Menu

Pages (44)    14 5 644   
big mac   06 Jul 2015, 6:34 pm
(05 Jul 2015, 7:23 pm)Dan wrote Totally agree that it will be more vulnerable to getting stuck in traffic (I've had to endure a 93 taking 15 minutes to get to the A184/Tyne Bridge junction on many occasions), but I'd imagine that it'd be too confusing to customers to have both the Q1 (Newcastle-bound) and Q1 (Heworth/Wrekenton-bound) serving Jackson Street and Gateshead High Street.

I wonder if it will depart from the same stand at Gateshead Interchange as it does now?  The stands aren't shown on the timetable.
citaro5284   06 Jul 2015, 6:38 pm
(06 Jul 2015, 6:34 pm)big mac wrote I wonder if it will depart from the same stand at Gateshead Interchange as it does now?  The stands aren't shown on the timetable.

Doubt it will have its own dedicated stand as it does now.  Guessing towards Newcastle the Q1 will use the normal stand as everything else does heading into Newcastle.
Adrian   06 Jul 2015, 6:46 pm
Moderation note: I've removed about 15 irrelevant posts that are completely off topic. I'd made the point earlier that the thread had became off topic, and it continued on for the said amount of posts. 

Please use the 'report' button in future. We don't need 5 or 6 members pointing out that something is off topic. We're capable of spotting that ourselves! Smile

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian   06 Jul 2015, 6:48 pm
(06 Jul 2015, 6:38 pm)citaro5284 wrote Doubt it will have its own dedicated stand as it does now.  Guessing towards Newcastle the Q1 will use the normal stand as everything else does heading into Newcastle.

That's a shame. I thought it would be the least Nexus could do, given that they've been bailed out by a commercial operation with the Quaylink! 

If push comes to shove, another idea would be for the Quaylink and Saltwell Park services to share the current Quaylink stand. This would create potential to 'brand' the stand.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Dan   06 Jul 2015, 6:51 pm
(06 Jul 2015, 6:48 pm)aureolin wrote That's a shame. I thought it would be the least Nexus could do, given that they've been bailed out by a commercial operation with the Quaylink! 

If push comes to shove, another idea would be for the Quaylink and Saltwell Park services to share the current Quaylink stand. This would create potential to 'brand' the stand.

I would have preferred to see the Newcastle-bound Q1 using the same stand as present, with the Loop 93 joining it on this stand, given that both have been combined to provide a 7.5 minute frequency on the Gateshead Interchange to Gateshead College corridor.
big mac   06 Jul 2015, 7:01 pm
(06 Jul 2015, 6:38 pm)citaro5284 wrote Doubt it will have its own dedicated stand as it does now.  Guessing towards Newcastle the Q1 will use the normal stand as everything else does heading into Newcastle.

I think it should serve a different stand to all of the other buses heading to Newcastle ie the same stand as it does now, because people will be looking to specifically board the Q1 to go to the Quayside or Gateshead College, rather than just be waiting to catch any bus that comes in heading to Newcastle.  It could be a bit of a hassle for those waiting for it to pull in behind all the other buses using the Newcastle stand at the same time.
citaro5284   06 Jul 2015, 7:03 pm
(06 Jul 2015, 7:01 pm)big mac wrote I think it should serve a different stand to all of the other buses heading to Newcastle ie the same stand as it does now, because people will be looking to specifically board the Q1 to go to the Quayside or Gateshead College, rather than just be waiting to catch any bus that comes in heading to Newcastle.  It could be a bit of a hassle for those waiting for it to pull in behind all the other buses using the Newcastle stand at the same time.

I think there is discussions with Nexus, as at the end of the day, it is their decision what goes from where.
big mac   06 Jul 2015, 7:09 pm
(06 Jul 2015, 7:03 pm)citaro5284 wrote I think there is discussions with Nexus, as at the end of the day, it is their decision what goes from where.

Same stand as the 93 isn't a bad idea as has previously been suggested here.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Diamond One   06 Jul 2015, 7:12 pm
(06 Jul 2015, 6:19 pm)aureolin wrote I really can't see what relevance this has to Go North East branding a bus in 'Metro Radio' livery!
i was feeling like this when it first came out of the paint shop but now i don't since its been branded
(06 Jul 2015, 6:32 pm)Bus_User wrote The way I took it is that when he first saw the livery without the vinyls, he nearly felt physically sick because he thought it looked horrible. I could be completely wrong. 

Of course, Bazza has his own ways of doing comparisons and I do find them a bit confusing yet  also unique at the same time!

it did look sick when i first saw it on the net emerge from Saltmeadows anyhow my photo of it is here https://www.flickr.com/photos/bazza90/19...ed-public/
Davie   06 Jul 2015, 7:35 pm
I forgot to mention this yesterday, but riverside based Fab Fifty Seven branded 5167 has a red door
Attached Files
.jpg
DSC04259.JPG (Size 8.27 MB Downloads 23)
Diamond One   07 Jul 2015, 12:20 am
Email I got from Go North East
Attached Files
.jpg
image.jpg (Size 185.63 KB Downloads 39)
LeeCalder   07 Jul 2015, 6:48 am
(07 Jul 2015, 12:20 am)Diamond One wrote Email I got from Go North East

Most people will have received that email, Bazza.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Michael   07 Jul 2015, 6:53 am
(07 Jul 2015, 6:48 am)LeeCalder wrote Most people will have received that email, Bazza.

I bloody didn't even though i'm signed up to receive stuff like that!

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Dan   07 Jul 2015, 6:55 am
(07 Jul 2015, 6:48 am)LeeCalder wrote Most people will have received that email, Bazza.

That's one thing Go North East are really good with - e-mailing customers to alert them of service changes and suchlike. Don't know whether it's from my Key Card or my days on the Passenger Panel, but I am on a mailing list and regularly receive e-mails from Go North East.

Pretty sure I signed up to this sort of thing for Arriva and Stagecoach too, but never seem to get anything from them.

(07 Jul 2015, 6:53 am)Michael wrote I bloody didn't even though i'm signed up to receive stuff like that!

Not 100% given that it's not my department, but I'd imagine you aren't in the 'catchment area' for these changes, so to speak...

Pointless e-mailing your customers who live in Sunderland, Peterlee, etc, to advertise service changes over in Gateshead. Chances are it will mean nothing to them, and the e-mails won't be as effective. If a customer received an e-mail each and every time there was service changes, they may not read the e-mail that may be of interest to them in the future. As Bazza lives in Hebburn, not too far out from the areas which will see service changes, he was probably included. Fingers crossed Adam from the Wrekenton area received this e-mail..!
LeeCalder   07 Jul 2015, 6:58 am
(07 Jul 2015, 6:55 am)Dan wrote That's one thing Go North East are really good with - e-mailing customers to alert them of service changes and suchlike. Don't know whether it's from my Key Card or my days on the Passenger Panel, but I am on a mailing list and regularly receive e-mails from Go North East.

Pretty sure I signed up to this sort of thing for Arriva and Stagecoach too, but never seem to get anything from them.

I agree totally Dan. I never receive anything from Stagecoach or Arriva but I receive plenty of emails off Go North East. It's obviously one of their best marketing tools, and it works.
Michael   07 Jul 2015, 7:06 am
(07 Jul 2015, 6:55 am)Dan wrote Not 100% given that it's not my department, but I'd imagine you aren't in the 'catchment area' for these changes, so to speak...

Pointless e-mailing your customers who live in Sunderland, Peterlee, etc, to advertise service changes over in Gateshead. Chances are it will mean nothing to them, and the e-mails won't be as effective. If a customer received an e-mail each and every time there was service changes, they may not read the e-mail that may be of interest to them in the future. As Bazza lives in Hebburn, not too far out from the areas which will see service changes, he was probably included. Fingers crossed Adam from the Wrekenton area received this e-mail..!

Well that's daft what if i used the services which were changing as a weekly service........like the X36 to Heworth then the 51 for example.

I didn't even receive at an email for the last set of Sunderland changes.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Michael   07 Jul 2015, 7:07 am
(07 Jul 2015, 6:58 am)LeeCalder wrote I agree totally Dan. I never receive anything from Stagecoach or Arriva but I receive plenty of emails off Go North East. It's obviously one of their best marketing tools, and it works.

I don't either but its rarely Stagecoach ever change their services though. 

As for Arriva - not sure they have a option to receive stuff by email?

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
LeeCalder   07 Jul 2015, 7:10 am
(07 Jul 2015, 7:07 am)Michael wrote I don't either but its rarely Stagecoach ever change their services though. 

