You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - July 2015

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - July 2015

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - July 2015
(24 Jul 2015, 10:38 am)S813 FVK wrote Fat chance of that happening...
If it was a different colour and had another word along with Angel to make it something like "Angel Xpress" "Angel Swift" or "Flying Angel" perhaps but just "Angel" I can't see that happening, imagine the number of people flagging down an Angel bus on the X21 complaining that it had driven past them because they think it's the 21.
Site Administrator
Metroradio branded Volvo B7TL/Wright Eclipse Gemini 3942 has arrived at Saltmeadows for repaint.
(24 Jul 2015, 11:00 am)Dan wrote Metroradio branded Volvo B7TL/Wright Eclipse Gemini 3942 has arrived at Saltmeadows for repaint.

Knew it was only a matter of time before that happened. Just into the corporate livery?
Branding Future

From April 2017 There will be One brand only in Tyne & Wear and services from County Durham / Northumberland servicing Tyne & Wear from a
suggested Choice of 3 brand liveries:

Which do you prefer?

http://www.nexus.org.uk/sites/default/fi...ples_0.pdf

Option C looks the best of the bunch, but I guess if cost is a factor, the simpler Option A, is more likely.

List of services which will be included: (Note the number of GNE branded routes which will come under the Nexus/(NECA ?) branding)

http://www.nexus.org.uk/sites/default/fi...uded_0.pdf
(24 Jul 2015, 11:31 am)Venturego wrote Branding Future

From April 2017 There might be One brand only in Tyne & Wear and services from County Durham / Northumberland servicing Tyne & Wear from a

Which do you prefer?

Option C looks the best of the bunch, but I guess if cost is a factor, the simpler Option A, is more likely.

From April 2017 There will be One brand only in Tyne & Wear and services from County Durham / Northumberland servicing Tyne & Wear from a

Which do you prefer?

Bit confident aren't they?, the branding was already discussed in the Quilty Contract thread but instead of you going through it here are my favorites........

Option B for the decker's 
Option C for the Single
Option C for the Solo's
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Which do you prefer?

List of services which will be included: (Note the number of GNE branded routes which will come under the Nexus/(NECA ?) branding)

I like C looks better then the rest
JMoss
(24 Jul 2015, 11:42 am)Venturego wrote List of routes which will have to adopt the Nexus/ (NECA?) branded liveries - Note the number of GNE branded routes which will dissapear

http://www.nexus.org.uk/sites/default/fi...uded_0.pdf

(Edit to my previous post)

Really they should update the list as half of those services have changed like 3 times since November 2012 haha
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(24 Jul 2015, 11:47 am)GMitchelhill wrote None. See post on facebook for an idea why.

Which group/page on facebook?, they're are many Bus groups.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Its actually on my personal facebook. Basically the variety of liveries are the only thing keep my interest in the hobby alive since most bus these days are plasticy. Saw a video from onboard the Streetdeck and basically the washing machine in my house sounds more powerful than it.
Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/
Who needs heroes anyway? Villians have more fun.
(24 Jul 2015, 11:55 am)GMitchelhill wrote Its actually on my personal facebook. Basically the variety of liveries are the only thing keep my interest in the hobby alive since most bus these days are plasticy. Saw a video from onboard the Streetdeck and basically the washing machine in my house sounds more powerful than it.

Ah right, i agree, buses these days aren't as good as buses off the 90's etc
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Why must all routes going into Tyne and Wear from Northumberland and County Durham be in the Nexus livery, when it looks like they are excluded from the 'lots'?
(24 Jul 2015, 12:19 pm)mb134 wrote Why must all routes going into Tyne and Wear from Northumberland and County Durham be in the Nexus livery, when it looks like they are excluded from the 'lots'?

Why do any buses need to be in the Nexus livery? 

All of them look dull, Nexus need to get rid of red and black altogether.
(24 Jul 2015, 1:09 pm)GX03 SVC wrote Why do any buses need to be in the Nexus livery? 

All of them look dull, Nexus need to get rid of red and black altogether.

Because all routes in and out of Tyne & Wear with only a few exceptions are being taken over by the Tyne & Wear Passenger Transport Executive, trading as "Nexus"  under a Quality Contract Scheme, if approved with a start up date pencilled in as April 2017.
Posted here as all GNE branding on affected routes (just about all branded services) will be no more.
One single brand for all public transport, linking to Metro, Ferry & Rail with multi user ticketing will be easier to understand, especially for tourists, visitors and new/occasional users.
Similar to (but not same as)  London, Berlin, Paris, Geneva etc...
(24 Jul 2015, 1:48 pm)Venturego wrote Because all routes in and out of Tyne & Wear with only a few exceptions are being taken over by the Tyne & Wear Passenger Transport Executive, trading as "Nexus"  under a Quality Contract Scheme, if approved with a start up date pencilled in as April 2017.
Posted here as all GNE branding on affected routes (just about all branded services) will be no more.
One single brand for all public transport, linking to Metro, Ferry & Rail with multi user ticketing will be easier to understand, especially for tourists, visitors and new/occasional users.

