You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - May 2015

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - May 2015

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - May 2015
(02 May 2015, 9:08 am)Tommy_1581 wrote The worrying thing about that is, if they cant get that right, how on earth are they going to run bus services in the entire of Tyne and Wear? 

I think you're getting Nexus and a private operator mixed up here? DB Regio T&W (operators of the Metro) have made no attempt to run bus services in the entire of Tyne and Wear, other than the Arriva services that their parent company have their hands in.
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
(02 May 2015, 9:20 am)aureolin wrote I think you're getting Nexus and a private operator mixed up here? DB Regio T&W (operators of the Metro) have made no attempt to run bus services in the entire of Tyne and Wear, other than the Arriva services that their parent company have their hands in.

I'll wake up first before I make any more posts...

(02 May 2015, 9:14 am)randomdude wrote Anyone know if any Coast & Country streetlites are out today?
To answer my own question, no they aren't, as I'm currently sat on a sunderland-bound b10.
Which 'carpark' will be closest to the 'coachpark' where the bus rally will be held on Monday?

Will the whole of the Riverside parking area be devoted to the rally, or will there be space for cars?

If parking elsewhere, what access is there to the rally area? ie crossing the railway.

Is there a courtesy bus running from nominated points direct into the rally site?
(02 May 2015, 2:21 pm)G-CPTN wrote Which 'carpark' will be closest to the 'coachpark' where the bus rally will be held on Monday?

Will the whole of the Riverside parking area be devoted to the rally, or will there be space for cars?

If parking elsewhere, what access is there to the rally area? ie crossing the railway.

Is there a courtesy bus running from nominated points direct into the rally site?

I'd suggest the blue multi story. Because when you enter at mall level from that car park, you just need to turn right and head for the transport interchange, and then over the bridge.
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
(02 May 2015, 2:24 pm)aureolin wrote I'd suggest the blue multi story. Because when you enter at mall level from that car park, you just need to turn right and head for the transport interchange, and then over the bridge.

Thanks. . . .
5397 has been transferred from Deptford back to Stanley following the event in Sunderland yesterday.
(02 May 2015, 2:21 pm)G-CPTN wrote Which 'carpark' will be closest to the 'coachpark' where the bus rally will be held on Monday?

Free bus trips from rally site to Newcastle business park as shuttle 1 and shuttle 2 operating to tanfield railway as previous years According to NEBPT website. Shame not doing shuttle 3 this year to GNE Riverside depot as last year.

It's also possible to park at the coach park itself. It gets busy but if you're there early enough it's easy to get a space. I've never encountered any problems in all the years I've attended.
Site Administrator
Moderation Note: Although initial posts were relevant to Go North East only, the large majority ultimately ended up discussing Go North East's fare revisions in context to inflation. As many operators up and down the country have increased their fares, some quite significantly more than others, it seems only appropriate to add further discussion in the thread we've discussed ticket prices generally in the past.

http://northeastbuses.co.uk/forum/showth...hp?tid=324&page=67
(03 May 2015, 7:25 am)citaro5284 wrote Stanley's Coast and Country vehicles are out to play....

What about Chester-le-Streets?  Tongue Its lonly enough without being forgotten!  Smile
(03 May 2015, 7:38 am)Robert wrote What about Chester-le-Streets?  Tongue Its lonly enough without being forgotten!  Smile

I'd assume chester will have 1 out today as per sunday running boards.
(03 May 2015, 7:38 am)Robert wrote What about Chester-le-Streets?  Tongue Its lonly enough without being forgotten!  Smile

Chester's dont go on the road that early, but it looks like 5403 is on Chester's board at the minute.
(03 May 2015, 8:05 am)nk55 wrote I'd assume chester will have 1 out today as per sunday running boards.

Thats what i meant by saying 'lonly' with Chester having only the one board on Sundays and Bank Holidays
(03 May 2015, 8:43 am)GuyParkRoyal wrote 5402 seen in Chester le Street this morning.

Am on my way to photo these
Favourite Company is: Go North East
Favourite Operator in UK is: EYMS
Owner of Bella the Cat

Mood right now: Fustrated and Feel Left Out
Glad i got a last ride on the Lime B10's.

Gutted they've had to withdrawn them =(

Any truth in 6008 and 6020 heading to Percy Main from Deptford? - Source The Northern Road Transport Trust

If so... why couldn't they take the bloody Vykings! 
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(03 May 2015, 10:09 am)citaro5284 wrote Get a grip Michael...... Tongue

I should, bloody hell haha Tongue 
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Site Administrator
Today marked the launch of "Coast & Country" services 8 and 78 - for both Chester-le-Street and Stanley Depots.

