You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

RE: Whats made you happy today?
Last official day at uni today!!!

Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, saves me from carrying 3 folders around!
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
So far this week, all bar one of my X21 journeys have been "on time", funnily enough 4 of the 6 have been 14-plates...

Edit: Just remembered that 7509 was 6 late on Monday on my way home, forgot about it completely, still a massive improvement over recent months though
(20 May 2015, 7:29 pm)mb134 wrote So far this week, all bar one of my X21 journeys have been "on time", funnily enough 4 of the 6 have been 14-plates...

Edit: Just remembered that 7509 was 6 late on Monday on my way home, forgot about it completely, still a massive improvement over recent months though

Had one before, of which I was carried for free for some reason. As the upstairs CCTV is visable from the front downstairs seats, there was nobody else on the bus except me and the driver.
(21 May 2015, 6:20 pm)Tommy_1581 wrote Had one before, of which I was carried for free for some reason. As the upstairs CCTV is visable from the front downstairs seats, there was nobody else on the bus except me and the driver.

7506 by any chance, ticket machine broke this morning on that one, started working a couple of stops later though (or at least a few after I boarded)
Site Administrator
(23 May 2015, 7:03 pm)citaro5284 wrote Is that a Volvo?

Certainly is. Marcus wanted to sit inside some of the cabs - he managed to get himself on a B10BLE on our first round, but my photo for this one wasn't particularly good (his avatar). I learned my lesson on the second round, bumped the shutter speed right down and forced flash, when he sat in the Olympian above.
(23 May 2015, 7:03 pm)citaro5284 wrote Is that a Volvo?

A while since you've driven one?!

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

(24 May 2015, 9:57 am)danpick wrote Finding a video of the Wright Cadets at Stockton on Youtube - which I must say sound superb.

Same engine/gearbox as a Dart so they're nothing special. So nice to drive though - shame our best one has failed and been withdrawn  Sad

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

Worked the last game of the season at NUFC yesterday behind the bar. After the match we all went to Nine bar and then various places around The Gate. Was given a free jager bomb from the finance director and was great dancing to Uptown Funk with the senior managers. Great end to the season really Smile. Now got to work my arse off today to catch up with uni revision.
Marxista Fozzski
(24 May 2015, 3:16 pm)Davie wrote The score at Newcastle
Don't win since February and win they need to
(25 May 2015, 8:46 am)Simmy wrote Worked the last game of the season at NUFC yesterday behind the bar. After the match we all went to Nine bar and then various places around The Gate. Was given a free jager bomb from the finance director and was great dancing to Uptown Funk with the senior managers. Great end to the season really Smile. Now got to work my arse off today to catch up with uni revision.
Most I ever got at SAFC was a slab of corona(won in a raffle) and a pint of Lager when I helped my gaffer move a fridge Big Grin...saying that we always got a free pie lol
(25 May 2015, 8:54 am)MrFozz wrote Don't win since February and win they need to
Most I ever got at SAFC was a slab of corona(won in a raffle) and a pint of Lager when I helped my gaffer move a fridge Big Grin...saying that we always got a free pie lol

Aye we get the free pie. Just good to have a drink with the superiors haha.
Site Administrator
(25 May 2015, 7:31 pm)Adam wrote I opted to, and instead of pre-drinking at one of their flats

Did you purposely avoid the use of the term "prinks"  - avoid any potential confusion for older members of the forum? Tongue 
Site Administrator
(25 May 2015, 7:39 pm)aureolin wrote What is a pre-drink anyway? To me, that's the part where you take the bottles out the fridge. Tongue

Basically it! Cheaper to drink at home, so you get the night started with "prinks". 
(25 May 2015, 7:41 pm)Dan wrote Basically it! Cheaper to drink at home, so you get the night started with "prinks". 

What ever happened to sneaking a half bottle of vodka out with you? You young folk have never lived. Tongue 

Best one I managed was to sneak a full bottle of aftershock into innfusion in friend's record bag, and then attempt to fill bottles of blue VK (because of the bottle wrap label), full with it!
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Site Administrator
(25 May 2015, 7:41 pm)Adam wrote I've never ever used the term "prinks". It's always been "pres" for me, but yeah, I do admit using "pre-drinks" to avoid potential confusion from other members Tongue

My mates tend to use the term "prinks" - I think it sounds somewhat tacky though, so tend to use the full thing. Without an apostrophe between the 'e' and 's', I think I would have been quite confused too, as I would have ended up reading it as "prez".
Site Administrator
(25 May 2015, 7:47 pm)Adam wrote That's exactly the way I interpreted it when I first seen it written in a text message to me. I had to reply back asking what on earth "pres" or "prez" was. Thought it was the name of a bar or something, not "pre-drinks" Undecided

Glad it's not just me, then!

After my performance in school on Friday, it wouldn't have surprised me if it was just me being thick. I was reading out a news article prior to my Media Studies exam and I read "abuses" as a-bus-ez opposed to a-bew-sez. My mates ended up taking the mick, and said I was getting too wrapped up in the new job! Tongue 
(25 May 2015, 7:43 pm)aureolin wrote What ever happened to sneaking a half bottle of vodka out with you? You young folk have never lived. Tongue 

Best one I managed was to sneak a full bottle of aftershock into innfusion in friend's record bag, and then attempt to fill bottles of blue VK (because of the bottle wrap label), full with it!

Don't give anyone ideas now  Smile
(25 May 2015, 8:49 pm)Davie wrote Don't give anyone ideas now  Smile

But he's right though.

As much as we like to think that kids a lot worse now than they were in the past, much of what we hear seems to suggest otherwise.
Usually hit a Wetherspoons instead of pre-drinking if I am having a night out (especially the Milecastle / Milfcastle as my mate calls it). 3 godfather pitchers gets the night off to a good start.
(25 May 2015, 9:01 pm)Simmy wrote Usually hit a Wetherspoons instead of pre-drinking if I am having a night out (especially the Milecastle / Milfcastle as my mate calls it). 3 godfather pitchers gets the night off to a good start.
Milfcastle is about right... Smile
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook