Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Go North East Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2013

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2013

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2013

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (22): Previous 13 4 522 Next
Dan
Site Administrator
06 Apr 2013, 11:47 am
Yes it does stop at Vine Place (Stop No. 24S28, Stop Code: twrgtadp). I often get on there (when I very rarely get the 56) to avoid the short walk to Park Lane, though I often seem to be the only one who does when I'm there..!

The timetable can be viewed here.
Dan
06 Apr 2013, 11:47 am #61

Yes it does stop at Vine Place (Stop No. 24S28, Stop Code: twrgtadp). I often get on there (when I very rarely get the 56) to avoid the short walk to Park Lane, though I often seem to be the only one who does when I'm there..!

06 Apr 2013, 11:49 am
(06 Apr 2013, 11:47 am)Daniel Yes it does stop at Vine Place (Stop No. 24S28, Stop Code: twrgtadp). I often get on there (when I very rarely get the 56) to avoid the short walk to Park Lane, though I often seem to be the only one who does when I'm there..!

How do u get the timetables up like that?

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
06 Apr 2013, 11:49 am #62

(06 Apr 2013, 11:47 am)Daniel Yes it does stop at Vine Place (Stop No. 24S28, Stop Code: twrgtadp). I often get on there (when I very rarely get the 56) to avoid the short walk to Park Lane, though I often seem to be the only one who does when I'm there..!

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Dan
Site Administrator
06 Apr 2013, 11:57 am
(06 Apr 2013, 11:49 am)Michael

On Nexus' website. Type in the post code, street name, or search on the map. See here.
Dan
06 Apr 2013, 11:57 am #63

(06 Apr 2013, 11:49 am)Michael

On Nexus' website. Type in the post code, street name, or search on the map. See here.

06 Apr 2013, 11:58 am
Thanks =D

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
06 Apr 2013, 11:58 am #64

Thanks =D

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

06 Apr 2013, 12:02 pm
Not sure if any of you use it on your phones, but nextbuses.mobi/ is a great website for bus stops, schedules etc
Andreos1
06 Apr 2013, 12:02 pm #65

Not sure if any of you use it on your phones, but nextbuses.mobi/ is a great website for bus stops, schedules etc

Dan
Site Administrator
06 Apr 2013, 12:06 pm
(06 Apr 2013, 12:02 pm)Andreos1 Not sure if any of you use it on your phones, but nextbuses.mobi/ is a great website for bus stops, schedules etc

I use Nexus' "myJourney" on my phone. It also detects my location and tells me all of the stops near my area, and their timetables too.
Guess it's limited to Tyne & Wear and possibly a few on the outskirts too, but nevertheless, still incredibly useful.
Dan
06 Apr 2013, 12:06 pm #66

(06 Apr 2013, 12:02 pm)Andreos1 Not sure if any of you use it on your phones, but nextbuses.mobi/ is a great website for bus stops, schedules etc

I use Nexus' "myJourney" on my phone. It also detects my location and tells me all of the stops near my area, and their timetables too.
Guess it's limited to Tyne & Wear and possibly a few on the outskirts too, but nevertheless, still incredibly useful.

06 Apr 2013, 2:15 pm
I've come up with ideas for the X9 and the X10.

X9 (MONDAY - SATURDAY DAYTIME EVERY 60 MINUTES / EVENINGS AND SUNDAYS EVERY 2 HOURS) SERVING: NEWCASTLE - GATESHEAD - HEWORTH - TESTO'S ROUNDABOUT - PETERLEE BUS STATION - PETERLEE SLIP ROAD - NORTON RED LION - STOCKTON BUS STATION -MIDDLESBROUGH BUS STATION

X10 (MONDAY - SATURDAY DAYTIME EVERY 2 HOURS) SERVING: NEWCASTLE - GATESHEAD - HEWORTH - TESTO'S ROUNDABOUT - PETERLEE SLIP ROAD - MIDDLESBROUGH BUS STATION - NORTHALLERTON POST OFFICE -THIRSK KIRKGATE - EASINGWOLD THREE HORSE SHOE - SKELTON BLACKSMITHS ARMS - CLIFTON PARK - YORK RAILWAY STATION

X10 (EVENINGS AND SUNDAYS EVERY 2 HOURS) SERVING: NEWCASTLE - GATESHEAD - HEWORTH - TESTO'S ROUNDABOUT - PETERLEE BUS STATION - PETERLEE SLIP ROAD - NORTON RED LION - STOCKTON BUS STATION -MIDDLESBROUGH BUS STATION - NORTHALLERTON POST OFFICE -THIRSK KIRKGATE - EASINGWOLD THREE HORSE SHOE - SKELTON BLACKSMITHS ARMS - CLIFTON PARK - YORK RAILWAY STATION

