Menu

Pages (136)    168 69 70136   
R852 PRG   27 Apr 2015, 8:50 pm
Well, after a seemingly never-ending day at school, as I headed to my grandmas this evening for a chat - I was greeted with some photos on her laptop of the ''Coast & Country'' launch on Friday.

About ten photos, quite a few show Dan in them, as well as Bazza and someone else alongside him, not too clear though. Wasn't a high quality camera she took, although she did comment on the number of seemingly random people stopping to take photos!

Anyway, she managed to pick up some merchandise I had told her about, and it looks like she was handed two bags. So, I have two days of free travel. Big Grin Nice one, Go North East! She also said she would be interested in riding some of the new buses when they enter service, as she said it looked like a ''first class'' bus on the inside. Tongue

#elephantscanremember
Tom   27 Apr 2015, 8:53 pm
Bournemouth getting promoted.
What an achievement after nearly slipping into the conference six years ago.
Dan   27 Apr 2015, 8:54 pm
Now I recall chatting with an older woman who said they looked like "first class buses"..!

I wonder if I unintentionally spoke to your grandma last Friday... If so, she was certainly more talkative than you were at The Galleries the first time you saw me, Marcus!
R852 PRG   27 Apr 2015, 8:57 pm
(27 Apr 2015, 8:54 pm)Dan wrote Now I recall chatting with an older woman who said they looked like "first class buses"..!

I wonder if I unintentionally spoke to your grandma last Friday... If so, she was certainly more talkative than you were at The Galleries the first time you saw me, Marcus!

We learnt the hard way that I'm a non-stop chatterbox in Durham a month ago, didn't we? Wink
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Jimmi   27 Apr 2015, 9:00 pm
(27 Apr 2015, 8:36 pm)Jimmi wrote Received a FlickrMail from Skelton Coaches earlier tonight asking if I would allow them to use my photo of their Panther SC63TOY at the Transporter Bridge yesterday on their website and Facebook page.

Now on their Facebook
[Image: e5dab843d8b4a54dbd5fd2036b69dec3.jpg]
MurdnunoC   27 Apr 2015, 9:07 pm
(27 Apr 2015, 8:36 pm)Jimmi wrote Received a FlickrMail from Skelton Coaches earlier tonight asking if I would allow them to use my photo of their Panther SC63TOY at the Transporter Bridge yesterday on their website and Facebook page.

This is the photo they want to use.
[Image: 16659535833_d060868cda.jpg]Skelton Coaches: 8 / SC63 TOY by Jimmi's Bus Photos, on Flickr

You see that's actually a nice shot. The Transporter Bridge presents an interesting background and, I don't know if you've noticed, the structure of the bridge runs perfectly parallel with the roof of the coach. 

In my opinion, it beats any bus station shot. 

Kudos.
Jimmi   27 Apr 2015, 9:15 pm
(27 Apr 2015, 9:07 pm)MurdnunoC wrote You see that's actually a nice shot. The Transporter Bridge presents an interesting background and, I don't know if you've noticed, the structure of the bridge runs perfectly parallel with the roof of the coach. 

In my opinion, it beats any bus station shot. 

Kudos.

Cheers, I did think the same when I was uploading the image last night.

I do try and make my photos as interesting as I can and much prefer taking and viewing photos away from bus stations, not saying there is anything wrong with bus station shots but I think it is good to provide variety.
MrFozz   27 Apr 2015, 11:58 pm
(27 Apr 2015, 8:53 pm)Tom wrote Bournemouth getting promoted.
What an achievement after nearly slipping into the conference six years ago.
Declared Insolvent round about the same time...

Very fricking solvent now Big Grin
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
MurdnunoC   28 Apr 2015, 3:05 pm
I swore I forgot to my bin out on my way to work this morning. But upon my return I discovered my bin outside, empty. Presumably it wasn't the refuse technicians, so it remains a mystery, but I'm happy nonetheless.
idiot   28 Apr 2015, 3:51 pm
Was yesterday not today.. But I'm learning to swim. Second lesson and I swam 10 metres!
MrFozz   29 Apr 2015, 7:20 am
(27 Apr 2015, 8:50 pm)MarcTheA4 wrote Well, after a seemingly never-ending day at school, as I headed to my grandmas this evening for a chat - I was greeted with some photos on her laptop of the ''Coast & Country'' launch on Friday.

About ten photos, quite a few show Dan in them, as well as Bazza and someone else alongside him, not too clear though. Wasn't a high quality camera she took, although she did comment on the number of seemingly random people stopping to take photos!

Anyway, she managed to pick up some merchandise I had told her about, and it looks like she was handed two bags. So, I have two days of free travel. Big Grin Nice one, Go North East! She also said she would be interested in riding some of the new buses when they enter service, as she said it looked like a ''first class'' bus on the inside. [emoji14]

#elephantscanremember

He would turn up to the opening of an envelope...

