Menu

Pages (37)    130 31 3237   
S813 FVK   25 Apr 2015, 9:30 pm
(25 Apr 2015, 9:29 pm)mb134 wrote Any Olympian has to be better than the new buses surely? Wink 

I'd have an Olympian any day of the week. However, there are some examples (3814 in particular) where im like 'i would like to get home today thanks'.
Dan   25 Apr 2015, 9:31 pm
Robert - you're banned from moaning about embedded Flickr images after I've just had to scroll through all of that! [emoji14]

A note to others reading the forum and posting the information on other groups soon after - may be worth linking to your source in future... I've certainly been wrong in the past, and it's good practice not to take everything you read on public forums as gospel. Go North East will confirm their fleet movements next week.
Davie   25 Apr 2015, 9:31 pm
(25 Apr 2015, 9:30 pm)Robert wrote I'd have an Olympian any day of the week. However, there are some examples (3814 in particular) where im like 'i would like to get home today thanks'.

I'd prefer 3814 to a Vyking
S813 FVK   25 Apr 2015, 10:04 pm
If i had to say something good about 3814, it is probably has the best engine sound out of all of them although i do quite like the squeals on 3822 and 3823.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Davie   25 Apr 2015, 10:15 pm
(25 Apr 2015, 10:04 pm)Robert wrote If i had to say something good about 3814, it is probably has the best engine sound out of all of them although i do quite like the squeals on 3822 and 3823.

3833 was nice
S813 FVK   25 Apr 2015, 10:31 pm
(25 Apr 2015, 10:15 pm)Davie wrote 3833 was nice

That one always had a unique smell to it. Havent a clue what it was but i liked it. Shame its upstairs front shelf was the wrong colour but thats just be being picky as usual  Smile
L469 YVK   25 Apr 2015, 10:48 pm
Wonder what GNE are doing for NSAs for the Red Kites (45/46) and C&C. Hope it's not Jenny!
Dan   25 Apr 2015, 10:51 pm
(25 Apr 2015, 10:48 pm)DaveyBowyer wrote Wonder what GNE are doing for NSAs for the Red Kites (45/46) and C&C. Hope it's not Jenny!

What did Jenny ever do to you, like, Davey? Wink
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
L469 YVK   26 Apr 2015, 12:02 am
(25 Apr 2015, 10:51 pm)Dan wrote What did Jenny ever do to you, like, Davey? Wink

Her annoucements when I had a ride on 7524 once were mind numbing. Would rather have Steven and Karen do them with a bit of enthusiasm (minus ring bell and remain seated bar the key stops).
Acky81   26 Apr 2015, 1:11 am
Spotted a 38 bus with the destination of tunstall village tonight evening journeys only go as far as tunstall bank estate strange one
BJ10VUS   26 Apr 2015, 8:02 am
(26 Apr 2015, 1:11 am)Acky81 wrote Spotted a 38 bus with the destination of tunstall village tonight evening journeys only go as far as tunstall bank estate strange one

There's an extra 38 journey at 0747 from Houghton-le-Spring Church to Tunstall Village Green on school days, so it's possible that the driver has used the wrong display? I'm not sure what the display for this extra journey says, however.
Michael   26 Apr 2015, 9:50 am
A friend has said the first of the Omnidekkers have arrived at Saltmeadows.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Simmy   26 Apr 2015, 10:12 am
(26 Apr 2015, 9:50 am)Michael wrote A friend has said the first of the Omnidekkers have arrived at Saltmeadows.
The question is, will it go red or branded?  Angel
S813 FVK   26 Apr 2015, 10:13 am
(26 Apr 2015, 9:50 am)Michael wrote A friend has said the first of the Omnidekkers have arrived at Saltmeadows.