X11 (MONDAY - SATURDAY EVERY 2 HOURS) SERVING: NEWCASTLE - GATESHEAD - HEWORTH - TESTO'S ROUNDABOUT - PETERLEE SLIP ROAD - MIDDLESBROUGH BUS STATION - NORTHALLERTON POST OFFICE -THIRSK KIRKGATE - EASINGWOLD THREE HORSE SHOE - SKELTON BLACKSMITHS ARMS - CLIFTON PARK - YORK RAILWAY STATION - LEEDS CITY BUS STATION
dave2906
06 Apr 2013, 2:15 pm #67

I've come up with ideas for the X9 and the X10.

X9 (MONDAY - SATURDAY DAYTIME EVERY 60 MINUTES / EVENINGS AND SUNDAYS EVERY 2 HOURS) SERVING: NEWCASTLE - GATESHEAD - HEWORTH - TESTO'S ROUNDABOUT - PETERLEE BUS STATION - PETERLEE SLIP ROAD - NORTON RED LION - STOCKTON BUS STATION -MIDDLESBROUGH BUS STATION

X10 (MONDAY - SATURDAY DAYTIME EVERY 2 HOURS) SERVING: NEWCASTLE - GATESHEAD - HEWORTH - TESTO'S ROUNDABOUT - PETERLEE SLIP ROAD - MIDDLESBROUGH BUS STATION - NORTHALLERTON POST OFFICE -THIRSK KIRKGATE - EASINGWOLD THREE HORSE SHOE - SKELTON BLACKSMITHS ARMS - CLIFTON PARK - YORK RAILWAY STATION

X10 (EVENINGS AND SUNDAYS EVERY 2 HOURS) SERVING: NEWCASTLE - GATESHEAD - HEWORTH - TESTO'S ROUNDABOUT - PETERLEE BUS STATION - PETERLEE SLIP ROAD - NORTON RED LION - STOCKTON BUS STATION -MIDDLESBROUGH BUS STATION - NORTHALLERTON POST OFFICE -THIRSK KIRKGATE - EASINGWOLD THREE HORSE SHOE - SKELTON BLACKSMITHS ARMS - CLIFTON PARK - YORK RAILWAY STATION

X11 (MONDAY - SATURDAY EVERY 2 HOURS) SERVING: NEWCASTLE - GATESHEAD - HEWORTH - TESTO'S ROUNDABOUT - PETERLEE SLIP ROAD - MIDDLESBROUGH BUS STATION - NORTHALLERTON POST OFFICE -THIRSK KIRKGATE - EASINGWOLD THREE HORSE SHOE - SKELTON BLACKSMITHS ARMS - CLIFTON PARK - YORK RAILWAY STATION - LEEDS CITY BUS STATION

Dan
Site Administrator
06 Apr 2013, 2:37 pm
Oof, those Geminis struggle with journeys up and down the A19 between Newcastle and Middlesbrough all day nevermind Newcastle to York and Leeds!
Stretching out of the "North East" network there a bit too :L

Would be nice if it could happen but don't think so!
Dan
06 Apr 2013, 2:37 pm #68

Oof, those Geminis struggle with journeys up and down the A19 between Newcastle and Middlesbrough all day nevermind Newcastle to York and Leeds!

06 Apr 2013, 2:39 pm
(06 Apr 2013, 2:37 pm)Daniel Oof, those Geminis struggle with journeys up and down the A19 between Newcastle and Middlesbrough all day nevermind Newcastle to York and Leeds!

If Arriva can send E400's all the way up to Berwick on the X18, then I don't see how the Gemini's would struggle making York and Leeds.
dave2906
06 Apr 2013, 2:39 pm #69

(06 Apr 2013, 2:37 pm)Daniel Oof, those Geminis struggle with journeys up and down the A19 between Newcastle and Middlesbrough all day nevermind Newcastle to York and Leeds!

If Arriva can send E400's all the way up to Berwick on the X18, then I don't see how the Gemini's would struggle making York and Leeds.

