Menu

Pages (146)    131 32 33146   
MrFozz   18 Jul 2014, 9:21 am
So the word is 2 of the bits on MH17 were Newcastle Fans...

wow...Football becomes meaningless when shit like this happens [LOUDLY CRYING FACE]
Andreos1   18 Jul 2014, 2:02 pm
(18 Jul 2014, 9:21 am)marxistafozzski wrote So the word is 2 of the bits on MH17 were Newcastle Fans...

wow...Football becomes meaningless when shit like this happens [LOUDLY CRYING FACE]

So it seems.
Apparently off to New Zealand for the friendlies out there.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
MrFozz   18 Jul 2014, 2:18 pm
(18 Jul 2014, 2:02 pm)Andreos Constantopolous wrote So it seems.
Apparently off to New Zealand for the friendlies out there.

Yeah, very sad...according to nufc.com they were well known for travelling all over the place watching The Toon Sad
Andreos1   18 Jul 2014, 3:54 pm
(18 Jul 2014, 2:18 pm)marxistafozzski wrote Yeah, very sad...according to nufc.com they were well known for travelling all over the place watching The Toon Sad

Just seen the younger guys Dad do an interview on the BBC.
No idea how he remained so calm and composed.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
MrFozz   18 Jul 2014, 3:57 pm
Newcastle pay tribute to Mr Alder and Mr Sweeney in the aftermath of the Malaysia Airlines tragedy yesterday

A club statement regarding the tragic deaths of supporters John Alder and Liam Sweeney

It is with great sadness that we learn today the tragic news of the deaths of John Alder and Liam Sweeney, two of the Club's most loyal supporters, who lost their lives on Malaysian Airlines flight MH17 which crashed on Thursday afternoon in Eastern Ukraine.

John and Liam were travelling out to New Zealand together to support Newcastle United in the forthcoming Football United Tour, which takes place next week in Dunedin and Wellington.

Both men were familiar faces at every Newcastle United away game and attended not only first team games but Reserve and Academy matches too.

John was a lifelong supporter and a familiar sight in the stands for almost half-a-century, having barely missed a single game in that time.

Liam will be known to many fans during his time volunteering as a steward on supporters' buses to away games.

Newcastle United Managing Director Lee Charnley said: "The loss of John and Liam is truly devastating news.

"Both men were dedicated supporters of our Club and were known to thousands of fans and staff alike.

"On behalf of everyone at Newcastle United we send our deepest condolences to John and Liam's families and friends.

"The Club will be dedicating an area surrounding the Sir Bobby Robson statue for fans to pay their respects to John and Liam.

"The manager and players will also be wearing black armbands for both their games against Sydney FC and Wellington Phoenix in the Football United Tour of New Zealand.

"Arrangements will be made to pay tribute to the two men at the Club's first Premier League game against Manchester City on Sunday, 17th August. Further information regarding this will be announced in due course."

Manager Alan Pardew said: "Myself and all the players are deeply shocked and saddened by this terrible news.

"We all knew how passionately John and Liam supported the team and the Club.

"They were with us just earlier this week for our first pre-season friendly against Oldham and their dedication to travel all the way around the world to support us in New Zealand tells you all you need to know about the passion they had for Newcastle United.

"Our hearts go out to their families and friends.

SOURCE
Club Statement: John Alder And Liam Sweeney
MrFozz   18 Jul 2014, 4:02 pm
Something else I just heard about MH17, an Australian family who were killed actually had relatives on MH370...which kind of reminds of 9/11, one of the Trade Centre survivors went on to die a few months later in a plane crash
MrFozz   19 Jul 2014, 8:23 am
Everything I love about football

http://readytogo.net/smb/threads/floral-...ds.943399/
Michael   19 Jul 2014, 9:27 am
(19 Jul 2014, 8:23 am)marxistafozzski wrote Everything I love about football

Its nice to see Sunderland and Newcastle fans coming together for a tragedy, something happens to the fans, both set of fans are brought together.

Also:

Anyone being on flight tracker, only a certain amount of planes are flying through Ukraine, its odd to see so many planes, going the long way around to get to their destination.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Adrian   19 Jul 2014, 9:46 am
(19 Jul 2014, 8:23 am)marxistafozzski wrote Everything I love about football

In such sad times for Newcastle United, that's one of the greatest displays of unity I've seen. Nearly 4.5k raised in less than 12 hours.

I'll be donating when I get home, and i'd encourage everyone on here to also do the same if they can.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Michael   19 Jul 2014, 9:49 am
(19 Jul 2014, 9:46 am)aureolin wrote In such sad times for Newcastle United, that's one of the greatest displays of unity I've seen. Nearly 4.5k raised in less than 12 hours.

I'll be donating when I get home, and i'd encourage everyone on here to also do the same if they can.

it's brilliant, i hope it makes the news so more can donate!

Edit: Raised: £5,090.00, just over 5k now, well done to everyone who has donated

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
MrFozz   19 Jul 2014, 11:16 am
(19 Jul 2014, 9:49 am)Michael wrote it's brilliant, i hope it makes the news so more can donate!

