Deprecated: preg_replace(): Passing null to parameter #3 ($subject) of type array|string is deprecated in /home/northeas/public_html/forums/inc/functions.php on line 5724

Deprecated: preg_replace(): Passing null to parameter #3 ($subject) of type array|string is deprecated in /home/northeas/public_html/forums/inc/functions.php on line 5724

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - August 2013 | North East Buses

Skip to main content

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - August 2013

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - August 2013

CatsFast101
Unregistered
RE: Go North East - Latest
(20 Aug 2013, 4:12 pm)tyresmoke wrote I think there's a good chance that it was at Deptford for maintenance or even for test (MOT) and they've pinched it for use before they could send it back?

Could well be that, but nonetheless if that is the case it's still unusual and if this was any other vehicle or service it would be equal unusual. I just felt like people were making out as if I was over exaggerating it.
Didnt Washington borrow one of Stanley's West Durham Swift Omnicity's before and had it on the 88s? Since Peterlee is an sub depot of Deptford and washington often send buses to deptford for repairs or MOT's. Didnt someone mention on here before that there was no planned upgrade for the X7 at present?
(20 Aug 2013, 4:20 pm)dans_bus_photos wrote Didnt Washington borrow one of Stanley's West Durham Swift Omnicity's before and had it on the 88s? Since Peterlee is an sub depot of Deptford and washington often send buses to deptford for repairs or MOT's. Didnt someone mention on here before that there was no planned upgrade for the X7 at present?

Yeah, although I think it was just a plain red one? I know there has been an East Durham MPD also used on the 88 before.
Banned
(20 Aug 2013, 4:22 pm)BJ10VUS wrote Yeah, although I think it was just a plain red one? I know there has been an East Durham MPD also used on the 88 before.

I got the west durham and I can confirm it was branded as 506 was on that day aswell and I saw the east durham when on 88a to lukes lane as it went right after leaving jarrow bus station instead of left but realised and went back down and straight on towards western road
Site Administrator
(20 Aug 2013, 4:07 pm)Adam Malarkey wrote Must of missed that, hopefully the Mercs will be here soon

The "MetroLINK" repaints are obviously less of a priority than "OK Expressway" and "Coaster" repaints. Branding should start today for Coasters (I believe one was being cleaned today, so could indeed be having vinyls added to it this evening or tomorrow morning), and this will coincide with the final repaints required to make the cream "Coaster" branding become defunct (hence the four loans previously mentioned to accommodate for missing vehicles), while the vinyl process for the currently unknown name of the X84/X85 branding will start once all vehicles have been repainted and sent to Hexham, after being refurbished by Thorntons (2-3 days) and repainted (2 days).
Affected by a timescale of 1st September, the "Coaster" Omnicities need to be branded BEFORE that date, if the brand is to have a successful launch. Similarly, affected by a timetable of 8th September, the "OK Expressway" Solars need to be branded before then.
After that, Saltmeadows will be free and they can start work on repainting the "MetroLINK" Solars again, but this was assumed to be a similar time to the arrival of new vehicles to the fleet. As we know, it is a matter of weeks before they arrive, as confirmed by Rob. The likelihood that they will be in Saltmeadows together (imagine that photo opportunity?!) is quite high.

(20 Aug 2013, 4:10 pm)CatsFast101 wrote Everyone on this site gets a bit to bitchy for my liking.

Elaborate (via PM if you think it is more appropriate, to avoid getting this thread off-topic)? Assuming that comment was directed at me: you gave your opinion and I gave mine, with observations made from today's allocations to back up my opinions.
If it was bitchy or argumentative, I wouldn't carry on with it... I'd stop it - just like any other admin would have to do.
Banned
(20 Aug 2013, 4:31 pm)Daniel wrote The "MetroLINK" repaints are obviously less of a priority than "OK Expressway" and "Coaster" repaints. Branding should start today for Coasters (I believe one was being cleaned today, so could indeed be having vinyls added to it this evening or tomorrow morning), and this will coincide with the final repaints required to make the cream "Coaster" branding become defunct (hence the four loans previously mentioned to accommodate for missing vehicles), while the vinyl process for the currently unknown name of the X84/X85 branding will start once all vehicles have been repainted and sent to Hexham, after being refurbished by Thorntons (2-3 days) and repainted (2 days).
Affected by a timescale of 1st September, the "Coaster" Omnicities need to be branded BEFORE that date, if the brand is to have a successful launch. Similarly, affected by a timetable of 8th September, the "OK Expressway" Solars need to be branded before then.
After that, Saltmeadows will be free and they can start work on repainting the "MetroLINK" Solars again, but this was assumed to be a similar time to the arrival of new vehicles to the fleet. As we know, it is a matter of weeks before they arrive, as confirmed by Rob. The likelihood that they will be in Saltmeadows together (imagine that photo opportunity?!) is quite high.

some services were branded before the services next changes the south tyne buses were (5/88/a) and the 27 was quite a few months earlier but then every bus should and that also means the solars need branding for waggonway and personily I think Lambton worm as the x7 isn't changing yet but it could get price bishops, fab 56 and cobalt clipper and 27x is changing its stopping places so that could mean Gateshead interchange or a different stop in Newcastle but only time will tell
Looks ok but they already have a bunch of orange scania's =(, should of being different colour
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Banned
(20 Aug 2013, 4:55 pm)Michael wrote Looks ok but they already have a bunch of orange scania's =(, should of being different colour

pink would of looked good
(20 Aug 2013, 6:00 pm)danpick wrote I asked where will clippers go and according to a comment they are planned for centurion

I think that is pure speculation at this stage Tongue
Re: 4957

4957 is on trial on service X7, at Peterlee due to the number of breakdowns with the Volvo B10LE's. 4920 is at Washington in its place. 4907 has been VOR now for nearly 2 months. With the odd exception of a venture onto Deptford Staff Shuttle duties the other day, which didn't last long ! 4908 is currently VOR as well.
legend
Unregistered
(21 Aug 2013, 12:45 am)BFK wrote Re: 4957

4957 is on trial on service X7, at Peterlee due to the number of breakdowns with the Volvo B10LE's. 4920 is at Washington in its place. 4907 has been VOR now for nearly 2 months. With the odd exception of a venture onto Deptford Staff Shuttle duties the other day, which didn't last long ! 4908 is currently VOR as well.