There's a whole thread about it here: http://northeastbuses.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=7 (starts at page 1)
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(22 Jul 2015, 5:23 pm)Dan wrote Recently repainted Riverside-based Optare Versa V1110/Optare 8333 (NK11 HJV) has now received "Quaylink" branding - the purple variation for services Q1/Q2.
[Image: 19940778396_121934eda0.jpg]Go North East 8333 NK11HJV (7) by NorthEast England Bus Photos, on Flickr

(23 Jul 2015, 1:04 pm)danpick wrote There's now 7 indigo Solo SR's at Saltmeadows 8328 is now in red saw as every shutter at Saltmeadows is up 8303 is parked in front of the 2 new Solos theres also a simplicity present.

[Image: 19967030805_00320c6ef5.jpg]Go North East 8328 NK11HBC by NorthEast England Bus Photos, on Flickr
Burning clutch smell on-board 5404. Doesn't help that it's been put round two roundabouts now, so fast that it's screeching.
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Site Administrator
Two further pink Solo SR arrivals today:
- 659 NK15 GFE 
- 663 NK15 GFU

Coach & Bus Week are also running a story on the importance of providing free Wi-Fi on buses. It includes a photo of one of Go North East's "Sunderland Connect" branded Optare Solo SRs - answers on a post card for the reason why, when they're talking about Wi-Fi on the new Streetlites (which apparently drives the Next Stop Announcements - news to me!)
.jpg 6084.jpg
(24 Jul 2015, 4:51 pm)Dan wrote Two further pink Solo SR arrivals today:
- 659 NK15 GFE 
- 663 NK15 GFU

Coach & Bus Week are also running a story on the importance of providing free Wi-Fi on buses. It includes a photo of one of Go North East's "Sunderland Connect" branded Optare Solo SRs - answers on a post card for the reason why, when they're talking about Wi-Fi on the new Streetlites (which apparently drives the Next Stop Announcements - news to me!)

I know a few of my friends have started travelling more on the ''Coast & Country'' because of all of it's features.
- 659 NK15 GFE 
- 663 NK15 GFU

Is it me or is that photo completely irrelevant from the subject...  Undecided
- 659 NK15 GFE 
- 663 NK15 GFU

Not bad, not even a week and 9/14 Solo Sr's are here...

When will we see this years orders Dan or Citaro (2015-2016) Tongue Angel Angel
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(24 Jul 2015, 4:55 pm)GX03 SVC wrote Is it me or is that photo completely irrelevant from the subject...  Undecided

Obviously not just you. Dan made the exact same point in his post:

(24 Jul 2015, 5:01 pm)stagecoachbusdepot wrote Are GNE running the airshow P&R this year as normal?  If so any idea what's being used today/planned for the weekend?

They are, it should be a mixture of double decker's.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Site Administrator
(24 Jul 2015, 5:01 pm)stagecoachbusdepot wrote Are GNE running the airshow P&R this year as normal?  If so any idea what's being used today/planned for the weekend?

A large number of double-deck vehicles from Riverside, Chester-le-Street, Stanley and Percy Main are on loan to Deptford at present and should return on Sunday night after the Airshow is finished.

In the past I think Deptford has primarily operated the A1 service with its own fleet of vehicles, but I think this year we will see a bit more variety on this service...
(24 Jul 2015, 5:09 pm)Dan wrote A large number of double-deck vehicles from Riverside, Chester-le-Street, Stanley and Percy Main are on loan to Deptford at present and should return on Sunday night after the Airshow is finished.

In the past I think Deptford has primarily operated the A1 service with its own fleet of vehicles, but I think this year we will see a bit more variety on this service...

Does that include the Omnideckers? Tongue
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(24 Jul 2015, 5:19 pm)Michael wrote Does that include the Omnideckers? Tongue

I'd have thought so, given that the number of Tridents at Stanley has decreased. I would have hoped for some Olympians too, because Stagecoach said in a tweet that all of their shuttles were to be operated by double deckers. I initially thought that they could put some of the R-reg Alexander-bodied examples out on their shuttles, but seeing as they have quite a few E400s and possibly the Tridents from Stockton; that might not be so, there could be a contractual requirement that specifies low-floor vehicles.