You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

2014-15 Football Season(Who will be the best North East Team)

Poll: best team in the north east

You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
sunderland 9 (50.00%)
newcastle 6 (33.33%)
middlesbourgh 0 (0%)
hartlepool 0 (0%)
gateshead 1 (5.56%)
south shields 1 (5.56%)
jarrow & boldon roofing 1 (5.56%)
other 0 (0%)
* You voted for this item. Total: 18 vote(s) (100%)

RE: 2014-15 Football Season(Who will be the best North East Team)
Gateshead midfielder JJ O'Donnell has unfortunately picked up a serious injury which has left him with only a 50/50 chance of EVER playing football again. Unfortunately, due to the cost of treatment Gateshead FC cannot fund his treatment. Therefore I have set up a Go Fund Me page for JJ and it would be much appreciated if people could donate as much as possible. Thank you and please don't forget to spread the word.
http://www.gofundme.com/tkwfds?fb_action...3948317359&fb_action_types=og.shares
Well, I'm ever closer to winning £228.42. If Newcastle keep it up, I be quids in.

Despite being a Newcastle fan. At the beginning of April, I placed a bet of £2.82 on Newcastle to get relegated at 80/1.

Prob be one of the few Newcastle fans happy to see them go down. But they way they are playing (and many of the customers at work agree with me), is that they deserve to go down.
Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/
Who needs heroes anyway? Villians have more fun.
(03 May 2015, 12:17 am)GMitchelhill wrote Well, I'm ever closer to winning £228.42. If Newcastle keep it up, I be quids in.

Despite being a Newcastle fan. At the beginning of April, I placed a bet of £2.82 on Newcastle to get relegated at 80/1.
I bet you could not get them odds now, probably odds on!
(02 May 2015, 8:49 pm)leestransportphotos wrote Gateshead midfielder JJ O'Donnell has unfortunately picked up a serious injury which has left him with only a 50/50 chance of EVER playing football again. Unfortunately, due to the cost of treatment Gateshead FC cannot fund his treatment. Therefore I have set up a Go Fund Me page for JJ and it would be much appreciated if people could donate as much as possible. Thank you and please don't forget to spread the word.

I would jut like to update everybody on how the funraser is going. 

IN THE LAST 11 HOURS £670 HAS BEEN RAISED - THANK YOU TO ALL THAT HAVE DONATED!
Marxista Fozzski
(02 May 2015, 8:49 pm)leestransportphotos wrote Gateshead midfielder JJ O'Donnell has unfortunately picked up a serious injury which has left him with only a 50/50 chance of EVER playing football again. Unfortunately, due to the cost of treatment Gateshead FC cannot fund his treatment. Therefore I have set up a Go Fund Me page for JJ and it would be much appreciated if people could donate as much as possible. Thank you and please don't forget to spread the word.
What has happened to him mate, what injury has he picked up, badly broken leg, ACL/PCL?
(03 May 2015, 7:17 am)leestransportphotos wrote I would jut like to update everybody on how the funraser is going. 

IN THE LAST 11 HOURS £670 HAS BEEN RAISED - THANK YOU TO ALL THAT HAVE DONATED!
I am skint...

Can I ask one thing, I promise I am not having a dig, it is admirable what your doing and I think you are doing a good thing, but he is a professional footballer, does he need a whip round, don't clubs and players have insurance for things like this??? I do hope he recovers from the injury and can continue to play in future, a 50/50 chance is not good
The injury is a foot injury called trendonitis.

The insurance thing has been mentioned a few times but it appears not Sad

Thanks for the support mate
Marxista Fozzski
(03 May 2015, 8:34 am)leestransportphotos wrote The injury is a foot injury called trendonitis.

The insurance thing has been mentioned a few times but it appears not Sad

Thanks for the support mate
I thought all clubs had to have insurance for players...Anyway, I hope he is fine, I see he is quite young, 22/23???

Found an O'Donnell video on YouTube

Getting a smooch off Brizzle Rovers Lee Mansell Big Grin
(03 May 2015, 11:48 am)MrFozz wrote I thought all clubs had to have insurance for players...Anyway, I hope he is fine, I see he is quite young, 22/23???