As for Arriva - not sure they have a option to receive stuff by email?

It would be nice for Stagecoach to keep their cutomers updated though, but I suppose they probably have a different way of doing that.

As for Arriva, I signed up for their email scheme in like 2011 so whether they still do it or not is another thing. I haven't received anything off them for a long while now so I have a feeling they've done away with it.
GuyParkRoyal   07 Jul 2015, 7:13 am
Bluegrass Research are running a survey with members of the Go North East Passenger Panel on the subject of Liesure Time Transport.
Jimmi   07 Jul 2015, 7:20 am
(07 Jul 2015, 7:07 am)Michael wrote As for Arriva - not sure they have a option to receive stuff by email?

I know you can get emails from Arriva if you sign up to use WiFi on their buses. Didn't get any emails from Arriva until about a year after Sapphire was launched on the 7, am finally getting emails from them now although it is just deals and such and I still don't receive that many.

No idea about GNE as I haven't registered for anything with them.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Dan   07 Jul 2015, 7:39 am
(07 Jul 2015, 7:06 am)Michael wrote Well that's daft what if i used the services which were changing as a weekly service........like the X36 to Heworth then the 51 for example.

I didn't even receive at an email for the last set of Sunderland changes.

You're saying "what if"... The real question is - do you?  Tongue

I think we've had a similar debate in the past regarding catchment areas. I honestly doubt many customers in the Sunderland and Peterlee areas (for example) would use a bus from those areas to connect to one of the ones being revised at the end of this month. I believe there have been leaflets and other publications posted to houses on the Orbit 51/52 routes to advertise the service revisions - again, there would be no point posting these in houses within Sunderland, as the chances are, they'll rarely use the services in question. There may be a couple of exceptions to this, but there are other ways in which they can find out information regarding the changes, such as through Social Media and Go North East's website.

Again, as I said in my original post, if "normal" customers received an e-mail about every single service revision (most of which probably won't even affect them), it makes the e-mails less effective. I know I receive some personal e-mails and a lot of them simply get ignored, as I receive the e-mails so often. I've come to the conclusion that the information contained within probably isn't of great interest (and if it is, I will probably be prompted to view the e-mail by someone else). I'd imagine that it'll be a similar story for "normal" customers in this situation, too.

(07 Jul 2015, 7:13 am)GuyParkRoyal wrote Bluegrass Research are running a survey with members of the Go North East Passenger Panel on the subject of Liesure Time Transport.

For those who aren't a part of the Passenger Panel and would like to see the survey, see attached screenshots. Note that some of the questions are related to some of my answers, but you can get the general idea...

.png
PP_1.png (Size 62.76 KB Downloads 36)

.png
PP_2.png (Size 57 KB Downloads 26)

.png
PP_3.png (Size 48.49 KB Downloads 17)

.png
PP_4.png (Size 60.24 KB Downloads 20)

.png
PP_5.png (Size 46.91 KB Downloads 22)

.png
PP_6.png (Size 56.92 KB Downloads 17)

.png
PP_7.png (Size 57.07 KB Downloads 22)

.png
PP_8.png (Size 57.04 KB Downloads 24)

.png
PP_9.png (Size 56.04 KB Downloads 16)

.png
PP_10.png (Size 59.45 KB Downloads 28)

.png
PP_11.png (Size 59.13 KB Downloads 19)

.png
PP_12.png (Size 54.77 KB Downloads 19)

.png
PP_13.png (Size 53.23 KB Downloads 18)

.png
PP_14.png (Size 67.52 KB Downloads 30)

.png
PP_15.png (Size 46.68 KB Downloads 20)
Davie   07 Jul 2015, 11:40 am
Does anybody know if the Streetdeck has arrived yet?
Dan   07 Jul 2015, 11:54 am
(07 Jul 2015, 11:40 am)Davie wrote Does anybody know if the Streetdeck has arrived yet?

No it hasn't - I'm sure it will be noted on the forum when it has arrived.

Former "The Orbit" branded Optare Versa V1110/Optare 8330 (NK11 HDO) and 8331 (NK11 HJX) have arrived at Saltmeadows Road for repaint into a plain yellow base livery, ahead of the service revisions at the end of this month. As such, just three of each branded Optare Versa (8313/15/16 for QuayLink, 8332/35/37 for Orbit) remain to be repainted, as well as the two plain purple former "SimpliCity" branded examples (8328/29).

