Menu

Pages (102)    176 77 78102   
Michael   23 Jun 2015, 5:34 pm
(23 Jun 2015, 5:32 pm)Malarkey wrote Stealing a trick out of my book right there mind.

Its not like it wants to co-operate, that's normal though!

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Tom   23 Jun 2015, 5:39 pm
(23 Jun 2015, 5:31 pm)Michael wrote I have no idea of the area so just using google maps but could they not merge the 40/41/80 as one long route?

No it wouldn't work sadly. The 40 is every 15 minutes, and the 40/41 operate a circular route every 30 minutes.
Michael   23 Jun 2015, 5:40 pm
(23 Jun 2015, 5:39 pm)Tom wrote No it wouldn't work sadly. The 40 is every 15 minutes, and the 40/41 operate a circular route every 30 minutes.

Ah oh well, i'll stick to idea's for Sunderland Tongue

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Tom   23 Jun 2015, 5:41 pm
(23 Jun 2015, 5:40 pm)Michael wrote Ah oh well, i'll stick to idea's for Sunderland Tongue

Haha, was a good idea though Smile
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Michael   23 Jun 2015, 5:42 pm
(23 Jun 2015, 5:41 pm)Tom wrote Haha, was a good idea though Smile

I was looking through the old GNE timetables on here and spotted the old 9 used to go to Wallsend so why it not send it back Wink

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
R852 PRG   23 Jun 2015, 10:22 pm
Not so much a service suggestion, but more of an upgrade. As the ''Angel'' 21 service is what I would consider Go North East's flagship route; I feel it ought to be upgraded with plug sockets, and USB ports, to tie it in with the other flagship services that have some of the above, such as ''Fab56''. Although it would be costly, I imagine it would pretty much pay for itself.
DanPicken   24 Jun 2015, 6:35 am
X21 Sundays every 30 mins to Durham every 60 to Bishop Auckland.
Malarkey   24 Jun 2015, 12:04 pm
(24 Jun 2015, 6:35 am)danpick wrote X21 Sundays every 30 mins to Durham every 60 to Bishop Auckland.

Why when the 21 runs Every 30 Minutes from Newcastle to Durham, and then continues on to Bishop Auckland Every 1 Hour.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
DanPicken   24 Jun 2015, 3:28 pm
(24 Jun 2015, 12:04 pm)Malarkey wrote Why when the 21 runs Every 30 Minutes from Newcastle to Durham, and then continues on to Bishop Auckland Every 1 Hour.

The X21 with the 21 would provide an every 15 minutes bus into Durham and the Bishop Auckland X21 with the 21 making 2 buses and hour to Bishop Auckland one xpress one non-xpress.
cbma06   24 Jun 2015, 3:43 pm
(24 Jun 2015, 3:28 pm)danpick wrote The X21 with the 21 would provide an every 15 minutes bus into Durham and the Bishop Auckland X21 with the 21 making 2 buses and hour to Bishop Auckland one xpress one non-xpress.

I cant see that corridor warrants a 15 minute service. no need for a service X21 as its not busy on a sunday, and having a service 21 is better as it would stop at each stop to pick up potential passengers with out it being an express service, Monday to Saturday daytime express is more for getting passengers from one destination to another destination alot quicker.

Having the 21 on a sunday and not a X21 means the company are picking up passengers along the route and not leaving the passenger to use another bus company.

stueybish   25 Jun 2015, 7:49 pm
(24 Jun 2015, 3:43 pm)cbma06 wrote I cant see that corridor warrants a 15 minute service. no need for a service X21 as its not busy on a sunday, and having a service 21 is better as it would stop at each stop to pick up potential passengers with out it being an express service, Monday to Saturday daytime express is more for getting passengers from one destination to another destination alot quicker.

Having the 21 on a sunday and not a X21 means the company are picking up passengers along the route and not leaving the passenger to use another bus company.

I think there is a market for an hourly X21 Bishop to Newcastle on a Sunday, though perhaps with a couple of extra stops within Birtley and Low Fell to take the burden off the 21 a bit. 

Just browsing through the other posts regarding services to the Wear Valley. You can forget about running up to Stanhope, when I worked for Arriva I drove the 46A from Durham to Stanhope and the passenger numbers through the day weren't great and it was mainly ENCTS passengers. However, I am in favour of a 15 minute express frequency between Newcastle and Durham, two carrying onto Bishop Auckland as now and the other two carrying onto Crook, possibly even Tow Law. And in my humble, biased opinion, there is only one brand to use.....OK Expressway!
Malarkey   25 Jun 2015, 9:02 pm
After a look at Old Timetables/Maps and some Discussion in the Bygone Era Thread, I have came up with some Suggestions.

[attachment=6871]
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
cbma06   26 Jun 2015, 12:17 pm
(25 Jun 2015, 9:02 pm)Malarkey wrote After a look at Old Timetables/Maps and some Discussion in the Bygone Era Thread, I have came up with some Suggestions.

I remember an X83 bus service, it was awhile ago, used to be Park Lane-Durham Road-Houghton church-Washington galleries-Metro Centre, seasonal summer service, only ran on a Saturday, didn't last long like.

cbma06   26 Jun 2015, 12:21 pm
(25 Jun 2015, 9:02 pm)Malarkey wrote After a look at Old Timetables/Maps and some Discussion in the Bygone Era Thread, I have came up with some Suggestions.

Malarkey suggestion for Washington:

Suggestions to Rebuild the Bus Network in Washington, Re-Introducing Old Long Lost Links and Creating New Ones for a Better Future
Giving Passengers a Variety of Choice over a Limited Quantity

X1 – Newcastle – Gateshead – Q.E. Hospital – Wrekenton – Springwell – Washington Galleries – Shiney Row – Newbottle – Houghton le Spring – Hetton le Hole – Easington Lane – Every 20 Minutes

X2 – Newcastle – Gateshead – Q.E. Hospital – Wrekenton – Eighton Banks – Washington Galleries  - Shiney Row – Bournmoor – Houghton le Spring – Hetton le Hole – Murton – Dalton Park – Seaham – Seaham Harbour – Every 30 Minutes

X3 – Newcastle – Gateshead – Q.E. Hospital – Wrekenton – Springwell – Washington Galleries – Shiney Row – Newbottle – Houghton le Spring – Hetton le Hole – Easington Lane – South Hetton – Easington Village – Peterlee – Blackhall – Hartlepool - Hourly

X4 – Newcastle – Gateshead – Q.E. Hospital – Wrekenton – Springwell – Washington Galleries – Waterview Park – Doxford International – Peterlee – Blackhall – Hartlepool - Hourly

81 - Sunderland Park Lane Interchange – Enterprise Park – Southwick – Castletown - Waterview Park – Teal Farm – Biddick – Washington Galleries – Sainsburys Car Park - Blackfell Knoulberry – Concord – Coach Road Estate – Donwell – Springwell – Eighton Banks – Wrekenton – Birtley Northside – Birtley – Hourly

82 – Newcastle – Gateshead – Low Fell – Angel of the North - Birtley  – Portmeads – Barley Mow – Ayton – Lambton – Washington Galleries – Biddick – Barmston – Concord – Sulgrave – Waterview Park – Sunderland Enterprise Park – Southwick – Stadium of Light – Fawcett/John Street - Park Lane Interchange – Every 30 Minutes

X83 – Newcastle – Gateshead – Low Fell – Angel of the North – A1 – Washington Galleries – Castletown – Hyton Castle - Southwick – Stadium of Light – Fawcett/John Street – Park Lane Interchange – Every 30 Minutes

83 – Newcastle – Gateshead – Low Fell – Angel of the North – Birtley  – Portmeads – Barley Mow – Rickleton – Harraton – Washington Galleries – Glebe – Washington Village - Barmston – Castletown – Hylton Castle - Southwick – Stadium of Light – Fawcett/John Street – Park Lane Interchange – Every 30 Minutes

84 – Heworth – Leam Lane Estate – Usworth College – Donwell – Concord – Sulgrave – Peel Retail Park – Barmston - Glebe – Washington Galleries – Biddick Woods – Shiney Row – Herrington Burn – East Herrington – Doxford International – Doxford Park Shops - Hourly

