Menu

Pages (7)    15 6 7   
ne14ne1   22 Sep 2022, 4:43 pm
(22 Sep 2022, 4:23 pm)Dan wrote And 24 out of the 25 buses have been of this specification since day one... The last one not having this because kit wasn't ordered for a bus originally intended to be a scrap part donor...

Confused

Fair enough 96% is pretty good.
streetdeckfan   22 Sep 2022, 5:04 pm
(22 Sep 2022, 4:43 pm)ne14ne1 wrote Fair enough 96% is pretty good.

They seem to have put more effort into allocating vehicles for the Metro Replacements than they have for the rest of the routes!
Dan   22 Sep 2022, 5:33 pm
(22 Sep 2022, 5:04 pm)streetdeckfan wrote They seem to have put more effort into allocating vehicles for the Metro Replacements than they have for the rest of the routes!

Pretty hard to get the allocation wrong for Metro Flow when it’s one route out of one depot with one set of buses

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
streetdeckfan   22 Sep 2022, 5:59 pm
(22 Sep 2022, 5:33 pm)Dan wrote Pretty hard to get the allocation wrong for Metro Flow when it’s one route out of one depot with one set of buses

I wouldn't put it past them! 

Is the Metro Flow NSA programmed separately from the rest of the routes, or do all vehicles have it. And do the E400s have the rest of the network programmed, should they inevitably end up venturing out onto other routes
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Andreos1   22 Sep 2022, 6:03 pm
(22 Sep 2022, 5:33 pm)Dan wrote Pretty hard to get the allocation wrong for Metro Flow when it’s one route out of one depot with one set of buses

Daniel, I would have thought you would have learned your lesson by now.

Whatever you say, is often seized upon and thrown back when the inevitable happens.
Quite frequently too! 

Don't be surprised when everyone jumps on this one.

PS: I'm not gonna be asking you for the lottery numbers.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
streetdeckfan   22 Sep 2022, 6:09 pm
(22 Sep 2022, 6:03 pm)Andreos1 wrote Daniel, I would have thought you would have learned your lesson by now.

Whatever you say, is often seized upon and thrown back when the inevitable happens.
Quite frequently too! 

Don't be surprised when everyone jumps on this one.

PS: I'm not gonna be asking you for the lottery numbers.

At this point I wonder if he does it on purpose to get that sweet sweet attention that he so obviously craves!
Dan   22 Sep 2022, 6:16 pm
(22 Sep 2022, 6:09 pm)streetdeckfan wrote At this point I wonder if he does it on purpose to get that sweet sweet attention that he so obviously craves!

Oh aye. The hilarity of the inevitable posts on here from the same people make typing the next Tweet all the more amusing.

There was a breakdown the other night which resulted in a Cityrider being allocated to the 900 - I’m sure someone will quote my “it’s difficult to get the allocation wrong on one route from one depot with one set of branded buses” post in due course.

streetdeckfan   22 Sep 2022, 6:32 pm
(22 Sep 2022, 6:16 pm)Dan wrote Oh aye. The hilarity of the inevitable posts on here from the same people make typing the next Tweet all the more amusing.

There was a breakdown the other night which resulted in a Cityrider being allocated to the 900 - I’m sure someone will quote my “it’s difficult to get the allocation wrong on one route from one depot with one set of branded buses” post in due course.

Oh, that's a guarantee!

You're going to have to start adding caveats to all of your potentially quotable posts

Given that they had a Cityrider on it, I assume the NSAs were indeed programmed into the rest of the fleet?
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Unber43   22 Sep 2022, 7:02 pm
(22 Sep 2022, 5:59 pm)streetdeckfan wrote I wouldn't put it past them! 

Is the Metro Flow NSA programmed separately from the rest of the routes, or do all vehicles have it. And do the E400s have the rest of the network programmed, should they inevitably end up venturing out onto other routes
One already has!
Dan   22 Sep 2022, 7:40 pm
(22 Sep 2022, 7:02 pm)Unber43 wrote One already has!

Actual sighting or a bustimes sighting?

Unber43   22 Sep 2022, 7:52 pm
(22 Sep 2022, 7:40 pm)Dan wrote Actual sighting or a bustimes sighting?

Morrit89 pointed it out. He said something along the lines of it -

It was at Deptford this morning but has gone somewhere
streetdeckfan   22 Sep 2022, 7:57 pm
(22 Sep 2022, 7:40 pm)Dan wrote Actual sighting or a bustimes sighting?

Come on Daniel, we all know they've never actually seen a bus!
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Rapidsnap   22 Sep 2022, 8:05 pm
Maybe the one at Deptford was one that is awaiting entry into service or the one that broke down and was getting repaired at the depot.

Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/
Who needs heroes anyway? Villians have more fun.
Dan   22 Sep 2022, 8:34 pm
(22 Sep 2022, 7:52 pm)Unber43 wrote Morrit89 pointed it out. He said something along the lines of it -

It was at Deptford this morning but has gone somewhere

So the one which broke down, was replaced on the 900 by a Cityrider and repaired at Deptford, and didn’t actually get used on a Deptford service..? When did it venture onto another route then?

streetdeckfan   22 Sep 2022, 9:14 pm
(22 Sep 2022, 8:34 pm)Dan wrote So the one which broke down, was replaced on the 900 by a Cityrider and repaired at Deptford, and didn’t actually get used on a Deptford service..? When did it venture onto another route then?

Stop reading too far into it, it's 4th hand information so it must be true!
Unber43   22 Sep 2022, 9:15 pm
(22 Sep 2022, 8:34 pm)Dan wrote So the one which broke down, was replaced on the 900 by a Cityrider and repaired at Deptford, and didn’t actually get used on a Deptford service..? When did it venture onto another route then?

