Deprecated: preg_replace(): Passing null to parameter #3 ($subject) of type array|string is deprecated in /home/northeas/public_html/forums/inc/functions.php on line 5739
Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2015 | North East Buses

Skip to main content

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2015

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2015

Site Administrator
RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2015
(07 Jun 2015, 3:22 pm)Simmy wrote Yep it was the X84/X85 'X'. No worries. Looks good on the X7 Smile.

Have the destinations been updated on the X7 now?

When I was last kicking about Park Lane, they hadn't been. The photos I'd seen of MPDs on Flickr suggested that Peterlee's own hadn't been updated either but Deptford's had been.
(07 Jun 2015, 3:28 pm)Dan wrote Have the destinations been updated on the X7 now?

When I was last kicking about Park Lane, they hadn't been. The photos I'd seen of MPDs on Flickr suggested that Peterlee's own hadn't been updated either but Deptford's had been.

On Friday, at least one of the Mercs had the new 'X'. Noticed it at Peterlee whilst getting off an ANE service 23. Hope my mind isn't playing tricks on me though.
Site Administrator
(07 Jun 2015, 3:30 pm)Simmy wrote On Friday, at least one of the Mercs had the new 'X'. Noticed it at Peterlee whilst getting off an ANE service 23. Hope my mind isn't playing tricks on me though.

Spot on!

Just found this photo which shows the new display, so it looks like you're right. Unsure about the date given on the EXIF info, mind, as they were only due to be updated last Sunday!
(07 Jun 2015, 3:28 pm)Dan wrote Have the destinations been updated on the X7 now?

Yes, I saw a WTX Citaro with an updated display with the X7 showing like they do on the X84/X85 when I was in Middlesbrough on Tuesday.

May be wrong but I think it may have been scrolling for Sunderland unless the driver accidentally selected the wrong screen.
5362 is looking tatty.
Passed it not long ago, with an odd coloured corner bumper and a big gash down one side.
Hopefully they don't slip to the standard set by their gold cousins.
'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Saw 566 at Whitley Bay operating the 17A earlier and when it approached the lights, the driver braked and it bobbed up and down about 4 times. Looked so fun - its front end was a lot higher than the rear though so probably explains why it was so bouncy.
Hope Deptford get some Omnidekker's from Brighton later this year, if they get new buses....
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
andymac69
Unregistered
(07 Jun 2015, 5:47 pm)Michael wrote Hope Deptford get some Omnidekker's from Brighton later this year, if they get new buses....

in my view deptford need a whole new fleet of vehicles the quality of best part of them are a disgrace especially the (not so) fast cats..i was on one the other day going up shibdon bank and it barely made it..
(07 Jun 2015, 6:38 pm)andymac69 wrote in my view deptford need a whole new fleet of vehicles the quality of best part of them are a disgrace especially the (not so) fast cats..i was on one the other day going up shibdon bank and it barely made it..

Best part of them? I'd say apart from the Cadets they've got a good modern fleet there. The B10BLEs will need to be gone by the end of the year iirc.
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Site Administrator
(07 Jun 2015, 6:51 pm)aureolin wrote Best part of them? I'd say apart from the Cadets they've got a good modern fleet there. The B10BLEs will need to be gone by the end of the year iirc.

Thought I'd compare the two big depots...
Roundest to the nearest tenth of a year; Deptford has an average fleet age of 8.4, while Riverside has an average fleet age of 8. I believe the company average is 8.6, including a number of vehicles which are due to be withdrawn but are still presently in use within the fleet.

The fleet age will be dramatically reduced when all re-allocations for the 2014/15 financial year are complete. Go North East are to gain further Scania OmniDekkas later this year too, which will also reduce the average age of the company's fleet as a whole. 
(07 Jun 2015, 6:38 pm)andymac69 wrote in my view deptford need a whole new fleet of vehicles the quality of best part of them are a disgrace especially the (not so) fast cats..i was on one the other day going up shibdon bank and it barely made it..

The prince bishops solars are the worst more worse than the not so fast cats, 5214 is the worst. even a Vyking with a full load could go up the bank in Houghton le spring faster than that lump of sh*t

90 minutes on 5214 from durham to shields with the slowest driver ever  Angry                overall  -10 out of 10       bloddy awful     it makes me angry thinking about it!!
My New Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/140662069@N02/ - Posts every Weekend at the minimum Smile
(07 Jun 2015, 7:24 pm)South Tyne Lad wrote  The prince bishops solars are the worst more worse than the fat cats, 5214 is the worst. even a Vyking with a full load could go up the bank in Houghton le spring faster than that lump of sh*t

90 minutes on 5214 from durham to shields with the slowest driver ever  Angry                overall  -10 out of 10       bloddy awful     it makes me angry thinking about it!!

