You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - May 2015

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - May 2015

Site Administrator
RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - May 2015
(26 May 2015, 6:59 pm)Malarkey wrote Been like that for a while.

Vinyls have to be ordered and delivered before a third party company can apply the vinyls.

Sadly these things take time and you could not keep a bus off the road before the vinyls are re-applied.
(26 May 2015, 8:06 pm)Robert wrote I noticed that a couple of days ago. First time i have seen it with the route vinyls on show?

Yes me too
I wish the 2 on an evening would stick to the correct destination screen. Traveling from Silksworth with the destination as Sunderland yet the bus via points are Hastings hill and royal hospital. Terminates at Sunderland man
(26 May 2015, 9:10 am)Robert wrote 6020s destination has switched settings:

[Image: 17478405993_271606ac7c.jpg]Go North East 6020 Volvo B7TL Plaxton President operating service 9 in Jarrow Bus Station by Lee Robert Calder, on Flickr

Shows how long it's been since I've been to Jarrow Bus Station, I never realised it had been rebuilt.
Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/
Who needs heroes anyway? Villians have more fun.
(26 May 2015, 10:29 pm)GMitchelhill wrote Shows how long it's been since I've been to Jarrow Bus Station, I never realised it had been rebuilt.

It only got done earlier this year 
(26 May 2015, 10:29 pm)GMitchelhill wrote Shows how long it's been since I've been to Jarrow Bus Station, I never realised it had been rebuilt.

It needed doing. I have never been but when i saw it in pictures it looked awful. If the old Stanley Bus Station was anything to go by it would have been cold, dark and stank of pee.
(27 May 2015, 7:40 am)Robert wrote It needed doing. I have never been but when i saw it in pictures it looked awful. If the old Stanley Bus Station was anything to go by it would have been cold, dark and stank of pee.

the old Jarrow bus station wasn't that bad really, I remember Stanley old bus station, as you say it was dark and pee allover the place, smell horrible as it wasnt well ventilated, l mostly stayed on the outside where the buses pulled in as the majority of passengers did. GNE travelshop used to be inside that area aswell, wouldn't be surprised if that had gas masks to use lol, health and safety wasn't available in those days lol.

(27 May 2015, 7:49 am)cbma06 wrote the old Jarrow bus station wasn't that bad really, I remember Stanley old bus station, as you say it was dark and pee allover the place, smell horrible as it wasnt well ventilated, l mostly stayed on the outside where the buses pulled in as the majority of passengers did. GNE travelshop used to be inside that area aswell, wouldn't be surprised if that had gas masks to use lol, health and safety wasn't available in those days lol.

The old Stanley Bus Station was awful. Even the pigeons had a couple of nests inside it. I was glad to see the back of it and welcomed the new, much modern one gladly.
Stanley Bus Station sounds like the current Stanley depot lol! I was at the depot on Saturday and there was pigeon sh*te everywhere (understandable)
Has the travel shops got the new timetables in yet for this weeks upcoming changes?
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(27 May 2015, 4:03 pm)Greg in Weardale wrote The old Jarrow bus station was perfectly acceptable and it was a waste of money rebuilding it.

It had to be modernised at some point though. The old brick buildings were probably starting to age clearly.
Site Administrator
(26 May 2015, 9:01 am)Coppercap40 wrote Is 8246 still active ? if so can anyone say which service it is on please.

Believe it's been off the road for a few days, but returned to service today and is on loan to Hexham.

https://flic.kr/p/tD9637

Jarrow Bus Station is like my back garden more or less i live close by
Favourite Company is: Go North East
Favourite Operator in UK is: EYMS
Owner of Bella the Cat

Mood right now: Fustrated and Feel Left Out
(27 May 2015, 9:40 pm)leestransportphotos wrote 8246 was on the 74 today and the driver was clueless!

In what way?

Hexham drivers are generally 'good' (although I admit I don't connect with all of them).
Site Administrator
(22 May 2015, 5:48 am)Dan wrote Not the subject of the photograph, but Volvo B12M/Plaxton Paragon 7087 (NA52 RMZ) has arrived at Thornton Brothers, Ashington, for some treatment prior to being deployed elsewhere in the fleet...
https://www.flickr.com/photos/rpbsp/17947899441/

Volvo B12B/Plaxton Panther 7090 (MH54 MBX) and 7092 (K2 VOY) have also joined 7087 (NA52 RMZ) at Thorntons.

Also, the final "Toon Link" Volvo B7RLE/Wright Eclipse due for repaint, 4980 (NK54 NUM), has now arrived at Saltmeadows.
(23 May 2015, 11:01 am)citaro5284 wrote  It will be 90 kph, which is roughly about 55 mph.

(27 May 2015, 10:48 pm)G-CPTN wrote In what way?

Hexham drivers are generally 'good' (although I admit I don't connect with all of them).

It took her roughly 7/8 mins to reverse out of Eldon Square even though the driver of the 28 behind was guiding her. We actually timed it!
(28 May 2015, 7:22 am)leestransportphotos wrote It took her roughly 7/8 mins to reverse out of Eldon Square even though the driver of the 28 behind was guiding her. We actually timed it!
It actually managed to reverse!?
Against the Anti-Lee Club.
(28 May 2015, 7:22 am)leestransportphotos wrote It took her roughly 7/8 mins to reverse out of Eldon Square even though the driver of the 28 behind was guiding her. We actually timed it!

Was it not moreso an issue with 8246? Such maneuver wouldn't take that length of time without good reason.
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
(28 May 2015, 8:00 am)Jackamcardle wrote She was horrendous! She couldn't reverse at all, bless her.

Bit patronising isn't it?
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook