Menu

Pages (44)    116 17 1844   
Kuyoyo   17 Jul 2015, 4:13 pm
(17 Jul 2015, 3:42 pm)aureolin wrote What does everyone think of the E400MMC then?

I had two journeys on it today. Durham to Newcastle, and then Newcastle to Chester le Street. I thought it was excellent, and it certainly doesn't rattle. Possibly the most comfortable bus seats I've ever used, and the leg room is absolutely spot on. Finally a bus designed for people that are over 5ft tall!

I'd love to see some of these ordered to that spec, and I reckon the tables upstairs would attract more commuters on the X21 route. Something similar would be ideal on the ANE X12 too, because I know a lot of students tend to work on laptops on the bus.

Given you saw me jumping on for my second ride, I can echo your verdict.

I did the opposite of most - initially trying it between Bishop Auckland and Chester-Le-Street given the hill heading up towards Middlestone Moor. It handled the hills faultlessly.

However, I disagree on the subject of the tables - having them either takes seats or legroom away as already mentioned in the review of Brighton's Streetdecks in last month's Buses. Plus, Arriva's X12 needs more capacity not less otherwise you'd end up having to increase it to every 20 minutes.
Adrian   17 Jul 2015, 4:15 pm
(17 Jul 2015, 4:05 pm)Dan wrote Suspect Nexus would have been the main body behind it..? It's been a while since the last re-hash of a bus station, hasn't it?

I saw the map last week and was less than impressed myself. I do agree with some of the stand re-allocations, but can't get my head around others.

On the up side, I would anticipate that this will allow for the artwork at each stand to be updated? QuayLink, Saltwell Park, etc.

I can't understand why they're literally going to have nowt on Stand D, yet others over-subscribed. Sticking say the 53 and the 64 on stand D would have prevented some problems we're bound to see on C and F. The 56 could have sharp been shifted to H too, to go along with the X36.

I note the Q1 Newcastle bound is on stand A. I'd have thought they'd have stuck it on stand N with the rest of the Newcastle bound buses. Seeing a it has been moved there though, it does beg the question of why the Quaylink lost stand D exclusivity...

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
S813 FVK   17 Jul 2015, 4:42 pm
8315 is the latest Versa to be branded: https://www.flickr.com/photos/nebp2/19155769493/
Greg in Weardale   17 Jul 2015, 4:56 pm
Thus any passengers waiting for 56 won't be able to easily use X36 on the rare occasions one appears, so yet another nail in it's coffin. Also the corner of the bus station will clog up when X1, 56, etc clash. Nexus seem only to consider route / destination when allocating stops rather than practicalities.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
ne1eng   17 Jul 2015, 5:28 pm
(17 Jul 2015, 5:33 am)citaro5284 wrote Mind, I hope when the new Quaylink starts, you all get on for a try, even if it is just to hear the next stop announcements done by the flashing blade.....bit of a taster below.

Hearing his voice for about 6 hours the other day was different thats for sure.....

All for the Quaylink changes but hope the rest don't sound like than that. 
Far too Geordie.
I'd much prefer a professional sounding announcement than a local accent. Who does the Cobalt Clipper ones? They sound much better than the CityLink and original (over enthusiastic) Quaylinks.
Smile
Dan   17 Jul 2015, 5:34 pm
(17 Jul 2015, 5:28 pm)ne1eng wrote All for the Quaylink changes but hope the rest don't sound like than that. 
Far too Geordie.
I'd much prefer a professional sounding announcement than a local accent. Who does the Cobalt Clipper ones? They sound much better than the CityLink and original (over enthusiastic) Quaylinks.
Smile

I think Stuart Elmore does the Cobalt Clipper and Fab56? Certainly does the Coast & Country.

Although I prefer the announcements on the Cobalt Clipper (for the reasons you state - local accent but sound professional), I think the only announcements which are difficult to understand on the new Quaylink are those that he reads quite quickly.
Adrian   17 Jul 2015, 6:01 pm
I've not heard the Red Kite announcements yet, but I like Stuart Elmore on the Coast & Country. For me, it's a massive improvement alone, just removing all the chatter from the announcements. I can't get away with the Red Arrows ones trying to teach passengers how to suck eggs!

I don't think Alan Robson is too Geordie at all. I'd say Jimmy Nail or Gazza would be too Geordie though. Although the accent is there with Alan, it's certainly never stopped him on the Radio. How long has Night Owls been going now?? Oh and I'm pretty certain he used to announce at St James Park too. Smile

Out of interest, can many remember the Geordie 'Stand clear of the doors please' announcement on the Metro?

citaro5284   17 Jul 2015, 6:29 pm
I think Alan Robson is a good choice for Quaylink. I was playing them this afternoon in the office and Dan said he could not understand a couple, yet I had no problem with them. Maybe as I was looking at the powerpoint slide at the time I knew what it was, but I have listened to Nightowls on and off for a number of years and never had an issue understanding him.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
citaro5284   17 Jul 2015, 7:12 pm
(17 Jul 2015, 6:01 pm)aureolin wrote I've not heard the Red Kite announcements yet, but I like Stuart Elmore on the Coast & Country. For me, it's a massive improvement alone, just removing all the chatter from the announcements. I can't get away with the Red Arrows ones trying to teach passengers how to suck eggs!