Sooner than expected if its true

Edit: reworded post to sound less bitey.
Michael   26 Apr 2015, 10:20 am
(26 Apr 2015, 10:12 am)Simmy wrote The question is, will it go red or branded?  Angel

If GNE were planning to put them out on main service i of said "Pronto" but it seems they could be for Scholars now.

Has any number being confirmed to how many we are receiving? 

As 7 is needed for Pronto (that includes a spare)

Any more news on this years order, everything seems to of gone quiet :p 

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Dan   26 Apr 2015, 10:26 am
(26 Apr 2015, 10:20 am)Michael wrote If GNE were planning to put them out on main service i of said "Pronto" but it seems they could be for Scholars now.

Has any number being confirmed to how many we are receiving? 

As 7 is needed for Pronto (that includes a spare)

Any more news on this years order, everything seems to of gone quiet :p 

No, the number hasn't been confirmed... Though it was speculation galore on Facebook last night!

Was interesting to read that enthusiasts thought DDA-compliant Vykings would be withdrawn before non-DDA compliant Olympians and Tridents?

(26 Apr 2015, 10:13 am)Robert wrote Sooner than expected if its true

Edit: reworded post to sound less bitey.

Is it really sooner than expected?

Plymouth has received seven out of eight of its Dennis Tridents from Brighton. The StreetDecks have entered service, so buses were withdrawn immediately to allow them to transfer to other Go-Ahead op-cos:
http://www.plymothiantransit.com/2015/04...still.html
No point clinging on to old buses if they're no longer required! I guess the same will apply here, when the Scania Omnidekkas enter service and the resultant withdrawals commence...
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Michael   26 Apr 2015, 10:31 am
(26 Apr 2015, 10:26 am)Dan wrote No, the number hasn't been confirmed... Though it was speculation galore on Facebook last night!

Was interesting to read that enthusiasts thought DDA-compliant Vykings would be withdrawn before non-DDA compliant Olympians and Tridents?

I'm not a member of any of the FB groups, to much bitching on them so this is where he must of the got the info from! 

Although i hate the Vykings... i think its obvious that the Olympians and Tridents will go first......................

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
S813 FVK   26 Apr 2015, 10:36 am
(26 Apr 2015, 10:26 am)Dan wrote Is it really sooner than expected?

Plymouth has received seven out of eight of its Dennis Tridents from Brighton. The StreetDecks have entered service, so buses were withdrawn immediately to allow them to transfer to other Go-Ahead op-cos:
No point clinging on to old buses if they're no longer required! I guess the same will apply here, when the Scania Omnidekkas enter service and the resultant withdrawals commence...

I would have thought it would have been another couple of months at least. Suppose the Artics didnt take long to go the other way...
Michael   26 Apr 2015, 10:36 am
(26 Apr 2015, 10:26 am)Dan wrote No, the number hasn't been confirmed... Though it was speculation galore on Facebook last night!

Is it really sooner than expected?

Least half of the NON DDA part of the fleet will be gone before the deadline.... 

GNE should replace all those horrid MPD's in the next financial year! 

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Dan   26 Apr 2015, 10:37 am
(26 Apr 2015, 10:31 am)Michael wrote I'm not a member of any of the FB groups, to much bitching on them so this is where he must of the got the info from! 

Although i hate the Vykings... i think its obvious that the Olympians and Tridents will go first......................

It's a public Facebook Group so you should be able to see regardless:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/19911623...635930882/

That Facebook post is what my post on here yesterday was about. Within 5 minutes, it had been re-written and published on another platform, even though it hadn't been confirmed by Go North East on their Fleet Allocation document!

What I will reiterate - never take what you read on public forums (regardless of the platform; Facebook, Twitter, or otherwise) as gospel!
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Michael   26 Apr 2015, 10:42 am
(26 Apr 2015, 10:37 am)Dan wrote It's a public Facebook Group so you should be able to see regardless:

That Facebook post is what my post on here yesterday was about. Within 5 minutes, it had been re-written and published on another platform, even though it hadn't been confirmed by Go North East on their Fleet Allocation document!

