You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - July 2014

Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - July 2014

RE: Arriva North East - Latest
(21 Jul 2014, 6:49 am)danpick wrote Will get the 46 as its now extended to the RVI.

The NHS solos, with 2848 providing a extra bus for the increased PVR.
Site Administrator
(21 Jul 2014, 6:54 am)Tom wrote The NHS solos, with 2848 providing a extra bus for the increased PVR.

As I think he was looking for fleet numbers, the 'NHS Solos' should be 2844-48.
(21 Jul 2014, 6:57 am)Dan wrote As I think he was looking for fleet numbers, the 'NHS Solos' should be 2844-48.

Am I right in saying the PVR for the 46 will be three when the service is extended to the CAV and RVI?
If so, will the fourth Solo be branded for the 553, or a spare for the 46?
(21 Jul 2014, 7:01 am)Tom wrote Am I right in saying the PVR for the 46 will be three when the service is extended to the CAV and RVI?

4 Tom, it's already a PVR of 3... 553 is an additional bus though the NHS shuttle no longer runs so the overall PVR only increases by one, hence 2848 arriving from Darlington.

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

Site Administrator
(21 Jul 2014, 7:01 am)Tom wrote Am I right in saying the PVR for the 46 will be three when the service is extended to the CAV and RVI?

If I remembered mine and Scott's conversation properly from the other day, five Solos are being repainted - not four - as I said above, in the form of 2844-48 one would assume.
Expect delays to Sapphire Service 7 over the next few weeks due to gas improvement works at Thinford.

http://m.thenorthernecho.co.uk/news/1134...ment_work/

The one I'm on has taken about 10 minutes to get from Ferryhill Market Place to Thinford roundabout.
Site Administrator
We were already aware of it, but I've just received an e-mail from Arriva...

"Hi

We would like to extend an open invitation to attend the launch of Sapphire at Newbiggin Maritime Centre on 29th July between 11am – 1pm.

We will be displaying possibly 5 of the new ADL Enviro400 buses at the event. The buses will be ‘launched’ by Royal lookalikes Her Majesty the Queen and Prince Charles.

Regards"
(21 Jul 2014, 12:48 pm)Dan wrote We were already aware of it, but I've just received an e-mail from Arriva...

"Hi

We would like to extend an open invitation to attend the launch of Sapphire at Newbiggin Maritime Centre on 29th July between 11am – 1pm.

We will be displaying possibly 5 of the new ADL Enviro400 buses at the event. The buses will be ‘launched’ by Royal lookalikes Her Majesty the Queen and Prince Charles.

Regards"

You'd think they could at least have afforded someone from Geordie Shore.
221 (V221PCX) has entered service today on Nexus service 168 for Durham depot.

Site Administrator
Re: RE: Arriva North East - Latest
(21 Jul 2014, 1:04 pm)tyresmoke wrote 221 (V221PCX) has entered service today on Nexus service 168 for Durham depot.
Thanks Scott - this day was originally planned to be quite simple but now it seems I'm going to venture to Hetton.

If you don't hear from me again, I'm probably dead. :p
(21 Jul 2014, 1:11 pm)Dan wrote Thanks Scott - this day was originally planned to be quite simple but now it seems I'm going to venture to Hetton.

If you don't hear from me again, I'm probably dead. :p

Are you still alive? Wink
You could have got some picturesque shots around the village at East Rainton and not put your life on the line in the badlands of Hetton.
'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Site Administrator
(21 Jul 2014, 7:07 pm)Andreos Constantopolous wrote Are you still alive? Wink
You could have got some picturesque shots around the village at East Rainton and not put your life on the line in the badlands of Hetton.

First time I've been to Hetton for photographs, man. Slowly but surely get there... Tongue
If Stagecoach didn't keep me so busy with the Teesside Tridents, I'd have managed to get there before the last run and stood a chance of getting a better photo.

(21 Jul 2014, 7:14 pm)tyresmoke wrote Well done Dan, nice pic. Will have to go and photograph this run myself at some point!