06 Apr 2013, 3:12 pm
(06 Apr 2013, 2:39 pm)dave2906

If theres a delay in service either at Newcastle,York or Leeds then there going to be a knock on effect during the whole service. Isnt there a National Express does these long services. GNE wont put newer buses on the X7 until there see a success to the service, maybe if the service runs then it might make money, those buses shouldnt of been allowed on the X7 and l can see the service getting withdrawn before the year is out unless there put better buses on.

cbma06
06 Apr 2013, 3:12 pm #70

If theres a delay in service either at Newcastle,York or Leeds then there going to be a knock on effect during the whole service. Isnt there a National Express does these long services. GNE wont put newer buses on the X7 until there see a success to the service, maybe if the service runs then it might make money, those buses shouldnt of been allowed on the X7 and l can see the service getting withdrawn before the year is out unless there put better buses on.

Dan
Site Administrator
06 Apr 2013, 3:14 pm

The fact that GNE's TTX Geminis are suffering already on the X9/X10 services... How many times have you witnessed one be off-road whilst being repaired or something similar?

Newcastle to Berwick is about 40 miles less than Newcastle to Leeds... 80 miles in each direction is massive, and in fact, is the same equivalent as a round trip of the X9/X10.
Dan
06 Apr 2013, 3:14 pm #71

The fact that GNE's TTX Geminis are suffering already on the X9/X10 services... How many times have you witnessed one be off-road whilst being repaired or something similar?

Newcastle to Berwick is about 40 miles less than Newcastle to Leeds... 80 miles in each direction is massive, and in fact, is the same equivalent as a round trip of the X9/X10.

Dan
Site Administrator
06 Apr 2013, 3:18 pm
(06 Apr 2013, 3:12 pm)cbma06

I made this point on yet another post on GNE's Facebook wall last night.
'The vehicles on this service are ludicrous, it's a joke. How can a service be successful if the vehicles don't turn up due to breakdowns?'
Dan
06 Apr 2013, 3:18 pm #72

(06 Apr 2013, 3:12 pm)cbma06

I made this point on yet another post on GNE's Facebook wall last night.
'The vehicles on this service are ludicrous, it's a joke. How can a service be successful if the vehicles don't turn up due to breakdowns?'

06 Apr 2013, 3:36 pm
(06 Apr 2013, 3:14 pm)Daniel The fact that GNE's TTX Geminis are suffering already on the X9/X10 services... How many times have you witnessed one be off-road whilst being repaired or something similar?

What proof do you have they are suffering already? There has been an issue with the screen wash not working which Volvo have put right on certain vehicles, hence why they did not go on the A19 for obvious reasons but other than that, they are operating fine and we did not loose any mileage on the X10 route all of last month.

The vehicles are normally off at least 1 day per month for a service, hence why 3963 was painted up to act as a spare.
citaro5284
06 Apr 2013, 3:36 pm #73

(06 Apr 2013, 3:14 pm)Daniel The fact that GNE's TTX Geminis are suffering already on the X9/X10 services... How many times have you witnessed one be off-road whilst being repaired or something similar?

What proof do you have they are suffering already? There has been an issue with the screen wash not working which Volvo have put right on certain vehicles, hence why they did not go on the A19 for obvious reasons but other than that, they are operating fine and we did not loose any mileage on the X10 route all of last month.

The vehicles are normally off at least 1 day per month for a service, hence why 3963 was painted up to act as a spare.

Dan
Site Administrator
06 Apr 2013, 4:12 pm
(06 Apr 2013, 3:36 pm)citaro5284

If that's the case, they must just be receiving an extensive wash every time I pass Sunderland Road depot...which is quite frequently. In future, I'll take a photo every time I see one in there and I'll put it on here for discussion.

Nevertheless, buses aren't designed to do that kind of mileage anyway... Do you realistically think they'll realistically have a long life if they're being exhausted like that on a daily basis? Hmm.
Dan
06 Apr 2013, 4:12 pm #74

If that's the case, they must just be receiving an extensive wash every time I pass Sunderland Road depot...which is quite frequently. In future, I'll take a photo every time I see one in there and I'll put it on here for discussion.

Nevertheless, buses aren't designed to do that kind of mileage anyway... Do you realistically think they'll realistically have a long life if they're being exhausted like that on a daily basis? Hmm.

06 Apr 2013, 4:21 pm
(06 Apr 2013, 4:12 pm)Daniel

I did not say extensive wash. I will refrain from posting on here in future as it seems if you disagree with comments made from certain member(s), a reply comes back which is sometimes sarcastic and uncalled for. All I asked was what proof you had. Some members of this site need to grow up!
citaro5284
06 Apr 2013, 4:21 pm #75

I did not say extensive wash. I will refrain from posting on here in future as it seems if you disagree with comments made from certain member(s), a reply comes back which is sometimes sarcastic and uncalled for. All I asked was what proof you had. Some members of this site need to grow up!

