Menu

Pages (136)    139 40 41136   
Tommy1581   15 Jan 2015, 7:59 pm
(15 Jan 2015, 7:51 pm)Andreos1 wrote Tommy, Tommy, Tommy...

Disappointed in you. It ain't all about 'battleship grey' buses you know.
When you look into QCS, the failures of privatisation, the money being milked from taxpayers by multinational plc's, millions being siphoned away into shareholders accounts, rather than being reinvested into the system - you will realise QCS is the only way the bus network can use to survive into the future.

I'm in support of QCS now... but not in Northumberland and Durham (probably because its not happening here) it will be interesting to see dull grey buses prancing about Fencehouses and Sunderland.
R852 PRG   15 Jan 2015, 8:07 pm
(15 Jan 2015, 7:54 pm)Andreos1 wrote Tommy, Tommy, Tommy...

Disappointed in you. It ain't all about 'battleship grey' buses you know.
When you look into QCS, the failures of privatisation, the money being milked from taxpayers by multinational plc's, millions being siphoned away into shareholders accounts, rather than being reinvested into the system - you will realise QCS is the only way the bus network can use to survive into the future.

Fencehouses for him. Big Grin
Andreos1   15 Jan 2015, 8:44 pm
Lumley 6th pit Gulag more like.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
MrFozz   15 Jan 2015, 8:53 pm
(15 Jan 2015, 7:59 pm)Tommy1581 wrote I'm in support of QCS now... but not in Northumberland and Durham (probably because its not happening here) it will be interesting to see dull grey buses prancing about Fencehouses and Sunderland.
If it is successful, I bet Durham and Northumberland end up going down the QCS route, infact I would not be surprised if public transport in the whole area is merged into one somewhere down the line
(15 Jan 2015, 8:44 pm)Andreos1 wrote Lumley 6th pit Gulag more like.
Is that one of the not very well kept secret places the FPF send dissenters to be re-educated Big Grin
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
MurdnunoC   15 Jan 2015, 8:55 pm
(15 Jan 2015, 7:59 pm)Tommy1581 wrote I'm in support of QCS now... but not in Northumberland and Durham (probably because its not happening here) it will be interesting to see dull grey buses prancing about Fencehouses and Sunderland.

I'm afraid to say, chances are, it will happen in Northumberland and Durham as the Combined Authority are keen on the idea. Most Labour-led councils will back the proposals - even the Conservative MP (Hexham), Guy Opperman, is broadly in favour of the scheme. 

Adrian   15 Jan 2015, 9:30 pm
(15 Jan 2015, 8:55 pm)MurdnunoC wrote I'm afraid to say, chances are, it will happen in Northumberland and Durham as the Combined Authority are keen on the idea. Most Labour-led councils will back the proposals - even the Conservative MP (Hexham), Guy Opperman, is broadly in favour of the scheme. 

Nail on the head. Even the Tories are now pushing everyone onto the regional devolution bandwagon, so it's inevitable as far as I'm concerned, that buses across the country will in the not so distant future be regulated. Whether that be under QCS rules, or new legislation as part of regional devolution. Tories seem to favour the sort of PPP model that QCS offers, and slots in nicely with their SME model that they expect large enterprises to adopt. Hence QCS offering the opportunity for several independents to place a consortium bid. 

This isn't my pro-QCS stance talking, but simply looking at the reality of the political situation. 

Looking at the North East specifically. Do people honestly think that the likes of NECA chair, Simon Henig, aren't going to look at a Tyne and Wear implementation of QCS, and think that they'd like a bit of this for their own councils? I read that Durham have had to make even more bus service cuts than Northumberland, with about 29% slashed off their budget.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian   15 Jan 2015, 9:34 pm
(15 Jan 2015, 8:55 pm)MurdnunoC wrote I'm afraid to say, chances are, it will happen in Northumberland and Durham as the Combined Authority are keen on the idea. Most Labour-led councils will back the proposals - even the Conservative MP (Hexham), Guy Opperman, is broadly in favour of the scheme. 

Nail on the head. Even the Tories are now pushing everyone onto the regional devolution bandwagon, so it's inevitable as far as I'm concerned, that buses across the country will in the not so distant future be regulated. Whether that be under QCS rules, or new legislation as part of regional devolution. Tories seem to favour the sort of PPP model that QCS offers, and slots in nicely with their SME model that they expect large enterprises to adopt. Hence QCS offering the opportunity for several independents to place a consortium bid. 

This isn't my pro-QCS stance talking, but simply looking at the reality of the political situation. 

Looking at the North East specifically. Do people honestly think that the likes of NECA chair, Simon Henig, aren't going to look at a Tyne and Wear implementation of QCS, and think that they'd like a bit of this for their own councils? I read that Durham have had to make even more bus service cuts than Northumberland, with about 29% slashed off their budget.

Michael   16 Jan 2015, 8:27 am
Its Friday!!!!!!!

Wooooooooooo

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
MrFozz   16 Jan 2015, 12:32 pm
(16 Jan 2015, 8:27 am)Michael wrote Its Friday!!!!!!!

Wooooooooooo
In 3 days you'll post

It's Monday!!!!!!