85 – Rainton Bridge Npower – Bournmoor – Shiney Row – Fatfield – Teal Farm – Waterview Park - Barmston – JFK Primary School - Brady Square – Biddick – Sainsburys Car Park - Washington Galleries – Oxclose – Blackfell – Concord – Every 30 Minutes

86 – Hall Lane Estate - Houghton le Spring – Burnside Estate – Newbottle – Success – Shiney Row – Barnwell – Fatfield – Barmston Court – Washington Village – Glebe – Sainsburys Car Park – Washington Galleries – Oxclose – Blackfell – B&Q – Concord – Every 30 Minutes

87 – Chester le Street – Pelton Fell – Pelton – Ouston – Birtley – Birtley Northside – Wrekenton – Eighton Banks – Springwell – Donwell – Blackfell Knoulberry – Sainsburys Car Park – Washington Galleries - Hourly

R852 PRG   26 Jun 2015, 7:53 pm
I find it funny that, even on Google Streetview in October 2012; there is still a massive queue for the ''Red Arrows'' X1 at the Galleries. Tongue https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@54.899716...312!8i6656
Dan   26 Jun 2015, 8:35 pm
(26 Jun 2015, 7:53 pm)R852 PRG wrote I find it funny that, even on Google Streetview in October 2012; there is still a massive queue for the ''Red Arrows'' X1 at the Galleries. [emoji14] https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@54.899716...312!8i6656

Or possibly the M1!

Can't believe how that queue operates though. Minutes after a bus leaves, the queue starts to fill again, and it always seems to get to the bottom of the escalators within 10 minutes...
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
idiot   28 Jun 2015, 11:41 pm
And how long would your #83 take lol... Mind I like sound of #X83!
Malarkey   29 Jun 2015, 11:36 am
(28 Jun 2015, 11:41 pm)idiot wrote And how long would your #83 take lol... Mind I like sound of #X83!

Approximately 80 Minutes, The X83 would take around an Hour.
Malarkey   02 Jul 2015, 2:29 pm
A few ideas for Sunderland.

35/35A - Low Moorsley - Hetton le Hole - Hetton Downs - Houghton le Spring - Newbottle - East Herrington - Silksworth - Barnes Park - Park Lane Interchange - Monkwearmouth - Carley Hill - Witherwack - Hylton Red House - Boldon Asda - Heworth(35) - Gateshead(35)- Newcastle(35) - Merged with Service X36 between Sunderland and Newcastle

61/62 - Town End Farm - Castletown - Southwick - Stadium of Light - Park Lane Interchange - Grangetown - Ryhope - New Seaham - Dalton Park - Murton - Hetton le Hole(61)
Service 61 is Extended to Town End Farm in place of Service 35/36, and is also extended from Murton to Hetton le Hole, Creating improved Links to Dalton Park and Connections to Services to Hartlepool, Peterlee, Washington Galleries and Newcastle at Hetton le Hole, Operating at Current Frequency of Every 15 Minutes.

77 - Consett - Leadgate - Dipton - Annfield Plain - Stanley - Beamish - Grange Villa - Pelton Fell - Chester le Street - Great Lumley - Fence Houses - Houghton le Spring - Newbottle - East Herrington - Durham Road - Royal Hospital - Park Lane Interchange
Replaces Service 36 between Sunderland & Chester le Street & is extended to Stanley, where it is merged with the V8 to Consett creating New Links under the Coast & Country Brand Operating Every 30 Minutes.
cbma06   07 Jul 2015, 6:03 pm
continued from Arriva thread.

for service X35 I would brand the silver ciatrios to an express brand of what the solos going to be for Peterlee, debrand service X36 to X56 to Newcastle, so it will be an express version of service 56 between Sunderland and Newcastle (yes I know that it wont serve Washington).

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
L469 YVK   12 Jul 2015, 11:21 am
- X92 serving: Blyth - Newsham - A192 - Northumbria Emergency Care Hospital - High Pit - Annitsford then fast to Newcastle. Would operate hourly Monday to Saturday daytime.