Dan
Site Administrator
06 Apr 2013, 4:31 pm
(06 Apr 2013, 4:21 pm)citaro5284

I did not say extensive wash

I know you didn't. I did. Re-read what I said.

In addition to what I said before, consider how many times the B9s are off-road. I know the original Gemini is the designated branded spare and has to be used every now and again, but it shouldn't be out every few days covering for the actual vehicle which should be used.
Dan
06 Apr 2013, 4:31 pm #76

(06 Apr 2013, 4:21 pm)citaro5284

I did not say extensive wash

I know you didn't. I did. Re-read what I said.

In addition to what I said before, consider how many times the B9s are off-road. I know the original Gemini is the designated branded spare and has to be used every now and again, but it shouldn't be out every few days covering for the actual vehicle which should be used.

06 Apr 2013, 4:39 pm
There is nothing wrong with the TTX Geminis, I used the service to Middlesbrough a few weeks back, Went there and back from Heworth no bother at all, and those buses work perfectly on that service as that is what they are built for.
Malarkey
06 Apr 2013, 4:39 pm #77

There is nothing wrong with the TTX Geminis, I used the service to Middlesbrough a few weeks back, Went there and back from Heworth no bother at all, and those buses work perfectly on that service as that is what they are built for.

06 Apr 2013, 4:48 pm
(06 Apr 2013, 4:39 pm)Adam Malarkey There is nothing wrong with the TTX Geminis, I used the service to Middlesbrough a few weeks back, Went there and back from Heworth no bother at all, and those buses work perfectly on that service as that is what they are built for.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Adam's GNE Update

After another Bike Ride to Chester le Street today I opted to take my camera with me so I could photos of the Angel Geminis I needed in which I did, I also spotted a few odd workings also.

3962/3965/6056/6057/6058/6059/6060/6061/6062/6065/6068 and 6069 Have all been added to the Angel Set, which results in me having the complete lot of Green Angel Branded Buses. Only took an Hour and a Half of standing at Chester le Street to do so. All photos can be seen on the Link below.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/adammalarke...051443119/

For other Brands via set visit this Link.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/adammalarke...152097312/

Odd Allocations

WheyAye50 4928 on the Lime 8/78
http://www.flickr.com/photos/adammalarke...otostream/

Northern Solar 4944 usually on the 50 was also on the Lime 8/78

Not a rare working but still a wonderful site to see was 8289 on the 71 to Houghton le Spring.

Does anybody know if service 71 does another service when it arrives at Chester-le-Street?. I think it would be better if GNE extended service 238 from Houghton to Chester-le-street replacing service 71.

cbma06
06 Apr 2013, 4:48 pm #78

(06 Apr 2013, 4:39 pm)Adam Malarkey There is nothing wrong with the TTX Geminis, I used the service to Middlesbrough a few weeks back, Went there and back from Heworth no bother at all, and those buses work perfectly on that service as that is what they are built for.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Adam's GNE Update

After another Bike Ride to Chester le Street today I opted to take my camera with me so I could photos of the Angel Geminis I needed in which I did, I also spotted a few odd workings also.

3962/3965/6056/6057/6058/6059/6060/6061/6062/6065/6068 and 6069 Have all been added to the Angel Set, which results in me having the complete lot of Green Angel Branded Buses. Only took an Hour and a Half of standing at Chester le Street to do so. All photos can be seen on the Link below.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/adammalarke...051443119/

For other Brands via set visit this Link.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/adammalarke...152097312/

Odd Allocations

WheyAye50 4928 on the Lime 8/78

Northern Solar 4944 usually on the 50 was also on the Lime 8/78

Not a rare working but still a wonderful site to see was 8289 on the 71 to Houghton le Spring.

Does anybody know if service 71 does another service when it arrives at Chester-le-Street?. I think it would be better if GNE extended service 238 from Houghton to Chester-le-street replacing service 71.

Dan
Site Administrator
06 Apr 2013, 4:53 pm
In my eyes, it seems that B9s are off the road quite regularly. Whether it's a B7, Poppy Bus or an Olympian covering for a B9, there seems to be something out quite frequently!

Why other than a repair would these vehicles be off-road? Why would they be seen receiving attention in the depot regularly? An 'extensive wash' as I jokingly suggested above..?

