Menu

North East Buses The Canteen Off-topic bus chat Have you ever..?

Have you ever..?

Have you ever..?

• 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average

Pages (6): Previous 14 5 6 Next
Davie
Banned
13 Jun 2015, 9:32 pm
(13 Jun 2015, 9:25 pm)LeeCalder  Nice to know some drivers appreciate our hobby.

Unlike your mate from Carlisle  Tongue
Davie
13 Jun 2015, 9:32 pm #81

(13 Jun 2015, 9:25 pm)LeeCalder  Nice to know some drivers appreciate our hobby.

Unlike your mate from Carlisle  Tongue

13 Jun 2015, 9:36 pm
(13 Jun 2015, 9:32 pm)Davie Unlike your mate from Carlisle  Tongue

Don't even get me started on that disrespectful....... person  Angry
LeeCalder
13 Jun 2015, 9:36 pm #82

(13 Jun 2015, 9:32 pm)Davie Unlike your mate from Carlisle  Tongue

Don't even get me started on that disrespectful....... person  Angry

Davie
Banned
13 Jun 2015, 9:37 pm
(13 Jun 2015, 9:36 pm)LeeCalder Don't even get me started on that disrespectful....... person  Angry

It isn't as bad as that Gateshead Central Taxis driver 
Davie
13 Jun 2015, 9:37 pm #83

(13 Jun 2015, 9:36 pm)LeeCalder Don't even get me started on that disrespectful....... person  Angry

It isn't as bad as that Gateshead Central Taxis driver 

13 Jun 2015, 9:39 pm
I certainly didn't enjoy the time I was give the middle finger at Durham Bus Station by an Arriva driver.
Sidthebusbabe
13 Jun 2015, 9:39 pm #84

I certainly didn't enjoy the time I was give the middle finger at Durham Bus Station by an Arriva driver.

Davie
Banned
13 Jun 2015, 9:41 pm
(13 Jun 2015, 9:39 pm)Sidthebusbabe I certainly didn't enjoy the time I was give the middle finger at Durham Bus Station by an Arriva driver.

If it was Arriva that doesn't surprise me  (apologises to any Arriva drivers on this forum)
Davie
13 Jun 2015, 9:41 pm #85

(13 Jun 2015, 9:39 pm)Sidthebusbabe I certainly didn't enjoy the time I was give the middle finger at Durham Bus Station by an Arriva driver.

If it was Arriva that doesn't surprise me  (apologises to any Arriva drivers on this forum)

13 Jun 2015, 9:46 pm
(13 Jun 2015, 9:41 pm)Davie If it was Arriva that doesn't surprise me  (apologises to any Arriva drivers on this forum)
I've had more GNE drivers give rude gestures or hiding behind running boards etc. than Arriva drivers and I spend most of my time getting photos of Arriva buses. It really depends what drivers are driving at the time really.
Jimmi
13 Jun 2015, 9:46 pm #86

(13 Jun 2015, 9:41 pm)Davie If it was Arriva that doesn't surprise me  (apologises to any Arriva drivers on this forum)
I've had more GNE drivers give rude gestures or hiding behind running boards etc. than Arriva drivers and I spend most of my time getting photos of Arriva buses. It really depends what drivers are driving at the time really.

Davie
Banned
13 Jun 2015, 9:47 pm
(13 Jun 2015, 9:46 pm)Jimmi I've had more GNE drivers give rude gestures or hiding behind running boards etc. than Arriva drivers and I spend most of my time getting photos of Arriva buses. It really depends what drivers are driving at the time really.

Tbh that GCT driver is probably the worst!
Davie
13 Jun 2015, 9:47 pm #87

(13 Jun 2015, 9:46 pm)Jimmi I've had more GNE drivers give rude gestures or hiding behind running boards etc. than Arriva drivers and I spend most of my time getting photos of Arriva buses. It really depends what drivers are driving at the time really.

Tbh that GCT driver is probably the worst!

13 Jun 2015, 9:50 pm
(13 Jun 2015, 9:47 pm)Davie Tbh that GCT driver is probably the worst!

If I'm honest I think Gateshead Central Taxis only have one decent driver, and that's Les who drives the Sainsbury's Shuttle.
LeeCalder
13 Jun 2015, 9:50 pm #88

(13 Jun 2015, 9:47 pm)Davie Tbh that GCT driver is probably the worst!

If I'm honest I think Gateshead Central Taxis only have one decent driver, and that's Les who drives the Sainsbury's Shuttle.

