Menu

Pages (136)    185 86 87136   
DanPicken   03 Aug 2015, 5:19 pm
(03 Aug 2015, 5:18 pm)GX03 SVC wrote Aye, after it went all over my hands.

Continue this discussion in private messaging please  Smile

Before we get our hands slapped. Smile
Jimmi   03 Aug 2015, 5:36 pm
(03 Aug 2015, 5:14 pm)R852 PRG wrote From playing with balls to having creamy stuff all over your hands... Pleased I don't hang around with you guys!

This sounds like a game of soggy biscuit, without the biscuits.

I am staying away from all of you. Filth!
Davie   03 Aug 2015, 5:37 pm
I'm pleased I didn't go to the event now!
Malarkey   03 Aug 2015, 5:43 pm
(03 Aug 2015, 5:14 pm)R852 PRG wrote From playing with balls to having creamy stuff all over your hands... Pleased I don't hang around with you guys!

The Sick and Vile things you have to do as part of the "Initiation Process" to get into "Bazzas Fraternity" it would appear.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Jackamcardle   03 Aug 2015, 5:45 pm
I'm sure that there was one guy there who got everyone chucked off of the bus because he was pretending to give a blow job to a balloon that was kindly being handed out - weirdly it was the gay one that told them to get off as well.
R852 PRG   03 Aug 2015, 5:51 pm
(03 Aug 2015, 5:45 pm)Jackamcardle wrote I'm sure that there was one guy there who got everyone chucked off of the bus because he was pretending to give a blow job to a balloon that was kindly being handed out - weirdly it was the gay one that told them to get off as well.

[Image: http://cdn.meme.am/instances/54525925.jpg]
Adrian   03 Aug 2015, 5:51 pm
What is it with NEB today? It's like a kennel full of dogs on heat!

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
R852 PRG   03 Aug 2015, 5:54 pm
(03 Aug 2015, 5:51 pm)aureolin wrote What is it with NEB today? It's like a kennel full of dogs on heat!

It would seem the once in a lifetime opportunity of some soft balls and ice cream has gotten to a number of members!
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
omnicity4659   03 Aug 2015, 6:16 pm
(03 Aug 2015, 5:54 pm)R852 PRG wrote It would seem the once in a lifetime opportunity of some soft balls and ice cream has gotten to a number of members!

Ice cream was only accessible if you had won a ticket it seemed too, along with the coffee that was discussed earlier...

Not like the ice cream and the coffee were of a decent quality, mind...
LeeCalder   03 Aug 2015, 7:23 pm
I had a very strange morning at the QuayLink event...

I was the first one too turn up, along with Dan. Before Jack, Sid, Tommy, Sean, Andrew and Alexander turned up. We had a laugh and Tommy ended up injuring his head :p.

Then, Bazza rocked up...  and Me, Dan, Sean, Andrew and Alexander went to Central.

The highlight of the day was Tommy getting ice cream all over his hands and having a rant about it :p
DanPicken   03 Aug 2015, 8:19 pm
(03 Aug 2015, 7:23 pm)LeeCalder wrote I had a very strange morning at the QuayLink event...

I was the first one too turn up, along with Dan. Before Jack, Sid, Tommy, Sean, Andrew and Alexander turned up. We had a laugh and Tommy ended up injuring his head :p.

Then, Bazza rocked up...  and Me, Dan, Sean, Andrew and Alexander went to Central.

The highlight of the day was Tommy getting ice cream all over his hands and having a rant about it :p

No me breaking my bottle and Andrew chasing you with it was the best.
BusLoverMum   03 Aug 2015, 9:01 pm
(03 Aug 2015, 6:16 pm)GX03 SVC wrote Ice cream was only accessible if you had won a ticket it seemed too, along with the coffee that was discussed earlier...

Not like the ice cream and the coffee were of a decent quality, mind...

My son just walked up and was given his icecream. He said it wasn't the best icecream and could he have a nice  one from outside Fenwick's please. I sniffed the coffee and decided to stick to my water.