Found an O'Donnell video on YouTube

Getting a smooch off Brizzle Rovers Lee Mansell Big Grin

I have had issues with my tendons in my knees for a long time. Issues caused by my sporty/athletic past.
At the time, the NHS wouldn't operate. I would have had to pay and private.
Needless to say, I continue to suffer.

Whilst there may be insurance in place, I am guessing there are all sorts of loopholes - meaning the tendonitis isn't covered.
Very surprised the club aren't covering the costs of the operation.

He is a cracking/whole hearted player and when the rumours first emerged earlier in the year about it being career threatening, I was gutted for the lad.

Hopefully it isn't and hopefully he can get his career back on track.
'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Don't know if anyone seen but, Bristol City 8-2 Walsall!!! In league 1 MK Dons got promoted and Leyton Orient, Crawley + Notts County got relegated
(03 May 2015, 4:21 pm)leestransportphotos wrote Don't know if anyone seen but, Bristol City 8-2 Walsall!!! In league 1 MK Dons got promoted and Leyton Orient, Crawley + Notts County got relegated

Thank god Preston didn't go up automatically, i hate them!

I watched their game, i have to congratulate the teams who survived league 1 to!
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Yeah Colchester were outstanding and have been in the last few weeks. When there new manager came in, about February they were 2nd bottom until a few weeks back
(03 May 2015, 4:25 pm)leestransportphotos wrote Yeah Colchester were outstanding and have been in the last few weeks. When there new manager came in, about February they were 2nd bottom until a few weeks back

Looking forward for the play offs now

My predication's:

Championship to Prem: Brentford 
League 1 to Championship: Chesterfield 
League 2 to League 1: Stevenage

Conference to League 2: Grimsby (Play-off final on 17 May 2015)
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
I'll go with the following:

Championship: Ipswich Town
League 1: Swindon Town
League 2: Wycombe
Vanarama Conference: Bristol Rovers
Again, just to keep everyone updated with the JJ O'Donnell fund - We have reached £1,465 in bang on 24 hours!
Was watching Sky Sports and since Division 1 started Sunderland have won it 6 times but Chelsea have only won it 5 and Aston Villa have 7 titles which i was rather surprised at.
Against the Anti-Lee Club.
Marxista Fozzski
(04 May 2015, 8:11 am)danpick wrote Was watching Sky Sports and since Division 1 started Sunderland have won it 6 times but Chelsea have only won it 5 and Aston Villa have 7 titles which i was rather surprised at.
There's been a few division 1's I am assuming you mean the top flight???
(04 May 2015, 8:34 am)MrFozz wrote There's been a few division 1's I am assuming you mean the top flight???
Yeah i meant the top flight.
Who the hell is going to play in defence for Newcastle now Williamson and Janmaat are suspended, and Dummett is injured?

We can't recall Lascelles from loan either.
(05 May 2015, 7:16 am)Tom wrote Who the hell is going to play in defence for Newcastle now Williamson and Janmaat are suspended, and Dummett is injured?

Use the U18 squad.
(05 May 2015, 7:16 am)Tom wrote Who the hell is going to play in defence for Newcastle now Williamson and Janmaat are suspended, and Dummett is injured?

R Taylor, Colo, Satka, Anita would be my bet.

I think Dummett is close to a return.
Then Gutierrez has played left back too.

Far from ideal like, especially when two international defenders were sold in Jan.
'Illegitimis non carborundum'
This might make me sound like a bit of a 'softy' but JJ O'Donnell literally had me reduced to tears tonight for what he said about me

The lad is a legend
(06 May 2015, 9:38 pm)leestransportphotos wrote This might make me sound like a bit of a 'softy' but JJ O'Donnell literally had me reduced to tears tonight for what he said about me

The lad is a legend

What has he said Lee?
(07 May 2015, 6:50 am)Tom wrote What has he said Lee?

He was just praising me for what I've done for him etc and just telling us his story of the injury