Menu

Pages (7)    15 6 7
Tiger5105   28 Nov 2022, 7:17 pm
(28 Nov 2022, 6:25 pm)ne14ne1 wrote Is this unstriped one a new arrival?

https://flic.kr/p/2o2RLQr
I wonder if that's the one that has been VOR at Consett since its arrival, minus front panels . Its been there for a couple of months and hadn't had the roadstripes added. It moved onto the pits last week so could well be that one.
nova347   28 Nov 2022, 7:19 pm
(28 Nov 2022, 7:17 pm)Tiger5105 wrote I wonder if that's the one that has been VOR at Consett since its arrival, minus front panels . Its been there for a couple of months and hadn't had the roadstripes added. It moved onto the pits last week so could well be that one.
If you look on Flickr there was an image of it taken June 16th, looking all ready except for the missing road stripes.
Tiger5105   28 Nov 2022, 7:31 pm
(28 Nov 2022, 7:19 pm)nova347 wrote If you look on Flickr there was an image of it taken June 16th, looking all ready except for the missing road stripes.
If you mean the one at Consett, it had the front panel removed and the offside drivers light cluster removed and then stayed like that for a coue of months.
nova347   28 Nov 2022, 9:44 pm
(28 Nov 2022, 7:31 pm)Tiger5105 wrote If you mean the one at Consett, it had the front panel removed and the offside drivers light cluster removed and then stayed like that for a coue of months.
If that one was 6944 then yes. What I was saying is that it was pictured at Saltwellmedows on June 16th it still has the same amount of branding then as now it has entered service, so it could have been the one at Consett.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
ne14ne1   20 Jun 2024, 6:24 pm
6240 in Fleet livery

https://flic.kr/p/2pYwY8R
V514DFT   20 Jun 2024, 6:51 pm
I give it an hour til someone is moaning about it

Kind Regards
Tez
ASX_Terranova   20 Jun 2024, 7:49 pm
(20 Jun 2024, 6:24 pm)ne14ne1 wrote 6240 in Fleet livery

https://flic.kr/p/2pYwY8R

Looks good, hopefully it stays that way.
Which depot is 6240 going to?

Twitter: @ASX_Terranova
Blog: https://asxterranova.home.blog/
Iamtheone8483748   20 Jun 2024, 7:51 pm
Presumably Consett to act as the spare bus for the 16/A.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Michael   21 Jun 2024, 10:14 pm
Has all the 2nd hand Streetlites entered service now or are GNE waiting for more?

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Retro Nero   26 Jun 2024, 9:18 pm
Apparently 6959 to 6966 are going to Thornton's for single door conversion
ian foster   Yesterday, 8:32 am
Will they be re numbered?
mb134   Yesterday, 9:11 am
(26 Jun 2024, 9:18 pm)Retro Nero wrote Apparently 6959 to 6966 are going to Thornton's for single door conversion

Surely they should all be going? 

It's an absolute disgrace that "the region's largest transport provider" are discriminating against a protected group of individuals.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Dan   Yesterday, 11:15 am
(Yesterday, 9:11 am)mb134 wrote Surely they should all be going? 

It's an absolute disgrace that "the region's largest transport provider" are discriminating against a protected group of individuals.

I'd say that it's good that the issue of these dual-door buses being used on frontline work is being addressed, with the conversion of the youngest E400s.

Hopefully some better 'on the ground' management can prevent the remaining examples being used on frontline work, and be isolated on schools only as was always intended, as it wouldn't be cost-effective to convert the older examples.

I understand Go North East has lost a sizeable number of Nexus school bus contracts this September, so come July (paired with the introduction of 'new' E400s on the 16), some of the dual-door buses might end up becoming surplus to requirements anyway.
mb134   Yesterday, 11:41 am
(Yesterday, 11:15 am)Dan wrote I'd say that it's good that the issue of these dual-door buses being used on frontline work is being addressed, with the conversion of the youngest E400s.

They shouldn't have been on frontline work with this blatant wheelchair access issue anyway. It would be like praising the Conservatives for slightly reducing NHS waiting lists, after they were directly responsible for them skyrocketing. 

