You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - February 2014

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - February 2014

RE: Go North East - Latest
(21 Feb 2014, 9:40 pm)peter wrote Can anyone tell me the PVR of North Tyne Links service 40/41? It seems to have slipped my mind.

11, including the 80.
(21 Feb 2014, 9:43 pm)Tom wrote 11, including the 80.

Completely forgot about the 80 and managed to rember the overall PVR just after you replied. Thanks anyway.
(20 Feb 2014, 10:31 pm)Kuyoyo wrote Well, in the last 3 or 4 years, the X62 has gone from coaches to use ex-Road Car B7TLs which proved unreliable so anything turned up on the work, and since Saturday, the service has increased to 7 return trips Monday-Saturday and 2 on Sundays using 3 54-reg Plaxton Profile-bodied Volvo B7Rs branded for the service.

As for Scottish Citylink, the majority of the network today is operated by either Stagecoach as part of the Megabus/Citylink joint venture, or Parks of Hamilton who operate both Citylink livered coaches as well as coaches in a similar yellow/blue livery but with their own fleetnames.

You also have the likes of West Coast Motors operating under contract/franchise.

Saw the x62 being worked by Tridents a few times.
Interesting they have plumped for coaches again.
The only reason I asked, is as the two GNE routes aren't too different in length/duration to the Stagecoach route.
'Illegitimis non carborundum'
With the last 4 B9's arriving at Percy Main does this mean the last remaining Spd's be finally withdrawn?
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(22 Feb 2014, 10:29 am)Michael wrote With the last 4 B9's arriving at Percy Main does this mean the last remaining Spd's be finally withdrawn?

Hope so Michael I see the 39s are still not branded
(22 Feb 2014, 10:29 am)Michael wrote With the last 4 B9's arriving at Percy Main does this mean the last remaining Spd's be finally withdrawn?

I think 8221/31 are the only remaining ones at Chester-le-Street/Stanley now, but hopefully yes. Should both be replaced by 5273 and 5255 respectively.
(22 Feb 2014, 10:31 am)Acky81 wrote Hope so Michael I see the 39s are still not branded

Ye, however non of the re-painted buses are re-branded yet - expect for 5331 which is branded Blaydon Racers.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(22 Feb 2014, 10:31 am)Tom wrote I think 8221/31 are the only remaining ones at Chester-le-Street/Stanley now, but hopefully yes. Should both be replaced by 5273 and 5255 respectively.

Not sure where the SPD's remain - the fleet allocation is behind (like normal) on the GNE site.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(22 Feb 2014, 10:38 am)Michael wrote Not sure where the SPD's remain - the fleet allocation is behind (like normal) on the GNE site.

8221 at Stanley and 8231 at Chester-le-Street are realistically the only ones that are out daily.
(22 Feb 2014, 10:40 am)Tom wrote 8221 at Stanley and 8231 at Chester-le-Street are realistically the only ones that are out daily.

Thanks, hopefully they are withdrawn, despite 4931 being VOR.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Site Administrator

When the cascades happen, it should.
5273 is currently on the 9 though, which means that one still hasn't gone to Stanley and the withdrawals at that depot can't occur.

(22 Feb 2014, 10:31 am)Acky81 wrote Hope so Michael I see the 39s are still not branded

There is no correlation between the withdrawal of SPD vehicles and the reason why the purple Versas at Deptford are not branded.

(22 Feb 2014, 10:31 am)Tom wrote I think 8221/31 are the only remaining ones at Chester-le-Street/Stanley now, but hopefully yes. Should both be replaced by 5273 and 5255 respectively.

8227 is still at Chester-le-Street, though it has not been active for the past week or so.
8231 is still very much active, and I don't think it's seen a day where it has not been allocated.
8232 has seen very occasional use at Chester-le-Street, but as a last resort.
8237 has been on the Lime quite frequently this week, so that is still active.
8289 will, as far as I know, remain active until 4931 is repaired.

