You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Arriva North East: Rare & Odd Workings - January 2015

Arriva North East: Rare & Odd Workings - January 2015

RE: Arriva North East: Rare & Odd Workings
(26 Jan 2015, 2:43 pm)MrPottski wrote MAX OmniCity 4645 is working a 7 to Durham! Strangely, there was two Sapphire Pulsars at the bottom of Tubwell Row, Not in Service.

Unless they change it 4645 is out until midnight on service 7
(26 Jan 2015, 5:24 pm)Jimmi wrote 4711 on Sapphire X3.

Bad day for Sapphire services in the North East today.

Some of the peak ones work off other services though

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

(26 Jan 2015, 4:23 pm)Tommy_1581 wrote 7516 is on X21/X22s
Meaning that at least 3 of the Sapphires are off the road. 
(26 Jan 2015, 6:18 pm)Jimmi wrote Ah, did not know that, pretty sure its not stipulated as a non Sapphire bus in the timetable.

The evening ones that start from Redcar Clock are marked in the timetable as not Sapphire.
(26 Jan 2015, 6:18 pm)Jimmi wrote Ah, did not know that, pretty sure its not stipulated as a non Sapphire bus in the timetable.

They are stipulated in the timetable - one am X3A runs onto 22/64/64a and one evening Redcar-Lingdale-Redcar X3 runs off a 63.
(26 Jan 2015, 6:52 pm)RobinHood wrote The evening ones that start from Redcar Clock are marked in the timetable as not Sapphire.

Oh now I see it on there, I've made myself feel like a right fool again!

One thing I have noticed in the leaflet is the last 5 on a Saturday from Brotton is at 1609! Surely that's not right.
(26 Jan 2015, 7:00 pm)Jimmi wrote Oh now I see it on there, I've made myself feel like a right fool again!

One thing I have noticed in the leaflet is the last 5 on a Saturday from Brotton is at 1609! Surely that's not right.

That's the original version with many errors - there's a reprinted version available in the Middlesborough office 
(26 Jan 2015, 7:22 pm)Kuyoyo wrote That's the original version with many errors - there's a reprinted version available in the Middlesborough office 

Think I'll have to get a copy next time I'm in Boro and dispose of this copy.
(26 Jan 2015, 7:24 pm)Jimmi wrote Think I'll have to get a copy next time I'm in Boro and dispose of this copy.

Should be on all of our buses too - I've always got some in my bag too!

(26 Jan 2015, 7:30 pm)tyresmoke wrote Should be on all of our buses too - I've always got some in my bag too!

Stockton depot seems to be the only depot that ever has timetables on its buses, I do find it amusing when I see timetables for the 9 when I get on the X2 in Newcastle.
(26 Jan 2015, 7:30 pm)tyresmoke wrote Should be on all of our buses too - I've always got some in my bag too!

You hiding them from the passengers?  Tongue
(26 Jan 2015, 7:39 pm)citaro5284 wrote You hiding them from the passengers?  Tongue

Haha no - I'm very efficient and have a timetable for every service in our area... Comes in handy on the odd occasions that people ask me about connections, not very often but does happen from time to time. I'll always try and take some out to my bus on a morning but obviously its easier now we have the Sapphire buses as they don't go walkies onto other routes.

(26 Jan 2015, 9:04 pm)citaro5284 wrote I have just spotted this on Bazza's Flickr.....

What is tyresmoke doing wearing a High Viz when sitting upstairs on a double decker....surely a front seat upper deck is not classed as a vehicle movement area.... Tongue

https://www.flickr.com/photos/bazza90/14...91443@N02/

Hahaha that's going back a while now! If I remember correct it was during one of my long breaks on the Metro Replacements so bashing one of the Spectras seemed like a good idea!

(27 Jan 2015, 8:20 am)Jimmi wrote 2832 on the 1/5 going ping every few seconds!

Its been taken off now and a fitter has driven it back to the depot.
1506 and 1510 used on X66 this morning to try and put things back on time

Sapphire spare 1440 making an unusual appearance on 81s for Redcar, it's usually kept on 63s or 64s.

Are the E200's all sorted to be out on the 64 yet? If they are, then at least two were being covered by GGO Darts today.
If they aren't, then just ignore me.
'Illegitimis non carborundum'
(28 Jan 2015, 9:58 pm)Andreos1 wrote Are the E200's all sorted to be out on the 64 yet? If they are, then at least two were being covered by GGO Darts today.
If they aren't, then just ignore me.

Not sure how many are in service but it seems like a fair few are now in service. Although some Darts are still operating on the 64 and there seems to be one Dart on the 56/57/57A/86 most days.