[Image: 17145074457_b7974b1214.jpg]Go North East: 5402 / NK15ENP by danielgrahamm, on Flickr

Chester-le-Street's 5402 (NK15 ENP) is pictured above whilst working the first 78 service of the day out of Sunderland, which is on loan to Stanley to cover for 5396 (NK15 ENH). 5396 (NK15 ENH) was delivered to Go North East yesterday morning, so has a number of things to be sorted before it can enter service. From Tuesday, until 5396 is ready for service, one of the corporate liveried 'spare' vehicles will be allocated instead.

A number of allocations at Stanley will change as a result of the arrival of new vehicles:
  • Providing that neither 5401 nor 5419 are required to cover for branded vehicles on "Coast & Country" services 8/78 or "Red Kite" services 45/46, the Monday - Friday operation of service X43 will now be operated by a corporate liveried Wright Streetlite DF/Wright Streetlite Micro-Hybrid.
  • Providing that neither 5401 nor 5419 are required to cover for branded vehicles on "Coast & Country" services 8/78 or "Red Kite" services 45/46, the Saturday operation of service 128 will now be operated by a corporate liveried Wright Streetlite DF/Wright Streetlite Micro-Hybrid.
  • Providing that neither 5401 nor 5419 are required to cover for branded vehicles on "Coast & Country" services 78/78A or "Red Kite" services 45/46, the Sunday operation of service X71 will now be operated by two corporate liveried Wright Streetlite DF/Wright Streetlite Micro-Hybrid vehicles.
Today's X71 should have been allocated two Scania CN230UB/Scania Omnicity vehicles as normal, as 5419 is not yet at Stanley.

A number of movements are due to take place over the next few days as a result of the entry into service of these new vehicles. The first movements commenced last night and early this morning, and these are as follows:
  • Stanley-based Volvo B10BLE/Wright Renown 4904 (W904 RBB) has transferred to Deptford, allowing DAF SB120/Wright Cadet 8273 (NK54 NLD) to transfer to Riverside. The latter will transfer to Hexham shortly, as a replacement for DAF SB120/Wright Cadet 8244 (NA52 BUW) which will be withdrawn. 8242 (NA52 BUU) will also be withdrawn as a result of the entry into service of the Streetlites on service X66, though both will remain in use when required.
  • Chester-le-Street based "Northern" branded Volvo B10BLE/Wright Renown 4843 (R843 PRG) and "Lime" branded 4853 (R853 PRG), 4854 (R854 PRG) and 4855 (R855 PRG) have all been withdrawn.
(03 May 2015, 10:39 am)Dan wrote Today marked the launch of "Coast & Country" services 8 and 78 - for both Chester-le-Street and Stanley Depots.

Cheers for the update.

Which other B10's have being withdrawn along with the 3 remaining branded Limes?
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(03 May 2015, 10:47 am)Michael wrote Cheers for the update.

Which other B10's have being withdrawn along with the 3 remaining branded Limes?

Im guessing 4847 since the 128 will be operated by a Corporate liveried streetlite.
(03 May 2015, 10:49 am)Robert wrote Im guessing 4847 since the 128 will be operated by a Corporate liveried streetlite.

Opp's forgot to mention 4847 on my post!
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(03 May 2015, 10:49 am)Robert wrote Im guessing 4847 since the 128 will be operated by a Corporate liveried streetlite.

I would have thought all the R reg examples will go pretty soon
(03 May 2015, 10:39 am)Dan wrote A number of movements are due to take place over the next few days as a result of the entry into service of these new vehicles. The first movements commenced last night and early this morning, and these are as follows:
  • Stanley-based Volvo B10BLE/Wright Renown 4904 (W904 RBB) has transferred to Deptford, allowing DAF SB120/Wright Cadet 8273 (NK54 NLD) to transfer to Riverside. The latter will transfer to Hexham shortly, as a replacement for DAF SB120/Wright Cadet 8244 (NA52 BUW) which will be withdrawn. 8242 (NA52 BUU) will also be withdrawn as a result of the entry into service of the Streetlites on service X66, though both will remain in use when required.

• Chester-le-Street based "Northern" branded Volvo B10BLE/Wright Renown 4842 (R842 PRG) and "Lime" branded 4853 (R853 PRG), 4854 (R854 PRG) and 4855 (R855 PRG) have all been withdrawn.
I am guessing this could mean that with the Cadets being Withdrawn that possibly Volvo B7RLEs 4978-82 will be allocated to the 67/69 in the near future.
(03 May 2015, 10:39 am)Dan wrote
  • Chester-le-Street based "Northern" branded Volvo B10BLE/Wright Renown 4842 (R842 PRG) and "Lime" branded 4853 (R853 PRG), 4854 (R854 PRG) and 4855 (R855 PRG) have all been withdrawn.

Spot the mistake. Hate to correct people knowing that im not that knowledgeable myself but we all make them.  Smile