If you're talking about Houghton cut, then that's one hell of a bank for any vehicle to climb. A bus load of passengers is never going to do anywhere near the speedlimit up there. 
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
(07 Jun 2015, 7:26 pm)aureolin wrote If you're talking about Houghton cut, then that's one hell of a bank for any vehicle to climb. A bus load of passengers is never going to do anywhere near the speedlimit up there. 

yeah i meant Houghton cut.  I was joking with the vyking with a full load climbing it, though 5214 climbed a lot worse than other solars ive been on up Houghton cut

though I couldn't imagine a full load vyking up Houghton cut!
My New Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/140662069@N02/ - Posts every Weekend at the minimum Smile
(07 Jun 2015, 7:24 pm)South Tyne Lad wrote  The prince bishops solars are the worst more worse than the not so fast cats, 5214 is the worst. even a Vyking with a full load could go up the bank in Houghton le spring faster than that lump of sh*t

Glad there is someone else sick of them!
(07 Jun 2015, 7:41 pm)Andreos1 wrote Glad there is someone else sick of them!

Would you be happy if the TTX/Red Arrows got New Buses and 6001-6007 & 6043-6055 were Transferred to Deptford for the 20.
(07 Jun 2015, 7:49 pm)Malarkey wrote Would you be happy if the TTX/Red Arrows got New Buses and 6001-6007 & 6043-6055 were Transferred to Deptford for the 20.

Ooh, not sure... Depends what arrived on the X1 instead.
(07 Jun 2015, 7:49 pm)Malarkey wrote Would you be happy if the TTX/Red Arrows got New Buses and 6001-6007 & 6043-6055 were Transferred to Deptford for the 20.

Davey will feel betrayed.
(07 Jun 2015, 7:50 pm)Andreos1 wrote Ooh, not sure... Depends what arrived on the X1 instead.

Scania E400MMCs.
No, no Adam, we all know 6001-6007 are going on the X21
The NEB fleet news is now up - no announcement as of yet on the forum so thought id post in here. Same for other operators too.
Site Administrator
(07 Jun 2015, 7:54 pm)Robert wrote The NEB fleet news is now up - no announcement as of yet on the forum so thought id post in here. Same for other operators too.

As always - you're too quick!

It's in the process of being published now - few more articles to go... Tongue 
(07 Jun 2015, 7:52 pm)Robert wrote Davey will feel betrayed.

As the great Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson has said numerous times over the years, It doesnt matter what Davey thinks Wink .

I would also question whether Davey even uses any of the services in which he has suggested cascades for, god knows where he is from, could be Washington, Ashington, Newcastle, Bishop Auckland or bloody Space for all we know.
(07 Jun 2015, 7:57 pm)Malarkey wrote As the great Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson has said numerous times over the years, It doesnt matter what Davey thinks Wink .

I would also question whether Davey even uses any of the services in which he has suggested cascades for, god knows where he is from, could be Washington, Ashington, Newcastle, Bishop Auckland or bloody Space for all we know.

I ponder that question every time I see one of his posts.
(07 Jun 2015, 7:53 pm)Jimmi wrote No, no Adam, we all know 6001-6007 are going on the X21

Had a way and bollocks Jimmi, they are going no where and that is that, tellem Dan and Citaro5284.
(07 Jun 2015, 7:58 pm)MarcTheA4 wrote I ponder that question every time I see one of his posts.

Should do one of those things where you guess the name of the Teddy Bear, but instead we guess where Davey lives, winner gets a 3 Zone+ Buzzfare Ticket.
(07 Jun 2015, 7:52 pm)Malarkey wrote Scania E400MMCs.

Could they cope with the hills at Newbottle, the incline up to Shiney and Old Durham Road?
The Gemini's struggle on the slip roads onto the Highway, but I think that is more to do with the gearing, than anything else.
(07 Jun 2015, 7:56 pm)Dan wrote As always - you're too quick!

It's in the process of being published now - few more articles to go... Tongue 

Or maybe your too slow? Tongue 

I don't know why i viewed the News page to be honest this time though...i usually wait until the announcement pops up to say its completed because if i click the news to several times knowing it has not being completed, i will just be wasting clicks.
(07 Jun 2015, 8:02 pm)Andreos1 wrote Could they cope with the hills at Newbottle, the incline up to Shiney and Old Durham Road?
The Gemini's struggle on the slip roads onto the Highway, but I think that is more to do with the gearing, than anything else.

No idea but they have a 9 Litre Engine though like the Geminis.
(07 Jun 2015, 8:03 pm)Malarkey wrote No idea but they have a 9 Litre Engine though like the Geminis.

Just pimp them out with plugs and stick them on the 20 then.
Never managed to catch 6099 or 100 eastbound, so unsure as to how they cope on Houghton Cut.
The empty deckers using the A690 after a Rainton Bridge run or an X1, seem to fly up.