Deprecated: preg_replace(): Passing null to parameter #3 ($subject) of type array|string is deprecated in /home/northeas/public_html/forums/inc/functions.php on line 5739
Suggestions | North East Buses

Skip to main content

Jamie M
Unregistered
RE: Suggestions
(30 Aug 2016, 5:52 am)Dan wrote Technically is true.

All vehicles in Brighton & Hove's fleet have a Next Stop Announcement system using the internal bus stopping sign.

Go North East could use it for Next Stop Announcements if they so wished but it would be a bit of a laborious task and would be adding a further different system to the mix which isn't ideal... So they aren't used for this purpose.
Ah, I often wondered why that's the case. Thanks.
I've suggested a roads and infrastructure section previously.
The number of posts in the 'Bus Infrastructure' thread (particularly Newcastle Area Developments, Sunderland Area Developments etc)  are increasing and usually have nothing to do with bus infrastructure.

So, I wondered if the suggestion was worth picking up again...
'Illegitimis non carborundum'
(17 Oct 2016, 5:10 pm)Andreos1 wrote I've suggested a roads and infrastructure section previously.
The number of posts in the 'Bus Infrastructure' thread (particularly Newcastle Area Developments, Sunderland Area Developments etc)  are increasing and usually have nothing to do with bus infrastructure.

I think it's something worth considering next time we review, which shouldn't be too long away. Smile
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
(17 Oct 2016, 5:10 pm)Andreos1 wrote I've suggested a roads and infrastructure section previously.

That's my fault, for the Sunderland one, maybe it should be moved to a different part of the fourm!
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(17 Oct 2016, 8:06 pm)Adrian wrote I think it's something worth considering next time we review, which shouldn't be too long away. Smile

Cheers. Although the threads were relevant initially, the majority of the posts aren't.

(17 Oct 2016, 8:08 pm)Michael wrote That's my fault, for the Sunderland one, maybe it should be moved to a different part of the fourm!

I think the posts and content have just adapted over the years. What was maybe related to buses and infrastructure initially, is now content related to the specific areas and the title of the thread if that makes sense.
I have posted stuff in there too. As an example the Odeon being demolished on Pilgrim Street - is definately in the right thread (Newcastle Area Developments), but not sure it has much to do with buses (at this stage anyway). Ditto the Aldi and Lidl stuff I have posted in the Sunderland thread.
'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Site Administrator
(19 Dec 2016, 11:14 am)RBZ 5459 wrote What ever happened to being credited for photos being used on the site? i.e. within News/Fleetlists.
Just a slight observation, not a gripe.

As part of our ongoing updates to the website, we hope to add the Flickr username as credit back in. If this can't be achieved by an automatic process, the photos will link to the source as they did before, to credit the photographer.
(19 Dec 2016, 11:30 am)Dan wrote As part of our ongoing updates to the website, we hope to add the Flickr username as credit back in. If this can't be achieved by an automatic process, the photos will link to the source as they did before, to credit the photographer.

Thought it could be somewhere in the updates, ta!

RBZ5459 | flickr | THV

Site Administrator
(19 Dec 2016, 11:30 am)Dan wrote As part of our ongoing updates to the website, we hope to add the Flickr username as credit back in. If this can't be achieved by an automatic process, the photos will link to the source as they did before, to credit the photographer.

(19 Dec 2016, 11:39 am)RBZ 5459 wrote Thought it could be somewhere in the updates, ta!

Photographs included within the news and fleet list sections now link back to the source, as they did before.

We'll look into adding the 'credit to' text at a later date.