What I will reiterate - never take what you read on public forums (regardless of the platform; Facebook, Twitter, or otherwise) as gospel!

Ah right, that's where the info for the Omnidekkers will of come from then............. -.-

I don't normally but with the Wright StreetDeck's entering service, i though there might of being some truth.... 

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Dan   26 Apr 2015, 10:43 am
(26 Apr 2015, 10:42 am)Michael wrote Ah right, that's where the info for the Omnidekkers will of come from then............. -.-

I don't normally but with the Wright StreetDeck's entering service, i though there might of being some truth.... 

I'm not suggesting that there wasn't any truth behind some of the things speculated on that Facebook post... We'll see which one(s) are true in 24 hours, when Go North East uploads its revised Fleet Allocation document for the week. Wink 
S813 FVK   26 Apr 2015, 10:47 am
(26 Apr 2015, 10:43 am)Dan wrote I'm not suggesting that there wasn't any truth behind some of the things speculated on that Facebook post... We'll see which one(s) are true in 24 hours, when Go North East uploads its revised Fleet Allocation document for the week. Wink 

You're making things so tense Tongue 
Michael   26 Apr 2015, 10:47 am
(26 Apr 2015, 10:43 am)Dan wrote I'm not suggesting that there wasn't any truth behind some of the things speculated on that Facebook post... We'll see which one(s) are true in 24 hours, when Go North East uploads its revised Fleet Allocation document for the week. Wink 

Hopefully... i still think they'll end up on the X21 if 7 turn up (that's including the spare)...............if we get anymore they'll end up as spares...

7 B7's to spare role replacing the Olypican's with rest of them being replaced by anymore, if they turn up...

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
G-CPTN   26 Apr 2015, 11:16 am
(26 Apr 2015, 10:36 am)Michael wrote GNE should replace all those horrid MPD's in the next financial year! 

They may seem horrid to some, but, at their age they must be cheap - and they provide 'bread and butter' service for the Hexham garage.

What would replace them?
Michael   26 Apr 2015, 11:20 am
(26 Apr 2015, 11:16 am)G-CPTN wrote They may seem horrid to some, but, at their age they must be cheap - and they provide 'bread and butter' service for the Hexham garage.

What would replace them?

Solo SR's Tongue 

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Adrian   26 Apr 2015, 11:34 am
(26 Apr 2015, 10:37 am)Dan wrote It's a public Facebook Group so you should be able to see regardless:

I don't really bother with Facebook (or it's groups), so I'm not a member of that group. I take it those posting info from NEB aren't members or posters on here then? There may well be reasons for it, but it seems like a bit of a strange logic to lift a topic of discussion from 'A', take it to 'B' as your own info, and discuss it there? I guess if I was a member of both, I'd discuss it on the forum it was posted on rather than duplicate effort.

But yeah you're right. Public forums should be taken for exactly what they are. I note nobody questioned the content of the repost on Facebook, so you must be a much more respected source than some people give you credit for. Wink

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Simmy   26 Apr 2015, 11:38 am
(26 Apr 2015, 11:16 am)G-CPTN wrote They may seem horrid to some, but, at their age they must be cheap - and they provide 'bread and butter' service for the Hexham garage.

What would replace them?

Out of curiosity, why would more double decks be required at Hexham?
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Tom   26 Apr 2015, 11:38 am
(26 Apr 2015, 10:36 am)Michael wrote Least half of the NON DDA part of the fleet will be gone before the deadline.... 

GNE should replace all those horrid MPD's in the next financial year! 

There is nothing wrong with a lot of the MPDs though - a lot of them are in a very good condition.
Michael   26 Apr 2015, 11:39 am
(26 Apr 2015, 11:38 am)Simmy wrote Out of curiosity, why would more double decks be required at Hexham?

I think hes on about the MPD's.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Pages (37)    130 31 3237