8221 is and has been for the past few days, parked at the back of Stanley depot. Having evaluated my photograph, I notice it does not have a ticket machine - it therefore shouldn't be allocated.
.jpg 12643175024_bed5014de2_o.jpg

8231 won't be replaced by an OmniCity as it's merely a loan brought in to assist with operational convenience. It will be withdrawn without replacement.
(22 Feb 2014, 11:11 am)Dan wrote When the cascades happen, it should.
5273 is currently on the 9 though, which means that one still hasn't gone to Stanley and the withdrawals at that depot can't occur.

There is no correlation between the withdrawal of SPD vehicles and the reason why the purple Versas at Deptford are not branded.

8227 is still at Chester-le-Street, though it has not been active for the past week or so.
8231 is still very much active, and I don't think it's seen a day where it has not been allocated.

8221 is and has been for the past few days, parked at the back of Stanley depot. Having evaluated my photograph, I notice it does not have a ticket machine - it therefore shouldn't be allocated.

8231 won't be replaced by an OmniCity as it's merely a loan brought in to assist with operational convenience. It will be withdrawn without replacement.

So theirs still quite a few in service, surprised with all the cascades though only a few or non would of being in service.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Site Administrator
(22 Feb 2014, 11:28 am)Michael wrote So theirs still quite a few in service, surprised with all the cascades though only a few or non would of being in service.

I don't think there's a date set in stone for the withdrawal of 8227/31/32 given that they're only loans, but I'd imagine that higher management want them off ASAP. Of course the depots are going to want to cling onto the extra vehicles though, as it gives them greater flexibility.

8237 should have been withdrawn by now given that its replacement (4930) is now back at Chester-le-Street in red.

8289 is the only Dart to have reason to continue to be allocated.
(22 Feb 2014, 11:11 am)Dan wrote When the cascades happen, it should.

The fact that it still has an O-Licence and validator suggests that it is still to sit as a spare though.
Site Administrator
(22 Feb 2014, 11:35 am)palatine3833 wrote The fact that it still has an O-Licence and validator suggests that it is still to sit as a spare though.

So do 7060 and 8220 which are currently on Hexham's Death Row pending scrap... Are they to sit as spares too? Wink
Site Administrator
(22 Feb 2014, 12:23 pm)park5354 wrote 8229 is still in use at Riverside daily, and 8221 has been used this week on 45/46 and 44.

Riverside for you - that vehicle should have been withdrawn once 4944 arrived.

Must have been at the start of the week when 8221 was in use?
(22 Feb 2014, 1:11 pm)Simm101 wrote Good to see/smell that the Citylink and red spare Versas still have that new bus smell. Smile

Shame the 56 Gemini aren't the same. After just over a month being in service, they are in worse condition inside than the X1; which are 3yrs younger!
Banned
(22 Feb 2014, 5:47 pm)JP6004 wrote Shame the 56 Gemini aren't the same. After just over a month being in service, they are in worse condition inside than the X1; which are 3yrs younger!

Washington and Sunderland..nuff said (-:
(22 Feb 2014, 5:56 pm)gtom wrote Washington and Sunderland..nuff said (-:

Wrekenton, Gateshead, Newcastle...nuff said (-:
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(22 Feb 2014, 5:47 pm)JP6004 wrote Shame the 56 Gemini aren't the same. After just over a month being in service, they are in worse condition inside than the X1; which are 3yrs younger!

Whenever I got one of the old Solars it was always a sh!tip.
It must be the clientele, cos when I was on a Gemini last week, it stunk of p!ss, whilst a repainted Solar on another route on the same day, was spot on.
'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Site Administrator
(21 Feb 2014, 2:17 pm)Dan wrote I'm told 5331 is now branded "Blaydon Racers".

This is indeed the case, as Bazza Houston managed to get a photograph of it today:
[Image: 12702632644_08bbca55ae_z.jpg]

Note that the Go North East stickers previously applied have been removed in favour of "Blaydon Racers" vinyls.
(22 Feb 2014, 7:57 pm)speedwheels22 wrote I get on a bus to get me a to b and back not to get on to smell them

Good for you! But I think what they were saying was that it's something passengers shouldn't have to put up with, just because some other passengers don't respect the buses.