Menu

Pages (146)    169 70 71146   
Jimmi   21 Feb 2015, 1:18 pm
(21 Feb 2015, 1:13 pm)Dan wrote No worries - we are just messing. This is why I let people approach me, as, providing I'm in a decent mood, I will talk to anyone providing they're nice to me. Others aren't quite as outgoing as me, shall we say, so I'd hate to put them in an awkward position by approaching them first.

I know this is just messing on.

I am just really bad at going over to talk to people but once a conversation with someone starts I'm not too bad.

Just wanted to say that incase anyone sees me and thinks I'm avoiding them for a reason.
MrFozz   21 Feb 2015, 2:20 pm
After the Eastenders Reveal, a young lass in America has been trolled on Twitter...

She does not know why people are saying she Lucy Beale...

Her Name is...BOBBIE Beale

A California Teen Is Confused Because Everyone Keeps Tweeting That She Killed Lucy From “EastEnders

Frigging hilarious
Michael   22 Feb 2015, 12:43 pm
Why are cat videos so bloody funny hahaha!

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Jimmi   22 Feb 2015, 12:45 pm
(22 Feb 2015, 12:43 pm)Michael wrote Why are cat videos so bloody funny hahaha!

Your talking about cat videos and then don't post an example to show how they can be funny.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Michael   22 Feb 2015, 1:02 pm
(22 Feb 2015, 12:45 pm)Jimmi wrote Your talking about cat videos and then don't post an example to show how they can be funny.

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=780517568723175

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=784056765035922&set=vb.411444542297148&type=2&theater

Off the cat video's for a second... https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=780526615388937&theater

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
omnicity4659   22 Feb 2015, 1:19 pm
(22 Feb 2015, 1:02 pm)Michael wrote https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=780517568723175

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=784056765035922&set=vb.411444542297148&type=2&theater

Off the cat video's for a second... https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=780526615388937&theater

Bazza is going to go mental.  Big Grin
MrFozz   22 Feb 2015, 2:14 pm
A Cat gets caught barking then resumes meowing [FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY]

MurdnunoC   23 Feb 2015, 6:23 pm
There's something strangely unnerving about the Poundland on the High Street in Gateshead.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
omnicity4659   23 Feb 2015, 7:48 pm
(23 Feb 2015, 6:23 pm)MurdnunoC wrote There's something strangely unnerving about the Poundland on the High Street in Gateshead.

What? Have they removed the "Everything's £1" sign, or are they selling stuff for £8.
MurdnunoC   23 Feb 2015, 7:54 pm
(23 Feb 2015, 7:48 pm)Tommy_1581 wrote What? Have they removed the "Everything's £1" sign, or are they selling stuff for £8.

No, it just hasn't got the aura one expects when walking into Poundland. It certainly looks like a Poundland store but the aisles are significantly wider than you'd find in any other shop. In my experience, bargain or grey market stores cram as much crap into their stores as humanly possible - this one is full of space. 
Jimmi   23 Feb 2015, 8:03 pm
(23 Feb 2015, 7:54 pm)MurdnunoC wrote No, it just hasn't got the aura one expects when walking into Poundland. It certainly looks like a Poundland store but the aisles are significantly wider than you'd find in any other shop. In my experience, bargain or grey market stores cram as much crap into their stores as humanly possible - this one is full of space. 

Some Poundland's do seem to have wide aisles especially the bigger stores like the big one in Sunderland which was previously TJ Hughes and Littlewoods/Index before that.

Smaller stores seem to have less wide aisles like the two in Durham.
MurdnunoC   23 Feb 2015, 8:14 pm
(23 Feb 2015, 8:03 pm)Jimmi wrote Some Poundland's do seem to have wide aisles especially the bigger stores like the big one in Sunderland which was previously TJ Hughes and Littlewoods/Index before that.

Smaller stores seem to have less wide aisles like the two in Durham.

I believe the one in Gateshead was once a Woolworths. 
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
R852 PRG   23 Feb 2015, 8:15 pm
The Poundland in Chester-le-Street....was it was the Co-Op or something?

I honestly can't remember. I remember Poundland opened in around 2009.
Dan   23 Feb 2015, 8:16 pm
(23 Feb 2015, 8:15 pm)MarcTheA4 wrote The Poundland in Chester-le-Street....was it was the Co-Op or something?

I hate that Poundland. The queues are tiny, so if there's only one person on the tills, the queue goes crazy.
Adrian   23 Feb 2015, 8:17 pm
(23 Feb 2015, 8:15 pm)MarcTheA4 wrote The Poundland in Chester-le-Street....was it was the Co-Op or something?

Yes. Massive Co-Op, that closed down around 2008 I think...

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
R852 PRG   23 Feb 2015, 8:17 pm
(23 Feb 2015, 8:16 pm)Dan wrote I hate that Poundland. The queues are tiny, so if there's only one person on the tills, the queue goes crazy.

Took the words out of my mouth.

And the staff are beyond belief! Some are sarcastic and have a nasty hint in their voice, etc...
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
MurdnunoC   23 Feb 2015, 8:18 pm

I believe it was the Co-op. Is the shop adjacent to the small arcade leading to Morrisons?
R852 PRG   23 Feb 2015, 8:19 pm
(23 Feb 2015, 8:17 pm)aureolin wrote Yes. Massive Co-Op, that closed down around 2008 I think...

I vividly remember the one where Morrison's is now at the top of the St. Cuthbert's Walk (used to love the mashed potato from that Co-Op for some reason haha).

(23 Feb 2015, 8:18 pm)MurdnunoC wrote I believe it was the Co-op. Is the shop adjacent to the small arcade leading to Morrisons?

Yes, the St. Cuthbert's Walk. Smile
Adrian   23 Feb 2015, 8:23 pm
(23 Feb 2015, 8:17 pm)MarcTheA4 wrote Took the words out of my mouth.

And the staff are beyond belief! Some are sarcastic and have a nasty hint in their voice, etc...

Perhaps down to the management? A happy workforce is reflected on to the customer. The same goes for morale issues. Poundland was also one of the employers that took on workers against their own will, via the Government's workfare programme. 

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
MurdnunoC   23 Feb 2015, 8:26 pm
(23 Feb 2015, 8:23 pm)aureolin wrote Perhaps down to the management? A happy workforce is reflected on to the customer. The same goes for morale issues. Poundland was also one of the employers that took on workers against their own will, via the Government's workfare programme. 

Completely agree. 
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Jimmi   23 Feb 2015, 8:26 pm
(23 Feb 2015, 8:14 pm)MurdnunoC wrote I believe the one in Gateshead was once a Woolworths. 

I think it was.

I found a website which is full of stuff like what was in previously in these units, it especially liked to focus on former Woolworths stores, I'll try and find this site when I go on the laptop in a bit.

It's sad when you see what shops were previously which the likes of Poundland and Tesco Metro's have now moved into, like Durham the store in the Gate was once MVC (music and videos shop) and the one in the Prince Bishops was HMV which I still sadly miss, hardly ever go round Durham since HMV closed. It's even more depressing to find that Newton Aycliffe is the only former Woolworths store in the region not to find a new occupant at any point.
Jimmi   23 Feb 2015, 8:44 pm
Here's the site I was referring to (Soult's Retail View):
http://www.soultsretailview.co.uk/

It's amazing what websites I can find when I'm totally bored out of my mind.

My least favourite Poundland's have to be Darlington and Durham (The Gate Shopping Centre) as they have narrow aisles which makes it incredibly difficult to move round the shop, every time I go in the Gate store I always end up stuck behind someone walking incredibly slowly and can't get past them and it always happens when I'm in a hurry too.
MrFozz   23 Feb 2015, 8:51 pm
When did HMV in Durham shut Jimmi? I aint been round the Prince Bishops for ages.
Jimmi   23 Feb 2015, 9:05 pm
(23 Feb 2015, 8:51 pm)MrFozz wrote When did HMV in Durham shut Jimmi? I aint been round the Prince Bishops for ages.

It was one of the casualties from when HMV ended up in administration back in 2013.

Still greatly miss this one as this was enough to warrant a trip to Durham, kill around 20 minutes in here then around head round a few other shops like Topman and then jump on a bus home, it was a great way of killing some afternoons. Also when I was at New College on Monday's I used to head into HMV at lunchtimes and buy any new music releases, running into here on lunchtimes was always fun and have fond memories of many of the albums I bought in these lunchtime dashes buying the likes of Little Comets first album so the closure hit me badly, one week there was a few releases on one Monday and because Durham had closed and I was busy everyday that week so after I finished college that day I ended up jumping on an X21 straight to Newcastle.

I actually still enjoy buying CDs in HMV, That's Entertainment and independents around the North East, I find it fun as it works well with this hobby as it can make me plan a trip out just to head somewhere with a HMV.

Stockton and Teesside Park were also closed when HMV went into administration, Middlesbrough was also due to close but thankfully this one stayed open.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
R852 PRG   23 Feb 2015, 11:14 pm
I must admit I miss the HMVs everywhere...

My dad and me used to be bored out of our skulls when we went to the Metrocentre when my mam and sister wanted to spend like 10 hours shopping!

Sometimes we would see a movie, but mainly just hovered around places like Game and HMV. Big Grin

His dad, according to my dad he called it by its full name - His Master's Voice.

I was pretty surprised to find out what it stood for, I was expecting something like Hire My Videos or something haha. Tongue
Jimmi   23 Feb 2015, 11:20 pm
(23 Feb 2015, 11:14 pm)MarcTheA4 wrote I must admit I miss the HMVs everywhere...

My dad and me used to be bored out of our skulls when we went to the Metrocentre when my mam and sister wanted to spend like 10 hours shopping!

Sometimes we would see a movie, but mainly just hovered around places like Game and HMV. Big Grin

His dad, according to my dad he called it by its full name - His Master's Voice.

I was pretty surprised to find out what it stood for, I was expecting something like Hire My Videos or something haha. Tongue

Hire My Videos, sounds like a dodgy version of Blockbusters.

I usually spend about 90 minutes at the MetroCentre and most of it is just HMV.
MrFozz   23 Feb 2015, 11:30 pm
(23 Feb 2015, 11:14 pm)MarcTheA4 wrote I must admit I miss the HMVs everywhere...

I was pretty surprised to find out what it stood for, I was expecting something like Hire My Videos or something haha. [emoji14]
Hire My Videos...

Sounds like the man my dad used to get pirate films from, Guy came round in his van on a Sunday and Wednesday, he would also loan us pirated games on casette for my amstrad computer...If I remember rightly he would also supply films to his loyalist customers that you would not find in any high street video store, videos that were never openly on display in the back of his Van Big Grin

I think the name for HMV comes from the logo of the dog listening to a gramophone...I am still subject to an indefinate ban from every HMV shop in Britain for being a naughty boy about 5 years ago...Thats another story for another day [emoji14]
omnicity4659   24 Feb 2015, 4:57 pm
We seem to be getting close to the 100,000 post mark on the forum...
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Dan   24 Feb 2015, 4:58 pm
(24 Feb 2015, 4:57 pm)Tommy_1581 wrote We seem to be getting close to the 100,000 post mark on the forum...

Aye, we'll hit that today no bother.. Only 17:00!
Malarkey   24 Feb 2015, 5:03 pm
(24 Feb 2015, 4:58 pm)Dan wrote Aye, we'll hit that today no bother.. Only 17:00!

Reckon the person who makes the 100,000th Post should get an NEB Award, like a Get Around Ticket or something.
Pages (146)    169 70 71146