You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Stagecoach North East: Latest News & Discussion - February 2015

RE: Stagecoach North East: Latest News & Discussion - February 2015
Does anyone know when the Stagecoach services will start and get stop announcements?
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Site Administrator
(25 Feb 2015, 6:00 pm)Michael wrote Does anyone know when the Stagecoach services will start and get stop announcements?

Stagecoach is usually quite reluctant to catch on to 'new' ideas. Their orders are made in bulk and they very rarely differ in specification. Just look at how long it's taken them to introduce Wi-Fi on some buses in the North East fleet...
36970 just had its ticket machine replaced.
Guy who don't it had a hi viz tabard on saying eco driver winner
Although not yet seen to be confirmed, 22063 is reported to have returned to Stockton depot after its loan to Slatyford with reserve-allocated MAN 22471 has gone in the opposite direction.
(26 Feb 2015, 2:12 pm)idiot wrote 36970 just had its ticket machine replaced.
Guy who don't it had a hi viz tabard on saying eco driver winner

He must have one of the best green road scores at the depot then. I believe monetary rewards are given to drivers that drive consistently in an eco-friendly fashion.
Three 13's together...currently at the Stadium of light heading for the city centre 
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(27 Feb 2015, 4:18 pm)Michael wrote Three 13's together...currently at the Stadium of light heading for the city centre 

23's also running in twos.... 
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Site Administrator
(27 Feb 2015, 4:30 pm)Michael wrote 23's also running in twos.... 
Happens every day after the schools kick out. Fridays always seem to be worse, as well.
Site Administrator
(27 Feb 2015, 4:30 pm)Michael wrote 23's also running in twos.... 
Happens every day after the schools kick out. Fridays always seem to be worse, as well.
(27 Feb 2015, 4:36 pm)Dan wrote Happens every day after the schools kick out. Fridays always seem to be worse, as well.

Fridays and Wednesdays were always the worst days for delays on our scholars services last year.

A lot of traffic used to build up on Newcastle Road in Chester-le-Street, sometimes we could fly down on the other days of the week...whilst on Fridays and Wednesdays we would be stop-start!
(27 Feb 2015, 4:38 pm)MarcTheA4 wrote Fridays and Wednesdays were always the worst days for delays on our scholars services last year.

A lot of traffic used to build up on Newcastle Road in Chester-le-Street, sometimes we could fly down on the other days of the week...whilst on Fridays and Wednesdays we would be stop-start!

Friday tends to be the worst as some people finish work earlier on a Friday.
Traffic lights fault in Fawcett Street and I think I read that there was an accident on St Mary way
(27 Feb 2015, 5:49 pm)idiot wrote Traffic lights fault in Fawcett Street and I think I read that there was an accident on St Mary way

Cheers Idiot.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Site Administrator
(27 Feb 2015, 7:28 pm)atlantean542 wrote Don't know if it has been noted on here but I past 22409 yesterday on service 100 freshly repainted and without X47 branding

Thanks for the confirmation - stagecoachbusdepot noted that he thought it had been repainted but wasn't sure.
(27 Feb 2015, 8:04 pm)AIG20 wrote Maybe a hint that the X47 may receive new vehicles this year - unless they are all going to be repainted and rebranded like the South Shields ADL E300s...

It could do with deckers but they could do with sorting the reliability first - probably wants an extra bus in it but they won't do that

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

(26 Feb 2015, 11:45 pm)Kuyoyo wrote Although not yet seen to be confirmed, 22063 is reported to have returned to Stockton depot after its loan to Slatyford with reserve-allocated MAN 22471 has gone in the opposite direction.

Still in Newcastle as of Friday
(28 Feb 2015, 10:26 am)AIG20 wrote It appears that Slatyford MAN E200 39726 (NK09 EGY) has transferred to Walkergate Depot, for use on service 15/15A.
Image owned by Flickr user "Sean Blair".

So it looks like Pointer Darts 34609-14 are transferring to Slatyford instead of Sunderland.

I bloody hope so haha!
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
HI when well the Dennis trident alx 400 get repaint and well more transferring buses round in stagecoach northeast or transferring other fleets this year.
Site Administrator
(28 Feb 2015, 7:58 pm)glen1234 wrote HI when well the Dennis trident alx 400 get repaint and well more transferring buses round in stagecoach northeast or transferring other fleets this year.

Some were repainted when they arrived from Hull, and if I remember rightly, the ones that didn't were repainted towards the end of their life with Hull.

As they're not DDA-compliant, it's unlikely that Stagecoach will give them another repaint (unless they're converted to become DDA-compliant) as they need to be withdrawn by 1 January 2017.
I have a old photo of old ALX 300 buses line up in Stockton depot on Sunday, It would be nice to see all of the new Enviro 300 buses line up on Sunday at Stockton depot to see them all lined up instead