relationship with all of our Go North East representatives (both on the forum and those who are not members of the forum), so that we can build on the information they give to provide hints as to what the full plans are. As we all know, plans frequently change, so it is not worth us hinting at things or releasing information which can quite easily change.
The idea is that, after one of our Go North East representatives releases a little bit of information, we can build up on the hints until everyone has worked it out. The exclusivity of the information remains on North East Buses, and we can move onto the next case.
In the most recent case, Liam and I spoon fed the answer to everyone. As if a similar example wasn't good enough (Starbursts vs Opal Fruits), Liam told you why Go North East may decide to use 'GNE' as opposed to 'Northern' on their buses, and it's a point we've previously discussed on the forum too.
At no point have I asked anyone to beg me for information, either... Think you're trying to pick a fight here, CatsFast101!
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
...   22 Nov 2013, 5:38 pm
Yet again this forum has turned into childish bickering! If i had the time i would create another forum without all the bickering and pointless posts- as info that is posted on here is often overlooked with the amount of pointless posts and bickering that goes on. Yes i agree plain buses do look abit 'messy' mainly the plain yellow MPDs etc, but i understand that when they change routes etc and are awaiting a repaint. I also dont think 'hints' should be used if youve got no intention of revealing the information- its abit like teasing a dog with a bone. If your not prepared to share the information- dont post hints about it and wind up other members on this forum!
Adrian   22 Nov 2013, 6:01 pm
(22 Nov 2013, 5:38 pm)dans_bus_photos wrote Yet again this forum has turned into childish bickering! If i had the time i would create another forum without all the bickering and pointless posts- as info that is posted on here is often overlooked with the amount of pointless posts and bickering that goes on. Yes i agree plain buses do look abit 'messy' mainly the plain yellow MPDs etc, but i understand that when they change routes etc and are awaiting a repaint. I also dont think 'hints' should be used if youve got no intention of revealing the information- its abit like teasing a dog with a bone. If your not prepared to share the information- dont post hints about it and wind up other members on this forum!

I thought it was a good debate myself. It'd be boring if we all agreed on everything after all.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
CatsFast101   22 Nov 2013, 6:22 pm
Post moved to off-topic
Andreos1   22 Nov 2013, 6:32 pm
Just driven up the A690 and spotted a Yellow MPD in the stop opposite The Ramside Hall that looks like it has given up the ghost.

Got to Rainton Bridge and a Red Arrows decker pulled out of the road from NPower NIS and went on the A690 continuing on towards the A19.
Presumably there was nobody waiting for a 921 and the driver has got an early finish.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Wellsey18   22 Nov 2013, 6:34 pm
So back to the buses are we likely to see a return to go north east vinyls as a pose to northern ones?
Wellsey18   22 Nov 2013, 6:35 pm
That's the best i could come up with from the hints
mattdw92   22 Nov 2013, 7:01 pm
(22 Nov 2013, 6:34 pm)Wellsey18 wrote So back to the buses are we likely to see a return to go north east vinyls as a pose to northern ones?

I'd probably suggest keeping you eyes on 5389/90 being the first ones, if rumour has it. Which one would assume in the very near future.
Wellsey18   22 Nov 2013, 7:05 pm
(22 Nov 2013, 7:01 pm)mattdw92 wrote I'd probably suggest keeping you eyes on 5389/90 being the first ones, if rumour has it. Which one would assume in the very near future.

i think it will be a lot better if they bring back the go north east vinyls because ultimately people still call the company gne, plus im not too keen on the northern, just looks bland and boring
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Dan   22 Nov 2013, 7:07 pm
(22 Nov 2013, 7:01 pm)mattdw92 wrote I'd probably suggest keeping you eyes on 5389/90 being the first ones, if rumour has it. Which one would assume in the very near future.

It's best that 5389/90 start off the process as the centenary year comes to an end - it wouldn't make sense for them to 'catch the Northern bug'.
Andreos1   22 Nov 2013, 7:20 pm
Just jumping in (and jumping straight back out) of this Northern versus GNE vinyls debate - but when the Northern brand was launched, it was GNE in their marketing/pr blurb who explained that Northern was a recognised brand, passengers referred to GNE as 'The Northern' etc.

So if they are doing away with it, and rebranding everything in red as GNE, is this another change of tact/contradiction/back tracking from the powers that be at GNE/Northern towers?

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
mattdw92   22 Nov 2013, 7:23 pm
(22 Nov 2013, 7:07 pm)Dan wrote It's best that 5389/90 start off the process as the centenary year comes to an end - it wouldn't make sense for them to 'catch the Northern bug'.

I can't see how it would be best for them to wait and start applying the vinyls to their exterior when the centenary year comes to an end, as running around plain is, well, plain. If they have the new vinyls to hand, they may as well get on with making the refreshed generic livery now, I say.