6960 - did the 888

https://bustimes.org/vehicles/364663?date=2022-09-21
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
mb134   22 Sep 2022, 9:46 pm
(22 Sep 2022, 9:15 pm)Unber43 wrote 6960 - did the 888

https://bustimes.org/vehicles/364663?date=2022-09-21

Strange that you're posting a Bustimes link now, surely if you'd seen that with your eyes you'd have posted at the time this morning? 

For the millionth time, Bustimes is not to be taken as gospel. It might have done the 888, but if people who literally work for the company (and likely have access to data which would show if it's done another route!) are saying it hasn't worked it - then it probably hasn't.
Rapidsnap   22 Sep 2022, 10:21 pm
In case you haven't realise drivers have the ability to change the fleetnumber on the ticket machine. Some drivers do it as a prank to wind up enthusiasts to send them on wild goose chases etc.

Bus Times reported one of the Toon Tour double deckers on a school service today, not sure how true that is or not.

But there has been plenty of cases in the past, Solo SR number 641 posing as 7157 comes to mind.

Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/
Unber43   22 Sep 2022, 10:30 pm
(22 Sep 2022, 9:46 pm)mb134 wrote Strange that you're posting a Bustimes link now, surely if you'd seen that with your eyes you'd have posted at the time this morning? 

For the millionth time, Bustimes is not to be taken as gospel. It might have done the 888, but if people who literally work for the company (and likely have access to data which would show if it's done another route!) are saying it hasn't worked it - then it probably hasn't.
I saw it on bus times and I just thought ah, its a spare it happens. 

Yes, bustimes is not to be taken as gospel however in the majority of cases it is right. 

If it hasn't it hasn't its not really a massive deal as it is a spare bus.
Rapidsnap   22 Sep 2022, 10:38 pm
I wouldn't say the majority of cases are right due to the fact how much can be edited by some random person. Looking at GNE list of vehicles, I think only about 60% of depot allocations are right if I'm being generous.

I was trying to load up the Stagecoach Sunderland 8 timetable today to try and track 28002 for a photo but it kept sending me to the timetable for GNE service 8.

It's far from perfect but it's one of them things that will do.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Unber43   22 Sep 2022, 10:43 pm
(22 Sep 2022, 10:38 pm)Rapidsnap wrote I wouldn't say the majority of cases are right due to the fact how much can be edited by some random person. Looking at GNE list of vehicles, I think only about 60% of depot allocations are right if I'm being generous.

I was trying to load up the Stagecoach Sunderland 8 timetable today to try and track 28002 for a photo but it kept sending me to the timetable for GNE service 8.

It's far from perfect but it's one of them things that will do.
I'm not saying that the app is perfect but from my experience even rare allocations have usally been right.

Also on the Depot allocations a quick check their is only a few wrong depots I would say 85%-90% are correct.
morritt89   23 Sep 2022, 8:36 am
6960has been on a Deptford school service again this morning
Dan   23 Sep 2022, 8:42 am
(23 Sep 2022, 8:36 am)morritt89 wrote 6960has been on a Deptford school service again this morning

You'll be getting folk excited...
N391OTY   23 Sep 2022, 8:50 pm
6956, LX09 FAM, is out and about on Metro Flow today although not in Bus Times yet. Its tracking as 6959.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
ian foster   24 Sep 2022, 2:27 pm
Does anyone know if the 6 ex Yellow buses E400's are still coming to go north east. They have disappeared of the Quack 77 fleet list despite 2 of them being listed in X Lines green earlier this week. I know the Quack 77 lists are not reliable but does anyone know any websites with reliable information on them.
Dan   24 Sep 2022, 2:53 pm
(24 Sep 2022, 2:27 pm)ian foster wrote Does anyone know if the 6 ex Yellow buses E400's are still coming to go north east. They have disappeared of the Quack 77 fleet list despite 2 of them being listed in X Lines green earlier this week. I know the Quack 77 lists are not reliable but does anyone know any websites with reliable information on them.

They never were coming.

MurrayJones   24 Sep 2022, 5:47 pm
(24 Sep 2022, 2:27 pm)ian foster wrote Does anyone know if the 6 ex Yellow buses E400's are still coming to go north east. They have disappeared of the Quack 77 fleet list despite 2 of them being listed in X Lines green earlier this week. I know the Quack 77 lists are not reliable but does anyone know any websites with reliable information on them.

As a general rule the Quack77 site is to be taken with more than a pinch of salt, there's a lot of false information put on there. I have no idea why exactly, either as a joke, outright vandalism, wishful thinking, or (as in 1 case it seemed to be with 1 flickr user I came across) being completely unaware the website was public and viewable to everyone and not just for private fantasy fleet use.
ian foster   25 Sep 2022, 2:21 pm
(24 Sep 2022, 5:47 pm)MurrayJones wrote As a general rule the Quack77 site is to be taken with more than a pinch of salt, there's a lot of false information put on there. I have no idea why exactly, either as a joke, outright vandalism, wishful thinking, or (as in 1 case it seemed to be with 1 flickr user I came across) being completely unaware the website was public and viewable to everyone and not just for private fantasy fleet use.
thank you.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
ne14ne1   05 Oct 2022, 10:17 am
(22 Sep 2022, 4:23 pm)Dan wrote And 24 out of the 25 buses have been of this specification since day one... The last one not having this because kit wasn't ordered for a bus originally intended to be a scrap part donor...

Confused

What about this Gemini1!?  Tongue

ne14ne1   28 Nov 2022, 6:25 pm
Is this unstriped one a new arrival?

https://flic.kr/p/2o2RLQr
Pages (7)    15 6 7