You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

RE: Have you ever..?
(20 Jun 2015, 5:04 pm)South Tyne Lad wrote Have you ever?
Had a driver drive so slow your going to kill yourself if you don't get off?  I have millions of times

the worst 2 ive ever had was ages ago

1. last year on a Belmont Pulsar all the way from Newcastle to Middlesbrough driver never got above 15 mph apart from the section between Chester and Pity Me where he done 30!!!
but what made it worse is he was driving so eco friendly, ive never heard a Pulsar change so early...............it wasn't in limp mode or anything, just the driver putting the slightest touch on the pedal.

2. This was years ago when 22021 was at Shields, from the Town centre to Chichester I had a decent driver but then changed drivers and the driver never got above 13 or something
yes 13 was the fastest he did and also when braking kept going on and off the brake, jerking everyone back and forth  supposd to take 20 mins to my stop but took 40 instead
everyone was annoyed with the driver.

Im sure everyone has stuff like this but have any been worse than mine?

This morning, 15mph tops on the 30, bus A16 PNX, arrived unusually 10 minutes late, I've never saw that driver before either.
(20 Jun 2015, 5:04 pm)South Tyne Lad wrote Have you ever?
Had a driver drive so slow your going to kill yourself if you don't get off?  I have millions of times

the worst 2 ive ever had was ages ago

1. last year on a Belmont Pulsar all the way from Newcastle to Middlesbrough driver never got above 15 mph apart from the section between Chester and Pity Me where he done 30!!!
but what made it worse is he was driving so eco friendly, ive never heard a Pulsar change so early...............it wasn't in limp mode or anything, just the driver putting the slightest touch on the pedal.

2. This was years ago when 22021 was at Shields, from the Town centre to Chichester I had a decent driver but then changed drivers and the driver never got above 13 or something
yes 13 was the fastest he did and also when braking kept going on and off the brake, jerking everyone back and forth  supposd to take 20 mins to my stop but took 40 instead
everyone was annoyed with the driver.

Im sure everyone has stuff like this but have any been worse than mine?

There is a Stagecoach South Shields driver that keeps (or kept) randomly pressing the brakes which I find very annoying as it made my mother feel sick on a journey home from Sunderland. For example, once on the Coast Road when there was no cars in front he would just speed up and brake, speed up and brake, and so on. Unsurprisingly, I seen one of the training buses a few weeks ago with him at the wheel, as if another passenger had complained about him.

In addition, when I was at secondary school I and fellow pupils were standing at the bus stop outside Whitburn Cricket Club. At 15:41 the E2 was due. Instead a N.I.S bus turned up, the driver stuck his middle finger up with an angry expression on his face, let some passengers that were still on the bus get off, and he drove off. I couldn't believe my eye's when he swore like that, as it was totally uncalled for. Thankfully the E2 turned up immediately after and I haven't seen that driver since that day.
(11 Jul 2015, 2:41 pm)AIG20 wrote There is a Stagecoach South Shields driver that keeps (or kept) randomly pressing the brakes which I find very annoying as it made my mother feel sick on a journey home from Sunderland. For example, once on the Coast Road when there was no cars in front he would just speed up and brake, speed up and brake, and so on. Unsurprisingly, I seen one of the training buses a few weeks ago with him at the wheel, as if another passenger had complained about him.

In addition, when I was at secondary school I and fellow pupils were standing at the bus stop outside Whitburn Cricket Club. At 15:41 the E2 was due. Instead a N.I.S bus turned up, the driver stuck his middle finger up with an angry expression on his face, let some passengers that were still on the bus get off, and he drove off. I couldn't believe my eye's when he swore like that, as it was totally uncalled for. Thankfully the E2 turned up immediately after and I haven't seen that driver since that day.

was the driver that keeps braking quite young? if so its the same driver that drove 22021 in my post.

Bloody hell never knew a shields driver that sticks his finger up at people for fun!
My New Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/140662069@N02/ - Posts every Weekend at the minimum Smile
(11 Jul 2015, 2:41 pm)AIG20 wrote There is a Stagecoach South Shields driver that keeps (or kept) randomly pressing the brakes which I find very annoying as it made my mother feel sick on a journey home from Sunderland. For example, once on the Coast Road when there was no cars in front he would just speed up and brake, speed up and brake, and so on. Unsurprisingly, I seen one of the training buses a few weeks ago with him at the wheel, as if another passenger had complained about him.

Are you sure he wasn't just pointing to the NIS screen on the front? Can easily be misconstrued as a rude gesture though, which is why I never do that, instead just wave lol

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

(12 Jul 2015, 12:48 am)tyresmoke wrote Are you sure he wasn't just pointing to the NIS screen on the front? Can easily be misconstrued as a rude gesture though, which is why I never do that, instead just wave lol

Aye, with 2 fingers I bet.....Tongue
(23 Jul 2015, 8:00 pm)LeeCalder wrote Just to add something a bit nicer to this thread, I always get a smile and sometimes a wave from Chester's John Westmorland.

