You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Go North East: 2014/15 Financial Year Order Predictions

Go North East: 2014/15 Financial Year Order Predictions

RE: Go North East: 2014/15 Financial Year Order Predictions
(13 Apr 2015, 7:45 pm)Malarkey wrote Will these B9TLs be Refurbished to Go North East Standard, or will they come as they are from Dealer Stock, As the Seats on the ones going to PrestonBus dont look very Comfortable.

BJ15 TWK 
https://www.flickr.com/photos/pityarder/16517632583/

I think the GNE ones will get the new standard - e-leather high back, wifi and power sockets.
(14 Apr 2015, 6:16 pm)DaveyBowyer wrote Lets hope the B9s don't get Tachographed or they'll get hammered.

How?? 
Site Administrator
(14 Apr 2015, 6:19 pm)mb134 wrote How?? 

As they would become "last resort spares" for the "Tyne Tees Xpress" services - although shouldn't be prioritised over the red B7s and 6084!
(14 Apr 2015, 6:27 pm)Tommy_1581 wrote X9/X10

Should be allocated to the 47 only, however this is Riverside.... 
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(14 Apr 2015, 6:27 pm)Tommy_1581 wrote X9/X10

(14 Apr 2015, 6:28 pm)Dan wrote As they would become "last resort spares" for the "Tyne Tees Xpress" services - although shouldn't be prioritised over the red B7s and 6084!

Ah okay, makes sense! Cheers both Smile 
Site Administrator
(14 Apr 2015, 6:28 pm)Michael wrote Should be allocated to the 47 only, however this is Riverside.... 

Read this, but replace 'Enviro' with 'Volvo B9'... Tongue 
(14 Apr 2015, 7:28 pm)cbma06 wrote Does GNE service 47 warrant double deckers?

Like all services the viability of double deckers during off peak hours is questionable, but at peak times the single deckers simply can't cope. And of course the service will expect growth over the coming months and year and couple with DDA regulation in 2016 I would say allocating new (DDA compliant) double deckers is quite logical. 
(14 Apr 2015, 7:33 pm)Sidthebusbabe wrote Like all services the viability of double deckers during off peak hours is questionable, but at peak times the single deckers simply can't cope. And of course the service will expect growth over the coming months and year and couple with DDA regulation in 2016 I would say allocating double deckers is quite logical. 

I didn't know what the loadings were like as I havnt been over that way for quite awhile, wasn't this service branded the Derwent ranger?

Well, perhaps you'll go over that way if GNE purchase new B9's for the 47....
Yes it was 'Derwent Ranger' a few years ago, I was looking at a timetable from then recently. The frequency hasn't changed since then.
(16 Apr 2015, 4:07 pm)Michael wrote Just an update on my own predictions for rest of the order

Being confirmed:

Omnidekkers - How many, were not sure. - If 10 appears, i think they'll go on the Crusader
4 B9's for the 47, Joins the Red Kite brand - Eclipses move on the FAB 57

Moves:

Crusader Citaro's -
4 to Tynedale express
5/6 to Fast Cats - X35

Scania's from Tynedale express/Fast cats replace the B10's

Withdrawn:

FAB 57 - B10's
8 more B10's

---------------------------

Next lot:

East Durham -  Solo Sr's... what is the PVR?, GNE fleet shows 15 and the fleet on here shows 8?

Decker order... i have no idea... which services deserve decker's...... or will GNE just buy them to start replacing the Lolyne's?

Withdrawn:

East Durham MPD's

PVR for 27 is 13. Where will the other 3 DD come from?
(16 Apr 2015, 4:14 pm)JP6004 wrote PVR for 27 is 13. Where will the other 3 DD come from?

Lmao, i forgot some have being repainted! 

I'll delete my post and re- do it!
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Just an update on my own predictions for rest of the order

Being confirmed:

Omnidekkers - How many, were not sure. - Pronto - replaces the B7's

Moves:

B7's to a spare role

Withdrawn:

FAB 57 - B10's

Next lot:

East Durham -  Solo Sr's... what is the PVR?, GNE fleet shows 15 and the fleet list on here shows 8?

Decker order... i have no idea... which services deserve decker's...... or will GNE just buy them to start replacing the Lolyne's?

Withdrawn:

East Durham MPD's

Edit: - GNE keep start and stopping with these repaints Tongue 
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(16 Apr 2015, 4:17 pm)Michael wrote Just an update on my own predictions for rest of the order

Being confirmed:

Omnidekkers - How many, were not sure. - Pronto - replaces the B7's

Moves:

B7's to a spare role

Withdrawn:

FAB 57 - B10's

Next lot:

East Durham -  Solo Sr's... what is the PVR?, GNE fleet shows 15 and the fleet list on here shows 8?

Withdrawn:

East Durham MPD's

Edit: - GNE keep start and stopping with these repaints Tongue 
Maybe deckers for Diamond? Best way to increase capacity but keep frequency the same.

Displaced Citaro's to Highwayman and spares for Washington and Deptford?
East Durham is 12 PVR at Peterlee, I think with 2 including 238 which is of course Deptford based. 14 Solos needed for East Durham then, if 238 keeps their solos?
(16 Apr 2015, 4:31 pm)JP6004 wrote Maybe deckers for Diamond? Best way to increase capacity but keep frequency the same.

