You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2015

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2015

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2015
(17 Jun 2015, 8:06 pm)Greg in Weardale wrote There's a less than glowing review of Brighton & Hove Streetdecks in the latest "Buses" magazine.

When there's a full load on the top deck (as there often is), it can become very claustrophobic with the smaller windows. And I'm not usually someone that would find it a problem.
(17 Jun 2015, 9:05 pm)Darryl1976 wrote When there's a full load on the top deck (as there often is), it can become very claustrophobic with the smaller windows. And I'm not usually someone that would find it a problem.

Got to admit I didn't like the small upstairs windows on the Volvo B5TL / Wright Eclipse Gemini 3 demonstrator GNE had on loan for the X21 last year, made me feel a little claustrophobic.
When I was at Saltmeadows earlier me Dave and lee noticed why there was a plain red ominicity there looked like it was sanded down with 8267 next to it could this be 5238 getting prepared for repaint into Toon Link livery as for 8267 I know what that's for as confirmed by Dan himself on here into the cooperative red spare livery however we did see a few versa in the que one was photod by Lee on Flickr now on but also saw 3871 getting thrown into the main depot from the back I wonder why
Favourite Company is: Go North East
Favourite Operator in UK is: EYMS
Owner of Bella the Cat

Mood right now: Fustrated and Feel Left Out
(17 Jun 2015, 10:27 pm)Diamond One wrote When I was at Saltmeadows earlier me Dave and lee noticed why there was a plain red ominicity there looked like it was sanded down with 8267 next to it could this be 5238 getting prepared for repaint into Toon Link livery as for 8267 I know what that's for as confirmed by Dan himself on here into the cooperative red spare livery however we did see a few versa in the que one was photod by Lee on Flickr now on but also saw 3871 getting thrown into the main depot from the back I wonder why

Didn't that get withdrawn?
Site Administrator
(17 Jun 2015, 10:46 pm)Davie wrote Didn't that get withdrawn?

Yes - but there's all sorts that need to be done on buses before they are disposed of.

Go North East have various systems in place and the physical things on the buses for these systems will have to be removed.
(18 Jun 2015, 4:52 am)Dan wrote Yes - but there's all sorts that need to be done on buses before they are disposed of.

Go North East have various systems in place and the physical things on the buses for these systems will have to be removed.

Ahh right, sorry Dan
Site Administrator
(18 Jun 2015, 6:37 am)Davie wrote Ahh right, sorry Dan

No need to apologise - how were you meant to know?
Im on the bus behind 5300 and it has damage on back of the bus where the camera is.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
It would be nice if Go North East could carry the 'famous people' names over into the new Quaylink network. Quite like the feature myself eventhough it is just vinyls on a bus.
(18 Jun 2015, 6:46 am)S813 FVK wrote It would be nice if Go North East could carry the 'famous people' names over into the new Quaylink network. Quite like the feature myself eventhough it is just vinyls on a bus.

I agree it would be nice, sadly I can't see it happen, but stranger things have happened...
(18 Jun 2015, 6:47 am)Davie wrote I agree it would be nice, sadly I can't see it happen, but stranger things have happened...

The only real problem i could see is how many names you can get to cover the full PVR and then also how many times you will have to repeat the names if you run out.
(18 Jun 2015, 6:49 am)S813 FVK wrote The only real problem i could see is how many names you can get to cover the full PVR and then also how many times you will have to repeat the names if you run out.

hat's why I doubt it, although it would look nice
am about to do an upload to flickr should be on anytime today and question is which was the ominicity there in plain red sanded down is this 5238 going into the expected Toon Link livery?
Owner of Bella the Cat

(18 Jun 2015, 2:48 pm)Diamond One wrote am about to do an upload to flickr should be on anytime today and question is which was the ominicity there in plain red sanded down is this 5238 going into the expected Toon Link livery?

That's the plan Bazza mate Smile
(18 Jun 2015, 2:50 pm)Davie wrote That's the plan Bazza mate Smile

was asking Dan if it was true or not i need 100% confirmation
Owner of Bella the Cat

(18 Jun 2015, 3:07 pm)Diamond One wrote was asking Dan if it was true or not i need 100% confirmation

Ahh right, sorry
(18 Jun 2015, 3:07 pm)Diamond One wrote was asking Dan if it was true or not i need 100% confirmation

But considering you keep up to date with GNE fleet news anyway, you would have known? Dan isnt the only person on the forum either.
(18 Jun 2015, 3:09 pm)Davie wrote Ahh right, sorry

ah its ok although i keep track of the fleet alot although the odd day i do feel tired which is today been up at 5am good thing am having an early night tonight
Owner of Bella the Cat

When are the remaining Toon Link Renown's due for withdrawal?
I have just seen 4841 sidelined at Metrocentre due to a handbrake problem which arose on Shibdon Bank in Blaydon, I wondered if it has a serious mechanical fault would Go North East see it as viable to exert the money and resources fixing her, if she will be withdrawn soon? or is she not due for withdrawal yet?
(18 Jun 2015, 5:02 pm)Sidthebusbabe wrote When are the remaining Toon Link Renown's due for withdrawal?
I have just seen 4841 sidelined at Metrocentre due to a handbrake problem which arose on Shibdon Bank in Blaydon, I wondered if it has a serious mechanical fault would Go North East see it as viable to exert the money and resources fixing her, if she will be withdrawn soon? or is she not due for withdrawal yet?

My guess would be when all the Omnicities are ready
(18 Jun 2015, 5:06 pm)Davie wrote My guess would be when all the Omnicities are ready

It's a shame they have to go, some of them (5148 especially) are fantastic buses.
(18 Jun 2015, 5:14 pm)Sidthebusbabe wrote It's a shame they have to go, some of them (5148 especially) are fantastic buses.

My favorite was 5149 out of that batch, 4841 was also a decent bus. I agree It Is a shame
The 700/701 timetable for the summer will start on Saturday, 27 June 2015 by the upcoming changes on the NEXUS site. (timetable not yet online)
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(18 Jun 2015, 5:16 pm)Davie wrote My favorite was 5149 out of that batch, 4841 was also a decent bus. I agree It Is a shame

Yes, 5149 was also my favourite but 5148 is a close second
(18 Jun 2015, 5:06 pm)Davie wrote My guess would be when all the Omnicities are ready

or unless GNE are waiting for there tax discs to expire then withdraw them
Hope when they get the Streetdeck demo that they do this:

- 1 week on full TEN boards from Hexham.
- 2 weeks on the Red Arrows.
- 1 week on the Pronto.

Chances are it could be returned to Wrightbus on a lowloader!