You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Site Administrator
RE: Whitley Bay Bus Rally
(05 Jul 2015, 8:53 am)Tom wrote Likewise!
Will go later on I think if I can be bothered. It was dreadful last year.

Part of the reason why I haven't even made an attempt at leaving the house yet... Kinda waiting on others to say how good or bad it is this year before I head across.

Mentioned to a guy at work that I might go to that Nissan Torque Show thing with him if I could be arsed - so kept my options open. Of course, staying in and being lazy is also an option! Tongue
(05 Jul 2015, 8:55 am)Dan wrote Part of the reason why I haven't even made an attempt at leaving the house yet...

Kinda waiting on others to say how good or bad it is this year before I head across.

Yeah same here.
Wouldn't get myself up early for it like some of them have...
I was going to go but a couple of things have happened:

1: I just got up
2: My Hayfever is wild
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Im still at Home but will be there at around 1:30 - 2pm, wasn't feeling to great when I woke up at Half 7 so I went back to kip, and I feel a bit better.
Well I'm breaking the anonymous identity of idiot.

In black and white shorts and shirt lycra with cycling shoes on. My bike is chained up to potato story bus...
Hope you're at home now mind Citaro. Race starts in 3 minutes! That piss take of the M&S advert was fantastic - even used the same style of logo as M&S  Big Grin
(05 Jul 2015, 12:09 pm)Malarkey wrote While some of you have been there a while now,  im at Billy Mill on the 308.

Haha I'm at Cobalt as I didn't realise the shuttle waited at Stephenson Museum for an hour. Next 309 is 15 mins.
(05 Jul 2015, 11:57 am)S813 FVK wrote Hope you're at home now mind Citaro. Race starts in 3 minutes! That piss take of the M&S advert was fantastic - even used the same style of logo as M&S  Big Grin

Oh aye....watching the race!!
Whitley Bay Bus Rally
I didn't find it that exciting, was there for just over an hour and I probably spent around a third of that time getting photos of normal service buses heading along The Links.

I think the reason I didn't enjoy it that much was because I have seen most of the attendees at other rallies this year and the shuttles didn't blow me away as I went on both the Eden's offerings and wasn't fussed about riding a TTX B9 or the Toon Link Omnicity.

At least I got to do some stalking.
Site Administrator
(05 Jul 2015, 1:19 pm)Jimmi wrote I didn't find it that exciting, was there for just over an hour and I probably spent around a third of that time getting photos of normal service buses heading along The Links.

I think the reason I didn't enjoy it that much was because I have seen most of the attendees at other rallies this year and the shuttles didn't blow me away as I went on both the Eden's offerings and wasn't fussed about riding a TTX B9 or the Toon Link Omnicity.

At least I got to do some stalking.

Was it worth travelling all the way from Aycliffe for?

I didn't bother going out in the end. GTA V was more appealing. Tongue
(05 Jul 2015, 1:20 pm)Dan wrote Was it worth travelling all the way from Aycliffe for?

I didn't bother going out in the end. GTA V was more appealing.

No.

I enjoyed my journeys to the rally though and if I hadn't gone out I would have just been bored and I can't really go anywhere after today for the next week as I am busy all next weekend doing other stuff.
Site Administrator
(05 Jul 2015, 1:26 pm)Tom wrote Yeah it was very boring, on the 1A heading back now.
Only was there longer because of the shuttle.

Haha - the shuttle waiting there for an hour is a ploy to get people to stay there longer!

Guess it's not so bad for you, though, being fairly close to Whitley Bay. Jimmi, on the other hand, has to endure a 3-hour trip back home...  Tongue
(05 Jul 2015, 1:50 pm)Dan wrote Haha - the shuttle waiting there for an hour is a ploy to get people to stay there longer!

Guess it's not so bad for you, though, being fairly close to Whitley Bay. Jimmi, on the other hand, has to endure a 3-hour trip back home... 

Stood in Peterlee waiting for the 21 right now. Bored.
Whitley Bay Bus Rally
I found it to be decent if I'm honest. It's certainly one of the smaller rallies, but it's worth bearing in mind that it's one that NEBPT are pretty much having to build up from scratch again.

It wasn't badly attended in terms of preservationists, but I think there'd have been an issue if more did attend. Buses on the most part were kept to the tarmac area, and ended up being parked really close together due to space constraints.

I had a run out on Busways 1726 and West Yorkshire CUG27. Both done the journey along the coast to Tynemouth and back, and I opted to remain on for the journey back over. Whilst I was there, 33101 and the two Eden buses also ran shuttles.

Decent day out all in all, but id love to see the Atlanteans do a shuttle run sometime. Smile
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
(05 Jul 2015, 1:50 pm)Dan wrote Haha - the shuttle waiting there for an hour is a ploy to get people to stay there longer!

Guess it's not so bad for you, though, being fairly close to Whitley Bay. Jimmi, on the other hand, has to endure a 3-hour trip back home...  Tongue

Yeah it's not bad at all  Smile 

I always thought the 1 was every 30 minutes on Sunday, but realised today it was actually every 20 minutes!
(05 Jul 2015, 10:19 am)idiot wrote Well I'm breaking the anonymous identity of idiot.

In black and white shorts and shirt lycra with cycling shoes on. My bike is chained up to potato story bus...

I think I saw you, if you were sat at the front of CUG27 on its run out?
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
I think I saw Jimmi getting some photos when I got off the 1 at about 12:30 - didn't see him again after that though.
(05 Jul 2015, 2:39 pm)aureolin wrote I think I saw you, if you were sat at the front of CUG27 on its run out?
It was difficult not to spot him in that attire
(05 Jul 2015, 2:54 pm)Tom wrote I think I saw Jimmi getting some photos when I got off the 1 at about 12:30 - didn't see him again after that though.
If it was a young lad in a burgundy Fred Perry T-shirt than it was me, was hovering around a bit as I was also wanting photos of 1, 308 & 309s
(05 Jul 2015, 3:01 pm)Jimmi wrote It was difficult not to spot him in that attire
If it was a young lad in a burgundy Fred Perry T-shirt than it was me, was hovering around a bit as I was also wanting photos of 1, 308 & 309s

Yeah I think it was you.
Yep that was me. Although I had to put another layer on as it was getting chilly that was hi viz yellow long sleeve! But no one said hello to me so kinda still anon. Really enjoyed cycling there and would of probably took the same as metro etc. Mind on way back the bloody head wind!