The free tickets are of no use to me as I need to get an arriva NE day or family ticket  (and be at the mercy of the X12 and the roads) or (much) preferably an explorer ticket to get there and back in the first place. If they're giving out tickets in Sunderland, they might be more useful, as they can extend the range of an arriva family ticket and save me a few quid, taking the boys out. (I think I might actually be enjoying the freedom and novelty of days out on the buses even more than my eldest because we were pretty much confined to the village by my youngest, in previous summer holidays. He's now got the idea of waiting for a bus and usually manages to get off one again without having to touch every single pole on the way off! That actually does make me very happy!)
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
LeeCalder   03 Aug 2015, 9:04 pm
(03 Aug 2015, 5:45 pm)Jackamcardle wrote I'm sure that there was one guy there who got everyone chucked off of the bus because he was pretending to give a blow job to a balloon that was kindly being handed out - weirdly it was the gay one that told them to get off as well.

The lad that done it was Andrew. He has autism and as you can tell, it effects the way he acts very severely.
LeeCalder   03 Aug 2015, 9:06 pm
(03 Aug 2015, 9:01 pm)BusLoverMum wrote My son just walked up and was given his icecream. He said it wasn't the best icecream and could he have a nice  one from outside Fenwick's please. I sniffed the coffee and decided to stick to my water.

The free tickets are of no use to me as I need to get an arriva NE day or family ticket  (and be at the mercy of the X12 and the roads) or (much) preferably an explorer ticket to get there and back in the first place. If they're giving out tickets in Sunderland, they might be more useful, as they can extend the range of an arriva family ticket and save me a few quid, taking the boys out. (I think I might actually be enjoying the freedom and novelty of days out on the buses even more than my eldest because we were pretty much confined to the village by my youngest, in previous summer holidays. He's now got the idea of waiting for a bus and usually manages to get off one again without having to touch every single pole on the way off! That actually does make me very happy!)

The ice-cream was very nice, and free, as was the coffee. What do you expect? At the end of the day, it was free.
BusLoverMum   03 Aug 2015, 9:14 pm
(03 Aug 2015, 9:06 pm)LeeCalder wrote The ice-cream was very nice, and free, as was the coffee. What do you expect? At the end of the day, it was free.

I did remind him of that. Many, many times. Big Grin

And made him wait until he got home before getting some icecream from the freezer!
LeeCalder   03 Aug 2015, 9:18 pm
(03 Aug 2015, 9:14 pm)BusLoverMum wrote I did remind him of that. Many, many times. Big Grin

And made him wait until he got home before getting some icecream from the freezer!

Best way too do it! Not everyday you get something free of charge Smile
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
omnicity4659   04 Aug 2015, 7:56 am
(03 Aug 2015, 5:43 pm)Malarkey wrote The Sick and Vile things you have to do as part of the "Initiation Process" to get into "Bazzas Fraternity" it would appear.

I don't find this amusing nor a joke, it seems I'm being seen in a way that no-one else would like to be seen.

I am not nor do I want to be in "Bazza's Fraternity", I do not affiliate with people like that and I was intending to stay until it got boring, which was straight away. But I had spent an hour on a very hot bus so I didn't want to go straight home.

I'm sick and tired of being seen as a "bus spotter", which I'm worried that most members of the forum may see me as due to the people who I'm friends with as nobody else has wanted to know me.

That'll be my one and only rant of the day, as I've had no sleep over it.

Mods may feel free to delete this post.
LeeCalder   04 Aug 2015, 8:37 am
(04 Aug 2015, 7:56 am)GX03 SVC wrote I don't find this amusing nor a joke, it seems I'm being seen in a way that no-one else would like to be seen.

I am not nor do I want to be in "Bazza's Fraternity", I do not affiliate with people like that and I was intending to stay until it got boring, which was straight away. But I had spent an hour on a very hot bus so I didn't want to go straight home.

I'm sick and tired of being seen as a "bus spotter", which I'm worried that most members of the forum may see me as due to the people who I'm friends with as nobody else has wanted to know me.

Completely agree with everything you are saying Tommy. I used to be in a little circle of me, Bazza and Davie, however, I decided that I was going to move on and try and do my own thing. Obviously, when I'm out and about I will occasionally be with the likes of Bazza but I won't forcefully go out and about with anyone. I much prefer to go my own way now.  

With the second point, I'm sure most people on the forum see me in this way also. Especially with Bazza's obsessive use of the word "Bus Spotter". Now to me, a bus spotter is someone that stands around with pen and notepad writing down fleet numbers etc. I certainly am not that, and that is another reason why I now prefer to do my own thing.

