Menu

Pages (39)    1 2 339   
citaro5284   01 Jun 2015, 4:30 pm
(01 Jun 2015, 4:24 pm)aureolin wrote 4935 looks to be having destination troubles. None of them are working, with a single led lit in the top left of the front.

The single dot means the blinds are not getting communication from the Controller in the cab.  Probably due to them trying to put Washington's file into a CLS vehicle.
Davie   01 Jun 2015, 4:45 pm
(01 Jun 2015, 7:37 am)Robert wrote 3970 is at Stanley

You can keep it Smile
S813 FVK   01 Jun 2015, 4:51 pm
(01 Jun 2015, 4:45 pm)Davie wrote You can keep it Smile

It can go straight back to Riverside...luckily it was allocated to service 828 as opposed to the bus i get Smile Would have been interesting to see if the curse of the Vyking contiuned though.
Davie   01 Jun 2015, 4:54 pm
(01 Jun 2015, 4:51 pm)Robert wrote It can go straight back to Riverside...luckily it was allocated to service 828 as opposed to the bus i get Smile Would have been interesting to see if the curse of the Vyking contiuned though.

And here I thought you loved them Smile
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
S813 FVK   01 Jun 2015, 4:56 pm
(01 Jun 2015, 4:54 pm)Davie wrote And here I thought you loved them Smile

You don't know me as well as i know you Tongue 
pdiddy   01 Jun 2015, 5:40 pm
(01 Jun 2015, 4:30 pm)citaro5284 wrote The single dot means the blinds are not getting communication from the Controller in the cab.  Probably due to them trying to put Washington's file into a CLS vehicle.

It's been like that for weeks now. When it was at Crook a couple of weeks ago you had to leave the ignition and engine on for about 5mins for it to work. 

When u first turn bus on it just has the orange dot in corner , 5mins later it works. Strange one 
Andreos1   01 Jun 2015, 6:25 pm
It was too far to make out for certain, but 4935 looked as though it was heading back to Chester.
There was an old school Solar coming off the A1 tonight about half an hour back.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
thetravelman   01 Jun 2015, 7:57 pm
(01 Jun 2015, 1:39 pm)Malarkey wrote Go North East have the following Vehicles on Loan at Hexham Depot for Scholars Contracts inherited from Howard Snaithes.

Scania Irizar - YN55 PZB
https://www.flickr.com/photos/27974644@N...ateposted/

Stanley Travel Mercedes Vario/Plaxton Beaver - 0003 STX

Go-Ahead Oxford Bus Company Plaxton Paragon - JJ08 OXF

Other Plaxton Paragons include K3 VOY, And KX08 HLU/R

All Photos by ASP8 on Flickr.

Evening All,

Has GNE won these NCC routes or just stepping in Temporarily until the Tender process has been concluded?

How many routes have they received and for where? Is it just the School services or have they got any of the normal service routes also?

Why have GNE loaned coaches from the likes of Stanley Travel and Go-Ahead Oxford? Do they have to use a Coach type bus for these services, could they not use a normal service bus, like they do for school services in other areas?

It would be good to see GNE expand further in the Hexham and West Northumberland areas !

Cheers!
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Andreos1   01 Jun 2015, 8:04 pm
(01 Jun 2015, 7:57 pm)thetravelman wrote Evening All,

Has GNE won these NCC routes or just stepping in Temporarily until the Tender process has been concluded?

How many routes have they received and for where? Is it just the School services or have they got any of the normal service routes also?

Why have GNE loaned coaches from the likes of Stanley Travel and Go-Ahead Oxford? Do they have to use a Coach type bus for these services, could they not use a normal service bus, like they do for school services in other areas?

It would be good to see GNE expand further in the Hexham and West Northumberland areas !

Cheers!

Pdiddy might be giving Davey Bowyer a run for his money with the X1 obsession.
Reckon you are running Michael close, with the questions! Wink

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Michael   01 Jun 2015, 8:07 pm
Not asked one question today, this is only my 4th post today!

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Malarkey   01 Jun 2015, 8:09 pm
(01 Jun 2015, 8:07 pm)Michael wrote Not asked one question today, this is only my 4th post today!