Dan
Site Administrator
14 Jun 2015, 6:34 am

You spend most of your time in the nice parts of the region though! Well, in terms of friendly drivers. Tongue
Dan
14 Jun 2015, 6:34 am #89

You spend most of your time in the nice parts of the region though! Well, in terms of friendly drivers. Tongue

20 Jun 2015, 5:04 pm
Have you ever?
Had a driver drive so slow your going to kill yourself if you don't get off?  I have millions of times

the worst 2 ive ever had was ages ago

1. last year on a Belmont Pulsar all the way from Newcastle to Middlesbrough driver never got above 15 mph apart from the section between Chester and Pity Me where he done 30!!!
but what made it worse is he was driving so eco friendly, ive never heard a Pulsar change so early...............it wasn't in limp mode or anything, just the driver putting the slightest touch on the pedal.

2. This was years ago when 22021 was at Shields, from the Town centre to Chichester I had a decent driver but then changed drivers and the driver never got above 13 or something
yes 13 was the fastest he did and also when braking kept going on and off the brake, jerking everyone back and forth  supposd to take 20 mins to my stop but took 40 instead
everyone was annoyed with the driver.

Im sure everyone has stuff like this but have any been worse than mine?

My New Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/140662069@N02/ - Posts every Weekend at the minimum Smile
South Tyne Lad
20 Jun 2015, 5:04 pm #90

Have you ever?
Had a driver drive so slow your going to kill yourself if you don't get off?  I have millions of times

1. last year on a Belmont Pulsar all the way from Newcastle to Middlesbrough driver never got above 15 mph apart from the section between Chester and Pity Me where he done 30!!!
but what made it worse is he was driving so eco friendly, ive never heard a Pulsar change so early...............it wasn't in limp mode or anything, just the driver putting the slightest touch on the pedal.

2. This was years ago when 22021 was at Shields, from the Town centre to Chichester I had a decent driver but then changed drivers and the driver never got above 13 or something
yes 13 was the fastest he did and also when braking kept going on and off the brake, jerking everyone back and forth  supposd to take 20 mins to my stop but took 40 instead

My New Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/140662069@N02/ - Posts every Weekend at the minimum Smile

20 Jun 2015, 6:15 pm
(20 Jun 2015, 5:04 pm)South Tyne Lad Have you ever?

This morning, 15mph tops on the 30, bus A16 PNX, arrived unusually 10 minutes late, I've never saw that driver before either.
omnicity4659
20 Jun 2015, 6:15 pm #91

This morning, 15mph tops on the 30, bus A16 PNX, arrived unusually 10 minutes late, I've never saw that driver before either.

07 Jul 2015, 5:43 pm
(07 Jul 2015, 5:41 pm)Jimmi Another Scarlet Band face hider Dodgy

Maybe it's just John Cena driving...

[Image: 3760474-7570609115-tumbl.gif]

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
07 Jul 2015, 5:43 pm #93

(07 Jul 2015, 5:41 pm)Jimmi Another Scarlet Band face hider Dodgy

Maybe it's just John Cena driving...

[Image: 3760474-7570609115-tumbl.gif]

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook

11 Jul 2015, 2:41 pm

There is a Stagecoach South Shields driver that keeps (or kept) randomly pressing the brakes which I find very annoying as it made my mother feel sick on a journey home from Sunderland. For example, once on the Coast Road when there was no cars in front he would just speed up and brake, speed up and brake, and so on. Unsurprisingly, I seen one of the training buses a few weeks ago with him at the wheel, as if another passenger had complained about him.

In addition, when I was at secondary school I and fellow pupils were standing at the bus stop outside Whitburn Cricket Club. At 15:41 the E2 was due. Instead a N.I.S bus turned up, the driver stuck his middle finger up with an angry expression on his face, let some passengers that were still on the bus get off, and he drove off. I couldn't believe my eye's when he swore like that, as it was totally uncalled for. Thankfully the E2 turned up immediately after and I haven't seen that driver since that day.
AIG20
11 Jul 2015, 2:41 pm #94

There is a Stagecoach South Shields driver that keeps (or kept) randomly pressing the brakes which I find very annoying as it made my mother feel sick on a journey home from Sunderland. For example, once on the Coast Road when there was no cars in front he would just speed up and brake, speed up and brake, and so on. Unsurprisingly, I seen one of the training buses a few weeks ago with him at the wheel, as if another passenger had complained about him.