I'd suggest that it'd be a good idea to be on the lookout for 8311 (NK10 GNZ)... Rolleyes
Michael   07 Jul 2015, 12:02 pm
Anyone know whats happening with rest of the Crusader Citaro's, will they be repainted Silver to?

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Malarkey   07 Jul 2015, 12:12 pm
(07 Jul 2015, 12:02 pm)Michael wrote Anyone know whats happening with rest of the Crusader Citaro's, will they be repainted Silver to?

Only time will tell, guess they will be done once the Quaylink/Orbit Repaints have concluded as those Citaros are a right state.

8243 is on Driver Training in the Washington Area, seen around 10 Minutes ago coming through Lambton heading towards The Galleries, guessing they were doing the 82 Route maybe, although they could of been doing the 2/50.
Davie   07 Jul 2015, 12:12 pm
(07 Jul 2015, 12:02 pm)Michael wrote Anyone know whats happening with rest of the Crusader Citaro's, will they be repainted Silver to?

I'm not sure but 5310 has lost it's rear advertisment
Michael   07 Jul 2015, 12:16 pm
(07 Jul 2015, 12:12 pm)Malarkey wrote Only time will tell, guess they will be done once the Quaylink/Orbit Repaints have concluded as those Citaros are a right state.

8243 is on Driver Training in the Washington Area, seen around 10 Minutes ago coming through Lambton heading towards The Galleries, guessing they were doing the 82 Route maybe, although they could of been doing the 2/50.

Also the Cadets for the "Black Cats" and the Gold Citaro's......... haha 

They seem to of started them and stopped then decided to start something new, it was known the Versa's would go in at sometime along with something else, which i think people would of being the Crusader Citaro's....

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Davie   07 Jul 2015, 12:24 pm
(07 Jul 2015, 12:16 pm)Michael wrote Also the Cadets for the "Black Cats" and the Gold Citaro's......... haha 

They seem to of started them and stopped then decided to start something new, it was known the Versa's would go in at sometime along with something else, which i think people would of being the Crusader Citaro's....

If you can remember when 5210 was repainted, I think it was plain yellow for 9 months (Or something like that)
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Malarkey   07 Jul 2015, 12:36 pm
(07 Jul 2015, 12:16 pm)Michael wrote Also the Cadets for the "Black Cats" and the Gold Citaro's......... haha 

Cant see the point in branding the Cadets "Black Cats" when they will need to be Withdrawn within the next 17 Months, Personally think the Gold Citaros should of been painted Red and Branded "Black Cats", think the proposed Livery would of looked brilliant on the Mercs.

But when they stopped doing the Crusaders/B7TL Presidents, that was when the Streetlites started to Arrive for the X66, Red Kite and C&C and prepared for entering service, Then the Omnidekkas arrived from Brighton and they all needed Repainting before entering service, not that the above has been completed, Saltmeadows can now resume with Repaints of Vehicles currently in the Fleet as they are doing now with the Quaylink/Orbits & Gold Citaros.

Think BusmanT said the East Durham Solo SRs were due to be Delivered also.
Michael   07 Jul 2015, 12:41 pm
(07 Jul 2015, 12:36 pm)Malarkey wrote Cant see the point in branding the Cadets "Black Cats" when they will need to be Withdrawn within the next 17 Months, Personally think the Gold Citaros should of been painted Red and Branded "Black Cats", think the proposed Livery would of looked brilliant on the Mercs.

But when they stopped doing the Crusaders/B7TL Presidents, that was when the Streetlites started to Arrive for the X66, Red Kite and C&C and prepared for entering service, Then the Omnidekkas arrived from Brighton and they all needed Repainting before entering service, not that the above has been completed, Saltmeadows can now resume with Repaints of Vehicles currently in the Fleet as they are doing now with the Quaylink/Orbits & Gold Citaros.

Think BusmanT said the East Durham Solo SRs were due to be Delivered also.

Forgot about the East Durham Solo SR's being due.... 

I would of liked to see it on the Citaro's more than the Cadets..... would be good to see the 35/35A/36 also gain "Black Cats" brand but on the gold base... would be good to see it on all of the non branded routes in Sunderland, if i'm being honest!

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Pages (44)    14 5 644