Are you coming down with something Michael, heard there was some Bug going around.
thetravelman   01 Jun 2015, 8:12 pm

MarcTheA4 Wrote: p

Most likely Pat, she did my scholars service for a short while during the 2013-2014 academic year, and I got to know her a bit. If I ever saw her after she finished driving my scholars for that period, I'd go up and say hello. I think she does do the odd run on the scholars every now and then, I see her about once a month or so, but haven't for quite a while recently. Because she told me a lot about her career, I used to bring her up on the forum every now and then, it became some sort of running gag... Haha. 

I don't know who Audrey is, I used to speak to a lot of the Chester-le-Street staff, but since the rota amalgamation a year ago, I lost track of who did what, and as there seems to be so many new drivers at Chester-le-Street these days, I don't really bother. The only staff I ever really talk to these days, if I see them and have time, are Gary Wheatley and Pat. However, there are a few drivers who know me by name, who always give me a wave or say hello should I cross paths with them. [Image: smile.gif]

It was indeed Pat. Never actually seen her out and about so was a nice spot. As i said, the hair gave it away at first and then i saw the face and just confirmed my suspicions.

[Image: avatar_621.jpg?dateline=1431038598]

[b]aureolin[/b] [Image: buddy_offline.png]

Do we think that Pat knows she's got a fan club on NEB...? [Image: wink.gif]

I spoke to a driver at the Metro Centre Bus Rally this year called "Pat" from Chester Le Street Depot, she had brought the recently withdrawn "Lime" to the Rally. She was was very pleasant and spared a lot of time to talk to me. I'm guessing this is probably the same Pat as some of you have been talking about.

I give her the thumbs up
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
thetravelman   01 Jun 2015, 8:15 pm
(01 Jun 2015, 8:04 pm)Andreos1 wrote Pdiddy might be giving Davey Bowyer a run for his money with the X1 obsession.
Reckon you are running Michael close, with the questions! Wink

Well if you don't ask you don't find out ! Wink Tongue
Acky81   01 Jun 2015, 8:21 pm
Wonder what passenger numbers are like on the evening 39 go north east journeys now. Also has anyone got any pics of deptfords aerial font on destination displays? I saw 35a at Heworth earlier looked awful 5A looked ok but the 3 was squashed up

547 has returned home to deptford lol
Michael   01 Jun 2015, 8:26 pm
(01 Jun 2015, 8:09 pm)Malarkey wrote Are you coming down with something Michael, heard there was some Bug going around.

Hope not, i have so much to do!  Tongue

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
LeeCalder   01 Jun 2015, 8:50 pm
(01 Jun 2015, 8:12 pm)thetravelman wrote

I spoke to a driver at the Metro Centre Bus Rally this year called "Pat" from Chester Le Street Depot, she had brought the recently withdrawn "Lime" to the Rally. She was was very pleasant and spared a lot of time to talk to me. I'm guessing this is probably the same Pat as some of you have been talking about.

I give her the thumbs up

Yep that's the Pat we're on about. One of the most pleasant people within the company. Certainly has a lot of time for me and other enthusiasts (eg Marcus) as well as the passengers. 
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
citaro5284   01 Jun 2015, 8:52 pm
(01 Jun 2015, 8:50 pm)LeeCalder wrote Yep that's the Pat we're on about. One of the most pleasant people within the company. Certainly has a lot of time for me and other enthusiasts (eg Marcus) as well as the passengers. 

Just like me.... Tongue
LeeCalder   01 Jun 2015, 8:55 pm
(01 Jun 2015, 8:52 pm)citaro5284 wrote Just like me.... Tongue

And you Citaro, of course  Wink
gneasy91   01 Jun 2015, 9:25 pm
I wander when there will be another south tyneside changes are whatever
Malarkey   02 Jun 2015, 7:59 am
Job for Dan and Citaro5284 for today, fix 5305s Front LED Display, currently in PL on 36 to Chester le Street.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Dan   02 Jun 2015, 8:24 am
(02 Jun 2015, 7:59 am)Malarkey wrote Job for Dan and Citaro5284 for today, fix 5305s Front LED Display, currently in PL on 36 to Chester le Street.

You'll have to be more descriptive than that and possibly provide a photograph, Malarkey.

We're aware of the issue with part of the white number going into the normal LED section of the display, on services like 20A and 35A where there are three characters.
Text'en   02 Jun 2015, 8:37 am

Cheers!