[Image: 19265763954_deb5ca8951.jpg]Go North East: 6065 / NK62 CME by Lee  Robert Calder, on Flickr

he is a canny driver ive seen him on almost all of Chester-le-Street routes and a few extra services like Metro Replacement and events shuttles and really rare was a Fab Fifty Six Scania Wright Solar
Favourite Company is: Go North East
Favourite Operator in UK is: EYMS
Owner of Bella the Cat

Mood right now: Fustrated and Feel Left Out
(23 Jul 2015, 9:11 pm)South Tyne Lad wrote Bloddy hell!! A NatEx Driver? Yous are lucky.
If you think that's surprising it looks like we were getting a wave from a Gateshead Central Taxis driver in the linked photo.
https://flic.kr/p/wgrSbr
Site Administrator
(23 Jul 2015, 9:54 pm)Jimmi wrote If you think that's surprising it looks like we were getting a wave from a Gateshead Central Taxis driver in the linked photo.
https://flic.kr/p/wgrSbr

He's always been decent - he gave me a thumbs up when they first got the Solos and I've gotten a wave from him several times since.

Think he was the guy driving the E200 I got a photo of at Park Lane the other week - the driver slowed down and waved.
(26 Aug 2015, 6:27 pm)Jimmi wrote I've gotten a few thumbs up from drivers whilst I've been out and about taking photos, but today I got my first thumbs down, unless he was giving me his review of 2503!
I think he's moreso covering his face, whilst maintaining the hand position he'd have on the wheel.
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
I reckon you're both right lol! It got passed between Darlington and Durham numerous times for a reason...

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

(28 Jan 2016, 9:11 pm)BusLoverMum wrote Such a nice chap.
At least the second time he's done this to me. It was the first V the enthusiast that was with me on Monday has received. We also got called 'f***ing bus weirdos' by some random in Harrogate Bus Station.
(13 Oct 2015, 3:49 pm)Jimmi wrote Twos up from a Dales & District driver on the X34 in Darlington today.
https://flic.kr/p/zrDKUW

(28 Jan 2016, 3:25 pm)Jimmi wrote Repeat offender.
https://flic.kr/p/CyxCGQ

Since around June last year me and fellow enthusiast Alex Garwood have had a bit of a long running dispute with a Dales & District driver, think I first got a V sign from him on my first trip to Ripon back in June then for a second time in the first quoted post, on the third occasion (second quoted post) me and Alex were in Ripon Bus Station getting photos and a V sign was aimed at us, this was Alex's first bit of abuse from a driver in the hobby and he decided to complain to Dales & District. Since the complaint was made no more offensive hand gestures have been made but on a few occasions we have gotten stares from the driver in question.

Alex took another photo in Darlington this morning with said driver at the wheel and this is what he has claimed has happened today: https://flic.kr/p/FBRzQh
Note: Moments after this photo was taken, the driver (who I've had trouble with before) noticed that I had a camera on me and also realised that he knew who I was. As a result, he got out his phone and took a photo of me and then proper stared at me for the five minutes that he was there, making him look proper werid and perhaps making me feel slightly uncomfortable in a way.

I don't know about Alex but I'm starting to get a bit fed up of this, I am now at the stage where I don't wish to do any outings on Dales & District service's in case I get said driver and he kicks up a fuss, a big potential fear is that he could refuse me travel which knowing my luck if it were to happen it would end up being if I was waiting in Ripon where there is little in the way of alternative ways to return to Darlington.

Sad
(28 Mar 2016, 7:46 pm)Jimmi wrote Since around June last year me and fellow enthusiast Alex Garwood have had a bit of a long running dispute with a Dales & District driver, think I first got a V sign from him on my first trip to Ripon back in June then for a second time in the first quoted post, on the third occasion (second quoted post) me and Alex were in Ripon Bus Station getting photos and a V sign was aimed at us, this was Alex's first bit of abuse from a driver in the hobby and he decided to complain to Dales & District. Since the complaint was made no more offensive hand gestures have been made but on a few occasions we have gotten stares from the driver in question.

Alex took another photo in Darlington this morning with said driver at the wheel and this is what he has claimed has happened today: https://flic.kr/p/FBRzQh

I don't know about Alex but I'm starting to get a bit fed up of this, I am now at the stage where I don't wish to do any outings on Dales & District service's in case I get said driver and he kicks up a fuss, a big potential fear is that he could refuse me travel which knowing my luck if it were to happen it would end up being if I was waiting in Ripon where there is little in the way of alternative ways to return to Darlington.

Sad

Report him then hell be the scared one
Best bus ever
(28 Mar 2016, 7:48 pm)biglugs@yahoo.com wrote Report him then hell be the scared one

Report him for what? Taking photos in a public place?

Whilst I don't agree with verbal abuse or hand gestures, he's not doing anything wrong by taking photos in a public place. Just as enthusiasts taking photos of buses aren't.
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
(28 Mar 2016, 7:54 pm)Adrian wrote Report him for what? Taking photos in a public place?

Whilst I don't agree with verbal abuse or hand gestures, he's not doing anything wrong by taking photos in a public place. Just as enthusiasts taking photos of buses aren't.

No no no no I was referring to the driver
Best bus ever
(28 Mar 2016, 7:46 pm)Jimmi wrote Since around June last year me and fellow enthusiast Alex Garwood have had a bit of a long running dispute with a Dales & District driver, think I first got a V sign from him on my first trip to Ripon back in June then for a second time in the first quoted post, on the third occasion (second quoted post) me and Alex were in Ripon Bus Station getting photos and a V sign was aimed at us, this was Alex's first bit of abuse from a driver in the hobby and he decided to complain to Dales & District. Since the complaint was made no more offensive hand gestures have been made but on a few occasions we have gotten stares from the driver in question.

Sad

He's in need of an IDS head massage

https://twitter.com/hashtag/IDSHeadMassage?src=hash