You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - May 2015

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - May 2015

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - May 2015
Trident 3802 (I think) has had its advertisement holders removed on the outside leaving marks, and one side you can see what appears to be the old swoosh livery with yellow and blue where the holders were covering

Am assuming its set to be withdrawn.
(15 May 2015, 4:17 pm)Arcticrossy92 wrote Trident 3802 (I think) has had its advertisement holders removed on the outside leaving marks, and one side you can see what appears to be the old swoosh livery with yellow and blue where the holders were covering

Am assuming its set to be withdrawn.

I noticed that when I photographed it on the 45 https://flic.kr/p/sM4uSm
3801 has too, as has a majority of the Stanley based Lolynes. Obviously moving towards the inevitable withdrawl of the vehicles.
Site Administrator
(15 May 2015, 4:25 pm)Robert wrote 3801 has too, as has a majority of the Stanley based Lolynes. Obviously moving towards the inevitable withdrawl of the vehicles.

I believe the advert holders have been removed from the Lolynes due for withdrawal and placed on the OmniDekkas presently in storage at Saltmeadows.

Not ideal having the Lolynes going around with the old paintjob marks, but they won't be around for much longer...
(15 May 2015, 5:04 pm)citaro5284 wrote The 4 B9's for the Red Kite 47 have now flown to their new nest...

Black Omnicity 5237 is parked behind them at Riverside.

4901 & 4903 are at Riverside.
(15 May 2015, 10:20 pm)park5354 wrote Black Omnicity 5237 is parked behind them at Riverside.

4901 & 4903 are at Riverside.

Riverside getting a nice collection of B10's =P 
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(16 May 2015, 8:18 am)Michael wrote Riverside getting a nice collection of B10's =P 

More than i thought they would. Stanley only have 4897 left...surely they cant lose that one too.
(16 May 2015, 8:31 am)Robert wrote More than i thought they would. Stanley only have 4897 left...surely they cant lose that one too.

Me too, although the Omnicities will get rid of most of them, there's more B10's left than i thought there would be after the C&C streetlites entered service.

Oh well, more B10's the better!
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
It does really mean that the chances of a decker (red or olympian) is going to be more likely. Stanley will only have 5 (currently 4) red spare single[Image: arrow-10x10.png] deckers. I haven't included the omnicities because they are all required on services based at the depot.:
2x Streetlite
2x Mercedes Citaro
1x volvo[Image: arrow-10x10.png] B10BLE
One of those streetlites should be allocated to service X43 (Monday-Saturday) and another to service 128 on Saturdays taking the number down to 3. They could also be covering for vehicles on their respective services. That brings the number down to 3/4. Is 4 spare single[Image: arrow-10x10.png] deckers really enough for a depot which operates a majority of single decker services?
Site Administrator
(16 May 2015, 8:31 am)Robert wrote More than i thought they would. Stanley only have 4897 left...surely they cant lose that one too.

Not yet, anyway...

The entry into service of seven new vehicles on "Coast & Country" services 8/78 at Stanley Depot has released seven Volvo B10BLE/Wright Renown vehicles for cascade to other depots (4898 - 4903 to Riverside and 4904 to Deptford). "Beamish Bus" branded 4847 has also been withdrawn, with 5409 taking its place on service 128, though it will be officially replaced when the "Red Kite" branded vehicles enter service.

Riverside continue to cascade their VDL SB120/Wright Merit vehicles to Washington, with 8265 (NK04 ZND) being the latest to transfer and join 8263.

Of course, there's still a number of outstanding cascades and withdrawals as a result of the "Coast & Country" vehicles entering service, though there's no rush to withdraw these really, especially when I'd imagine most of the Volvo B10BLEs will be heading to the scrap yard given their non-DDA status...

(16 May 2015, 8:56 am)Robert wrote It does really mean that the chances of a decker (red or olympian) is going to be more likely. Stanley will only have 5 (currently 4) red spare single[Image: arrow-10x10.png] deckers. I haven't included the omnicities because they are all required on services based at the depot.:
2x Streetlite
2x Mercedes Citaro
1x volvo[Image: arrow-10x10.png] B10BLE
One of those streetlites should be allocated to service X43 (Monday-Saturday) and another to service 128 on Saturdays taking the number down to 3. They could also be covering for vehicles on their respective services. That brings the number down to 3/4. Is 4 spare single[Image: arrow-10x10.png] deckers really enough for a depot which operates a majority of single decker services?

If you want the long answer, carry on reading... If you want the short answer, the answer is yes.

Stanley's spare single-decker vehicle make-up on weekdays is as follows:
  • 2x Mercedes Citaro
  • 1x Scania OmniCity
  • 1x Streetlite Micro-Hybrid
  • 1x Volvo B10BLE
Total: 5

One of the red Streetlite Micro-Hybrids is required for use on service X43 in the event that it is not required to cover for a branded vehicle on "Coast & Country" services 8/78, as you stated in your post, hence why I have listed one above.