Joking Bazza [emoji14]
LeeCalder   29 Apr 2015, 9:02 am
(29 Apr 2015, 7:20 am)MrFozz wrote He would turn up to the opening of an envelope...

Joking Bazza [emoji14]

The person with him will be Davie
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
MrFozz   29 Apr 2015, 3:02 pm
(29 Apr 2015, 9:02 am)leestransportphotos wrote The person with him will be Davie
Does Davie like a good old opening of an envelope Big Grin

As long as it ain't in Durham [FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY]
LeeCalder   29 Apr 2015, 3:03 pm
(29 Apr 2015, 3:02 pm)MrFozz wrote Does Davie like a good old opening of an envelope Big Grin

As long as it ain't in Durham [emoji23]

[emoji23]
Malarkey   29 Apr 2015, 4:30 pm
Got myself a Job at last, well loads of little jobs as I could be working anywhere through an Agency called Direct Recruitment who have a Number Clients across the Catering Sector along with other Areas.

Basically as and when needed I will get call saying I need to be here, I need to be there and so on, so I could be working at the Hilton Hotel doing a 12 Hour Shift, I could up at Kingston Park for the Newcastle Falcons Matches, I will definitely being working "Ladies Day" at Newcastle Racecourse along with doing the Rugby World Cup Matches over the Summer. 
Tom   29 Apr 2015, 4:36 pm
Well done Adam Smile
Will cost you a lot of money in bus travel though?
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
northern156   29 Apr 2015, 4:56 pm
Looking forward to two job interviews within the company I work for tomorrow. Late start as I'll be leaving home at 0900 Smile

Forum Moderator  |  Find us on facebook

[Image: 0a85ed5b4e97324e338555472f222830.png]
Malarkey   29 Apr 2015, 5:40 pm
(29 Apr 2015, 4:36 pm)Tom wrote Well done Adam Smile
Will cost you a lot of money in bus travel though?

Good job they refund me a 3rd of the Cost, along with paying for my Dinners.
Tom   29 Apr 2015, 5:45 pm
(29 Apr 2015, 5:40 pm)Malarkey wrote Good job[Image: arrow-10x10.png] they refund me a 3rd of the Cost, along with paying for my Dinners.

Ah that's not bad then. 
Will be quite interesting going round a load of places. 
MrFozz   29 Apr 2015, 6:01 pm
(29 Apr 2015, 4:30 pm)Malarkey wrote Got myself a Job at last, well loads of little jobs as I could be working anywhere through an Agency called Direct Recruitment who have a Number Clients across the Catering Sector along with other Areas.

Basically as and when needed I will get call saying I need to be here, I need to be there and so on, so I could be working at the Hilton Hotel doing a 12 Hour Shift, I could up at Kingston Park for the Newcastle Falcons Matches, I will definitely being working "Ladies Day" at Newcastle Racecourse along with doing the Rugby World Cup Matches over the Summer. 

Chances are you may end up at The Stadium of Light and St James' Park on there matchdays and maybes there concerts too
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Malarkey   29 Apr 2015, 6:17 pm
(29 Apr 2015, 6:01 pm)MrFozz wrote Chances are you may end up at The Stadium of Light and St James' Park on there matchdays and maybes there concerts too

Told them I will only work at St J for the Rugby World Cup due to being a Sunderland Fan, wouldnt dare work for the Opposition, staying loyal to my Team.
Adrian   29 Apr 2015, 6:26 pm
I was passing through Waverley this morning on my way to Glasgow, and I happened to notice 87002 standing there! Was well pleased, as it's my first photo of a class 87 loco.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
northern156   29 Apr 2015, 9:26 pm
(29 Apr 2015, 6:26 pm)aureolin wrote I was passing through Waverley this morning on my way to Glasgow, and I happened to notice 87002 standing there! Was well pleased, as it's my first photo of a class 87 loco.

Been running up and down the WCML, like in the good old days, on Sleepers for the past couple of weeks due to some/most Class 92s failing. The 87 is normally used as a shunt loco from Wembley to/from London Euston but it's better that it's back proper mainline running I feel!

The other day, 92018 sat down near Warrington (I think) and got into London several hours later, a spare Cally Sleeper set had to run light from Crewe to Glasgow for that evening's service!

Forum Moderator  |  Find us on facebook

[Image: 0a85ed5b4e97324e338555472f222830.png]
Dan   01 May 2015, 6:22 am
The Metro being unusually quiet for this time of day...