Displaced Citaro's to Highwayman and spares for Washington and Deptford?

The citaro's are due a repaint, so maybe, not sure which other routes have the passenger numbers to go from single to double deckers... some say the X30/X31/X70/X71 may get some. 
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Site Administrator
(16 Apr 2015, 7:21 pm)Drifter60 wrote East Durham is 12 PVR at Peterlee, I think with 2 including 238 which is of course Deptford based. 14 Solos needed for East Durham then, if 238 keeps their solos?

Yes - the PVR of the "East Durham" branded services is 12 at Peterlee. Probably best to exclude the 238 service at Deptford from the PVR given that it's not allocated "East Durham" branded vehicles anymore.

The reason why there's a smaller number of "East Durham" branded vehicles on our fleet lists is because the oldest branded examples were withdrawn following the arrival of newer MPDs at Peterlee from Consett (displaced by new Solo SRs in 2013). These vehicles never received the large "East Durham" logo on the side of the bus with this instead being used as advertising space. Smaller logos were gained and the "Venture" taglines were retained as they were similar to the "East Durham" taglines.
(16 Apr 2015, 7:28 pm)Dan wrote Yes - the PVR of the "East Durham" branded services is 12 at Peterlee. Probably best to exclude the 238 service at Deptford from the PVR given that it's not allocated "East Durham" branded vehicles anymore.

The reason why there's a smaller number of "East Durham" branded vehicles is because the oldest branded examples were withdrawn following the arrival of newer MPDs at Peterlee from Consett (displaced by new Solo SRs in 2013). These vehicles never received the large "East Durham" logo on the side of the bus with this instead being used as advertising space. Smaller logos were gained and the "Venture" taglines were retained as they were similar to the "East Durham" taglines.

That's why i couldn't find the full list on here... 

With the 238, i don't think it will be re-branded again as the East Durham, unless all of the East Durham network gets new buses. 

Also with the 238 increasing its PVR by 1 at end of the month, 1 more buses is needed, any bus can be used but with the area's it goes, a SOLO SR maybe better or a MPD.... not sure if Deptford can have another SOLO SR to make it 3 NEXUS branded ones ...due to them being used else where.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(16 Apr 2015, 7:24 pm)Michael wrote The citaro's are due a repaint, so maybe, not sure which other routes have the passenger numbers to go from single to double deckers... some say the X30/X31/X70/X71 may get some. 

I concur  Big Grin
(16 Apr 2015, 7:31 pm)Michael wrote That's why i couldn't find the full list on here... 

With the 238, i don't think it will be re-branded again as the East Durham, unless all of the East Durham network gets new buses. 

Also with the 238 increasing its PVR by 1 at end of the month, 1 more buses is needed, any bus can be used but with the area's it goes, a SOLO SR maybe better or a MPD.... not sure if Deptford can have another SOLO SR to make it 3 NEXUS branded ones ...due to them being used else where.

People are rumouring that V9 could be replaced by the new 47, so that would 1 solo is freed up. However, as there's only 4 B9's can it be possible that the 47 wil V9? I think probably not, and unless the venture network loses one of its spares then I'm not a there's any free solo SR's.  
(16 Apr 2015, 9:49 pm)Drifter60 wrote People are rumouring that V9 could be replaced by the new 47, so that would 1 solo is freed up. However, as there's only 4 B9's can it be possible that the 47 wil V9? I think probably not, and unless the venture network loses one of its spares then I'm not a there's any free solo SR's.  

But what if the 47 was to replace the V9, and then have it interwork with the 45/46 at Newcastle and Consett.
Site Administrator
(16 Apr 2015, 10:01 pm)Malarkey wrote But what if the 47 was to replace the V9, and then have it interwork with the 45/46 at Newcastle and Consett.

Has there been a VOSA registration change submitted for this service alteration which you're proposing? If not, I think we know the likelihood of this happening...
I wonder if GNE will get some B9s for the Pronto if they have 7 of them lying around somewhere. I know that only the orders for the Lime, Red Kites and X66 have been announced and even implemented to some degree but GNE could perhaps be keeping it on the hush even from the drivers to prevent Arriva striking back with their MAX X12 service.

Think that it will probably just be Omnideckas though.
Think Go North East should purchase 4 Volvo B8RLE Wright Eclipses and cascade 4 Volvo B9TLs off the X1 onto the X21, With the deckers being allocated to the Peak Runs of the X21, Having used the X21 Twice on Monday from Durham to Bishop Auckland and back to Durham I wouldnt say it justifies the usage of a full batch of 8 Deckers.

The Remaining 10 B9TLs off the X1 would then be reallocated to the X30/X31/X70 and X71, No Idea on the PVR of these Services, 3943 would be Repainted into the Corporate Livery, As a Result of the above 15 Scania Enviro 400MMCs would be purchased for the X1.
(27 Apr 2015, 10:12 am)JP6004 wrote If the 47 includes the omnidekkas, this would suggest there is only 15 being transferrer instead of the suggested 18 or 21

It says 47 NEW buses .....

The scania omnideckers are 03 reg so ain't new.

How many streetlights are there altogether... plus 4 B9s.