You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - May 2015

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - May 2015

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - May 2015
(28 May 2015, 8:19 pm)Dan wrote 3861 with a slightly different front end following accident damage repairs: https://flic.kr/p/tJWwXB

I can see why you said slightly. Can't see any difference myself other than it has a Go North East logo opposed to Northern.
(28 May 2015, 8:27 pm)Dan wrote Service X25 is operated by Chester-le-Street, not Stanley, where 3861 is based.
Could of been on loan.
Against the Anti-Lee Club.
(28 May 2015, 8:26 pm)leestransportphotos wrote I was with Bazza at the time he took the photo and wondered why it was at Saltmeadows. Is this the one which was involved in the incident at Wrekenton?

My brothers said it was 3878 involved in the Wrekenton incident, if I recall correctly.
(28 May 2015, 8:32 pm)Robert wrote I can see why you said slightly. Can't see any difference myself.
Think it's because it now has a GNE front bumper instead of Northern.
(28 May 2015, 8:34 pm)danpick wrote Think it's because it now has a GNE front bumper instead of Northern.

Literally just finished updating my post when you posted this. Smile 
(28 May 2015, 8:36 pm)Robert wrote Literally just finished updating my post when you posted this. Smile 
Would be worse if we're both wrong.
(28 May 2015, 8:38 pm)danpick wrote Would be worse if we're both wrong.

It is the bit just under the windscreen which is different panel wise if look at it closely, then look at the photos of the other Lolynes in the Fleet.
How long has 3981 sported had a full rear advertisement?, I noticed it today and I thought such a large advertisement was unusual for Go North East. It's probably been like that for a while and I just haven't noticed
Site Administrator
(28 May 2015, 8:56 pm)Sidthebusbabe wrote How long has 3981 sported had a full rear advertisement?, I noticed it today and I thought such a large advertisement was unusual for Go North East. It's probably been like that for a while and I just haven't noticed

Yes, been like that since a month or two before the last Great North Run.
(28 May 2015, 8:56 pm)Sidthebusbabe wrote How long has 3981 sported had a full rear advertisement?, I noticed it today and I thought such a large advertisement was unusual for Go North East. It's probably been like that for a while and I just haven't noticed

If it's the one I'm thinking of, it's had it for a while, is it the one for National Plastics? 
I think there is a Cobalt Clipper with a rear advert as well, just caught a glimpse of one when coming home last night. Can anyone confirm?
(28 May 2015, 9:12 pm)MarcTheA4 wrote Yes, I saw it on Monday exiting the Haymarket on the 309/310, citaro5284. Smile

I just knew I could rely on you.... Tongue
(28 May 2015, 8:27 pm)Dan wrote Service X25 is operated by Chester-le-Street, not Stanley, where 3861 is based.

I wasn't aware of where 3861 was based - sorry
(28 May 2015, 9:12 pm)citaro5284 wrote I just knew I could rely on you.... Tongue

Should do one for christmas with this advert:

Top = Can Arriva's get you to the Metrocentre this Christmas?

Middle = Picture of front of 10 B9 showing Metrocentre as desty.

Bottom = They can't, catch our 309 to Newcastle and hop on board 
our FAST TEN, every TEN minutes from Eldon Square.
(27 May 2015, 9:40 pm)leestransportphotos wrote 8246 was on the 74 today and the driver was clueless!

Considering the challenges of the 74 route with issues such as narrow roads with passing places, narrow bridge and tight corners around Darras Hall, I don't think its fair to say the driver was clueless. The areas around Matfen and Stamfordham certainly requires a clued up driver.
(29 May 2015, 7:12 am)I JGuyParkRoyal wrote Considering the challenges of the 74 route with issues such as narrow roads with passing places, narrow bridge and tight corners around Darras Hall, I don't think its fair to say the driver was clueless. The areas around Matfen and Stamfordham certainly requires a clued up driver

Well maybe I was being a bit unrealistic, but it got to the point where the driver of the 28 behind her nearly had to get out the bus to guide her.... Which he was doing anyway from his cab
Does anyone know when the Cadets and the B10 will be branded "Black Cats" for the 33/33A/39?
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Spotted 544 not in service this morning in the tunstall hope road. I always thought buses weren't allowed to use this road as it far too narrow
(29 May 2015, 9:10 am)Acky81 wrote What's the 39 new brand like please tell me it's going on decent vehicles

No, Cadets and one B10.

Cause i'm epic and that, i remembered i hadn't emptied my recycle bin when i deleted all my downloads and found the timetable which GNE had on before they changed it. 
.pdf 39_times_from_31_May_2015_Publication (1).pdf
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Go North East

Services #20 & ‪#‎20A‬ towards Sunderland are omitting Houghton Cut, Stoneygate & Doxford, and are diverting via Newbottle & Herrington Burn.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
6040 on a Newcastle X21 was taking an alternative route via Wardley Black Bull and Heworth due to traffic grinding to a halt on the A1m beyond Washington Services.
Cadet with 'Doxford Inter' on the 39 earlier.
A new blind or an error?
'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Site Administrator
(29 May 2015, 4:24 pm)Andreos1 wrote Cadet with 'Doxford Inter' on the 39 earlier.
A new blind or an error?

I thought the terminal point for service 39 was still set as "Doxford Park", and it was the terminal point for service 33 which was set as "Doxford Inter" (as below). I could be wrong though, as I've seen so many destination displays recently!

[Image: 15792531433_512766788b.jpg]3982 PJ02 PZH Go North East Northern East Lancs Vyking on the 33 to Doxford International by North East Malarkey, on Flickr

It says "Inter" because "International" does not fit while remaining at that size. Either way, they'll be changed on Sunday for the changes at Deptford. The top line will show "Doxford Park", and the second line will show "International via x, y z", "Shops via x, y, z" etc. All colour route number backgrounds will additionally be removed in favour of plain white Arial route numbers, as per the 56 at present. The via points will match the main calling points given on Go North East's website / service timetable.
(29 May 2015, 4:35 pm)Dan wrote I thought the terminal point for service 39 was still set as "Doxford Park", and it was the terminal point for service 33 which was set as "Doxford Inter" (as below). I could be wrong though, as I've seen so many destination displays recently!

[Image: 15792531433_512766788b.jpg]3982 PJ02 PZH Go North East Northern East Lancs Vyking on the 33 to Doxford International by North East Malarkey, on Flickr

It says "Inter" because "International" does not fit while remaining at that size. Either way, they'll be changed on Sunday for the changes at Deptford. The top line will show "Doxford Park", and the second line will show "International via x, y z", "Shops via x, y, z" etc. All colour route number backgrounds will additionally be removed in favour of plain white Arial route numbers, as per the 56 at present. The via points will match the main calling points given on Go North East's website / service timetable.

Will the rest of Deptford's route destinations be changed on Sunday, like the 2/2A etc?
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(29 May 2015, 5:38 pm)Michael wrote Will the rest of Deptford's route destinations be changed on Sunday, like the 2/2A etc?

Howay Michael, read the last Paragraph under my Photo on Dans Post.