Hexham have gained 5 contracts with the loss of 1 (Haltwhistle - Hexham) 

0108 and 0110 Haltwhistle - Haydon Bridge 
0135 Matfen to Hexham 
0141 Steel to Hexham (Previously ran Whitley Chapel/Hexham via Dotland now runs via Juniper) and 
0136 Halton Shield to Hexham via Corbridge.

3 coaches from the training school  plus 2 Scanias from Hexham are being prepared to meet contract requirements. 
Scott   02 Jun 2015, 8:49 am
Saw a red Wright Cadet on training duties yesterday.
Scott   02 Jun 2015, 8:51 am

Cheers!

(02 Jun 2015, 8:37 am)Text\en wrote Hexham have gained 5 contracts with the loss of 1 (Haltwhistle - Hexham) 

0108 and 0110 Haltwhistle - Haydon Bridge 
0135 Matfen to Hexham 
0141 Steel to Hexham (Previously ran Whitley Chapel/Hexham via Dotland now runs via Juniper) and 
0136 Halton Shield to Hexham via Corbridge.

3 coaches from the training school  plus 2 Scanias from Hexham are being prepared to meet contract requirements. 

Northumberland County Council specify vehicles with seatbelts, hence why the coaches are being used. Most are also closed door services, which require seatbelts by law.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Malarkey   02 Jun 2015, 9:03 am
(02 Jun 2015, 8:24 am)Dan wrote You'll have to be more descriptive than that and possibly provide a photograph, Malarkey.

We're aware of the issue with part of the white number going into the normal LED section of the display, on services like 20A and 35A where there are three characters.
It doesnt show "Chester le Street 36" with the via Points as it should at all, merely half dozen LEDs lit up on the Screen, I did note this like 2 Weeks Ago mind.
Dan   02 Jun 2015, 11:03 am
(02 Jun 2015, 8:51 am)Scott wrote Northumberland County Council specify vehicles with seatbelts, hence why the coaches are being used. Most are also closed door services, which require seatbelts by law.

I have amended your quotes.

To add further information, fleet number to registration allocation of the vehicles presently on loan is as follows:
  • 99 (JJ08 OXF)
  • 9112 (OO03 STX)
  • 9116 (YN55 PZB)
  • 9117 (KX08 HLR)
  • 9118 (KX08 HLU)

In other news; Riverside's VDL SB120/Wright Merit 8262 (NK04 ZKY) has now transferred to Washington, leaving just 8264 (NK04 ZLE) to transfer.
Michael   02 Jun 2015, 11:51 am
Any update on when the next 2 East Lancs OmniDekka's will arrive, as only have 10/12 arrived.

When will the others enter service?

When is the GNE website getting its update, thought it was end of May?

(01 Jun 2015, 9:25 pm)gneasy91 wrote I wander when there will be another south tyneside  changes are whatever

Not sure, it seems the services are working in that area atm.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael   02 Jun 2015, 1:58 pm
GNE still have the 238 down as a East Durham service on their site.

EDIT: Typo!

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Tom   02 Jun 2015, 2:05 pm
Hopefully GNE will gain some normal work from Howard Snaiths too, they have the:

79 - Ponteland-Morpeth (Wed)
613 - Whittonstall-Hexham (Tues) - Could be merged with 689?
808 - Otterburn-Newcastle (Mon-Sat)
880 - Hexham-Bellingham (Mon-Sat) or Kielder (Tues/Fri/Sat)
882 - Hexham-Colwell (Mon-Sat)
915 - Bellingham-Otteburn (Thurs/Fri) - Could interwork with 880?

Would be nice for GNE to expand their Tynedale Links network.
Michael   02 Jun 2015, 2:09 pm
(02 Jun 2015, 2:05 pm)Tom wrote Hopefully GNE will gain some normal work from Howard Snaiths too, they have the:

79 - Ponteland-Morpeth (Wed)
613 - Whittonstall-Hexham (Tues) - Could be merged with 689?
808 - Otterburn-Newcastle (Mon-Sat)
880 - Hexham-Bellingham (Mon-Sat) or Kielder (Tues/Fri/Sat)
882 - Hexham-Colwell (Mon-Sat)
915 - Bellingham-Otteburn (Thurs/Fri) - Could interwork with 880?

Would be nice for GNE to expand their Tynedale Links network.

Would be good to see GNE expand their Tynedale Links network, most of the services can be merged. 

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Pages (39)    1 2 339