You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - December 2019

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - December 2019
Just spotted 6164 freshly painted and into use at Chester-le-Street, out on 21s.
Is Peterlee short of buses again?,as I’ve seen one of the hadrians solos on the 239 tonight

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(17 Dec 2019, 7:35 pm)cbma06 wrote Is Peterlee short of buses again?,as I’ve seen one of the hadrians solos on the 239 tonight

635 is on loan to Peterlee due to a incident where a car crashed through the fencing at Peterlee depot causing damage to at least 2 vehicles.
(17 Dec 2019, 7:43 pm)BFK wrote 635 is on loan to Peterlee due to a incident where a car crashed through the fencing at Peterlee depot causing damage to at least 2 vehicles.

Cheers for the info

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2019
(14 Dec 2019, 1:45 pm)Rapidsnap wrote With regards to the repainted Solar, it be interesting to see which Solar they've used as the 55 plated ones (5229-5233) never carried the wedge version of the livery and were delivered in the swoop style.

Wedge - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photog...825597642/
Swoop - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photog...825597642/

I was otherwise engaged over the weekend, so didn't get down to the event to see the repaint in the flesh. 
However, after seeing photos online and then seeing it on the 585 yesterday, I can't help wondering 'what if'... 

My twitter feed is full of shots related to the 'BR liveried 125' and having seen the interior and traditional style posters on-board, I can't help feel as if this front-end repaint, was worth it.
Was it a budget issue? Was it a time issue? Resource perhaps? 
Or, was there other reasons why we see the front end repainted, whilst the rest of the vehicle is left in its current livery, along with the remnants of decals which have been removed?

Wasn't sure what to expect, but it wasn't that.
'Illegitimis non carborundum'
(18 Dec 2019, 1:30 pm)Andreos1 wrote I was otherwise engaged over the weekend, so didn't get down to the event to see the repaint in the flesh. 
However, after seeing photos online and then seeing it on the 585 yesterday, I can't help wondering 'what if'... 

My twitter feed is full of shots related to the 'BR liveried 125' and having seen the interior and traditional style posters on-board, I can't help feel as if this front-end repaint, was worth it.
Was it a budget issue? Was it a time issue? Resource perhaps? 
Or, was there other reasons why we see the front end repainted, whilst the rest of the vehicle is left in its current livery, along with the remnants of decals which have been removed?

Wasn't sure what to expect, but it wasn't that.

I wouldn’t have expected them to spend the time or money completely repainting a bus they were planning on getting rid of.

I guess the front being repainted was a nice little tribute to the fleet purely for the benefit of the enthusiasts and the event.
(18 Dec 2019, 1:37 pm)ne14ne1 wrote  
I wouldn’t have expected them to spend the time or money completely repainting a bus they planning on getting rid of.

I guess the front being repainted was a nice little tribute to the fleet purely for the benefit of the enthusiasts and the event.

I totally agree. But then you see the time and effort which has been gone to in the case of the '125', which is in exactly the same position with regards to its status as part of the fleet and the efforts GWR went to, for theirs. 

I suppose the point I was trying to make, was that if the front end is going to be done (as a tribute or not), then at least make sure the rest of the exterior is in a decent condition. Re-painted or at the very least, with the decal remnants removed. 
I noticed the trace of them from the other side of the dual-carriageway at Tyne Dock yesterday. They're that obvious.
Do we know what was the issue with 6333 yet? I'd imagine getting parts will still be an issue with the backlog WrightBus has

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk
(19 Dec 2019, 5:59 pm)streetdeckfan wrote Did 6337 end up entering service last week?
Nope, still on pits. 5485 still Consett.
(18 Dec 2019, 4:02 pm)streetdeckfan wrote Do we know what was the issue with 6333 yet? I'd imagine getting parts will still be an issue with the backlog WrightBus has

It’s back in service at the minute. Was on today according to bus times
Noticed on 6110 that 311 has been added to the black taglline with the destinations and services.
(21 Dec 2019, 1:06 pm)L469 YVK wrote Noticed on 6110 that 311 has been added to the black taglline with the destinations and services.

That was quick, wonder if this might indicate that the changes will be online soon?
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(21 Dec 2019, 1:06 pm)L469 YVK wrote Noticed on 6110 that 311 has been added to the black taglline with the destinations and services.
What's the 311? And what is it's route?
From the GNE fleet page:

New coaches delivered for National Express, and now under preparation for service, are Volvo B11RT/Caetano Levante 3s 7145 (BV69 KPF), 7146 (BV69 KPG), 7147 (BV69 KPJ), 7148 (BV69 KPK) and 7149 (BV69 KRD).
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(23 Dec 2019, 5:58 pm)Rapidsnap wrote These were unexpected, which ones are expected to be replaced or are they for enhancing the services.

Probables be replacing: 7105 - 7109, they're the oldest ones, although 2013 is quite young.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(23 Dec 2019, 8:18 pm)Michael wrote Probables be replacing: 7105 - 7109, they're the oldest ones, although 2013 is quite young.

They're Euro 5 though, and not London ULEZ exempt, so it would make sense to upgrade them to Euro 6 ones. Wonder if GNE will keep them though, introducing some coach routes would be nice.
(24 Dec 2019, 1:15 am)deanmachine wrote They're Euro 5 though, and not London ULEZ exempt, so it would make sense to upgrade them to Euro 6 ones. Wonder if GNE will keep them though, introducing some coach routes would be nice.
Night get added to the special events fleet, private hire, rail replacement etc.
(24 Dec 2019, 1:15 am)deanmachine wrote They're Euro 5 though, and not London ULEZ exempt, so it would make sense to upgrade them to Euro 6 ones. Wonder if GNE will keep them though, introducing some coach routes would be nice.

I wonder if the PSVAR rules are forcing their hand. 

Can't be doing with this:
 (https://youtu.be/viq9ClAdHsg) for much longer.
Site Administrator
(24 Dec 2019, 8:51 am)Andreos1 wrote I wonder if the PSVAR rules are forcing their hand. 

Can't be doing with this:
 (https://youtu.be/viq9ClAdHsg) for much longer.

All coaches in GNE's National Express fleet are fully PSVAR compliant.

National Express are reducing the maximum age of vehicles in their fleet, to be reduced gradually to 5 years.
(24 Dec 2019, 12:38 pm)Dan wrote All coaches in GNE's National Express fleet are fully PSVAR compliant.

National Express are reducing the maximum age of vehicles in their fleet, to be reduced gradually to 5 years.
Aye, the Lavantes have that lift in the staircase don't they.
I suppose they'll be kept on for contracts, or could possibly be used as spares on the X9/X10 if that goes to coaches

(24 Dec 2019, 1:02 pm)ASX_Terranova wrote X9/X10 to get Plaxton Panoramas then?
X1 get old Streedecks
Would those moves be cost effective

X1 getting new buses from May 2020
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Will Percy Main be operating the 310 on Boxing Day or will it be Gateshead using either TVT branded Geminis or Green Arrow E200MMCs?