You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

RE: Jim Hughes of Sunderland
YN06 PFD, PJI 2407, YSV 815 and TUI 4840 on SAFC Supporters coaches yesterday as well as an unidentified Gold JH Coaches Vehcile
On another note tried to board the 556 on Friday at Harton Nook to go home and he drove straight past me it was
T320 FGN
JH Coaches
PCV - Driver (Schools)

Job description
School Bus Drivers - Birtley Depot

School Contracts
**IMMEDIATE START AVAILABLE**
Due to an increased demand for our services we are looking to recruit School Bus Drivers to operate School Bus Contracts in Tyne and Wear.
Applications should hold a PCV Licence, be flexible, be smart in appearance and polite. If you do not hold a current DBS Certificate, you will be required to undergo relevant DBS Clearance.
Wage is to be discussed at interview.
This is a position is subject to a 6 month probationary period.
This vacancy is for an immediate start.
Applicants should email a current CV.
(02 Dec 2014, 1:39 pm)JHCoaches wrote Andy - 5579 MW was sold to Bakers Dolphin

Could I ask what happened to

WSV 570 Scania K114EB6 Irizar Century PB and TUI 4766 Volvo B12B Berkhof Axial.

Many thanks
Kernow Dave - WSV 570 went to Austen Clarke, TUI 4766 went to OFJ Connections London

Scott - JH Coaches have the Classic telephone number, diary including day trips and Blackpool service, and vehicles.
(03 Dec 2014, 11:52 am)JHCoaches wrote Kernow Dave - WSV 570 went to Austen Clarke, TUI 4766 went to OFJ Connections London

Scott - JH Coaches have the Classic telephone number, diary including day trips and Blackpool service, and vehicles.

Many thanks for the prompt reply.

Best wishes for the future.
Van Hool Astrobel (6963 MW) was seen Parked up at Washington Galleries This Morning at around 10:45 still in Classic Livery, Think this would look fantastic in Jim Hughes Livery.

[attachment=6157]
Site Administrator
Providing plans have not changed, I believe three of Jim Hughes' coaches are going to be at Beamish tomorrow, at circa 1000 and 1300 (possibly staying for the duration). I've been told that at least one 'double decker coach' will be present.

Just in case anyone wants photos!
Site Administrator
Not sure if plans have changed or whether it's just been an error in communications between our Finance Officer and myself, but there is not a double decker coach...

We do have a double decker bus in the form of LT02ZZL as well as coaches YKZ9965 and BX06UMJ
Re: RE: Jim Hughes of Sunderland
(10 Dec 2014, 10:07 am)Dan wrote Not sure if plans have changed or whether it's just been an error in communications between our Finance Officer and myself, but there is not a double decker coach...

We do have a double decker bus in the form of LT02ZZL as well as coaches YKZ9965 and BX06UMJ
So what would 6963 MW be classed as then.
Site Administrator
(10 Dec 2014, 10:49 am)NEBCD Malarkey wrote So what would 6963 MW be classed as then.

You've lost me...

BX06UMC replaced LT02ZZL for the return journey back to school. Was gutted that I couldn't get UMJ back as it was very ably driven, it was very warm on-board, and was a very pleasant journey.
Less keen on UMC! It made some rather strange alarm-like noises at the back; although it was only quiet, it still irritated me. 
(10 Dec 2014, 4:38 pm)Dan wrote You've lost me...

BX06UMC replaced LT02ZZL for the return journey back to school. Was gutted that I couldn't get UMJ back as it was very ably driven, it was very warm on-board, and was a very pleasant journey.
Less keen on UMC! It made some rather strange alarm-like noises at the back; although it was only quiet, it still irritated me. 

The bit about not having a Double Decker Coach in your previous post, 6963 MW is a Double Decker Coach as shown in my Post on this Thread yesterday.
Site Administrator
(10 Dec 2014, 8:11 pm)NEBCD Malarkey wrote The bit about not having a Double Decker Coach in your previous post, 6963 MW is a Double Decker Coach as shown in my Post on this Thread yesterday.

Read the post before it...

I didn't explicitly specify it, but I've been on a school trip to Beamish today, and was told by my school's Finance Officer that Jim Hughes were providing three vehicles to take us there. Your photo jogged my memory on, as she had told me that there was going to be one 'double decker coach', but this was not the case... So whether she had changed the vehicle specification for the trip without letting me know, or whether she meant 'double decker bus' (given that a President turned up), I do not know.
(10 Dec 2014, 8:14 pm)Dan wrote Read the post before it...

I didn't explicitly specify it, but I've been on a school trip to Beamish today, and was told by my school's Finance Officer that Jim Hughes were providing three vehicles to take us there. Your photo jogged my memory on, as she had told me that there was going to be one 'double decker coach', but this was not the case... So whether she had changed the vehicle specification for the trip without letting me know, or whether she meant 'double decker bus' (given that a President turned up), I do not know.

Schools won't know they'll just be offered vehicles that seat the capacity they require. Double decks (if seat belted) are regularly used for local school trips as it's cheaper than hiring two coaches.... That's why 70 seater coaches are popular too.

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

(10 Dec 2014, 8:14 pm)Dan wrote Read the post before it...

I follow now, was quite confused to say the least, hope you enjoyed your school trip Dan.
Watch out for 3 new additions to the fleet in Spring 2015
2 Brand New Volvo B11R Sunsundegui 13M 55 Seaters Executives and 1 x 2012 Volvo B9 Jonkheere JHV 53 Seater Executive.
We have also added a 16 seater late model Mercedes Sorroco coach built minibus to our fleet.
RE: Jim Hughes of Sunderland/Birtley
Fleet Update - Updated 07/01/2015

W2 RJC - Mercedes Sprinter (16 Seat Standard)    -   NOW WITHDRAWN
****** - Mercedes Sorroco (16 Seat Standard) - DUE 07/01/2015
AA05SET - Mercedes Cheetah (33 Seat Standard)
VNP893 - Volvo Premier (48 Seat Executive)
YSV815 - Volvo Premier (48 Seat Executive)
PIL2166 - Volvo Premier (53 Seat Standard)
YKZ9965 - Volvo Premier (70 Seat Standard) 3+2 Config.
OTP940 - Volvo Excalibur (49 Seat Executive)
WSU486 - Volvo Excalibur (49 Seat Executive)
MSU392 - Mercedes Touro (49 Seat Executive)
MSU830 - Mercedes Touro (49 Seat Executive)
OTP392 - Mercedes Touro (49 Seat Executive)
PJI2407 - Mercedes Touro (49 Seat Executive)
BX06UMC - Mercedes Touro (53 Seat Standard)
BX06UMJ - Mercedes Touro (53 Seat Standard)
SN09AZU - Van Hool B12 (57 Seat Executive) - ON TEMPORARY LOAN
6963 MW - Van Hool Astrobel (79 Seat Executive)
3262 MW - Van Hool Astrobel (79 Seat Executive)  -  CURRENTLY IN FOR REPAINT TO JH LIVERY
KU52 RYF - Dennis Dart
KU52 RYM - Dennis Dart
M135 UWY - Volvo Excalibur
S236JUA - DAF DB250 - ALX400
T312 FGN - DAF DB250 - ALX400
T317 FGN - DAF DB250 - ALX400
T318 FGN - DAF DB250 - ALX400
T319 FGN - DAF DB250 - ALX400
T320 FGN - DAF DB250 - ALX400
T421 GGO - DAF DB250 - ALX400
LT02 ZZJ - Dennis Trident
LT02 ZZL - Dennis Trident