I don't think Alan Robson is too Geordie at all. I'd say Jimmy Nail or Gazza would be too Geordie though. Although the accent is there with Alan, it's certainly never stopped him on the Radio. How long has Night Owls been going now?? Oh and I'm pretty certain he used to announce at St James Park too. Smile

Out of interest, can many remember the Geordie 'Stand clear of the doors please' announcement on the Metro?

I have to admit, I do like Brian Moore on the Red Kites.
Adrian   17 Jul 2015, 7:31 pm
(17 Jul 2015, 4:13 pm)Kuyoyo wrote Given you saw me jumping on for my second ride, I can echo your verdict.

I did the opposite of most - initially trying it between Bishop Auckland and Chester-Le-Street given the hill heading up towards Middlestone Moor. It handled the hills faultlessly.

However, I disagree on the subject of the tables - having them either takes seats or legroom away as already mentioned in the review of Brighton's Streetdecks in last month's Buses. Plus, Arriva's X12 needs more capacity not less otherwise you'd end up having to increase it to every 20 minutes.

Hope I didn't get in the way of your shot! Was in a mad rush to capture 9109 on video. Smile

Out of interest, do you know how many seats are lost with the inclusion of tables? I was trying to find the layouts, but the Alexander Dennis specification PDF only lists non-table layouts. I'm assuming the seating layout in 9109 is London standard in terms of leg room too?

G-CPTN   17 Jul 2015, 7:37 pm
(17 Jul 2015, 7:31 pm)aureolin wrote Out of interest, do you know how many seats are lost with the inclusion of tables? I was trying to find the layouts, but the Alexander Dennis specification PDF only lists non-table layouts. I'm assuming the seating layout in 9109 is London standard in terms of leg room too?

The number of seated pax should be stated somewhere inside (usually above the windscreen) - but that doesn't tell you how many there would be without the tables - can you work that out from the layouts?
Dan   17 Jul 2015, 7:54 pm
Hoping to get a proper ride of both demonstrators from terminus to terminus tomorrow.

Can pdiddy divulge which running board it / they will be allocated to tomorrow in advance, I wonder? [emoji14]
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
pdiddy   17 Jul 2015, 8:30 pm
I shall let you all know in the morning what times / boards the demo buses are on. However the Streetdecker won't be out in service till after 10am when all the drivers have been familerised
Malarkey   17 Jul 2015, 8:32 pm
(17 Jul 2015, 7:31 pm)aureolin wrote Hope I didn't get in the way of your shot! Was in a mad rush to capture 9109 on video. Smile

Out of interest, do you know how many seats are lost with the inclusion of tables? I was trying to find the layouts, but the Alexander Dennis specification PDF only lists non-table layouts. I'm assuming the seating layout in 9109 is London standard in terms of leg room too?

There was 4 Tables upstairs on board 9109, so I would think 8 Seats are lost in total.
Adrian   17 Jul 2015, 8:41 pm
(17 Jul 2015, 8:32 pm)Malarkey wrote There was 4 Tables upstairs on board 9109, so I would think 8 Seats are lost in total.

But how? The table probably covers the combined leg room of the 4 seats it serves, if both sets of two were facing forward?

Malarkey   17 Jul 2015, 8:50 pm
(17 Jul 2015, 8:41 pm)aureolin wrote But how? The table probably covers the combined leg room of the 4 seats it serves, if both sets of two were facing forward?

Actually looking at Dans Interior shot I would go with 4 actually due to size of those chairs, if was to the specification that Go North East currently have on there Vehicles in Fleet then I would say it was more.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/danielgrah...ateposted/
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
citaro5284   18 Jul 2015, 5:51 am
Guys....after a bit of help.

Whilst you are out on your travels and you are a bus fitted with Next Stop and there is no voice announcements yet the screen is showing the correct info, can you send me a PM advising me of the fleet number please.
pdiddy   18 Jul 2015, 6:33 am
For anybody who is interested. ...

The Enviro400MMC is on the 09:05 X21 from Newcastle then 10:34 from Bishop etc.

The StreetDecker will start on the 11:04 X21 from Bishop at 11:04 then 12:35 from Newcastle etc...
S813 FVK   18 Jul 2015, 7:00 am
Will the Streetdeck (9119) be operating the 17:47 #X46 out of Durham tonight then? Trying to work out the times and have got to that stage and wanted to double check i'm doing it right.
Dan   18 Jul 2015, 7:07 am
(18 Jul 2015, 6:33 am)pdiddy wrote For anybody who is interested. ...