The single deck PVR at Stanley is 32:
  • 8/78 - PVR 6
  • 43/44 - PVR 14
  • 45/46 - PVR 9
  • X30/X31/X70/X71 - PVR 3 (remainder of the PVR presently made up by Dennis Tridents)
( 5 spare vehicles / PVR 32 ) * 100 = 15.6% spare single deck. Prior to new vehicles entering service, Stanley Depot only had 4 spare single deck vehicles, which is a 12.5% spare single deck, but I guess you overlooked this, given that the Volvo B10BLEs were repainted red though remained allocated to services 8/78.

This is more than sufficient, when most depots operate a spare percentage of between 10 - 15%. This not only applies to Go North East, but Arriva and Stagecoach North East too.
Site Administrator
(15 May 2015, 5:04 pm)citaro5284 wrote The 4 B9's for the Red Kite 47 have now flown to their new nest...

Volvo B7RLE/Wright Eclipse 4981 (NK54 NUO) has now arrived at Saltmeadows Rd for repaint into Go North East's corporate livery.
During the GNE driver enrolment sessions at Sunderland and Gateshead, is there a requirement to drive a bus e.g. a clean driving license?
(16 May 2015, 6:24 pm)Simmy wrote During the GNE driver enrolment sessions at Sunderland and Gateshead, is there a requirement to drive a bus e.g. a clean driving license?

I don't believe so, with it being private land you'd be driving on?
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
(16 May 2015, 6:24 pm)Simmy wrote During the GNE driver enrolment sessions at Sunderland and Gateshead, is there a requirement to drive a bus e.g. a clean driving license?

I was told you needed to be a Full UK Licence holder, and that you should take your licence along to the event,  in case you are asked to show it before having a trial drive in a bus.
I was never asked to produce my licence when I went along and had a go at the Metrocentre event back in March although I was asked if I could drive.

But I think Aureolin is right. Strictly speaking, you don't actually need a licence if driving on private land.
(17 May 2015, 6:30 am)citaro5284 wrote Stanley's Red Kites are spreading their wings today

Have all of the Red Kite Omnicities being transferred to Riverside or just the ones painted black?

as park5354 reported 5237 is now at Riverside. 
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Currently on one of the new Red Kites, running 5minutes late, had a engineer attending at Consett bus station for abit, he seemed to be hammering something near the drivers cab ...

Love the seats! Looks very smart, and they seem very quick.

On another note what are the small long thin screens for near the door, are those for destinations, and will it just be the stop name that appears.
(17 May 2015, 8:26 am)Arcticrossy92 wrote Currently on one of the new[Image: arrow-10x10.png] Red Kites, running[Image: arrow-10x10.png] 5minutes late, had a engineer attending at Consett bus station for abit, he seemed to be hammering something near the drivers cab ...

Love the seats! Looks very smart, and they seem very quick.

On another note what are the small long thin screens for near the door, are those for destinations, and will it just be the stop name that appears.

For the Next Stop Announcements i believe. 
(17 May 2015, 8:13 am)Michael wrote Have all of the Red Kite Omnicities being transferred to Riverside or just the ones painted[Image: arrow-10x10.png] black?

as park5354 reported 5237 is now at Riverside. 

I imagine the number of Rare/Odd workings reported yesterday was to allow Stanley to debrand all the buses that were branded and haven't been repainted for onward transfer to Riverside. It will take weeks for all of the buses to be repainted black.
(17 May 2015, 8:29 am)Robert wrote I imagine the number of Rare/Odd workings reported yesterday was to allow Stanley to debrand all the buses that were branded and haven't been repainted for onward transfer to Riverside. It will take weeks for all of the buses to be repainted black.

How many have being do so far 3?, with one currently at SM?
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Site Administrator
(17 May 2015, 9:14 am)Michael wrote How many have being do so far 3?, with one currently at SM?

Yes, three have been repainted black so far - Robert just managed to quote my post before I deleted it.

I have just realised that, although I'd updated the main 'notes' section of 5242, I hadn't updated the 'livery' field, so it was still showing as "Red Kite" on the fleet lists. This has now been updated.

As far as I am aware, no Scania OmniCitys (excluding 5237) have left Stanley yet.
(17 May 2015, 9:18 am)Sidthebusbabe wrote The B9's are out on the 47, I've just got myself a photo

Yup, they were due out as well, but were still in bed when I checked earlier.
(17 May 2015, 9:26 am)Dan wrote Yes, three have been repainted black so far - Robert just managed to quote my post before I deleted it.

I've deleted my post, just for you Tongue 
(17 May 2015, 9:26 am)citaro5284 wrote Yup, they were due out as well, but were still in bed when I checked earlier.

Yes, I saw a couple of B10's on the 47 before a B9 made an appearence.