Menu

Pages (146)    13 4 5146   
Dan   31 Aug 2013, 7:04 pm
(31 Aug 2013, 6:57 pm)gtomlinson wrote He's as creepy calling everyone darl and hun.

Still it comes to Go North East social media acting like a small provincial hick company with the power of a national brand

Half tempted to ask a question and when he answers it say, 'Thanks hun'.
See what he says...
Andreos1   31 Aug 2013, 7:23 pm
(31 Aug 2013, 7:04 pm)Daniel wrote Half tempted to ask a question and when he answers it say, 'Thanks hun'.
See what he says...

I'm still tempted to steal AdamY's idea and set up a fake Cliff Hignett profile on facebook, stalking the GNE page almost religiously
Dan   31 Aug 2013, 7:26 pm
(31 Aug 2013, 7:23 pm)Andreos1 wrote I'm still tempted to steal AdamY's idea and set up a fake Cliff Hignett profile on facebook, stalking the GNE page almost religiously

Please do it. When they complain, say it's a 'public forum'.
Oh my god, that would be brilliant.

I can ask my question too, and you can comment on that! :p
BJ10VUS   31 Aug 2013, 7:33 pm
(31 Aug 2013, 6:57 pm)gtomlinson wrote He's as creepy calling everyone darl and hun.

I'd understand if it was a Geordie term like "pet" or "flower", but the creepy thing is that he only ever says "babe" and "hun" to young women - most of which don't appreciate what the "absolute creature" has to say Tongue
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Andreos1   31 Aug 2013, 7:41 pm
(31 Aug 2013, 7:26 pm)Daniel wrote Please do it. When they complain, say it's a 'public forum'.
Oh my god, that would be brilliant.

I can ask my question too, and you can comment on that! :p

Not sure I would do the role justice - but seeing as the idea is out there now, if anyone else fancies doing it?
Mind the profile 'Leyland Olympian' gives as good as he gets. I quite look forward to seeing him put those two to the sword
Adrian   31 Aug 2013, 7:43 pm

Still it comes to Go North East social media acting like a small provincial hick company with the power of a national brand

A lad who calls anyone 'hun' has serious problems. So wrong.

(31 Aug 2013, 7:04 pm)Daniel wrote Half tempted to ask a question and when he answers it say, 'Thanks hun'.
See what he says...

Do it. I'll make an exception in this case. Tongue

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
gtom   31 Aug 2013, 8:10 pm
Cliff Hignett profile picture should look like Tony Clifton.

(Look him up kids)
BJ10VUS   31 Aug 2013, 8:12 pm
(31 Aug 2013, 8:10 pm)gtomlinson wrote Cliff Hignett profile picture should look like Tony Clifton.

(Look him up kids)

Think we might have to wait a little bit. At current, there's only one person with that name and he's from Australia. Do you have a URL link?
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
gtom   31 Aug 2013, 8:27 pm
(31 Aug 2013, 8:12 pm)BJ10VUS wrote Think we might have to wait a little bit. At current, there's only one person with that name and he's from Australia. Do you have a URL link?

On mob so afraid not
Andreos1   31 Aug 2013, 8:29 pm
(31 Aug 2013, 8:12 pm)BJ10VUS wrote Think we might have to wait a little bit. At current, there's only one person with that name and he's from Australia. Do you have a URL link?

3.bp.blogspot.com/_3KIJt17keOY/SX-cISakEJI/AAAAAAAABZE/ZBarW2LmL14/s400/Tony+Clifton.jpg

Probs best copying/pasting into browser
MurdnunoC   01 Sep 2013, 9:24 am
(30 Aug 2013, 3:43 pm)Michael wrote George William Stewart is a new one starting...

with comments like -

what did people do before there was easy access fold em up
try coming out 4 a earlier bus ????

He's not new. I'm pretty sure that this guy is (or was) an Arriva driver based at Durham.

(31 Aug 2013, 7:23 pm)Andreos1 wrote I'm still tempted to steal AdamY's idea and set up a fake Cliff Hignett profile on facebook, stalking the GNE page almost religiously

Please do.

I was in two minds whether to do this. One on hand it would be incredibly amusing trolling these Z-list GNE celebrities but on the other wouldn't just make us as sad as them (and further exacerbate the problem GNE has with it's management of social media)?

But there again, on the second point, GNE's FB page is rather farcical anyways.

(31 Aug 2013, 8:10 pm)gtomlinson wrote Cliff Hignett profile picture should look like Tony Clifton.

Definitely. I actually know Cliff in real life and, on occasion, have let him post stuff here using my account. He told me one or two people asked him a few questions and he answered accordingly. I haven't looked at what he wrote (can't be bothered to search and look now), I hope he hasn't been misbehaving himself.
Andreos1   01 Sep 2013, 12:34 pm
Has anyone ever visited this website? They have a twitter account too.

www.sleepycommuters.co.uk/?m=1

Always good for a laugh, mind I always sleep with one eye open, just to be on the safe side.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Dan   01 Sep 2013, 12:42 pm
I do it all the time. If I ever want to sleep on public transport, I ensure I have the window seat and a hoodie to keep me hidden.