Bring back winter, I say, as I haven't been on a single one with the heating blaring recently. Still needed on mornings - even if the skies are blue!
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Michael   01 May 2015, 6:26 am
(01 May 2015, 6:22 am)Dan wrote The Metro being unusually quiet for this time of day...

Bring back winter, I say, as I haven't been on a single one with the heating blaring recently. Still needed on mornings - even if the skies are blue!

BUT will you make it to your destination on time Tongue 

Glad i'm just using the 18 this morning Tongue 

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Dan   01 May 2015, 6:29 am
(01 May 2015, 6:26 am)Michael wrote BUT will you make it to your destination on time [emoji14] 

Glad i'm just using the 18 this morning [emoji14] 

Not sure what the crack is, but I've had no notable issues on my weekday commute for the past week or two! Perhaps I should be thankful of that instead of moaning about lack of heating. [emoji14]

Had some issues with late running early on Sunday morning, but it was nothing major and thankfully didn't cause any issues.
MrFozz   01 May 2015, 2:17 pm
(29 Apr 2015, 6:17 pm)Malarkey wrote Told them I will only work at St J for the Rugby World Cup due to being a Sunderland Fan, wouldnt dare work for the Opposition, staying loyal to my Team.

Lol...I see where ya coming from mate, but that's a mad excuse for not wanting to work somewhere, as it ain't like you have to support the Mags [FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY][SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH AND TIGHTLY-CLOSED EYES]Wink

When I worked at the SoL, there was loads of Newcastle, Middlesbrough, Hartlepool and Gateshead fans working there, even a couple of Blyth Spartans fans

More often than not, it is not the club you would work for, as a lot of clubs bring in an outside catering company, in Sunderlands case I worked for Lindley Catering and not SAFC
Malarkey   01 May 2015, 3:32 pm
(01 May 2015, 2:17 pm)MrFozz wrote Lol...I see where ya coming from mate, but that's a mad excuse for not wanting to work somewhere, as it ain't like you have to support the Mags [FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY][SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH AND TIGHTLY-CLOSED EYES]Wink

When I worked at the SoL, there was loads of Newcastle, Middlesbrough, Hartlepool and Gateshead fans working there, even a couple of Blyth Spartans fans

More often than not, it is not the club you would work for, as a lot of clubs bring in an outside catering company, in Sunderlands case I worked for Lindley Catering and not SAFC

Thing is though I had only applied to do the Rugby World Cup so really I zero interest in doing anything with the company after that, anything in the meantime is an added bonus.

When did you work for Lindley Catering Fozz, as I worked for them at SOL from August 2010 to January 2011.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
MrFozz   01 May 2015, 4:08 pm
(01 May 2015, 3:32 pm)Malarkey wrote Thing is though I had only applied to do the Rugby World Cup so really I zero interest in doing anything with the company after that, anything in the meantime is an added bonus.

When did you work for Lindley Catering Fozz, as I worked for them at SOL from August 2010 to January 2011.
First time in 2001-2002 and again from 2007-2011...Worked on the South Stand Away End till I nearly got sacked in 2010 after a game against Manchester United for the following

Manchester United Fans Like Vultures

Funny little story about that, When I got told off about it, I was reminded that I was not supposed to talk to the press as outlined in some kind of employees handbook, which surprised me, because up to that point, I had never seen the Handbook and as soon as I told them that every bar got a handbook very quick

Gary Hutchinson(think he is overall head of catering and hpspitality supposedly went absolutely ballistic, I only kept my job because

1:-I had no knowledge of the employees handbook...and
2:-I told the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth

I was not actually on the bar it happened, but the bar opposite and was close to go and wade in, as my dad was team leader on the affected Bar, his tills were down about 500 notes when things settled down Big Grin
Andreos1   01 May 2015, 4:43 pm
(01 May 2015, 4:08 pm)MrFozz wrote First time in 2001-2002 and again from 2007-2011...Worked on the South Stand Away End till I nearly got sacked in 2010 after a game against Manchester United for the following

Manchester United Fans Like Vultures

Funny little story about that, When I got told off about it, I was reminded that I was not supposed to talk to the press as outlined in some kind of employees handbook, which surprised me, because up to that point, I had never seen the Handbook and as soon as I told them that every bar got a handbook very quick

Gary Hutchinson(think he is overall head of catering and hpspitality supposedly went absolutely ballistic, I only kept my job because

1:-I had no knowledge of the employees handbook...and
2:-I told the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth

I was not actually on the bar it happened, but the bar opposite and was close to go and wade in, as my dad was team leader on the affected Bar, his tills were down about 500 notes when things settled down Big Grin

Never mind your 5 mins of fame, just read this (after reading your link) http://m.sunderlandecho.com/what-s-on/wa...-1-7240075

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Pages (136)    168 69 70136