(22 Nov 2013, 7:20 pm)andreos1 wrote Just jumping in (and jumping straight back out) of this Northern versus GNE vinyls debate - but when the Northern brand was launched, it was GNE in their marketing/pr blurb who explained that Northern was a recognised brand, passengers referred to GNE as 'The Northern' etc.

So if they are doing away with it, and rebranding everything in red as GNE, is this another change of tact/contradiction/back tracking from the powers that be at GNE/Northern towers?

I think the move is a good marketing scheme, as it will stop customers from seeing a "Northern" vehicle as spare 'tat' filling in on a branded route. Especially with introducing brand new vehicles as 'spare'. Been many times when I've heard customers say 'oh oh, its a Northern vehicle...', to their delight! The historicalness of Northern has been lost over the years, to many younger people its seen as oh no its a SPD! So hopefully perceptions will be changed.
Dan   22 Nov 2013, 7:27 pm
(22 Nov 2013, 7:23 pm)mattdw92 wrote I can't see how it would be best for them to wait and start applying the vinyls to their exterior when the centenary year comes to an end, as running around plain is, well, plain. If they have the new vinyls to hand, they may as well get on with making the refreshed generic livery now, I say.

'Northern' vinyls aren't of an endless supply, we need to remember. While the plan to remove the name may only be around four weeks old, I imagine it had been discussed a lot prior to the decision being finalised.
With that in mind, do you think it'd be wise to waste money by applying 'Northern' vinyls to buses which are to be refreshed very soon? Go North East are a business, remember.

The centenary celebrations are coming to an end, and this should see the arrival of the Go North East name to all buses. Four weeks is more than enough time for the vinyls to be ordered and delivered, so the Versas should be branded up as soon as possible.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
mattdw92   22 Nov 2013, 7:37 pm
(22 Nov 2013, 7:27 pm)Dan wrote 'Northern' vinyls aren't of an endless supply, we need to remember. While the plan to remove the name may only be around four weeks old, I imagine it had been discussed a lot prior to the decision being finalised.
With that in mind, do you think it'd be wise to waste money by applying 'Northern' vinyls to buses which are to be refreshed very soon? Go North East are a business, remember.

The centenary celebrations are coming to an end, and this should see the arrival of the Go North East name to all buses. Four weeks is more than enough time for the vinyls to be ordered and delivered, so the Versas should be branded up as soon as possible.

I never said they should be applying the 'Northern' vinyls, of course that would be a waste of money. But just suggested if they have had the vinyls delivered they may as well get them stuck on - linking with no actual significance to the process beginning at the end of the centenary year (just delivery of the vinyls).
Malarkey   22 Nov 2013, 7:53 pm
(22 Nov 2013, 7:37 pm)mattdw92 wrote I never said they should be applying the 'Northern' vinyls, of course that would be a waste of money. But just suggested if they have had the vinyls delivered they may as well get them stuck on - linking with no actual significance to the process beginning at the end of the centenary year (just delivery of the vinyls).

Would this be the same for 4942 as it hasn't been branded yet since it's repaint earlier this week
gtom   22 Nov 2013, 8:02 pm
(22 Nov 2013, 7:20 pm)andreos1 wrote Just jumping in (and jumping straight back out) of this Northern versus GNE vinyls debate - but when the Northern brand was launched, it was GNE in their marketing/pr blurb who explained that Northern was a recognised brand, passengers referred to GNE as 'The Northern' etc.

It was a reason for unbranded buses. With the centenary this year it was an opportunity to throw the Northern name out there. Personally I think it was all a bit flat in the execution. One Versa, a few buses at Beamish and a badly publicised 5p fare on the Angel.

Plus red looked better than white.
Dan   22 Nov 2013, 8:30 pm
To get away from the Northern discussion and back onto a topic so close to my heart... (Tongue)

5260 is the latest Omnicity to be repainted into a blue base livery, for later use on "Whey Aye Five 0" service 50. This accompanies 5259 which had already been repainted into said livery. 5255 is the latest to go to Saltmeadows Road for this repaint.

4943 is still away for its red repaint, but should return by Monday. 5201 will then be sent from Deptford to receive the same treatment.

Similarly, 8295 is still away for repaint, but should be back by Monday.

Cadet 8254 is also now at Saltmeadows Road for its red repaint, and this will accompany 8247, 8250 and 8251 which have all received the same treatment and are now back at Washington.

