You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2015

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2015
6125 is on 43/44/44A just left Eldon Square now
Favourite Company is: Go North East
Favourite Operator in UK is: EYMS
Owner of Bella the Cat

Mood right now: Fustrated and Feel Left Out
5410 is out today finally got a shot on phone as my camera had just died but has now has full power
Owner of Bella the Cat

5401 Nis in stanley on the 78 route with 2 very shady looking characters sitting aboard!
(03 Jun 2015, 12:03 pm)Racer_Experience wrote 6125 is on 43/44/44A just left Eldon Square now

now on scholars service 821
Site Administrator
(03 Jun 2015, 1:12 pm)3785 wrote 5401 Nis in stanley on the 78 route with 2 very shady looking characters sitting aboard!

Next Stop Announcement testing, I'd imagine. You'll be in citaro5284's bad books, if this is the case!
Both Streetlites i've being today have had the announcement bar things on:

The branded version was advertising GNE Tickets, Facebook page and that the brand was similar to local landmarks or something like that
Go North East one was advertising the WIFI, although when i got on the bus at Washington Galleries it had: This stop is:
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Site Administrator
(03 Jun 2015, 2:42 pm)Michael wrote Both Streetlites i've being today have had the announcement bar things on:

The branded version was advertising GNE Tickets, Facebook page and that the brand was similar to local landmarks or something like that
Go North East one was advertising the WIFI, although when i got on the bus at Washington Galleries it had: This stop is:

Yep - that's the full version which the vehicles will display when they are allocated to a route which does not have Next Stop Announcements (such as the 34/34A at Chester-le-Street when the red spare isn't required to cover for a branded vehicle on the 8/78).

Hopefully not long now until they're rolled out across all 25 buses with Next Stop Announcements, including the audio!
That's good, was gonna ask if the announcements would change if it was on another route but you've answered that for me!.... that would be good, if they could...

So example - C&C on the 28 - the announcements would be for the 28 instead of one of the C&C routes.

Anyway you could do that or will it be a massive pain
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(03 Jun 2015, 2:49 pm)Michael wrote Anyone had a ride on 6125 today?

I havent, unfortunatly. It was on the wrong service  Angry
(03 Jun 2015, 2:49 pm)Michael wrote Anyone had a ride on 6125 today?

I bloody wish I had, I saw it in Whickham going to Newcastle, but I was on scholars. Certainly looked younger than its actual age with the fresh paint!
Looks like i'll have to go to Stanley to ride one.

Is 6125 the only one out?
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(03 Jun 2015, 2:56 pm)Michael wrote Looks like i'll have to go to Stanley to ride one.

Is 6125 the only one out?

Probably otherwise Bazza would have told us by now, like he did with all of the Omnicities on Toon Link. Big Grin

Speaking of Toon Link, are any of the other ones out?
Site Administrator
(03 Jun 2015, 2:52 pm)Michael wrote That's good, was gonna ask if the announcements would change if it was on another route but you've answered that for me!.... that would be good, if they could...

So example - C&C on the 28 - the announcements would be for the 28 instead of one of the C&C routes.

Anyway you could do that or will it be a massive pain

As more and more vehicles gain Next Stop Announcements, this probably could be justified. Until then, it doesn't make a great deal of sense to have Next Stop Announcements when the wrong bus is allocated, hence the generic promotional messages.

169 vehicles out of approximately 670 (when the fleet is cleared of any buses due for withdrawal and those currently in storage whilst awaiting disposal) isn't too bad at all, especially given that Next Stop Announcements were only first rolled out five years ago. Of course, I think we can guarantee this increasing by a further 14 vehicles, when these arrive... Tongue 
(03 Jun 2015, 2:59 pm)Dan wrote As more and more vehicles gain Next Stop Announcements, this probably could be justified. Until then, it doesn't make a great deal of sense to have Next Stop Announcements when the wrong bus is allocated, hence the generic promotional messages.

169 vehicles out of approximately 670 (when the fleet is cleared of any buses due for withdrawal and those currently in storage whilst awaiting disposal) isn't too bad at all, especially given that Next Stop Announcements were only first rolled out five years ago. Of course, I think we can guarantee this increasing by a further 14 vehicles, when these arrive... Tongue 

Makes sense tbh, 173 isn't bad at all, thought it was less than that if i'm going to be honest.

When will the first of the last remaining 14 buses start to arrive?

When the Quaylink versa's go for a repaint?
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Site Administrator
(03 Jun 2015, 3:03 pm)Michael wrote Makes sense tbh, 173 isn't bad at all, thought it was less than that if i'm going to be honest.

Miles ahead of Stagecoach, who are yet to include the feature as standard. Arriva is of course only including it as standard on "Sapphire" specification routes (68 in total currently), but there are a few extra vehicles (no more than 20 if I recall correctly) dotted around that have gained Next Stop Announcements through various third party funding.

Unsure about when the last of the new buses ordered in the 2014/15 financial year will arrive, but I bet the gap between the last Streetlite and the first of the 14 new buses will allow some time for Saltmeadows Rd to recover! They've been working non-stop since the first new bus arrived a few months ago! Tongue 
(03 Jun 2015, 3:03 pm)Michael wrote Makes sense tbh, 169 isn't bad at all, thought it was less than that if i'm going to be honest.

When the Quaylink versa's go for a repaint?

2 questions in one post...going back to your old ways Michael Tongue 
(03 Jun 2015, 3:11 pm)Robert wrote 2 questions in one post...going back to your old ways Michael Tongue 

Making up for the last few days Tongue  Angel
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(03 Jun 2015, 3:39 pm)Tommy_1581 wrote That's one of the worst junctions in Sunderland - that and the one at the Prospect. The lights are terrible too.

EDIT: incident is now being cleared

Chester road is the worst, the prospect is only bad cause of the bus lanes. 
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(03 Jun 2015, 2:58 pm)Jackamcardle wrote Probably otherwise Bazza would have told us by now, like he did with all of the Omnicities on Toon Link. Big Grin

Speaking of Toon Link, are any of the other ones out?

Saw only 1 ominidekka which was 6125 a few more toon links are out today photos should be online at around 10ish as am at a course I could finish earlier
Owner of Bella the Cat

Site Administrator
(03 Jun 2015, 5:05 pm)Davie wrote 5241 needs it's blind fixed - https://www.flickr.com/photos/109436376@...ed-public/

5241 has had intermittent issues for over a year now. Trouble is, when it comes to getting it fixed, there's nothing ever wrong with it!

It was certainly fine when I programmed the destination, and was when it first entered service.
(03 Jun 2015, 5:09 pm)Dan wrote 5241 has had intermittent issues for over a year now. Trouble is, when it comes to getting it fixed, there's nothing ever wrong with it!

It was certainly fine when I programmed the destination, and was when it first entered service.

That doesn't surprise me, after all it is an Omnicity!
(03 Jun 2015, 2:26 pm)Robert wrote now on scholars service 821

Was replaced by 3887 at The MetroCentre at around 2pm.