In addition, when I was at secondary school I and fellow pupils were standing at the bus stop outside Whitburn Cricket Club. At 15:41 the E2 was due. Instead a N.I.S bus turned up, the driver stuck his middle finger up with an angry expression on his face, let some passengers that were still on the bus get off, and he drove off. I couldn't believe my eye's when he swore like that, as it was totally uncalled for. Thankfully the E2 turned up immediately after and I haven't seen that driver since that day.

11 Jul 2015, 6:30 pm
(11 Jul 2015, 2:41 pm)AIG20 There is a Stagecoach South Shields driver that keeps (or kept) randomly pressing the brakes which I find very annoying as it made my mother feel sick on a journey home from Sunderland. For example, once on the Coast Road when there was no cars in front he would just speed up and brake, speed up and brake, and so on. Unsurprisingly, I seen one of the training buses a few weeks ago with him at the wheel, as if another passenger had complained about him.

was the driver that keeps braking quite young? if so its the same driver that drove 22021 in my post.

Bloody hell never knew a shields driver that sticks his finger up at people for fun!

South Tyne Lad
11 Jul 2015, 6:30 pm #95

(11 Jul 2015, 2:41 pm)AIG20 There is a Stagecoach South Shields driver that keeps (or kept) randomly pressing the brakes which I find very annoying as it made my mother feel sick on a journey home from Sunderland. For example, once on the Coast Road when there was no cars in front he would just speed up and brake, speed up and brake, and so on. Unsurprisingly, I seen one of the training buses a few weeks ago with him at the wheel, as if another passenger had complained about him.

was the driver that keeps braking quite young? if so its the same driver that drove 22021 in my post.

Bloody hell never knew a shields driver that sticks his finger up at people for fun!

12 Jul 2015, 12:48 am

Are you sure he wasn't just pointing to the NIS screen on the front? Can easily be misconstrued as a rude gesture though, which is why I never do that, instead just wave lol

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

tyresmoke
12 Jul 2015, 12:48 am #96

Are you sure he wasn't just pointing to the NIS screen on the front? Can easily be misconstrued as a rude gesture though, which is why I never do that, instead just wave lol

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

12 Jul 2015, 6:55 am
(12 Jul 2015, 12:48 am)tyresmoke Are you sure he wasn't just pointing to the NIS screen on the front? Can easily be misconstrued as a rude gesture though, which is why I never do that, instead just wave lol

Aye, with 2 fingers I bet.....Tongue
citaro5284
12 Jul 2015, 6:55 am #97

(12 Jul 2015, 12:48 am)tyresmoke Are you sure he wasn't just pointing to the NIS screen on the front? Can easily be misconstrued as a rude gesture though, which is why I never do that, instead just wave lol

Aye, with 2 fingers I bet.....Tongue

23 Jul 2015, 8:00 pm
Just to add something a bit nicer to this thread, I always get a smile and sometimes a wave from Chester's John Westmorland.

[Image: 19265763954_deb5ca8951.jpg]Go North East: 6065 / NK62 CME by Lee  Robert Calder, on Flickr
LeeCalder
23 Jul 2015, 8:00 pm #98

Just to add something a bit nicer to this thread, I always get a smile and sometimes a wave from Chester's John Westmorland.

[Image: 19265763954_deb5ca8951.jpg]Go North East: 6065 / NK62 CME by Lee  Robert Calder, on Flickr

Diamond One
Banned
23 Jul 2015, 8:27 pm
(23 Jul 2015, 8:00 pm)LeeCalder Just to add something a bit nicer to this thread, I always get a smile and sometimes a wave from Chester's John Westmorland.

he is a canny driver ive seen him on almost all of Chester-le-Street routes and a few extra services like Metro Replacement and events shuttles and really rare was a Fab Fifty Six Scania Wright Solar
Diamond One
23 Jul 2015, 8:27 pm #99

(23 Jul 2015, 8:00 pm)LeeCalder Just to add something a bit nicer to this thread, I always get a smile and sometimes a wave from Chester's John Westmorland.

he is a canny driver ive seen him on almost all of Chester-le-Street routes and a few extra services like Metro Replacement and events shuttles and really rare was a Fab Fifty Six Scania Wright Solar

MrFozz
Marxista Fozzski
23 Jul 2015, 8:32 pm
Me and Jimmi got a smile and thumbs up at Park Lane from a Nat Ex driver Big Grin
MrFozz
23 Jul 2015, 8:32 pm #100

Me and Jimmi got a smile and thumbs up at Park Lane from a Nat Ex driver Big Grin

Pages (6): Previous 14 5 6 Next

• 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average