You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

RE: Jim Hughes of Sunderland/Birtley
Coach Drivers (National Express) – Birtley Depot
We are looking to recruit Full Time Coach Drivers to operate National Express services from our Birtley Depot.

Applications should hold a PCV Licence, be flexible, be smart in appearance and polite.

- Operate long distance scheduled National Express services between North East and London.
- Overnight stays in London are required, accommodation will be arranged and paid for by the company.
- Issue passenger tickets, collect and submit fares.
- Load/unload passenger luggage.
- Successful applicants are required to undertake vehicle and customer services training in preparation to start services on the National Express network.

This vacancy is for an immediate start.

Applicants should call (0191) 410 4107
(28 May 2015, 3:05 am)nk55 wrote Hi jh coaches,  what runs have you won contracts for and what coaches will be used. Thanks

My contacts tell me they're taking the 426/436 work from Yourbus and have recieved 3 Levantes (FN06 FMA (C066), FJ57 KHP (SR95) & FJ57 KHR (SR96)) on loan from National Express for now. Due to start at the weekend

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

(28 May 2015, 9:49 pm)tyresmoke wrote My contacts tell me they're taking the 426/436 work from Yourbus and have recieved 3 Levantes (FN06 FMA (C066), FJ57 KHP (SR95) & FJ57 KHR (SR96)) on loan from National Express for now. Due to start at the weekend

Are those the Ashington runs? 
Jim Hughes of Sunderland/Birtley
Anyone know if they are doing a shuttle or big private hire in the Durham area today as I have just seen a large number of their double deckers near Durham Railway Station (the stop outside County Hospital the 49/49A stops at).
(29 May 2015, 8:38 am)Tommy_1581 wrote Are those the Ashington runs? 

426/436 are the South Shields-London runs. 425/435 are the Ashington ones and as yet no operator has been revealed for those.
(29 May 2015, 10:25 am)Jimmi wrote Anyone know if they are doing a shuttle or big private hire in the Durham area today as I have just seen a large number of their double deckers near Durham Railway Station (the stop outside County Hospital the 49/49A stops at).

Cricket?
Some on at Chester tonight.
Installed huge floodlights for the evening games.
'Illegitimis non carborundum'
(29 May 2015, 12:45 pm)Jimmi wrote Looked like private hire for Uni or something like that given the age of the passengers.

Uni then? Wink

No idea to be honest. Could be anything.
(29 May 2015, 10:25 am)Jimmi wrote Anyone know if they are doing a shuttle or big private hire in the Durham area today as I have just seen a large number of their double deckers near Durham Railway Station (the stop outside County Hospital the 49/49A stops at).

One of their drivers mentioned private bookings for Newcastle Races was expected for today in addition to the normal races shuttle that they run.
(29 May 2015, 10:35 am)Kuyoyo wrote 426/436 are the South Shields-London runs. 425/435 are the Ashington ones and as yet no operator has been revealed for those.

jh coaches do have the 425/426 to London i should know this as im driving 1  
PB1049268/32 - JIM HUGHES COACHES LTD T/A JH Coaches, FELL BANK, BIRTLEY, CHESTER LE STREET, DH3 2SP
Registration Accepted
Starting Point: Birtley
Finish Point: Birtley
Via:
Service Number: 23
Service Type: Normal Stopping/Hail & Ride
Effective Date: 26-JUL-2015
Other Details: Monday to Saturday, except Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Years Day
(04 Jun 2015, 10:48 am)Kuyoyo wrote PB1049268/32 - JIM HUGHES COACHES LTD T/A JH Coaches, FELL BANK, BIRTLEY, CHESTER LE STREET, DH3 2SP
Registration Accepted
Starting Point: Birtley
Finish Point: Birtley
Via:
Service Number: 23
Service Type: Normal Stopping/Hail & Ride
Effective Date: 26-JUL-2015
Other Details: Monday to Saturday, except Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Years Day

Wonder what they will use on that then, would imagine they would have to get a Low Floor Minibus from somewhere.

Its also great to see an Independent Operator expanding so rapidly over the past year.
(28 May 2015, 9:49 pm)tyresmoke wrote My contacts tell me they're taking the 426/436 work from Yourbus and have recieved 3 Levantes (FN06 FMA (C066), FJ57 KHP (SR95) & FJ57 KHR (SR96)) on loan from National Express for now. Due to start at the weekend
See in bus and coach buyer a Nottingham dealer is selling second hand levantes, and in route one your bus complaining about NX after they took all the contracts off them.
(04 Jun 2015, 11:32 am)makem1 wrote See in bus and coach buyer a Nottingham dealer is selling second hand levantes, and in route one your bus complaining about NX after they took all the contracts off them.
Yourbus is selling a lot of Levantes directly. I agree with the comments about how well jh is doing, good on them.
I've just had some information from Mr Brown at JH Coaches, and he believes that they are going to purchase either a Enviro 200 or Plaxton Primo for the 23 route.
(06 Jun 2015, 9:20 am)LeeCalder wrote I've just had some information from Mr Brown at JH Coaches, and he believes that they are going to purchase either a Enviro 200 or Plaxton Primo for the 23 route.
The E200 would be better as GCT have one then it could have a set allocation.
Against the Anti-Lee Club.
(06 Jun 2015, 9:20 am)LeeCalder wrote I've just had some information from Mr Brown at JH Coaches, and he believes that they are going to purchase either a Enviro 200 or Plaxton Primo for the 23 route.