Versa 8309 has arrived back at Deptford in its purple base livery, similar to that of 8306's. 8307 has been sent to Saltmeadows Road for the same treatment, while 8308 remains to be the final Versa at Deptford which carries a plain green base livery. When 8308 returns, we should see 8306-09 all carrying lovely "SimpliCity" vinyls! Wink
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
adodds   22 Nov 2013, 10:59 pm
Does anyone think the pronto is becoming very unreliable because most times the buses ether run late, never turn up or break down. On the way to Bishop Auckland today one pronto broke down at County Hall then at Bishop Auckland bus station the 1434 and 1504 X21 departures never turned up. One bus did turn up at half 3 but that went straight back to Crook depot afterwards and finally 6022 turned up for service 5 or 10 minutes later.
Adrian   22 Nov 2013, 11:51 pm
(22 Nov 2013, 10:59 pm)adodds wrote Does anyone think the pronto is becoming very unreliable because most times the buses ether run late, never turn up or break down. On the way to Bishop Auckland today one pronto broke down at County Hall then at Bishop Auckland bus station the 1434 and 1504 X21 departures never turned up. One bus did turn up at half 3 but that went straight back to Crook depot afterwards and finally 6022 turned up for service 5 or 10 minutes later.

Personally have no problems with it. One of the more reliable long distance services.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
DanPicken   23 Nov 2013, 6:47 am
(22 Nov 2013, 8:30 pm)Dan wrote To get away from the Northern discussion and back onto a topic so close to my heart... (Tongue)

5260 is the latest Omnicity to be repainted into a blue base livery, for later use on "Whey Aye Five 0" service 50. This accompanies 5259 which had already been repainted into said livery. 5255 is the latest to go to Saltmeadows Road for this repaint.

4943 is still away for its red repaint, but should return by Monday. 5201 will then be sent from Deptford to receive the same treatment.

Similarly, 8295 is still away for repaint, but should be back by Monday.

Cadet 8254 is also now at Saltmeadows Road for its red repaint, and this will accompany 8247, 8250 and 8251 which have all received the same treatment and are now back at Washington.

Versa 8309 has arrived back at Deptford in its purple base livery, similar to that of 8306's. 8307 has been sent to Saltmeadows Road for the same treatment, while 8308 remains to be the final Versa at Deptford which carries a plain green base livery. When 8308 returns, we should see 8306-09 all carrying lovely "SimpliCity" vinyls! Wink

8255 is de-branded
GuyParkRoyal   23 Nov 2013, 9:17 am
(22 Nov 2013, 10:59 pm)adodds wrote Does anyone think the pronto is becoming very unreliable because most times the buses ether run late, never turn up or break down. On the way to Bishop Auckland today one pronto broke down at County Hall then at Bishop Auckland bus station the 1434 and 1504 X21 departures never turned up. One bus did turn up at half 3 but that went straight back to Crook depot afterwards and finally 6022 turned up for service 5 or 10 minutes later.

I have found the X21 to be one of GNE's better service as far as running on time goes. I do share your concerns regarding breakdowns which are becoming an issue I noticed a blue pronto broken down in the lay over area at Eldon Square last Friday morning.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
gtom   23 Nov 2013, 10:11 am
(23 Nov 2013, 9:17 am)GuyParkRoyal wrote I have found the X21 to be one of GNE's better service as far as running on time goes. I do share your concerns regarding breakdowns which are becoming an issue I noticed a blue pronto broken down in the lay over area at Eldon Square last Friday morning.

Looking at Facebook there seemed to be a few issues with Pronto yesterday but that may have been a wider GNE issue looking through the odd workings thread
Si1989   23 Nov 2013, 10:12 am
There was a Simplicity involved in fatal accident involving a school boy being trapped.
DanPicken   23 Nov 2013, 10:16 am
does the u16 cat get me 2 washington depot
CatsFast101   23 Nov 2013, 10:20 am
(23 Nov 2013, 10:12 am)Si1989 wrote There was a Simplicity involved in fatal accident involving a school boy being trapped.

8326 was the bus, a few people have discussed in the off topic area.

(23 Nov 2013, 10:16 am)danpick wrote does the u16 cat get me 2 washington depot

Washington is in Tyne & Wear so yes it will?
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
idiot   23 Nov 2013, 10:57 am
After travelling on the #60 yesterday I can understand why it is coming in 2 or more them roadworks at Mill Inn were really bad. I got a lift back so it and it was still bad.

Also the new Drifter buses have a ramp request button for you to press!
GuyParkRoyal   23 Nov 2013, 11:39 am
There was some debate on this forum a few months ago as to why GNE did not fit loose wheel nut indicators following the incident when a 20 lost a wheel near Durham. I don't know if it is a recent thing but I have noticed that GNE buses are now starting to appear with the yellow plastic wheel not covers.
4957 has a new set fitted and one of the Green Angels has them on the rear wheels.
Pages (41)    130 31 3241