The Enviro400MMC is on the 09:05 X21 from Newcastle then 10:34 from Bishop etc.

The StreetDecker will start on the 11:04 X21 from Bishop at 11:04 then 12:35 from Newcastle etc...

(18 Jul 2015, 7:00 am)S813 FVK wrote Will the Streetdeck (9119) be operating the 17:47 #X46 out of Durham tonight then? Trying to work out the times and have got to that stage and wanted to double check i'm doing it right.

Thanks, pdiddy.

Full running board details (assuming no changeovers take place) below:

ADL Enviro400 MMC (9109):
Bishop Auckland - 0736
Newcastle - 0905
Bishop Auckland - 1034
Newcastle - 1205
Bishop Auckland - 1334
Newcastle - 1505
Bishop Auckland - 1634
Newcastle - 1810

Wright StreetDeck (9119):
Bishop Auckland - 1104
Newcastle - 1235
Bishop Auckland - 1404
Newcastle - 1535
Bishop Auckland - 1706 (terminating at Durham)
Durham - 1747 (X46 to Crook).
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
S813 FVK   18 Jul 2015, 7:19 am
(18 Jul 2015, 7:07 am)Dan wrote Thanks, pdiddy.

Full running board details (assuming no changeovers take place) below:

ADL Enviro400 MMC (9109):
Bishop Auckland - 0736
Newcastle - 0905
Bishop Auckland - 1034
Newcastle - 1205
Bishop Auckland - 1334
Newcastle - 1505
Bishop Auckland - 1634
Newcastle - 1810

Wright StreetDeck (9119):
Bishop Auckland - 1104
Newcastle - 1235
Bishop Auckland - 1404
Newcastle - 1535
Bishop Auckland - 1706 (terminating at Durham)
Durham - 1747 (X46 to Crook).

I ended up being an hour behind on the E400MMC board lol. Got the Streetdeck one straight first time. I'm getting better!
Dan   18 Jul 2015, 7:23 am
(18 Jul 2015, 7:19 am)S813 FVK wrote I ended up being an hour behind on the E400MMC board lol. Got the Streetdeck one straight first time. I'm getting better!

The ones running off onto X46s are more confusing too! The X21 only boards are pretty easy to work out as you just add three hours every time at each terminus. [emoji14]
S813 FVK   18 Jul 2015, 7:27 am
(18 Jul 2015, 7:23 am)Dan wrote The ones running off onto X46s are more confusing too! The X21 only boards are pretty easy to work out as you just add three hours every time at each terminus. [emoji14]

I'll bare that in mind for the next time then  Smile 

The 'C' code did confuse me a bit at first (initially thought it was a through journey operated by an Angel B5) but when i realised that 'D' was for the through journeys and 'C' is for connecting i assumed that the 17:06 X21 must be operated by Crook and therefore operate the X46. Got there in the end though, thats the important thing Smile
Michael   18 Jul 2015, 9:29 am
Got a free return ticket through the door for Prince Bishops today =D

The leaflet shows my nearest bus stop on a map and how long it takes from key points on the route from my closest stop... so like to Shields it takes 51 mins and to Durham it takes 54 mins.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Jimmi   18 Jul 2015, 11:32 am
If you are waiting for the Streetdeck on the X21 to arrive in Newcastle or come back from Newcastle it's stuck in a jam on the slip road coming off the A167, been stuck around 5 minutes now and we haven't moved.

[Image: f8e33429b98b9bcb14b7b59f5fb29961.jpg]

Wish I jumped off in Gateshead.
citaro5284   18 Jul 2015, 11:34 am
Think the Pride march was around 12 from the Civic Centre, so guessing that is the reason.
Jimmi   18 Jul 2015, 11:37 am
(18 Jul 2015, 11:34 am)citaro5284 wrote Think the Pride march was around 12 from the Civic Centre, so guessing that is the reason.
We've gone down the A167 and come in Newcastle along the way the Sapphire X21/X22 comes in but we are stuck coming in this way too.
[Image: c0cbdf1e54186a37b5fb3d56c16350ac.jpg]
S813 FVK   18 Jul 2015, 11:40 am
The Pride march will be causing blockages from all entrances to the city...Just got to put up with it i suppose.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Jimmi   18 Jul 2015, 11:50 am
Roads are starting to be reopened in Newcastle.
S813 FVK   18 Jul 2015, 12:49 pm
Apparently it has been confirmed that the X21 will be rebranded 'Angel' when they get new buses...
The crap some enthusiasts can come out with is absolutely ridiculous.
Pages (44)    116 17 1844