Hopefully they will get an Enviro 200. Seating layout on the Primo's are strange and I don't Primo's are considered to be the most reliable buses.
I've updated our fleetlist with the latest info kindly provided by JH Coaches
http://northeastbuses.co.uk/fleet/operat...perator=31

If anyone can go out and get photos of the missing vehicles on Flickr then that would be great and make our fleetlist even better!

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

(13 May 2015, 5:57 am)JHCoaches wrote JH15COM and JH15BUS (Santander Docks) arriving soon!

WSV570 - To enter service soon!

I saw JH15COM in Darlington this morning, still awaiting vinyls, but it certainly is very smart and stands out.
UGD 735 had a driver playing the hokey cokey with the two lanes of the A19 earlier.
Couldn't make up his mind which lane to be in.
PHP
PB1049268/JIM HUGHES COACHES LTD T/A JH CoachesFELL BANKBIRTLEYCHESTER LE STREETDH3 2SP

Cancellation Accepted
Operating between GREAT PARKWARKWORTH WOODS and ST CUTHBERTS RC SCHOOL given service number 105 effective from 29-Aug-2015.

PB1049268
/JIM HUGHES COACHES LTD T/A JH CoachesFELL BANKBIRTLEYCHESTER LE STREETDH3 2SP

Cancellation Accepted
Operating between KENTON COMP SCHOOL and DENTON ROAD COUNTESS DRIVE given service number 106 effective from 29-Aug-2015.

PB1049268
/13 JIM HUGHES COACHES LTD T/A JH CoachesFELL BANKBIRTLEYCHESTER LE STREETDH3 2SP

Cancellation Accepted
Operating between DAME ALLANS SCHOOL and WALBOTTLE CAMPUS given service number 139 effective from 29-Aug-2015.

PB1049268
/14 JIM HUGHES COACHES LTD T/A JH CoachesFELL BANKBIRTLEYCHESTER LE STREETDH3 2SP

Cancellation Accepted
Operating between KENTON COMP SCHOOL and KINGSTON PARK WINDSOR PUBLIC HOUSE given service number 124 effective from 29-Aug-2015.

PB1049268
/15 JIM HUGHES COACHES LTD T/A JH CoachesFELL BANKBIRTLEYCHESTER LE STREETDH3 2SP

Cancellation Accepted
Operating between GOSFORTH EAST MIDDLE SCHOOL and WIDE OPEN TRAVELLERS REST given service number 116 effective from 29-Aug-2015.

PB1049268
/25 JIM HUGHES COACHES LTD T/A JH CoachesFELL BANKBIRTLEYCHESTER LE STREETDH3 2SP

Variation Accepted
Operating between BOLDON COMP SCHOOL and PERTH AVENUE given service number 542 effective from 30-Aug-2015. To amend Timetable.

PB1049268/27 JIM HUGHES COACHES LTD T/A JH CoachesFELL BANKBIRTLEYCHESTER LE STREETDH3 2SP

Cancellation Accepted
Operating between WALBOTTLE CAMPUS and KENTON BAR given service number 142 effective from 29-Aug-2015.

PB1049268
/28 JIM HUGHES COACHES LTD T/A JH CoachesFELL BANKBIRTLEYCHESTER LE STREETDH3 2SP

Cancellation Accepted
Operating between WALBOTTLE CAMPUS and KENTON BAR given service number 142 effective from 29-Aug-2015.

PB1049268
/29 JIM HUGHES COACHES LTD T/A JH CoachesFELL BANKBIRTLEYCHESTER LE STREETDH3 2SP

Cancellation Accepted
Operating between KINGSTON PARK ROAD and SACRED HEART SCHOOL given service number 134 effective from 29-Aug-2015. 
Site Administrator
FYI Jimmi - if you click the little page button with a PHP logo on it when making your post - it'll put in a scrolley box around the registrations, so you're not taking up loads of space. Tongue
(06 Jul 2015, 5:00 pm)Dan wrote FYI Jimmi - if you click the little page button with a PHP logo on it when making your post - it'll put in a scrolley box around the registrations, so you're not taking up loads of space.
Right okay, wasn't sure how do to do that.

I actually posted these registrations on my mobile.
Site Administrator
(06 Jul 2015, 5:07 pm)Jimmi wrote Right okay, wasn't sure how do to do that.

I actually posted these registrations on my mobile.

Doubt there's an option on Tapatalk to be able to do it.

You can always try typing [php] before and [ / php] after the registrations (without the space between the bracket and forward slash).
PB1049268/33 - JIM HUGHES COACHES LTD T/A JH Coaches, FELL BANK, BIRTLEY, CHESTER LE STREET, DH3 2SP

Registration Accepted
Starting Point: Gold Medal Roundabout Hertford Stop
Finish Point: St Thomas More RC Comp School
Via:
Service Number: 844
Service Type: Normal Stopping
Effective Date: 30-AUG-2015
Other Details: Monday to Friday AM & PM jourenys only during school terms excluding bank holidays