You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Arriva North East: Latest News and Discussion - April 2016

Arriva North East: Latest News and Discussion - April 2016

RE: Arriva North East: Latest News and Discussion - April 2016
(07 Apr 2016, 12:04 pm)TEN 6083 wrote [Image: ea4d0b644208c68a3cf52ee0a59b337a.jpg]

Arriva are using 1323 for their event in Durham today, didn't stay for the magic act

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wonder how many did stay. It became a little, er, inclement!
(07 Apr 2016, 12:57 pm)Cock Robin wrote Looks like its been polished.

Nothing was done about the kerb scrapes towards the back, when it was painted. Somewhat spoils the effect, close up.
I'm gussing here that 1808 works either of the two Redcar/Dormanstown boards leaving M'bro at either 0850 or 0950 ? Just wondering if an Explorer day out is looking good for the weekend.
(07 Apr 2016, 2:21 pm)scania driver wrote I'm gussing here that 1808 works either of the two Redcar/Dormanstown boards leaving M'bro at either 0850 or 0950 ? Just wondering if an Explorer day out is looking good for the weekend.
Yep, one of those two. Think it's been the 08:50 most days although apparently a B7 was on that run this morning.
(07 Apr 2016, 2:23 pm)Jimmi wrote Yep, one of those two. Think it's been the 08:50 most days although apparently a B7 was on that run this morning.

Thanks Jimmi.
An update on Frequenta 64.

1324 and 1325 are currently unbranded, 1325 appeared to come back from Thornton's today as I saw it on the A1 near the Metrocentre around 11:30 this morning with it appearing on the 64 this afternoon.

1326 has yet to be repainted.
(10 Apr 2016, 4:09 pm)Michael wrote Any news on the Arriva order for new buses?

Nothing new for us this year.

2829 has returned to Stockton following repaint.
.jpeg image.jpeg
(11 Apr 2016, 9:04 am)tyresmoke wrote Nothing new for us this year.

2829 has returned to Stockton following repaint.

Cheers Tyresmoke.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(07 Apr 2016, 4:58 pm)Jimmi wrote An update on Frequenta 64.

1324 and 1325 are currently unbranded, 1325 appeared to come back from Thornton's today as I saw it on the A1 near the Metrocentre around 11:30 this morning with it appearing on the 64 this afternoon.

1326 has yet to be repainted.

1327 is now branded, apparently.
(11 Apr 2016, 12:32 pm)mb134 wrote Any reason why an X10/11 branded Gemini is sat in Ashington depot?

Maybe for trail on the X14, X15, X18 and X20?
(11 Apr 2016, 12:32 pm)mb134 wrote Any reason why an X10/11 branded Gemini is sat in Ashington depot?

Probably just getting repaired or something at Ashington, the mechanics at Ashington are apparently the best in Arriva North East
"What disruption will there be?

The works will be carried out 7.00am - 7.00pm, subject to some on and off-peak restrictions.

We aim to restrict the most disruptive work to off-peak hours, weekends and overnight, although there will be some significant unavoidable disruption and delays.

The subway under Leazes Road, next to the roundabout, will be closed throughout the works.

The works will be carried out in five phases. More detail about each work phase is below."

Doesn't make sense! - If they're only working 7am to 7pm how can they do it overnight?!
2 brand new bus stops have appeared over the past day or two next to Morrisons on Schalksmuhle Road in Bedlington, finally a point to the X22 running along there?
(14 Apr 2016, 12:38 pm)scania driver wrote Hasn't taken long for 1808 to fall by the wayside.

Completely had it by the sound of it. Was speaking to a Redcar driver yesterday about that one and he said the retarder got stuck on and jammed the back axle. 7416 has been drafted in as a replacement.
(14 Apr 2016, 6:00 pm)mb134 wrote 2 brand new bus stops have appeared over the past day or two next to Morrisons on Schalksmuhle Road in Bedlington, finally a point to the X22 running along there?

Yes, these stops are for the X22. Next stop announcements are going to be updated soon.
(15 Apr 2016, 1:14 pm)GX03 SVC wrote Yes, these stops are for the X22. Next stop announcements are going to be updated soon.

Drove past again this morning, no timetables in them yet, do Arriva have to register them as a change?
(15 Apr 2016, 1:23 pm)mb134 wrote Drove past again this morning, no timetables in them yet, do Arriva have to register them as a change?

Drivers have been requested to stop at them if there's people waiting, but aren't allowed let people off. I'd assume that they'll become fully operational on the next timetable change?
(15 Apr 2016, 1:14 pm)GX03 SVC wrote Yes, these stops are for the X22. Next stop announcements are going to be updated soon.
Wish they'd get round to sorting the next stop announcements on the Darlington 5/5A and 7 where extra stops have been added in the route and the 5/5A had a small route change. They are no further forward at updating these though!
(15 Apr 2016, 11:57 am)Multi21 wrote Completely had it by the sound of it. Was speaking to a Redcar driver yesterday about that one and he said the retarder got stuck on and jammed the back axle. 7416 has been drafted in as a replacement.

The saga goes on ? First it was the 12xx series coaches, then the Scanias. They've tried E400's (75xx series) which they ran into the ground ; 7485 et al we know to be unsuitable for the hills and it won't be long, at this rate, before the BTL9's are past their best. Now we've got an ex-London cascade drafted into fill the gap. What sort of impression does this create. Not a good one in my eyes.
(15 Apr 2016, 2:17 pm)scania driver wrote The saga goes on ? First it was the 12xx series coaches, then the Scanias. They've tried E400's (75xx series) which they ran into the ground ; 7485 et al we know to be unsuitable for the hills and it won't be long, at this rate, before the BTL9's are past their best. Now we've got an ex-London cascade drafted into fill the gap. What sort of impression does this create. Not a good one in my eyes.

Though common sense would prevail that the B9TL Olypouses are past there best too, They were new in 2008 and are a few months younger than the Euro 4 E400s that ran on the X93 a few years ago.
8 years of service work plus now the added addition of the X93 to cover for half of every year.
The dilemma will more likely go on in a few years time with the Gemini B9TLs, The routes too demanding to have buses older than a few years on.
My New Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/140662069@N02/ - Posts every Weekend at the minimum Smile
Before we all get excited, let's not forget that both 1808 and 7416 are planned trials.

That means neither type are here to stay. Infact, this may result the the Yorkshire B9s not being considered.

The fact that Arriva are bothering to trial vehicles instead of blindly assuming either would be okay is commendable in my eyes.

The current B7s that Redcar have may not be suitable, but the fact they are trialling suggests that they are too aware.

The service has improved dramatically over the past 2 years! It actually turns up these days.
(15 Apr 2016, 1:27 pm)GX03 SVC wrote Drivers have been requested to stop at them if there's people waiting, but aren't allowed let people off. I'd assume that they'll become fully operational on the next timetable change?

Fair enough, mind I've drove past a canny few times over the past few days, and I haven't seen anyone waiting. They've put benches next to both of them, which made them stand out when I first noticed them. 

I'd imagine so, may have to add a minute into the timetable, as those stops will serve an entire estate.