Edit: Raised: £5,090.00, just over 5k now, well done to everyone who has donated

Football does one thing very well, we unite in times of sorrow, we grieve as one and most of us have the sense to throw rivalry away...

I remember going to SJP 5 years ago to mourn Bobby Robson, after Newcastle memorabilia, there was more Red and White than anything else...surreal moment for me stepping into SJP in a Sunderland Shirt and some big bloke looking me up and down suspiciously and saying "Forget it son, no rivalry here today, we're here for Sir Bobby"
Adrian   19 Jul 2014, 12:05 pm
(19 Jul 2014, 9:49 am)Michael wrote it's brilliant, i hope it makes the news so more can donate!

And an hour later...

.png
safc.PNG (Size 20.69 KB Downloads 10)

This really is the power of social media and the Internet at it's finest.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Michael   19 Jul 2014, 12:12 pm
(19 Jul 2014, 12:05 pm)aureolin wrote And an hour later...

Its gone up so fast in the last few hours.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Adrian   19 Jul 2014, 12:14 pm
(19 Jul 2014, 12:12 pm)Michael wrote Its gone up so fast in the last few hours.

Yep. Metro Radio are advertising it now. Would be cracking if GNE, Arriva and/or Stagecoach put a post on their Facebook pages too.

Michael   19 Jul 2014, 12:20 pm
(19 Jul 2014, 12:14 pm)aureolin wrote Yep. Metro Radio are advertising it now. Would be cracking if GNE, Arriva and/or Stagecoach put a post on their Facebook pages too.

Hopefully, i hope the news goes on about it.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
MrFozz   19 Jul 2014, 12:48 pm
If there is one thing that can be said, we can come together in times of sorrow and grief...

as it is receiving publicity that figure will no doubt rise in the coming hours...

I have seen it on an ITV page
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Andreos1   19 Jul 2014, 2:29 pm
(19 Jul 2014, 12:05 pm)aureolin wrote And an hour later...

Absolutely fantastic.

Hopefully a similar idea can be set up or some of the money to one side for the poor disabled lad in the care of Percy Headley Foundation.
It is looking like he is going to be put into local authority care, after it was revealed his parents and two siblings were both killed on the flight.

MrFozz   19 Jul 2014, 3:46 pm
(19 Jul 2014, 2:29 pm)Andreos Constantopolous wrote Absolutely fantastic.

Hopefully a similar idea can be set up or some of the money to one side for the poor disabled lad in the care of Percy Headley Foundation.
It is looking like he is going to be put into local authority care, after it was revealed his parents and two siblings were both killed on the flight.

Absolutely tragic...

Some fucker should be in deep shit over this...

Vladimir Putin has some uneasy questions to answer I reckon
Andreos1   19 Jul 2014, 4:08 pm
(19 Jul 2014, 3:46 pm)marxistafozzski wrote Absolutely tragic...

Some fucker should be in deep shit over this...

Vladimir Putin has some uneasy questions to answer I reckon

The whole thing is terrible - seeing the younger guys family on the news last night was bad enough, but to hear that story on the radio earlier, was gutting.
It seems he was being cared for as some sort of respite, whilst the rest of the family were heading off for a break.

Then you have the looting of belongings allegedly.

Putin was on the TV and if his face/eyes could tell a thousand words...

MrFozz   19 Jul 2014, 7:30 pm
(19 Jul 2014, 4:08 pm)Andreos Constantopolous wrote The whole thing is terrible - seeing the younger guys family on the news last night was bad enough, but to hear that story on the radio earlier, was gutting.
It seems he was being cared for as some sort of respite, whilst the rest of the family were heading off for a break.

Then you have the looting of belongings allegedly.

Putin was on the TV and if his face/eyes could tell a thousand words...

Was also reading about a family who lost relatives on MH370 and now on MH17, how unlucky, must feel like lightning striking twice for that family...

I feel utterly sorry for Liam Sweeneys family, whose mam is terminally ill...

As for looting going on, makes sick to the pit of my guts, not satisfied enough with killing nearly 300 that they have to go and loot the wreckage...

As for Putin, this can be a big moment for him, he should cut off all with and condemn the Ukrainian rebels and cut off any support to them.

Anyone who is caught for this needs to be heavily punished by the ICC in the Hague...Personally I would take them out the back and shoot the bastards
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
MrFozz   19 Jul 2014, 7:31 pm
By the way...

The SAFC fundraising has gone over 12k now

[Image: emyjupa7.jpg]
Michael   20 Jul 2014, 7:59 am
(19 Jul 2014, 7:31 pm)marxistafozzski wrote By the way...

The SAFC fundraising has gone over 12k now

[Image: emyjupa7.jpg]

Since u post that at 20:31 yesterday... the funding is now at £15,490

It's also reached sky news! =D - http://news.sky.com/story/1304162/mh17-m...astle-fans

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Andreos1   20 Jul 2014, 8:39 am
(19 Jul 2014, 7:30 pm)marxistafozzski wrote Was also reading about a family who lost relatives on MH370 and now on MH17, how unlucky, must feel like lightning striking twice for that family...

I feel utterly sorry for Liam Sweeneys family, whose mam is terminally ill...