The use of these, the spending on non-complaint open toppers, and the overall state of the fleet show serious issues with the oversight of vehicle procurement and decision making.
Storx   Yesterday, 12:09 pm
(Yesterday, 11:15 am)Dan wrote Hopefully some better 'on the ground' management can prevent the remaining examples being used on frontline work, and be isolated on schools only as was always intended, as it wouldn't be cost-effective to convert the older examples.

Surely it's barely cost-effective to be converting life expired buses to be running front line work regardless. People slag off Arriva, and they do deserve it, but even they haven't resorted to sending 13/14/15 year old rubbish up North from London to do frontline work.

Before someone comes along and reminds me of the Darts at Darlington, I'll just remind them of the order of electrics for the 2 which will replace these. There's nothing, as far as I'm aware, to be replacing all this rubbish, any time soon and that's ignoring the B9's which are actually part of the fleet which aren't exactly spring chickens either.

School work, fair enough though as it's pointless running new buses (last 10 years?) on those routes.
busmanT   Yesterday, 5:10 pm
(Yesterday, 11:41 am)mb134 wrote They shouldn't have been on frontline work with this blatant wheelchair access issue anyway. It would be like praising the Conservatives for slightly reducing NHS waiting lists, after they were directly responsible for them skyrocketing. 

The use of these, the spending on non-complaint open toppers, and the overall state of the fleet show serious issues with the oversight of vehicle procurement and decision making.
Sadly, Go North East were given incorrect information about the ex Oxford Volvo B9TL vehicles, being told that they were Euro VI compliant.

Surely it makes little sense to convert 15/16/17 year old dual doorway buses to single doorway especially, as someone else has said, apparently GNE have apparently lost a large number of Nexus contracts from September so will need fewer double decks. 
Converting the 60 plate vehicles makes sense.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
busmanT   Yesterday, 5:40 pm

Surely it makes little sense to convert 15/16/17 year old dual doorway buses to single doorway especially, as someone else has said, apparently GNE have apparently lost a large number of Nexus contracts from September so will need fewer double decks. 

(Yesterday, 11:41 am)mb134 wrote They shouldn't have been on frontline work with this blatant wheelchair access issue anyway. It would be like praising the Conservatives for slightly reducing NHS waiting lists, after they were directly responsible for them skyrocketing. 

Sadly, Go North East were given incorrect information about the ex Oxford Volvo B9TL vehicles, being told that they were Euro VI compliant.
mb134   Yesterday, 6:44 pm
(Yesterday, 5:40 pm)busmanT wrote Surely it makes little sense to convert 15/16/17 year old dual doorway buses to single doorway especially, as someone else has said, apparently GNE have apparently lost a large number of Nexus contracts from September so will need fewer double decks. 

That's a deplorable response. It's not like these E400s suddenly became an issue, GNE have had them for nearly 2 years now. Every other major company manages to convert ex-London stock correctly, why can't the "region's leading bus company"? It's penny pinching that has an impact on a vulnerable group of people. 

So, nobody thought to double check the information before spending heaps of money on them? It just took me literally 30 seconds to complete a check via the government website.
Retro Nero   Yesterday, 7:41 pm

Only the 60 plate ones 6959-6966 the  youngest batch
Andreos1   Yesterday, 9:10 pm
(Yesterday, 5:40 pm)busmanT wrote Surely it makes little sense to convert 15/16/17 year old dual doorway buses to single doorway especially, as someone else has said, apparently GNE have apparently lost a large number of Nexus contracts from September so will need fewer double decks. 

I've heard some tosh on here over the years from insiders. 
The best one up until now was the B10 being allocated to certain routes, because it's reverse wouldn't work. 
Obviously there's been all the patter about wingmirrors and buses not actually being broken down (despite fluid doing it's best niagra falls impression). 
But this one takes the biscuit. 

There's absolutely no way anyone can be daft enough to spend a load of money on vehicles without doing background checks beforehand.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Ambassador   4 hours ago
(Yesterday, 9:10 pm)Andreos1 wrote There's absolutely no way anyone can be daft enough to spend a load of money on vehicles without doing background checks beforehand.

I would be inclined to agree but if the past few years have shown us - GNE are run by an incompetent management team so this wouldn't surprise me.

Look at the state of the fleet - it's either wilful negligence or incompetence....or both

Wistfully stuck in the 90s
Pages (7)    15 6 7