I can't get my head around how the B10BLEs were fine on the Diamond routes but can't manage the Wear Tees Express. I'd have to argue that the Wear Tees Express is an easier run, and let's not forget that the Diamond got upgraded to Citaros thanks to a fleet shift. When you think about that all you potentially need for new buses on the Wear Tees Express is another giant fleet shift. Personally, I feel that the Wear Tees Express would actually benefit from something smaller such as a MPD. I've never seen more than six people on it!!!
CatsFast101
Unregistered
(21 Aug 2013, 10:53 am)the pilot wrote I can't get my head around how the B10BLEs were fine on the Diamond routes but can't manage the Wear Tees Express. I'd have to argue that the Wear Tees Express is an easier run, and let's not forget that the Diamond got upgraded to Citaros thanks to a fleet shift. When you think about that all you potentially need for new buses on the Wear Tees Express is another giant fleet shift. Personally, I feel that the Wear Tees Express would actually benefit from something smaller such as a MPD. I've never seen more than six people on it!!!

What utter nonsence! I think it's possible that these vehicles have clocked up a lot of miles and are ageing- Diamond, Crusader, Wear Tees Xpresss all quite demanding routes. And as for loadings on the X7 most runs I've seen run busy with little seats left or standing only. So which runs you look at I do not know!
Im in pak lane atm waiting for the 78.. just noticed theirs a speed thing on the bend in park lane.. most of the buses is running in 2's.. the 20/20A, 35/35A and the 56
Bus station is quite busy atm

Theres about 3...56's in park lane
Centruian on 9
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Site Administrator
The only runs that depart Sunderland with so few passengers mentioned above are the first and last of the day.
legend
Unregistered
(21 Aug 2013, 11:19 am)CatsFast101 wrote What utter nonsence! I think it's possible that these vehicles have clocked up a lot of miles and are ageing- Diamond, Crusader, Wear Tees Xpresss all quite demanding routes. And as for loadings on the X7 most runs I've seen run busy with little seats left or standing only. So which runs you look at I do not know!

That would be midday and early afternoon runs.
Which runs you look at?
Proves there is demand for an express Sunderland-Seaham-Peterlee although I wonder how much revenue it has taken away from the X35... South of Peterlee it doesn't do as well, and there is (still) no loyalty in Wingate as most passengers tend to pay single fares and therefore catch the first bus that turns up...!

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

On the 21 with their new hybrids for the first time... to me theirs nothing special about them... just like any other bus, engine stops when the bus stops thats it
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(21 Aug 2013, 12:54 pm)Michael wrote On the 21 with their new hybrids for the first time... to me theirs nothing special about them... just like any other bus, engine stops when the bus stops thats it

what more were you expecting heated seats? Seats that fold into beds? At the end of the day its still a bus and its more how technologically it is different and these buses could be the start of a new revolution of buses and how they are built in the future, these are probably the best buses in the fleet the same with arrivas as well
Only saying my option.. doesnt people have options on here or do we all have to be the same.

Just handed a ipad in to driver on the Q1.. was brand new
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
CatsFast101
Unregistered
An Un-ID simplicity on the 61 appears to have broken down at the top of the times inn bank in Seaham near the mallard. I think passengers have been put onto the next bus. About 30 Mins but was still there 20 minutes ago.
Banned
(21 Aug 2013, 12:54 pm)Michael wrote On the 21 with their new hybrids for the first time... to me theirs nothing special about them... just like any other bus, engine stops when the bus stops thats it

As a regular user I can testify they are more comfortable, better legroom and smoother ride than previous and the added wi-fi, although a small thing is neat.

Did you get one with Steve and Karen on full blast or were you lucky to get one without everyone's favourite (apparently) breakfast team?

Have to agree with you. Didn't enjoy the ride at all.
Understand the reasons behind the technology, but the engineers need to work on the ride quality
Banned
(21 Aug 2013, 2:36 pm)Andreos1 wrote Have to agree with you. Didn't enjoy the ride at all.
Understand the reasons behind the technology, but the engineers need to work on the ride quality

You really don't think they are any better?

The original Gemini's were a good ride it has to be said, the Tridents grew weary with age and had terrible leg room, the Ominicities were like being on plane trundling down the runway, the Vykings had the ride comfort of a Russian prison cell in Siberia (though decent leg room) and the B7's were jerky and lacked legroom
After having an hour on an X1 and then 30mins on a 21, there was no comparison between the two journeys - inc the stoppy/starty bits
Banned
(21 Aug 2013, 2:56 pm)Andreos1 wrote After having an hour on an X1 and then 30mins on a 21, there was no comparison between the two journeys - inc the stoppy/starty bits

Maybe its relative perception, like how Waggonway pax will soon feel a 12 year old Solar is luxury