I try to be as discreet as possible when taking the photos. Could lead to a very awkward journey...
Attached Files
.png
Screenshot_2013-09-01-13-39-36.png (Size 544.46 KB Downloads 25)
gtom   01 Sep 2013, 3:07 pm
I see Ant Nightie is commenting a lot on Facebook.

Ant Nightie?

If this Countdown there'd be a conundrum
Andreos1   01 Sep 2013, 4:27 pm
(01 Sep 2013, 3:07 pm)gtomlinson wrote I see Ant Nightie is commenting a lot on Facebook.

Ant Nightie?

If this Countdown there'd be a conundrum

That has to be a mickey take profile - just looking at the words he has used
Malarkey   01 Sep 2013, 4:40 pm
I noticed it says on his profile he is Self=Employed, any guesses to what that entails.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
gtom   01 Sep 2013, 4:41 pm
Ant Nightie

= Ian Hignett anagram
Dan   01 Sep 2013, 4:46 pm
You are brilliant, hun. Keep up the good work.
Malarkey   01 Sep 2013, 4:46 pm
I reckon he's been watching too much Paul O'Grady, and all of a sudden had a brain wave and came up with a rather terrible/exactly same person under a different name alter ego character.
BJ10VUS   01 Sep 2013, 4:48 pm
(01 Sep 2013, 4:41 pm)gtomlinson wrote Ant Nightie

= Ian Hignett anagram

The photo's taken from a website. I've Google Image searched it, and the photo has a watermark if you look closely.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Dan   01 Sep 2013, 4:51 pm
Come on guys, it's clearly someone from NEB! Hignett hasn't lost the plot..yet. Big Grin
gtom   01 Sep 2013, 4:52 pm
(01 Sep 2013, 4:48 pm)BJ10VUS wrote The photo's taken from a website. I've Google Image searched it, and the photo has a watermark if you look closely.

I assumed it was someone on here!
Dan   01 Sep 2013, 4:57 pm
I don't feel the advice for the travel query on this thread was good enough. I have therefore made a post on Go North East's Facebook page under the persona of "Neb Dan". Ant, I need your assistance!
Andreos1   01 Sep 2013, 5:13 pm
(01 Sep 2013, 4:57 pm)Daniel wrote I don't feel the advice for the travel query on this thread was good enough. I have therefore made a post on Go North East's Facebook page under the persona of "Neb Dan". Ant, I need your assistance!

Neb Dan? Even with 6 letters, I can't get the conundrum!
Cliff Hignett solved the Fatfield to Fencehouses query didn't he?
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Dan   01 Sep 2013, 5:22 pm
(01 Sep 2013, 5:13 pm)Andreos1 wrote Neb Dan? Even with 6 letters, I can't get the conundrum!
Cliff Hignett solved the Fatfield to Fencehouses query didn't he?

I sense "Neb Dan" may not have understood Cliff Hignett's response. I'm afraid the complexity of his English was just too much.
I am hoping Andy Clifford will have a better response, or failing that, our new friend Ant.
BJ10VUS   01 Sep 2013, 5:22 pm
(01 Sep 2013, 5:13 pm)Andreos1 wrote Neb Dan? Even with 6 letters, I can't get the conundrum!

North East Buses Dan? Tongue

Oh dear, Ant's made a rather awkward spelling mistake.

"Thank you for your input Leyland, I see your point and I'm glad to see you do not need to resort to insults unlike Bobby Jo. I am sorry for offering help and advice, I will refrain from offering it to you in future Booby Jo."
Andreos1   01 Sep 2013, 5:28 pm
(01 Sep 2013, 5:22 pm)BJ10VUS wrote North East Buses Dan? Tongue

Oh dear, Ant's made a rather awkward spelling mistake.

"Thank you for your input Leyland, I see your point and I'm glad to see you do not need to resort to insults unlike Bobby Jo. I am sorry for offering help and advice, I will refrain from offering it to you in future Booby Jo."

Yes, she is quite buxom! Can see how poor Ant got distracted.

I'm in hysterics reading these!

Ah, yeh, NEB Dan!
gtom   01 Sep 2013, 5:31 pm
Are those real?

I can't refer to what I'm talking about Angel Big GrinBig Grin

Have you seen where Ant works?
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Adrian   01 Sep 2013, 5:31 pm
(01 Sep 2013, 5:28 pm)Andreos1 wrote Yes, she is quite buxom! Can see how poor Ant got distracted.

I'm in hysterics reading these!

Ah, yeh, NEB Dan!

You can say that again. Tongue

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
gtom   01 Sep 2013, 5:32 pm
Someone else post! I want to feed it more!

Loving that Andy Clifford is 'liking' Ant's posts
Pages (146)    13 4 5146