You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - May 2015

RE: Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - May 2015
(25 May 2015, 4:10 pm)Davie wrote Cheers Tommy   Smile

The £7 will get you a Triple Zone Day Ticket Smile
(25 May 2015, 4:18 pm)Davie wrote Thanks Smile

The triple ticket is valid to Hexham, Ashington etc so you may as well make the most of it.
(25 May 2015, 4:32 pm)Tom wrote The triple ticket is valid to Hexham, Ashington etc so you may as well make the most of it.

Aye, I milked mine when Arriva gave them away in the X21/22 leaflet, went everywhere, got some (well 3) decent vehicles, which is hard in the ANE fleet! 
(25 May 2015, 4:32 pm)Tom wrote  
The triple ticket is valid to Hexham, Ashington etc so you may as well make the most of it.

Cheers Tom  Smile
(25 May 2015, 5:19 pm)MrPottski wrote 7403 has just driven past me in Middlesbrough bus station, they sound so different! I do love a Volvo!

Good, reliable, honest motors. I understand that now operators are choosing lightweight vehicles to reduce costs and to be fair, the E400 and E400MMC are a far cry from the days of when the Dennis Trident 2 chassis was powered by the dreadful Cummins C series, but all Volvo heavyweight chassis / powertrain combos hold the road well and give a very smooth ride. 
(26 May 2015, 11:07 am)Robert wrote 7539 at the Sapphire 22/24 launch:

[Image: 18118878261_1321b70850.jpg]Arriva North East 7539 Dennis Trident 2 Alexander Enviro 400. by Guy Park-Royal, on Flickr
Damn! If I knew it was an Enviro doing the launches I would have gone.
(26 May 2015, 11:14 am)Jimmi wrote Damn! If I knew it was an Enviro doing the launches I would have gone.

i was at that till 10 43
JMoss
Just passed 1580 and 7475 running pretty much behind each other on the road from Ashington to Pegswood, serious late running at Ashington today, and for once it looks like the only really unaffected service is the X21/22!
Just passed Ashington depot and it looks like they only have 7513 spare, what would happen if more than one vehicle broke down today? 
(26 May 2015, 11:07 am)Robert wrote 7539 at the Sapphire 22/24 launch:

[Image: 18118878261_1321b70850.jpg]Arriva North East 7539 Dennis Trident 2 Alexander Enviro 400. by Guy Park-Royal, on Flickr

Good photo, I saw it coming into Dalton Park and parking up, wish I could of getting a photo of it at the so called Dalton Park event, but since the shot you took on the off side, I couldn't do that Dalton park because their parked their red van right up against the bus and couldn't take the nearside photo aswell because their had their sound system up right against the side of the bus, the bus turned up almost half 12, their like to get the publicity shots in, but no freebies etc.. only a small cart going up and down Dalton park of the shops area giving out small bags of pop corn. decided to leave at half 1 due the men in suits just standing and talking to each over and not interacting with the public.

(26 May 2015, 1:11 pm)cbma06 wrote Good photo, I saw it coming into Dalton Park and parking up, wish I could of getting a photo of it at the so called Dalton Park event, but since the shot you took on the off side, I couldn't do that Dalton park because their parked their red van right up against the bus and couldn't take the nearside photo aswell because their had their sound system up right against the side of the bus, the bus turned up almost half 12, their like to get the publicity shots in, but no freebies etc.. only a small cart going up and down Dalton park of the shops area giving out small bags of pop corn. decided to leave at half 1 due the men in suits just standing and talking to each over and not interacting with the public.

Was going to go to the Dalton Park launch but was knackered after being out all day yesterday, sounds like this was a good decision not to go based on this.

Pretty poor like it doesn't send out a very good image having people just standing around not interacting with the public who you are trying to attract to use the bus. Additionally bad turning up 30 minutes late.

Also a bit silly sending a 24 branded Enviro 400 especially for the Dalton Park event which the 24 no longer serves, they should have either sent a branded 22 StreetLite or spare StreetLite 1595.
(26 May 2015, 1:20 pm)Jimmi wrote Was going to go to the Dalton Park launch but was knackered after being out all day yesterday, sounds like this was a good decision not to go based on this.

Pretty poor like it doesn't send out a very good image having people just standing around not interacting with the public who you are trying to attract to use the bus. Additionally bad turning up 30 minutes late.

Also a bit silly sending a 24 branded Enviro 400 especially for the Dalton Park event which the 24 no longer serves, they should have either sent a branded 22 StreetLite or spare StreetLite 1595.

I would of thought that their would of coned of a section of the car park instead of craming it all in on the pavement. since I live on the 24 route in Peterlee, I thought it would be good to have a few shots of the 24 decker.