I have met many more fantastic people since I joined this forum, such as Marcus, Jack, Sid, You, Adrian and many more. And for that reason, that's why I no longer see myself as in "Bazza's Fraternity" as Malarkey (meaningless talk; nonsense) calls it.
MrFozz   04 Aug 2015, 8:49 am
(04 Aug 2015, 7:56 am)GX03 SVC wrote I don't find this amusing nor a joke, it seems I'm being seen in a way that no-one else would like to be seen.

(04 Aug 2015, 8:37 am)LeeCalder wrote Completely agree with everything you are saying Tommy. I used to be in a little circle of me, Bazza and Davie, however, I decided that I was going to move on and try and do my own thing. Obviously, when I'm out and about I will occasionally be with the likes of Bazza but I won't forcefully go out and about with anyone. I much prefer to go my own way now.  

With the second point, I'm sure most people on the forum see me in this way also. Especially with Bazza's obsessive use of the word "Bus Spotter". Now to me, a bus spotter is someone that stands around with pen and notepad writing down fleet numbers etc. I certainly am not that, and that is another reason why I now prefer to do my own thing.

I have met many more fantastic people since I joined this forum, such as Marcus, Jack, Sid, You, Adrian and many more. And for that reason, that's why I no longer see myself as in "Bazza's Fraternity" as Malarkey (meaningless talk; nonsense) calls it.

Parts of that I agree with...

I agree about the use of 'bus spotter' I hate it too, but you turn up to a bus event, you take photos of buses, to most your seen as just that...I won't call you a bus spotter, but to most that is what you are...If you don't want to be associated with 'Bus Spotting' then it is simple, don't turn up to bus events.

Oh and there is no need to turn on Bazza like that...thata my tuppence worth
LeeCalder   04 Aug 2015, 8:54 am
(04 Aug 2015, 8:49 am)MrFozz wrote Parts of that I agree with...

I agree about the use of 'bus spotter' I hate it too, but you turn up to a bus event, you take photos of buses, to most your seen as just that...I won't call you a bus spotter, but to most that is what you are...If you don't want to be associated with 'Bus Spotting' then it is simple, don't turn up to bus events.

Oh and there is no need to turn on Bazza like that...thata my tuppence worth

I am not turning on Bazza, I am still friends with the lad, I still see him at Heworth or where ever and take photos with him. My point is just that I am moving on from that little circle.

I was just using Bazza's use of the word Bus Spotter as an example as it frustrates me so much when I'm walking along and he is talking about being a bus spotter, especially when there is someone I know lurking around.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Jimmi   04 Aug 2015, 8:54 am
(04 Aug 2015, 7:56 am)GX03 SVC wrote I don't find this amusing nor a joke, it seems I'm being seen in a way that no-one else would like to be seen.

I think the whole "Bazza's Fraternity" thing was just purely a joke from what had been said on the forum earlier in the night where some of the posts contained sexual innuendos. It probably won't have been directly aimed at anyone.

I wouldn't worry about who you are friends with or who you talk to in this hobby as many of us don't care and would not see you in any different light based on who you or anyone else decides to associate or not associate with.
MrFozz   04 Aug 2015, 9:03 am
(04 Aug 2015, 8:54 am)LeeCalder wrote I am not turning on Bazza, I am still friends with the lad, I still see him at Heworth or where ever and take photos with him. My point is just that I am moving on from that little circle.

I was just using Bazza's use of the word Bus Spotter as an example as it frustrates me so much when I'm walking along and he is talking about being a bus spotter, especially when there is someone I know lurking around.

Apologies Lee,it was more Tommy I was referring to, shoulda made that clear, his wording was quite harsh...

We get back to this whole 'I hope my pals don't see me when I'm taking pictures' while I understand why people may feel like that, how can you enjoy something if you end up looking over your shoulder all the time to see who may be watching you, I can't see the enjoyment in that, my friends know of my interest, and think it is great, it has given people something to talk to me about, a couple take the piss, but never nasty, as one of my mates said 'At least I am not raping, murdering, robbing people' some of you guys really need to think about that and think how you might get over that.