- X91 serving: Blyth - Newsham - Cowpen - Bebside - Shankhouse - Northburn - Cramlington Manor Walks - High Pit - Fordley By Pass - Dudley Weetslade Road then fast to Newcastle. Would operate hourly Monday to Saturday daytime.
Malarkey   14 Jul 2015, 8:15 pm
Having a bit of think, would it be worth putting the 50 under the Prince Bishops Brand to further promote the Links between Durham & South Shields, after all the 50 provides a faster service than the 20/20A/X20 combined between the two termination points albeit via a different route.

Furthermore I think the 50 should follow the Arriva 64 around Durham City Centre rather than serving the Bus Station, surely its losing out on potential passengers between Durham & Arnison Centre to the 64.
Dan   14 Jul 2015, 8:20 pm
Using the same logic - would it be worth putting the Diamond services under the Angel brand, given that both services operate between Durham and Newcastle despite having a completely different route in the middle?

Sorry, but I don't think that would be a very good idea, Malarkey.
Jimmi   14 Jul 2015, 8:21 pm
(14 Jul 2015, 8:15 pm)Malarkey wrote Having a bit of think, would it be worth putting the 50 under the Prince Bishops Brand to further promote the Links between Durham & South Shields, after all the 50 provides a faster service than the 20/20A/X20 combined between the two termination points albeit via a different route.

Furthermore I think the 50 should follow the Arriva 64 around Durham City Centre rather than serving the Bus Station, surely its losing out on potential passengers between Durham & Arnison Centre to the 64.

Only thing with having the 50 stop at North Road rather than Durham Bus Station is it would leave from a different place to the other Chester-le-Street services so that may lose passengers but at the same time it may pick up more passengers heading to Arnison Centre and the Newton Hall area, not sure how many will get on the 14 to the Arnison Centre rather than the 64 but I am not sure if it would be worth moving the 50 onto North Road.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
R852 PRG   14 Jul 2015, 8:39 pm
(14 Jul 2015, 8:15 pm)Malarkey wrote Having a bit of think, would it be worth putting the 50 under the Prince Bishops Brand to further promote the Links between Durham & South Shields, after all the 50 provides a faster service than the 20/20A/X20 combined between the two termination points albeit via a different route.

I agree with Dan's point, with regards to your first suggestion.

As for your second idea, the 50 is already quite a long route, and by adding to the route a section which already has an established bus service running at a frequency of every 10 minutes, I don't think it would work.

Also, it's ''the Arnison Centre''.
S813 FVK   14 Jul 2015, 8:42 pm
(14 Jul 2015, 8:39 pm)R852 PRG wrote I agree with Dan's point, with regards to your first suggestion.

As for your second idea, the 50 is already quite a long route, and by adding to the route a section which already has an established bus service running at a frequency of every 10 minutes, I don't think it would work.

Also, it's ''the Arnison Centre''.

But it is displayed as just Arnison Centre on the 64 destinations as well as the Whey Aye Five 0 timetable Tongue
Adrian   14 Jul 2015, 8:43 pm
We discussed loadings of the 50 only yesterday. Given that they're based on a half hour frequency, I can't see it changing anytime soon.

I think terminating such a long route on North Road would also create logistical issues, as there's no toilet facilities, without leaving the bus unattended. It's different for Arriva, as the stop is outside their staff facilities.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
R852 PRG   14 Jul 2015, 8:43 pm
(14 Jul 2015, 8:42 pm)S813 FVK wrote But it is displayed as just Arnison Centre on the 64 destinations as well as the Whey Aye Five 0 timetable Tongue

Same case with the MetroCentre, but we still call it ''the MetroCentre''. Tongue
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
S813 FVK   14 Jul 2015, 8:44 pm
(14 Jul 2015, 8:43 pm)R852 PRG wrote Same case with the MetroCentre, but we still call it ''the MetroCentre''. Tongue

That place name is something which absolutely winds me up - I have seen road signs with 'Metro Centre' on them. ITS ALL ONE WORD!
citaro5284   14 Jul 2015, 8:47 pm
(14 Jul 2015, 8:44 pm)S813 FVK wrote That place name is something which absolutely winds me up - I have seen road signs with 'Metro Centre' on them. ITS ALL ONE WORD!

We were asked years ago if we could change the destinations to MetroCentre, then when they rebranded it we were asked to change it back to Metrocentre.
Pages (102)    176 77 78102