Thanks! Is it usually allocated a Solo?
(21 Jul 2014, 6:30 pm)Dan wrote [Image: 14710538545_5e29cbd1c7.jpg]Arriva North East: 221 / V221PCX by danielgrahamm, on Flickr

I noticed someone in Hetton Interchange taking photographs as the bus I was on (265) passed through on its way to Durham at around 14:30. My bus passed service 168 approx two or three minutes earlier on its way into Hetton.

Presumably, this was too early for it to be you?
Site Administrator
Re: RE: Arriva North East - Latest
(21 Jul 2014, 10:02 pm)AdamY wrote I noticed someone in Hetton Interchange taking photographs as the bus I was on (265) passed through on its way to Durham at around 14:30. My bus passed service 168 approx two or three minutes earlier on its way into Hetton.

Presumably, this was too early for it to be you?
Steven Hodgson uploaded some photos of the same bus at Hetton too, so I guess it could have been him, as I didn't arrive until 1710 and I was gone by 1716. Tongue
223 has entered service today at Stockton on the staff shuttle...
.jpg image.jpg

I know we have discussed in the past that the interworking of the 35 and X21 on a Sunday will terminate once the X21 goes Sapphire, however on Sunday I saw this interworking still in place, is this going to change?
What will happen with the 8 Pulsars allocated to the 306 when the Streetlites arrive? I got told by one driver that they will use them on the 43 / 44 and 45 board but still use deckers on matchdays.
(22 Jul 2014, 3:18 pm)DaveyBowyer wrote What will happen with the 8 Pulsars allocated to the 306 when the Streetlites arrive? I got told by one driver that they will use them on the 43 / 44 and 45 board but still use deckers on matchdays.

I think it's now more than likely to be 52/53 considering it's pointless branding B10BLEs for those when they'll be up for replacement next year anyway.
(22 Jul 2014, 3:39 pm)Kuyoyo wrote I think it's now more than likely to be 52/53 considering it's pointless branding B10BLEs for those when they'll be up for replacement next year anyway.

I'd say that the 52 / 53 would benefit from Versas or Streetlites better. They're small, lightweight, easy on the fuel and the economics would be good whilst providing new buses.
(22 Jul 2014, 5:10 pm)DaveyBowyer wrote I'd say that the 52 / 53 would benefit from Versas or Streetlites better. They're small, lightweight, easy on the fuel and the economics would be good whilst providing new buses.

As are Pulsars (which are a damn sight newer than what is presently used on the 52/53) - and given there's no extra StreetLites on order other than the 5 for Darlington, then the 43/44/45 will just have to make do with the remaining B10BLEs, the B7TLs and DB250s.

EDIT: On the subject of StreetLites, Stockton's examples are now all delivered with the arrival of 1558 (NK14 GGU) (photo @ Steven Hodgson)
(22 Jul 2014, 5:32 pm)Kuyoyo wrote As are Pulsars (which are a damn sight newer than what is presently used on the 52/53) - and given there's no extra StreetLites on order other than the 5 for Darlington, then the 43/44/45 will just have to make do with the remaining B10BLEs, the B7TLs and DB250s.

EDIT: On the subject of StreetLites, Stockton's examples are now all delivered with the arrival of 1558 (NK14 GGU) (photo @ Steven Hodgson)

Pulsars small??!!
(22 Jul 2014, 5:45 pm)Roland Pratt wrote Pulsars small??!!

Remove the small and that is a Pulsar - lightweight and easy on the fuel.
Does anyone know when the y-ebr buses are for scrap and the volvo b7s from london and when the volvo b10 ble's move to stockton which is heard from someone else
(22 Jul 2014, 6:15 pm)Philly rf wrote Does anyone know when the y-ebr buses are for scrap and the volvo b7s from london and when the volvo b10 ble's move to stockton which is heard from someone else

7436-44 will be withdrawn next year from Durham (7436-40 due to transfer to Durham), the B7TLs won't be withdrawn for a good number of years (given they are 51 and 02 reg which only makes them 12 years old). 4501/2/5/6/8/9 are due to move to Stockton at some point from Ashington however plans as always are subject to change and their move might be delayed.