Must admit I don't like the term Bus Spotter, when I was your age it would be turned into Bus Botter [emoji14] Bus Enthusiast is fine by me
Malarkey   04 Aug 2015, 9:14 am
Think a few of you need to take a chill pill and stop taking things to heart and getting all defensive about it, the "Bazzas Fraternity"thing was merely a Joke following all the sexual innuendo comments over the past few days.
MrFozz   04 Aug 2015, 9:17 am
(04 Aug 2015, 9:14 am)Malarkey wrote Think a few of you need to take a chill pill and stop taking things to heart and getting all defensive about it, the "Bazzas Fraternity"thing was merely a Joke following all the sexual innuendo comments over the past few days.

Here Here
[emoji122] [emoji122] [emoji122] [emoji122] [emoji122]
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Tom   04 Aug 2015, 9:33 am
(04 Aug 2015, 7:56 am)GX03 SVC wrote I don't find this amusing nor a joke, it seems I'm being seen in a way that no-one else would like to be seen.

(04 Aug 2015, 8:37 am)LeeCalder wrote Completely agree with everything you are saying Tommy. I used to be in a little circle of me, Bazza and Davie, however, I decided that I was going to move on and try and do my own thing. Obviously, when I'm out and about I will occasionally be with the likes of Bazza but I won't forcefully go out and about with anyone. I much prefer to go my own way now.  

Why do you care what people think anyway? If you want to be mates with Bazza then it's nothing to do with anyone on the forum.
MrFozz   04 Aug 2015, 10:48 am
(04 Aug 2015, 10:38 am)Adam wrote I unexpectedly bumped into one of my American friends when getting a Costa at Eldon Square bus station. We had a catchup for a good hour. I haven't seen her since December.

Was a very nice and pleasant surprise Smile
Hope ya hid ya camera...

Wouldn't want people thinking your a bus spotter now would you [emoji14]
MurdnunoC   04 Aug 2015, 10:56 am
You all do realise that taking photographs of buses with the intent of uploading them to Flickr is, in fact, bus spotting.

You are still documenting what you've seen and most of you include fleet-numbers etc. within the descriptions anyway.

Just because you're not jotting things down on a piece of paper or ticking off buses from a fleet-list doesn't make you any less of bus-spotter than anyone who does. You are simply using a different format of engagement with the hobby.
Jimmi   04 Aug 2015, 10:57 am
(04 Aug 2015, 10:56 am)MurdnunoC wrote You all do realise that taking photographs of buses with the intent of uploading them to Flickr is, in fact, bus spotting.

You are still documenting what you've seen and most of you include fleet-numbers etc. within the descriptions anyway.

Just because you're not jotting things down on a piece of paper or ticking off buses on fleet-list doesn't make you any less of bus-spotter than anyone who does.
In some ways having photographic evidence probably makes you more of a "bus spotter"
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
LeeCalder   04 Aug 2015, 10:59 am
(04 Aug 2015, 10:56 am)MurdnunoC wrote You all do realise that taking photographs of buses with the intent of uploading them to Flickr is, in fact, bus spotting.

Just because you're not jotting things down on a piece of paper or ticking off buses from a fleet-list doesn't make you any less of bus-spotter than anyone who does. You are simply using a different format of engagement with the hobby.

I am fully aware of that, however, I don't like being referred to as a bus spotter because of the stereotypes that are attached to it. For that reason, I'd rather be labeled at Bus Enthusiast.

A bit like when I go to to get my train photos, most people around my age that do so HATE being called a train spotter. So do I, I am a train enthusiast.
MurdnunoC   04 Aug 2015, 11:08 am
(04 Aug 2015, 10:59 am)LeeCalder wrote I am fully aware of that, however, I don't like being referred to as a bus spotter because of the stereotypes that are attached to it. For that reason,  I'd rather be labeled at Bus Enthusiast.

A bit like when I go to to get my train photos, most people around my age that do so HATE being called a train spotter. So do I, I am a train enthusiast.

But it doesn't deter from the fact that you are a bus/train-spotter. 

I agree that 'spotters' do invoke a particular stereotypical image, but so do other hobbies. Simply changing the term from 'spotter' to 'enthusiast' won't do anything to dispel the image associated with the hobby. If anything, it makes people sound elitist because they seemingly look down upon 'spotters'.

The term 'spotter' wasn't a derogatory term originally. Back in the age of steam, when Ian Allen started printing lists of engines for people to 'spot', loads of people engaged with the hobby and didn't mind being called 'spotters'.
Pages (136)    185 86 87136