Don't get me wrong, the B9s are great to ride on when they are out in service... But how much longer will that be for? No bus is designed to cover such an extensive mileage, surely... Wrightbus state that 'this high capacity vehicle is well equipped to meet the urban passenger transport challenges of any operation', but it seems unlikely in my eyes that when stating that, they did not mean such a high profile route like Go North East's prestigious X9/X10?

Coaches that were once used on the service seem more appropriate to me - but perhaps the thing that's off-putting is their lower seating capacity in comparison to the B9? The coaches in Go North East's current fleet aren't specially adapted to serve long distance either, to my knowledge, but coaches can be adapted in such a way to cover the needs of an extensive operation - why else would coach companies have coaches rather than double deck buses? :p
I don't know why the coaches were removed from the "Tyne Tees Xpress" operation - it's before my time as an avid enthusiast. Perhaps it was due to reliability issues, I really do not know... But are you saying if Go North East could afford coaches that were specially adapted to meet the requirements of the services (i.e. wheelchair access, the ability to cover an extensive mileage on a day-to-day basis for years to come, etc...), they'd choose a B9 instead?
Dan
06 Apr 2013, 4:53 pm #79

In my eyes, it seems that B9s are off the road quite regularly. Whether it's a B7, Poppy Bus or an Olympian covering for a B9, there seems to be something out quite frequently!

Why other than a repair would these vehicles be off-road? Why would they be seen receiving attention in the depot regularly? An 'extensive wash' as I jokingly suggested above..?

Don't get me wrong, the B9s are great to ride on when they are out in service... But how much longer will that be for? No bus is designed to cover such an extensive mileage, surely... Wrightbus state that 'this high capacity vehicle is well equipped to meet the urban passenger transport challenges of any operation', but it seems unlikely in my eyes that when stating that, they did not mean such a high profile route like Go North East's prestigious X9/X10?

Coaches that were once used on the service seem more appropriate to me - but perhaps the thing that's off-putting is their lower seating capacity in comparison to the B9? The coaches in Go North East's current fleet aren't specially adapted to serve long distance either, to my knowledge, but coaches can be adapted in such a way to cover the needs of an extensive operation - why else would coach companies have coaches rather than double deck buses? :p
I don't know why the coaches were removed from the "Tyne Tees Xpress" operation - it's before my time as an avid enthusiast. Perhaps it was due to reliability issues, I really do not know... But are you saying if Go North East could afford coaches that were specially adapted to meet the requirements of the services (i.e. wheelchair access, the ability to cover an extensive mileage on a day-to-day basis for years to come, etc...), they'd choose a B9 instead?

06 Apr 2013, 5:05 pm
There's hundreds of reasons why vehicles may be off the road other than requiring repair! Exams have to be done (by law) every 28 days which means everything has to be checked similar to an MOT test, this would take a full day if not more (for prep) so this is why 3963 was painted up as a branded spare.
I'm not denying there are issues with B9s (had one that cut out on the A19 a few weeks ago with steam coming out of the back...) but they're infinitely more reliable than the old B7s were... I'm sure they'll continue to be more reliable when they reach the same age too, albeit obviously not as reliable as they are when brand new.

The coaches were removed from the X9 because of extensive complaints from passengers over the steps, plus of course they weren't wheelchair accessible.
I was one who wanted to see something better than a standard bus on the X9/X10 but there aren't many coaches that meet the same capacity. If you were to use a standard size coach you would have to operate double the mileage by increasing the frequencies to match capacity, which of course involves double the investment not to mention other increased costs (drivers etc).
tyresmoke
06 Apr 2013, 5:05 pm #80

There's hundreds of reasons why vehicles may be off the road other than requiring repair! Exams have to be done (by law) every 28 days which means everything has to be checked similar to an MOT test, this would take a full day if not more (for prep) so this is why 3963 was painted up as a branded spare.
I'm not denying there are issues with B9s (had one that cut out on the A19 a few weeks ago with steam coming out of the back...) but they're infinitely more reliable than the old B7s were... I'm sure they'll continue to be more reliable when they reach the same age too, albeit obviously not as reliable as they are when brand new.

The coaches were removed from the X9 because of extensive complaints from passengers over the steps, plus of course they weren't wheelchair accessible.
I was one who wanted to see something better than a standard bus on the X9/X10 but there aren't many coaches that meet the same capacity. If you were to use a standard size coach you would have to operate double the mileage by increasing the frequencies to match capacity, which of course involves double the investment not to mention other increased costs (drivers etc).

Pages (22): Previous 13 4 522 Next

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Possibly Related Threads…
Replies 0
Views 36662
06 Mar 2020, 11:35 am
Last Post by V514DFT