Does anybody know when the branded 24 pulsars will be in service?.

(26 May 2015, 1:31 pm)cbma06 wrote I would of thought that their would of coned of a section of the car park instead of craming it all in on the pavement. since I live on the 24 route in Peterlee, I thought it would be good to have a few shots of the 24 decker.

Does anybody know when the branded 24 pulsars will be in service?.
Given that the launch was today I would assume tomorrow.

Wonder what they have done about landmarks on the Pulsar's and Enivro's for the 24? As the Pulsars had landmarks from their days on the 7 although some would have had to be removed as I am not sure sights in Darlington would be relevant to passengers on the 24 route.

22 can't have any because there is no space to put them on the StreetLite's.
Another thing I have noticed at recent MAX launches is the staff who should be handing stuff out and promoting the bus (and Titan performance at MAX launches) the most recent example being the MAX X12 launch at Durham Market Place they seemed to spend most of the time I was there sat at the back of the bus chatting amongst themselves, this is the main reason why there was no interior shots uploaded to my Flickr for this launch, that and the shades (or whatever they are called) weren't put out and and left dumped on the backseat upstairs (you can see it in my photos). When they did go and do what they were supposed to do they weren't very good at it, they were practically whispering to people "we have Titan the Robot performing" "no... okay"

It is rather poor really and it seems like everything is left for the driver to do.
When boarding 7618 this morning I found it rather odd so see a West Yorkshire Metro sticker in the window to the right of the doors considering the X12 does not go to West Yorkshire.
Site Administrator
(26 May 2015, 2:57 pm)Jimmi wrote Another thing I have noticed at recent MAX launches is the staff who should be handing stuff out and promoting the bus (and Titan performance at MAX launches) the most recent example being the MAX X12 launch at Durham Market Place they seemed to spend most of the time I was there sat at the back of the bus chatting amongst themselves, this is the main reason why there was no interior shots uploaded to my Flickr for this launch, that and the shades (or whatever they are called) weren't put out and and left dumped on the backseat upstairs (you can see it in my photos). When they did go and do what they were supposed to do they weren't very good at it, they were practically whispering to people "we have Titan the Robot performing" "no... okay"

It is rather poor really and it seems like everything is left for the driver to do.

Yes, it's quite poor to see staff at promotional events just chatting amongst themselves instead of to potential customers.

I recently doubled up as a photographer and someone to help out at a promotional event for Go North East's new "Coast & Country" buses, and I thoroughly enjoyed talking to customers. I found that a lot of people had an interest in the bus as you don't usually find buses parked up in the centre of the marketplace, and when people asked, it allowed me to explain which services the buses would be allocated to, what "special" features are available on-board, and when the buses were due to enter service.

Go North East also hired a third-party promotional team, and if you're in a job like that, you have to be loud and enthusiastic. No good having miserable staff who can't really be bothered to be there at a promotional event - sadly I shan't be offering my services to Arriva..! Tongue 
(26 May 2015, 4:02 pm)Dan wrote Yes, it's quite poor to see staff at promotional events just chatting amongst themselves instead of to potential customers.

I recently doubled up as a photographer and someone to help out at a promotional event for Go North East's new "Coast & Country" buses, and I thoroughly enjoyed talking to customers. I found that a lot of people had an interest in the bus as you don't usually find buses parked up in the centre of the marketplace, and when people asked, it allowed me to explain which services the buses would be allocated to, what "special" features are available on-board, and when the buses were due to enter service.

Go North East also hired a third-party promotional team, and if you're in a job like that, you have to be loud and enthusiastic. No good having miserable staff who can't really be bothered to be there at a promotional event - sadly I shan't be offering my services to Arriva..!  

You certainly did a better job than those doing the Arriva launches did from what I've seen.

It's bad when even I think I could have done a better job.
(26 May 2015, 11:41 am)mb134 wrote Just passed 1580 and 7475 running pretty much behind each other on the road from Ashington to Pegswood, serious late running at Ashington today, and for once it looks like the only really unaffected service is the X21/22!

Probably see if they can get one from Blyth brought up.
(26 May 2015, 4:39 pm)DaveyBowyer wrote Probably see if they can get one from Blyth brought up.

Could this be the reason why I saw an X10/11 MAX Gemini on the Spine Road "NIS" heading towards Ashington? 
(26 May 2015, 8:09 pm)Davie wrote I though Arriva withdrew their X30 service years ago https://www.flickr.com/photos/109436376@...ed-public/?

It was an Ashington service, brought in to compete with GNE's X41, however it got changed to the X20 in the 2010 changes if I recall correctly (when the X31/2/3 were streamlined to the X21/22)  

It was then reintroduced as a Blyth express that operates, if I'm thinking of the correct service, in mornings and evenings.