Deprecated: preg_replace(): Passing null to parameter #3 ($subject) of type array|string is deprecated in /home/northeas/public_html/forums/inc/functions.php on line 5739

Deprecated: preg_replace(): Passing null to parameter #3 ($subject) of type array|string is deprecated in /home/northeas/public_html/forums/inc/functions.php on line 5739
Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2019 | North East Buses

Skip to main content

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2019

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2019

Passenger Transfer Announcement
If anyone has seen the “This bus will terminate at the next stop sorry for any inconvenience” screen whilst on board, know what the announcement says on the speakers?
I seen the screen but the bus had no sound so don’t know if anything actually plays or not. I did notice in the controller it said:
Transferring Pssengers Audio
0000 0002 with NIS on the screens

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
▂▃▅▇█▓▒░۩۞۩The Legend ۩۞۩░▒▓█▇▅▃▂
Jamie M
Unregistered
RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2019

(14 Jun 2019, 11:26 pm)Josh wrote If anyone has seen the “This bus will terminate at the next stop sorry for any inconvenience” screen whilst on board, know what the announcement says on the speakers?
I seen the screen but the bus had no sound so don’t know if anything actually plays or not. I did notice in the controller it said:
Transferring Pssengers Audio
0000 0002 with NIS on the screens

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It just plays a string of nonsense about transferring passengers due to late running. Not well executed tbh.

Site Administrator
(15 Jun 2019, 9:49 pm)Jamie M wrote

It just plays a string of nonsense about transferring passengers due to late running. Not well executed tbh.

Means more to passengers than a driver who just shouts down the bus to get on the bus behind with no explanation...

This announcement was only ever a trial intended for Washington, working closely with the Service Delivery Centre. Nothing much really came of it in the end, but I wouldn't say it wasn't well executed.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Has something happened to 7139? Only it doesn't seem to have been out since 27th May, when it apparently worked a Skipton to London service, but isn't shown as getting beyond the outskirts of Skipton.

(16 Jun 2019, 6:06 am)Dan wrote Means more to passengers than a driver who just shouts down the bus to get on the bus behind with no explanation...

This announcement was only ever a trial intended for Washington, working closely with the Service Delivery Centre. Nothing much really came of it in the end, but I wouldn't say it wasn't well executed.

I never knew this existed. I've heard London's version before on the iBus system, and always wondered if it was possible for GNE to do something similar as now and again I see them tweet that some Newcastle services are being terminated at Gateshead Interchange because of traffic etc. I know in London drivers can manually pick from a selection of various announcements and presume the early termination one is included, but how did it work exactly with GNEs trial for Washington?

(16 Jun 2019, 11:45 am)ne14ne1 wrote

I never knew this existed. I've heard London's version before on the iBus system, and always wondered if it was possible for GNE to do something similar as now and again I see them tweet that some Newcastle services are being terminated at Gateshead Interchange because of traffic etc. I know in London drivers can manually pick from a selection of various announcements and presume the early termination one is included, but how did it work exactly with GNEs trial for Washington?

It works as a scroll through on the Not In Service setting on the destination controller

Jamie M
Unregistered

(16 Jun 2019, 12:59 pm)streetdeckfan wrote Did they have that installed on the Streetdecks? I'm sure I've heard it a couple times when we've had to change buses at Chester Le Street on the X21

Its fitted on every bus, but only means anything to those with NSA fitted.

(16 Jun 2019, 1:22 pm)Jamie M wrote

Its fitted on every bus, but only means anything to those with NSA fitted.

Ah right, I took what Dan said as it only being at Washington
6080 broke down on redheugh bridge
A long omnidekka has appeared at riverside depot too
(17 Jun 2019, 6:34 pm)JM03 wrote 6080 broke down on redheugh bridge
A long omnidekka has appeared at riverside depot too

A GNE omnidekka or one in Brighton & Hove livery?
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Site Administrator
(17 Jun 2019, 9:13 pm)L469 YVK wrote Does the 310 have a programme for the NSA's when it serves Hadrian Park late evenings?
Yes - "310E".

(17 Jun 2019, 9:42 pm)Dan wrote Yes - "310E".

Cheers Smile . What about programes for the following or will these not have NSAs enabled?

- Boxing Day 310 omitting Norham Road North & Middle Engine Lane

- Boxing Day 309 running via Billy Mill

(17 Jun 2019, 10:12 pm)L469 YVK wrote

Cheers Smile" alt="Smile" title="Smile"> . What about programes for the following or will these not have NSAs enabled?

- Boxing Day 310 omitting Norham Road North & Middle Engine Lane

- Boxing Day 309 running via Billy Mill

2 years ago they were disabled but last year wernt programmed so drivers had use the normal 309 and 310 displays so nsas worked but obvs drivers didnt go the way nsas thought. And 310 serves its whole route just with the addition of hadrian park

(17 Jun 2019, 6:48 pm)Michael wrote A GNE omnidekka or one in Brighton & Hove livery?

GNE

Site Administrator

(21 Jun 2019, 10:19 am)Coppercap40 wrote Has 9075 entered service yet ?

Yes, on cruise ship shuttles yesterday.

(21 Jun 2019, 12:10 pm)Coppercap40 wrote Thanks Dan, When will it enter public service and on which services ?

Think already been mentioned it will operate on the 19.....also to allow more solos to be repainted into little coasters