As for looting going on, makes sick to the pit of my guts, not satisfied enough with killing nearly 300 that they have to go and loot the wreckage...

As for Putin, this can be a big moment for him, he should cut off all with and condemn the Ukrainian rebels and cut off any support to them.

Anyone who is caught for this needs to be heavily punished by the ICC in the Hague...Personally I would take them out the back and shoot the bastards

I am not sure he can.
Not only based on his (foolish?) principles, if he was to stop backing the rebels, the political landscape over in Ukraine would change. I am sure a lot of leaks by the rebels (if they aren't members of the Russian forces) could bring personal embarrassment.

On the other side of the coin, he is facing international pressure and as a result, is being backed into a corner.

Does he stick or twist?
Not sure he can win either way.

(20 Jul 2014, 7:59 am)Michael wrote Since u post that at 20:31 yesterday... the funding is now at £15,490

It's also reached sky news! =D - http://news.sky.com/story/1304162/mh17-m...astle-fans

Amazing!
Genuinely taken aback.

Michael   20 Jul 2014, 11:25 am
£17,133 has now being raised, seen a few pictures of Sunderland tops at St James Park to, amazing how the fans have come together for something like this, even on the banter Facebook pages, both set's of fans are praising each other etc.

North East at it's best!

Edit: According to someone on Twitter the charities have being chosen,

Bobby Robson Foundation & Marie Curie Hospice in Newcastle.

£200 will go to a floral tribute.

@Capt_Fishpaste
Charities the organisers of the ‪#‎safc‬ fund for lost ‪#‎nufc‬ fans have chosen are Bobby Robson Foundation & Marie Curie Hospice in Newcastle.
@Capt_Fishpaste
Over £17,000 raised so far. £200 will go on a floral tribute with the rest split between the two charities. #safc #nufc

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
MrFozz   20 Jul 2014, 12:59 pm
(20 Jul 2014, 11:25 am)Michael wrote £17,133 has now being raised, seen a few pictures of Sunderland tops at St James Park to, amazing how the fans have come together for something like this, even on the banter Facebook pages, both set's of fans are praising each other etc.

North East at it's best!

Edit: According to someone on Twitter the charities have being chosen,

Bobby Robson Foundation & Marie Curie Hospice in Newcastle.

£200 will go to a floral tribute.

@Capt_Fishpaste
Charities the organisers of the ‪#‎safc‬ fund for lost ‪#‎nufc‬ fans have chosen are Bobby Robson Foundation & Marie Curie Hospice in Newcastle.
@Capt_Fishpaste
Over £17,000 raised so far. £200 will go on a floral tribute with the rest split between the two charities. #safc #nufc

The one thing football does very well is unite in times of sorrow, tragedy and sadness, we saw a similar outpouring of grief when Sir Bobby Robson died, even when Bob Stokoe died and Gary Speed.

If we can't unite at times like this, what hope is there, I have always said in Newcastle and Sunderland, we have the best rivalry in the country, look at Liverpool and Man Utd, they sing about Munich and Hillsborough, other teams boo during a silence or sing naughty songs, when Sir Bobby died, every Sunderland fan at a PSF at Celtic sang 'There's only one Bobby Robson' for 5 minutes...

At times like this it makes me proud to be from the North East
Andreos1   20 Jul 2014, 9:28 pm
It has been confirmed by Percy Hedley that the family who were feared lost on the flight - weren't actually on the plane.

Contact has been made - but no reasons were given for the story yesterday.

MrFozz   20 Jul 2014, 9:45 pm
(20 Jul 2014, 9:28 pm)Andreos Constantopolous wrote It has been confirmed by Percy Hedley that the family who were feared lost on the flight - weren't actually on the plane.

Contact has been made - but no reasons were given for the story yesterday.

If that is now the case, I wonder where the story came from, as we all know, in cases like this what is a rumour then becomes something it's not, gets blown up(absolutely no pun intended whatsoever) and with the way news can spread(blanket news coverage, social media etc) the news/stories can go viral in a heartbeat
MrFozz   21 Jul 2014, 8:36 am
How sick can some people be

MH17 Crash Site Reportedly Looted By Rebels

I can't find the words to describe this, breaks my heart to think the dead are not been treat with the dignity they deserve
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Michael   21 Jul 2014, 8:40 am
(21 Jul 2014, 8:36 am)marxistafozzski wrote How sick can some people be

MH17 Crash Site Reportedly Looted By Rebels

I can't find the words to describe this, breaks my heart to think the dead are not been treat with the dignity they deserve

Sick

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Andreos1   21 Jul 2014, 2:02 pm
(20 Jul 2014, 9:45 pm)marxistafozzski wrote If that is now the case, I wonder where the story came from, as we all know, in cases like this what is a rumour then becomes something it's not, gets blown up(absolutely no pun intended whatsoever) and with the way news can spread(blanket news coverage, social media etc) the news/stories can go viral in a heartbeat

No idea.

It was the BBC who were reporting it and were quoting sources from the facility.

Where Percy Hedley got the info from, is another thing.
It seems strange Percy Hedley would go to all that trouble, without having proof or confirmation themselves.

Pages (146)    131 32 33146