You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

RE: Fleet Refurbishment
(30 Dec 2020, 6:53 pm)Malarkey wrote I got on 6054 this afternoon on the 27 and I am not a fan of the Red Seats with the base interior still being Blue mind, I think the should've went with the Navy Blue Moqette they used on the Voltra's, same goes for the QuayCity Versas.

Could've painted over the blue with Grey Paint as they did with the Cobalt & Coast examples.

It's not a refurbishment, it's a 'retrim' and it's too expensive to do with Covid.
Ne14ne1
(30 Dec 2020, 6:25 pm)Michael wrote 6049 has returned from refurbishment and repaint - repainted in to 2019 fleet livery and is currently allocated to Deptford:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/27204054@N...7626300081 - photo by Peter Barclay

Have the road strips crept forward? I’m going to have to do a Flickr search as I thought the road strips were closer to the rear wheels on earlier examples.
I thought this would be best place to bring this up and it hasn't been mentioned in a while. Have the Green Arrow E200s received their cant rail lights yet?
Ne14ne1
(20 Oct 2021, 9:43 am)JP6004 wrote I thought this would be best place to bring this up and it hasn't been mentioned in a while. Have the Green Arrow E200s received their cant rail lights yet?
I was going to bring this up the other night.

Not from what I’ve seen. If I remember rightly I’ve only ever noticed one, ages ago.

I do keep seeing a Yutong with only half the green strip lit up front and back.
RE: Ne14ne1
(20 Oct 2021, 9:48 am)ne14ne1 wrote I was going to bring this up the other night.

Not from what I’ve seen. If I remember rightly I’ve only ever noticed one, ages ago.

I do keep seeing a Yutong with only half the green strip lit up front and back.
Great minds! Yes the spare 5498 that was shown off at that show had them installed on delivery.
Not seen any E10s recently so couldn't comment but suprised they've failed already.....might just be a loose connection somewhere
Have they? Haven’t they just done the E400MMCs in fleet livery, and the one in golden jubilee, and then most recently the new pride Gemini?
(15 May 2022, 10:08 pm)Wybus wrote Have they? Haven’t they just done the E400MMCs in fleet livery, and the one in golden jubilee, and then most recently the new pride Gemini?

Durham 2025 Streetlite and Replacement Toon Tours Open Tops included, Saltmeadows are certainly very busy at the moment.
(15 May 2022, 11:23 pm)Acky81 wrote Why it taking so long for the 20 60 and 61 to get done

Given the rumoured upcoming service changes, may very well be that plans have changed.
(16 May 2022, 12:33 am)peter wrote Given the rumoured upcoming service changes, may very well be that plans have changed.

I wouldn't be surprised if the 61 became Violet... As for the 20, depends how many will be needed as Prince Bishops after the changes
(28 Aug 2022, 3:42 pm)Unber43 wrote https://www.flickr.com/photos/37thebat/5...Np-2nGUbGc

647 looking worse for wear

Quite a lot of the fleet that were painted into the 2016 corporate livery then got this 2019 patch work done look horrendous right now, 5453-5462 are in desperate need of a repaint, I doubt the Solo SR's that have the adapted livery will be repainted neither will the 61XX Omnidekka's/69XX B7 Geminis and 83XX Versa as these will be due for Withdrawal soon.
Site Administrator
Fleet Refurbishment
(02 Sep 2022, 9:36 pm)Unber43 wrote As it's been a year will the 65 get interior branding I noticed it was missing when I was in Durham earlier?

I’d imagine this would be classed as ‘titivation’ and be branded ‘a waste of money’ on this forum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(02 Sep 2022, 9:39 pm)Dan wrote I’d imagine this would be classed as ‘titivation’ and be branded ‘a waste of money’ on this forum.

The 65 has clearly been a success whether that is due to branding or not is debatable however if you do the exterior you might aswell do the interior.
(02 Sep 2022, 9:42 pm)Unber43 wrote The 65 has clearly been a success whether that is due to branding or not is debatable however if you do the exterior you might aswell do the interior.

Don't how you can say the 65 has been success when it's down to hourly like it always has been minus the Peterlee - Seaham and Peterlee - Durham routes (forgot the number and cba to find them) which have been scrapped altogether which made it every 30 minutes for most people.

They wouldn't cut a service if it's successful especially to hourly which is infrequent.
(02 Sep 2022, 9:39 pm)Dan wrote I’d imagine this would be classed as ‘titivation’ and be branded ‘a waste of money’ on this forum.

But being the HOtit, surely you know the score and would be able to explain how its not a waste of money.
'Illegitimis non carborundum'
(03 Sep 2022, 3:52 pm)Unber43 wrote Will 8339-46 & The 8320-8328 be refurbed at any point?
8339-46 are the same age as the Drifter so would imagine they will be refurbished same time as them
(03 Sep 2022, 5:17 pm)Retro Nero wrote 8339-46 are the same age as the Drifter so would imagine they will be refurbished same time as them
I don't think the Drifters will be the drifters when they get refurbed. I think they'll be moved onto the X20, with 1 or 2 in Charcoal Spares

5369-5376 X20 Xlines
8339-46 35
Any other buses getting refurbs? The last ones that got refurbed I think was the Sunderland & District Berries Optares. Any Drifters/Ex-Saltwell Parks or any other versa's etc getting retrimmed and or USB's installed. I really hope the Drifters get USB's soon.
(06 Oct 2022, 11:59 am)streetdeckfan wrote Have the Angel StreetDecks had any work done to the suspension?
I'm currently on 6320 and it feels much smoother than I remember them being!

Sent from my AC2003 using Tapatalk

Nahhh the new Riverside lot drive them so painfully and carefully slow they just feel smoother.
Wistfully stuck in the 90s