Boooooooooo

In the opposite thread to this Big Grin
MurdnunoC   16 Jan 2015, 12:43 pm
(16 Jan 2015, 12:32 pm)MrFozz wrote In 3 days you'll post

It's Monday!!!!!!

Boooooooooo

In the opposite thread to this Big Grin

Well, if nothing else, at least he's consistent.

I value consistency. 
Jimmi   16 Jan 2015, 1:01 pm
Leaving the MetroCentre.

It's full of ignorant morons.
Adrian   16 Jan 2015, 1:58 pm
(16 Jan 2015, 1:01 pm)Jimmi wrote Leaving the MetroCentre.

It's full of ignorant morons.
And stunners.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Andreos1   17 Jan 2015, 1:07 pm
Finding this website!

http://www.topsecretrecipes.com/Top-Secret-Recipes.html

The majority are free.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Tommy1581   17 Jan 2015, 5:12 pm
Jimmi - and owned by anti-enthusiast Intu.
R852 PRG   17 Jan 2015, 5:13 pm
(17 Jan 2015, 5:12 pm)Tommy1581 wrote Jimmi - and owned by anti-enthusiast Intu.

And filled with slutty teenage girls!
Tommy1581   17 Jan 2015, 5:16 pm
MarcTheA4 - and also 'posh' people who go to Newcastle via rail (paying £50 for shitty Pacers), not the express bus services (which are like £2 per person).
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Michael   18 Jan 2015, 12:23 pm
Not really meant to be for us lads but i'm on the lass bible on Facebook, some pretty good videos hahaha!

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
R852 PRG   18 Jan 2015, 12:26 pm
That I can access the forum again lol!
MrFozz   18 Jan 2015, 12:26 pm
(18 Jan 2015, 12:23 pm)Michael wrote Not really meant to be for us lads but i'm on the lass bible on Facebook, some pretty good videos hahaha!
You poofter Tongue

Kiddong mate, will have to 'ave a look meself sometime Big Grin
MrFozz   18 Jan 2015, 12:32 pm
(18 Jan 2015, 12:26 pm)MarcTheA4 wrote That I can access the forum again lol!
Was starting to suffer serious withdrawal symptoms, had the shakes and sweats...only sorted myselfbby spending copious amounts of time playing Football Manager on my phone Big Grin
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Michael   18 Jan 2015, 12:37 pm
(18 Jan 2015, 12:26 pm)MrFozz wrote You poofter Tongue

Kiddong mate, will have to 'ave a look meself sometime Big Grin

Haha Tongue 

Someone else liked the a video on the page so i decided to have a look, as many lasses i know have the Lad Bible liked! 

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=890327067676065&set=vb.217293018312810&type=2&theater - like this 6 second video hahahahaha

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=890312137677558&set=vb.217293018312810&type=2&theater - or this one  Big Grin

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
MrFozz   18 Jan 2015, 12:40 pm
So good you had to post it twice
Jimmi   18 Jan 2015, 12:59 pm
(18 Jan 2015, 12:32 pm)MrFozz wrote Was starting to suffer serious withdrawal symptoms, had the shakes and sweats...only sorted myselfbby spending copious amounts of time playing Football Manager on my phone Big Grin

I was out last night at an awful birthday party, too many people for my liking and I knew practically nobody and some of them looked rough as, I ended up leaving around 1030 and ended up watching Top Gear on Sky Plus. Might have been a bit more relaxed if the forum had online so I ended up constantly checking the activity section of the Flickr Central app.
DanPicken   18 Jan 2015, 2:16 pm
Where I live it's snowing.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Michael   18 Jan 2015, 2:18 pm
It's sleet here =(

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Tommy1581   18 Jan 2015, 4:13 pm
Rain here Sad
Rapidsnap   18 Jan 2015, 6:09 pm
Coming 2nd in the card gaming tourney I took part in yesterday. Also learned that I possibly have the fastest running deck in the North East. Beat 2 opponents within 15 minutes. Plus got to hang out with a good bunch of people and had a good laugh.

Oh also, where I live..... it's Dark.

Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/
Who needs heroes anyway? Villians have more fun.
Rapidsnap   19 Jan 2015, 11:18 am
The fact I'm in a really good mood. I finish at 3pm. Plus I'm bouncing off the walls after 2 cups of coffee. Weyhey.

Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/
Who needs heroes anyway? Villians have more fun.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Diamond One   20 Jan 2015, 9:06 am
(19 Jan 2015, 11:18 am)GMitchelhill wrote The fact I'm in a really good mood. I finish at 3pm. Plus I'm bouncing off the walls after 2 cups of coffee. Weyhey.

Last time I had more than 2 cups of caffeine namely Tea and Latte was last Thursday heading for Doncaster then onto Rotherham Vy the time the train journey came was bursting for the toilet
Diamond One   20 Jan 2015, 9:10 am
(28 Dec 2014, 10:11 pm)Davie wrote what special was it, Dan

(19 Jan 2015, 11:18 am)GMitchelhill wrote The fact I'm in a really good mood. I finish at 3pm. Plus I'm bouncing off the walls after 2 cups of coffee. Weyhey.

Last time I had more than 2 cups of caffeine namely Tea and Latte I was heading to Doncaster then to Rotherham I was so desperate for the toilet 
Pages (136)    139 40 41136